Decreased Movement?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-08-2008, 10:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So normally my little guy moves and it looks like he's going to pop out of my stomach, lately he's really slowed down. It's a little scary for me as I'm a FTM, he does move, but I have to pay attention to it or put my hands on my belly to feel he's subtle adjustments. How much is enough when it comes to movement?

And is this decrease normal?

I think part of it is I got so used to not even having to pay attention because he always moved and moved hard, he always kept me up at night and woke me up, but not anymore.

Oh, and does anyone else have REALLY sore knuckles and tender joints and stuff.

Nobody told me pregnancy would be this strange...

Baby wearing Mamma to DS, dealing with all his allergies....and thriving w/another little bundle due in Early Feb
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2008, 10:25 AM

You can drink something, lay on your left side and count 10 movements. Not just kicks, but each subtle movement. If babe moves 10 times in an hour, you are good for the day. If not, get up for an hour, drink something and try again. If nothing the 2nd time, call your care provider.

And yes, joints and stuff are killing me. Of course I have psoratic arthritis which makes it worse. Anyways, thinks like joint pain are totally normal in late pregnancy
Old 07-08-2008, 10:39 AM

if you're getting worried, then Emily's suggestion to do movement counts is a great idea. Remember, it IS any little tiny movement, not just a big kick or finger tickle.

Also, your baby might have been posterior before. That's when their backbone is closest to your back & their limbs are all out in front. So, that's when you get the REALLY big "alien in my belly" movements. You WANT your baby to be anterior for best birthing. www.spinningbabies.com has LOTS of good info on keeping/promoting anterior positions for babies. My first was posterior & it really can make for a more difficult birthing experience (that's where the talk of "back labor" comes in).

You can do this! You're almost holding your baby.

Spark and her four firecrackers.
Old 07-08-2008, 11:49 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks! I did the kick test and he's fine with over 10 movements, I just wasn't sure on what counted as 'movement.' I'm pretty sure he is anterior and on the left side, he's been that way for a few weeks, he's pretty big (big baby 'syndrome' or whatever) so he would switch to just kind of lying sideways on his left side and kicking/pushing out to the right and then when he was done you could see his little body switch back.
Spinning babies is great for this info, I'm been tracking him more since he switched from breech a while ago.

Can't wait to finally meet him!

Baby wearing Mamma to DS, dealing with all his allergies....and thriving w/another little bundle due in Early Feb
Old 07-08-2008, 01:02 PM

My babe has also slowed down a ton. Maybe they are conserving some energy for the big day.. or just out of room.
Old 07-08-2008, 03:57 PM

I find they move less suddenly when they are larger. No more room to stretch out, I guess.

Any misspellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional;
they are placed there for the amusement of those who like to point them out.

User Tag List