What is this pain? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 07-13-2008, 01:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok my turn. I am laying in bed b/c I can barely walk My crotch feels like it is on fire. Not on the inside, but on the outside like i'm all swollen and rubbing or something odd. My groin is so sore and I can feel a ton of pressure when I stand up. My cervix pain is so bad sometimes I can not walk and have to squat for relief. She doesn't feel low all the time... How long will this last and is helping anything along or just making me miserable? I also had cramps all night, but no contractions

Oh and sometimes I swear it feels like my water is about to break I have so much pressure...
#2 of 7 Old 07-13-2008, 01:39 PM

OUCH!!! could it be either a yeast infection or UTI? you can get tests for either/both over the counter at a pharmacy. i would definitely try that asap so you can treat whatever is going on before the babe comes.
#3 of 7 Old 07-13-2008, 01:42 PM

Yeah, I was thinking yeast, perhaps. That is the only thing I could think that would do it, if it is not Baby doing it.

Any misspellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional;
they are placed there for the amusement of those who like to point them out.
#4 of 7 Old 07-13-2008, 01:47 PM

I've been like that for a few weeks, horrible pressure and sharp pains in my cervix and bladder. For me, I think it's just the way the baby is right now, very low. I am swollen there as well, but I can also feel the baby's head *right there*. The yoga ball helps alot I find.

Michelle ~
Mama to ~ Finnegan(10/06) ~ Samuel (7/08) ~ Henry (2/11) ~ He's here! joy.gif Baxter (11/12)

#5 of 7 Old 07-13-2008, 05:27 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnegansmom View Post
I've been like that for a few weeks, horrible pressure and sharp pains in my cervix and bladder. For me, I think it's just the way the baby is right now, very low. I am swollen there as well, but I can also feel the baby's head *right there*. The yoga ball helps alot I find.
Yep that is what it is like I'm very swollen, I had DH look to see what it was and he laughed at me. We raise pigs and they always swell up before labor and he asked me why humans wouldn't be any different. I guess b/c I've never really compared myself to a pig... So according to DH I'm close, but not maybe not that close. Sigh
#6 of 7 Old 07-15-2008, 03:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhaddon View Post
I've never really compared myself to a pig...
I'm pretty sure I remember reading that Dr. Bradley - who championed the "Bradley Method" of "husband coached childbirth" was raised on a farm & watched animals give birth & thought we could learn from them.

I started having the EXACT SAME SENSATION last night!! Exactly as you describe! I know it's not UTI or yeast infection, because the burning feels EXTERNAL - I've had both a UTI (Thankfully, only once in my life about 9 years ago) & a yeast infection & this is not what it feels like. Plus, I was at the hospital for an NST & they checked my urine, as they always do - no signs of infection.

I also figured it was just all that pressure of the baby getting lower. This morning, I'm 41W 1D, so I sure hope he'll be here soon!
#7 of 7 Old 09-01-2008, 06:41 PM

On the one hand, I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling this. On the other hand, I'm kind of freaking out that I'm only 24 weeks and it feels like the baby's already trying to come out. I'm not having any contractions, just the pressure and pain in my cervix.

This intense pressure in my groin just means the baby's low, right? Doesn't necessarily mean he's on his way just yet?

Edited to add: oops, just realized that this thread is in the July 2008 forum. So I'm guessing that no one may see this since y'all are done! Moving my question elsewhere.

Mom of 2 boys: D-Mac (Feb 06) and Ducky (Dec 08)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page