Daily 7/17 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-17-2008, 02:29 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Good morning ladies,
Once again I am still up in the early am. I am getting impatient and really trying to keep calm. The need to meet this babe is shortening my temper and dissolving my patience. Yesterday, I had to apologize to the guy at the supermarket deli because they usually always have a little basket of baklava on the counter and I never buy it because it is kind of a pricey splurge. I woke up craving it and when I went to get some they had none. I realized I was making little b****y, whiny noises and was appalled at myself. He is always so sweet to me.
My son was 2 wks early and I think he spoiled me by coming early. I am also losing patience with him. All he wants me to do is play with him but he is being so extra needy on account of the change coming up. A "spirited child" on the best of days, he reacts to upheaval and his defiance is really wearing on my last nerve.
And, this baby chooses the minute I finally decide I am going to sleep to practice getting ready to emerge. Last night I had braxton hicks every 2 minutes until about 3 or 4 in the morning. I woke up to more around 7:30.
Sorry to be so negative, it is probably a sign that I need to sleep. I'll try again. I hope you ladies are doing better than I am.
I really do hope everyone has a great day!
On the flip side- a question of the day- what is the thing you are most looking forward to about your new little ones? Your favorite baby moments or the things you are most anticipating?

Mmmm, slinging a sleepy baby!
H
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2008, 06:16 AM

I am up with crappy heartburn. DH wasn't feeling good so he proceeds to wake me up and is now sleeping like a baby. Thanks DH!
Anyway, I am most looking forward to nursing this babe! My oldest DD I only nursed for 3 months ( I was young and as soon as we had latch issues and cracking nipples I gave up), and my second I had to EP right from birth (and did so for 14 months I think) as she was born with cleft lip and palate and didn't have the suction required to nurse. It was such a battle to EP and keep my milk up and I had a love/hate relationship with that pump! I am so excited to be able to nurse this one (we had an u/s to find he willl not be cleft affected!).
I am gonna try to go back to bed. gnite/morning all!

Jenn (36), wife to DH for 13 years, DD1(13) , DD2(10) and DS(4)

Old 07-17-2008, 06:34 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
HulaJenn I had to reply before going to bed. I'm seriously missing that nursing relationship. DD only weaned a couple months ago and I can't wait to nurse a little one again! I was getting worn out with DD but she had had a terrible latch for some time at the end, but I've had a rest and can't wait for those little newborn milk drunkness states

Mom to two beautiful girls and  ****5****10****15****20****25****30****35******

Come check out MDC's Updated User Agreement  
Old 07-17-2008, 07:36 AM

I am still here at 42 weeks 1 day. I am doing ok because my Mom arrived last night (she is going to stay through the birth and the first week after the baby arrives). She is a much needed distraction and DH and I are very happy that we changed our plans and asked her to come "early".

I had some cramping late yesterday afternoon into evening (nothing timable, but promising) and have felt nauseous off and on since then-- till this morning when I feel nothing other than my normal butt and hip pain. :

I feel bad because the baby coming so late has sort of screwed my in-laws. They both have unavoidable work conflicts which makes it so they will only be able to come from July 24-27th. Originally the were supposed to be here for a week. They have, of course, been awesome about it and only mentioned it when I asked, but I still feel bad.

Of course thinking about these dates makes me worry that maybe I won't even go before then. There are some women who are pregnant until 44 weeks. It never even crossed my mind that I could be one of those women until now. I really still can't imagine...I think I would go crazy if she didn't come before then.

Have a good day everyone.

April

April, wife to Scott, mother to Lily (07/23/08) and furbaby Bella (6/21/04), and expecting baby #2 in February 2012. 

Old 07-17-2008, 08:07 AM

to all.

Still here. Still pregnant. STILL contracting away.

I'm just really getting tired. Ready for something to shift.

I got a bit of a break yesterday for a couple hours, but I'm right back at about 20 hours now of constant stead ctx again.

Spark and her four firecrackers.
Old 07-17-2008, 09:25 AM

I'm tired of being pregnant, too. I never thought I'd be one of "those" women--so anxious to meet their baby. But here I am.

Last night, I was in tears over supper. We ended up ordering pizza. Not even good pizza--Papa John's. Then, I was up until after 1 with heartburn. Good gravy.

My dh is getting a lot of pressure at work (he works 4 hours away normally, so he's at home this week, with nothing to do, because his job is, well, 4 hours away) of "hasn't the baby come yet?" He's in turn asking me all the time when the baby will come. I DO.NOT.KNOW. If I knew, I would be a picture of calm, beautiful preggo-ness. And I'm not.
Old 07-17-2008, 10:14 AM

morning all.

I'm up, contractions woke me, pretty good and painful ones too, was too uncomfortable to lay in bed with my 4yr old and her feet in my face, DH usually moves her back to her bed after a while but didn't last night so I didn't sleep well.

Lots of bloody show this am too! Pretty intense cramping, like a really bad period kind, trying not to get too excited, in case this is another false alarm, going to go about my day as usual. DD has dance camp from 10am to 12, so during that time I'll probably head over to costco and stock the fridge again, and after that I promised her some swim time so I may try to swim some laps, and avoid the hot tub!

Last night I walked about 2 miles on the indoor track with DH and then the pool just lured me over, it felt good to float and be weightless for a while...

Lots of hugs to all
Old 07-17-2008, 10:18 AM

I am 38W4D today and still feeling quite content to stay pregnant for weeks to come...that is if I am not induced because of this blood clot stuff. I am losing weight like crazy though, which is weird, I never did that with #1.

As far as what I am looking forward to. I am looking forward to holding a baby again. That beautiful stage before they get all squirmy and want to go explore is the best!

I am also really looking forward to nursing again. My first weaned herself in january after more than 3.5 years of nursing and I am looking forward to establishing that relationship with my Olive
Old 07-17-2008, 10:52 AM

40w2d and counting. Painful contrax last night that as usual went away after I fell asleep. I have a midwife appt this morning and will meet up with my doula for a bit afterwards. I hope I do better on my protein test than I did last week. I need to drink water on the car ride there and see what I can do. I'm unsure if I'll have her check me, she felt bad for me last week when she had to tell me I wasn't dilated at all. I mean, at this point it doesn't matter I don't think.

In other news, a friend of mine saw my 40 week photo and said, oh, you are ALL BELLY. Which made me pee my pants, because I have gained 50 pounds. And by 50, I am being conservative. Unless I'm having a 30 pound baby, I hate to say it but it's NOT all belly....

Michelle, Mama to ~ F (10/06) ~ S (7/08) ~ H (2/11) ~ B (11/12)
Expecting a surprise (5/15)
Old 07-17-2008, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilsfools View Post
There are some women who are pregnant until 44 weeks. It never even crossed my mind that I could be one of those women until now. I really still can't imagine...I think I would go crazy if she didn't come before then.
This thought has crossed my mind too... I was very very sure there would be a baby here by August, but I admitted to the midwife yesterday that I realize that just might not happen. Of course, thats weeks away and lots can happen - but it was this sudden thought that flashed in my mind. I've decided that 44 weeks is probably too long for my personal comfort level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetsyS View Post
I'm tired of being pregnant, too. I never thought I'd be one of "those" women--so anxious to meet their baby. But here I am.
While I'm feeling pretty patient, I'm also silently anxious about when labor will start and wanting to meet this little person - maybe then I can feel a bit more about it (gonna post a new thread on that). I never wanted to be one of "those" women either, but it's nice getting reassurances that it's perfectly normal to be getting anxious and excited at this point - there is a lot of unknowns still waiting and it doesn't mean I'm super mom to not get worked up over them.

Karen happily partnered mother of 3 beautiful girls (teen/toddler/newborn).
Old 07-17-2008, 11:15 AM

I just remembered......labour friggin hurts doesn't it??? I am a little scared and not as anxious for it to start anytime soon! LOL

Jenn (36), wife to DH for 13 years, DD1(13) , DD2(10) and DS(4)

Old 07-17-2008, 11:39 AM

hi everyone! i am also on the useless contraction train. very intense last night but nothingthis morning!
i am 40w and 1d.

i am looking forward to finding the strength again to make it through labor and transition. it is amazing what women can do!

good luck dawna rose!
Old 07-17-2008, 11:50 AM

I'm still having lots of Braxton Hicks...which become more frequent and more uncomfortable in the evening and throughout the night.

Do they actually accomplish anything? My books just say they are "practice contractions"...so does that mean they don't have any effect at all on the cervix etc? Amazing how little I know about the basics.

Feeling VERY nesty...like I need to stay home and sit on my eggs. Did my very last grocery shopping today....for the next month or so I will have them delivered. A real luxury that fortunately doesn't cost much where we are.

Baking whole grain vegan cookies today as it's a rainy day...which I'm thankful for. I wanted to buy a new pair of flip flops today but I couldn't squeeze my swollen sausage feet into a single pair. Lovely!

Thinking of all the laboring mamas!

Blissed out mama to 3 beautiful boys love.gif LIFE IS GOOD! thumb.gif

Old 07-17-2008, 11:53 AM

Well, I'm going in later this afternoon for my induction ladies. Their going to call when they have room for me (after 5pm) and he'll be here in less than 24 hours.

I'm going to guess 6lbs10ozs, 7 hours labor, and 19inches. Well see I suppose, so I'll update you as the time nears.

Tenk ~ happily married with lots of kids

Old 07-17-2008, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenk View Post
Well, I'm going in later this afternoon for my induction ladies. Their going to call when they have room for me (after 5pm) and he'll be here in less than 24 hours.

I'm going to guess 6lbs10ozs, 7 hours labor, and 19inches. Well see I suppose, so I'll update you as the time nears.
Good luck, mama! How exciting that you'll be snuggling your little one so soon! Looking forward to your update!

Blissed out mama to 3 beautiful boys love.gif LIFE IS GOOD! thumb.gif

Old 07-17-2008, 12:26 PM

still pregnant, still contracting, baby is still posterior. it has previously been such a swimmy baby, maybe it's cord is too tangled to safely turn? idk, just trying to think of a reason why it would suddenly stop swimming and pick this crappy position to be born in...

seeing my mw in a couple of hours...we almost didn't make this appointment because we didn't think i'd need it...trying to be positive about still being pregnant. like, i could have a baby monday and give my mom a new grandbaby for her birthday, that would be cool! or, even better, i could hold out another week and give my grandpa a new great grandbaby who will probably be named for him anyway for his birthday! sweet! and then i think, crap, i'd have to be pregnant for another eight days to do that...i'll get you something else really cool, ok grandpa?

Jenny (27) partner to Michael (28) mama to Zoe (8) Selene (4) Garvin (2) and baby Gwendolyn (born 14 Jan 2011)
Old 07-17-2008, 12:56 PM

Oh I can't wait to hear about your baby Tenk! Good luck and enjoy these last few hours of being pregnant.

Well nothing much exciting except I am itching very bad this morning so I'm getting ready to take a shower. I feel like the day is going good so far. I have gotten a lot done this morning (finally) I do still need to wash my sheets, but I'll have to do that tommorow if I feel like it b/c I have a dr. appt this afternoon and a tour of the hospital. My new pump tubes arrived today, so my pump is ready. Not much pain today so I feel in pretty good spirits. I just hate having on/off contractions and feeling like crap and not getting anywhere with them, KWIM? I guess I just want it to all happen at once or leave me alone
Old 07-17-2008, 01:28 PM

Still here. Still wishing I wasn't.

Still cxing. Still tired. Still ready to pull this baby out, with or without Baby's consent!

Any misspellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional;
they are placed there for the amusement of those who like to point them out.
Old 07-17-2008, 01:55 PM

I had my midwife appt this morning. Everything is fine, heartrate is 147, my BP was 112/78. They scheduled a NST and US for next week, since I'll be 41 weeks by then. She tried to give me some natural inducers, the sex (haha, yeah right) and the EPO, but I don't know, it doesn't seem "enough" to me right now. I feel really far away from having this baby for some reason.

I did mention, regarding my 4# (!) weight gain that I had 3 pints of Ben and Jerry's in the freezer, and she said "Oh, Just have a spoonful or two to satisfy your craving"...
HAHAHAHAHAHA.... can you imagine? 40+ weeks pregnant, 96 degrees, middle of July. ONE SPOONFUL of icecream? I'm lucky to stop at ONE PINT. I've been chuckling for 2 hours about that.... haha....

Old 07-17-2008, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HulaJenn View Post
...labour friggin hurts doesn't it??? ...
Actually, I found labour not *that* bad, even though I was in labour for two days. The part that horrified me was pushing; most people have relatively short pushing phases, but I was stalled in the pushing phase for maybe 5 or 6 hours, and that was sheer torture. I was completely unprepared for that.
Old 07-17-2008, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnegansmom View Post
I had my midwife appt this morning. Everything is fine, heartrate is 147, my BP was 112/78. They scheduled a NST and US for next week, since I'll be 41 weeks by then. She tried to give me some natural inducers, the sex (haha, yeah right) and the EPO, but I don't know, it doesn't seem "enough" to me right now. I feel really far away from having this baby for some reason.

I did mention, regarding my 4# (!) weight gain that I had 3 pints of Ben and Jerry's in the freezer, and she said "Oh, Just have a spoonful or two to satisfy your craving"...
HAHAHAHAHAHA.... can you imagine? 40+ weeks pregnant, 96 degrees, middle of July. ONE SPOONFUL of icecream? I'm lucky to stop at ONE PINT. I've been chuckling for 2 hours about that.... haha....
Oh you so deserve a whole pint a day at this stage.

Babybel 8/5/08. Growing her sister: ***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**40*
Old 07-17-2008, 02:09 PM

So, just about the same here, hanging out, washed baby clothes and diapers last night .

This is our first baby...oh, I'm not even using the dipes yet, and I find them so adorable. Is this normal?

Taking EPO, drinking RRL tea, and feeling just the occasional cervical lightening type pain.

Trying to make an appt. for a haircut before baby...

Babybel 8/5/08. Growing her sister: ***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**40*
Old 07-17-2008, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiberLover View Post
This is our first baby...oh, I'm not even using the dipes yet, and I find them so adorable. Is this normal?
yes!!

I just finished 3 more diaper covers, which is good since I only had 2 to start with. Will have to wait for DH to get home to put the snaps on as I can't work my snap press without pulling belly muscles.

hoping I'm going to have enough energy to go back in there and whip up about a dozen post partum pads, cause once I do we'll finally have everything we need -- maybe thats whats holding up the works....

Karen happily partnered mother of 3 beautiful girls (teen/toddler/newborn).
Old 07-17-2008, 02:14 PM

3 more days before my due date here! I'm just at the point where I reallly want to meet her! And to get the labor and pushing over with! I think that I've developed a hemerroid though, that seems to be very painful.. I hope I can get rid of it before birthing time! Hmmmmm......... should start a new thread on that!

Mom to Ds1 (8 1/2) Ds2 (6) Dd (2 1/2)!!!!
Old 07-17-2008, 02:27 PM

Feeling happily and surprisingly distracted from labor thoughts today! Almost feeling like my non-pregnant self. Planning a nice walk, and some book time in the hot tub (turned cold tub for the summer). I hope this lasts, because I was starting to get on my own nerves thinking about labor! But today, I kind of just don't care one way or the other!
Old 07-17-2008, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xixstar View Post
yes!!

I just finished 3 more diaper covers, which is good since I only had 2 to start with. Will have to wait for DH to get home to put the snaps on as I can't work my snap press without pulling belly muscles.

hoping I'm going to have enough energy to go back in there and whip up about a dozen post partum pads, cause once I do we'll finally have everything we need -- maybe thats whats holding up the works....
hee, good!

I have a nice little stash of assorted dipes and covers, but I'm totally resisting the temptation to order more...since I want to wait and see what works best first.

The little fleecy Kissaluvs are sooooooo cute.

Old 07-17-2008, 03:04 PM

I get to face a huge pile of dirty dishes (I think it is every dish and utensil in the house) because our dishwasher broke two days ago. New one is ordered but will not be here till Tuesday. So I am handwashing all these dishes and then we are eating out or off paper plates till Tuesday!

On top of that, our sprinklers decided to break in the back yard yesterday and it wasn't till after 9 we realized, that they had been running from about 10am. Our back yard is flooded and now dh has to deal with that.

My house is a mess and I really need his help getting it clean, but it is also my second sons 11th birthday, so he is taking him and the kids to the local family fun center. There is no point in me going, pregnant mama can't do any of the fun things, and i would just end up chasing the 2 year old around.

On the labor front, nothing happening other then some cramping and an occasional strong contraction.
Old 07-17-2008, 03:04 PM

I have the kissaluvs 0 for new baby! I love them, so cute. I hope this baby isn't a moose and will be able to fit into them. Now that I'm over the 40 week mark, I'm getting a little nervous. They are tiny.... I've washed all my diapers and they are all put away, but with each passing day and no baby, I wonder if I should start prepping my smalls as well?

I can't wait to use them! I've manhandled them so much during this pregnancy I'm going to wear them out! My son's diapers are cute too, but a size NB is so much cuter than size L.... :-)

Old 07-17-2008, 05:04 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Ok so we have a local "labour" pasta... and there's a bunch of us going out tonight for it... between that, and the breastpump and DTD a couple times and the birth ball and the moon we're really hoping it's soon!

Not to mention that my bottom number on my BP looks fine but the top is a little high.. and yesterday I spilled sugars into my urine... which my midwife was puzzelled about.. it wasn't just a bit it was the thing turned as dark as it could... I of course knew it was from eating 3/4 of a tub of ready made french vanilla rainbow bit icing... I mean after the last couple days of phone calls with my mom I NEEDED it... everyone's gotta have that bad item right? LOL I didn't tell her what it was but I told her she didn't want to know and that it was REALLY bad... so she sent me home with test strips... and my morning was was PERFECT, no sugars at all... all that protein I came home and ate and the glasses and glasses of water I downed probably helped.

And I have another midwife appointment and NST next tuesday and I refuse to go to them. I will have a baby by then... but if I don't I think my cut off date is Aug 8th. I would love a baby Aug 8th as it was my grandma's birthday but it's the absolute latest I wanna go (43w and 3d if you go by the earliest DD). But I still want a cancer baby and not a leo baby. DD is a "forced" leo on the cusp and is more a virgo but has some some leo traits. If she hadn't been induced she would have been a virgo and it's soo much more her personality.

And I actually weighed myself yesterday.. I haven't done that in months. I've gained 15 pounds... which isn't bad but when you are really overweight and you had lost around 11 pounds near the begining well I was hoping it would only be closer to nothing gained or maybe ~5. But 15 isn't bad and I'm hoping to end up the same or less at delivery as I was when I started I have so much to lose...

And I'm determined to lose a bunch before my next pregnancy...

Mom to two beautiful girls and  ****5****10****15****20****25****30****35******

Come check out MDC's Updated User Agreement  
Old 07-17-2008, 05:10 PM

lil update, probably nothing but here goes...

lost huge amount of mucus plug this morning, and have been losing bits and pieces each time I wipe after peeing, tinged with blood and am still cramping pretty often.

Had some GOOD stop me in my track contractions in Costco, squatting at the cart kinda freaked a couple older ladies out, haha. Managed to spend 300.00 on food (gah!) and get home in time to pick up DD from dance camp.

Have had three good contrax since I've been home in the last half hour, had to stop putting groceries away and concentrate on them, sitting here at the desk on my ball and have the timer up just to see if I can get a pattern going. Seems like the more i walk the more I get, but walking is dreadfully painful right now :

User Tag List