JULY EDD - How was your hypnosis experience for your baby's birth? - Mothering Forums
View Poll Results: JULY EDDrs - If you used hypnosis for childbirth, how was your experience?
I practiced hypnosis CDs every day (& Affirmation CD) and I had a pain free birth. 0 0%
I practiced hypnoCDs every day (& affirmation CD) & I had a somewhat painful. It did help. 5 71.43%
I practiced hypnoCDs every day (& affirmation CD) and I had a painful birth. Didn't help. 1 14.29%
I practiced hypnoCDs sometimes (& affirmation CD) and I had a pain free birth. 0 0%
I practiced hypnoCDs sometimes (& affirmation CD) and I had a painful birth. It helped. 0 0%
I practiced hypnoCDs sometimes (& affirmation CD) and had a painful birth. It didn't help. 1 14.29%
Totally and completely OTHER! 0 0%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 07-17-2008, 12:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
If you used a hypnosis program for childbirth and you've given birth... how was your experience?

Spark and her four firecrackers.
#2 of 6 Old 07-17-2008, 02:18 PM

I'm curious too. I'm still practicing, but my gas pains hurt so bad I can't see how my 'surges' won't!!

Mommy to 6 year old dd and almost 2 year old ds, working to become happy every day and healthy along the way!
#3 of 6 Old 07-17-2008, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madiesmommy View Post
I'm curious too. I'm still practicing, but my gas pains hurt so bad I can't see how my 'surges' won't!!
I worried a bit about that, but I don't think that's the perfect test. I have found that the techniques do seem to work better with contractions than with random pain, or pain around which there is a lot of fear. (My stab wound to the belly of 3 weeks ago, for example.)

Actually, I've had good (noticeable) results with things like terrible Charley horses (leg cramps) and the whole stab wound/E.R. experience....the hypno training definitely, definitely makes a difference. But it seems even better at or for managing the tightening uterus. It seems so easy to relax around that, and for fear to be absent. Of course, I have not gotten into the thick of it, but those affirmations are so good when it comes to that phase, I think. I keep thinking of the powerful ones bringing my babies that much closer to being in my arms. It's a wonderful take on it, I think.
#4 of 6 Old 07-17-2008, 05:50 PM

I did hypnobabies, but not faithfully. only sporadically, actually. it didn't help.
#5 of 6 Old 07-17-2008, 07:12 PM

i chose I practiced hypnoCDs every day (& affirmation CD) & I had a somewhat painful. It did help.

i didn't really consider it painful till transition which was quick. i was able to laugh and joke between ctx till he was out too! lol
#6 of 6 Old 07-17-2008, 10:24 PM

I was very comfy (like, lounging in the bathrub reading a book) until around 8cm or so- then the combination of getting out of the tub, the midwife arriving, and being told I was at 8cm, kicked up the intensity to the point where it was very painful (pressure, my ass!). I do wonder what would have happened if my husband hadn't told our midwife to come over when he did (other than having an unexpected UC, hah!) and I just kept hanging out in the tub.

That said, I was able to stay very very *relaxed*, and my husband said I didn't seem like I was in pain at all, for the most part. It was definitely worth the time and money, imo.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page