OMG! What is wrong w/me?! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 16 Old 07-18-2008, 12:41 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok, someone please help! I have had a super rough recovery and now I do not know what is going on!

My afterpains have been super intense, I have a prolapsed uterus, I lost quite a bit of blood immediately following delivery, pieces of membrane were "left" inside and took a day to come out, I had at least one very large clot right after birth w/lots of smaller ones that followed, NOW I have a UTI AND I tried rinsing w/my peri bottle and OMG it burned all over down there!!!!

What is the deal???

I used hibiclens, could that be why it burned? So now here I am w/a nasty uti still in lots of pain from the delivery and I just feel like crap!!

Tabitha, married to my best friend Steven - Mama to 6 little ones and another on the way!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 16 Old 07-18-2008, 12:54 AM

I'm sorry Mama. I haven't had the chance to get updated on your situation but have you been able to get checked out by a midwife? I know you UC but if you are feeling like things aren't right, it might be a good idea?

I hope you recover well soon

Jenna in love with my DH Jon, loving our 2.5 year old, Caroline Tulip, and expecting another little one in August!
#3 of 16 Old 07-18-2008, 12:56 AM

I had a similiar experience after Number 2. I found out I had an uterus infection. Call in and get an appointment with your ob. You might need some antibodies. Is your abdomen tender to touch?
#4 of 16 Old 07-18-2008, 01:23 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks Jenna (and congrats!) I did call our family doc (who is who I see during pg when needed) and they told me the afterpains and my uterus being prolapsed are both normal. But, I am starting to wonder about a uterine infection. My uterus is not tender at all. Ugh, antibiotics and thrush... That's all I can think about! Don't get me wrong, I will do what I have to do, but I'd be loading up on probiotics if it came down to having to take antibiotics!

So, is that what its sounding like? A uterine infection?

Tabitha, married to my best friend Steven - Mama to 6 little ones and another on the way!
#5 of 16 Old 07-18-2008, 01:28 AM

my afterbirth pains were so intense with number 2. I could barely walk and nurse. I was running a slight temperature.

I dont' for sure what it could be, but it could hurt to get checked out.

You should feel tired and sore after birth, not the way you are describing.

I know what you mean about the antibodies. I had to be put on them with number3 and the baby totally broke out in the worst diaper rash. I did stop taking them, but by that time the infection was gone. If you do get anitbodies get a good probiotic.

I know there are holistic methods for UTI try the Home birth forum ask there.

I hope you feel better sooon!
#6 of 16 Old 07-18-2008, 01:41 AM

I'm sorry to hear your feeling so shitty. I had a rough time too after my little guys birth. The afterpains were intense and I had to almost be transfered due to blood loss. I have been taking arnica and hemoplex and am starting to feel better. I hope you are able to find something that works for you so you can back to feeling good

S Momma to:8:5:4:1.5 and: May 29 2010 loving wife to C:
:::: ::: formally mom_2_3_girls
#7 of 16 Old 07-18-2008, 02:14 AM

maybe a kidney infection (different/more intense than a UTI)? i got one about 2 weeks after having dd, and i got really miserable really fast. definitely get things checked out at least at a fam doc or urgent care/walk in clinic. for me, i had to have a giant shot of abx in the bum and then a few days worth of pills too, but i felt better almost immediately. i told the doc i always get yeast infections from abx, so he also gave me 3 days worth of diflucan. maybe you could request a script for diflucan as well if you need abx? we had no problems with thrush whatsoever. hth and you're feeling better asap!!!
#8 of 16 Old 07-18-2008, 02:23 AM

sounds like infection to me. Probiotics, immune boosters, and goldenseal to flush it all out sound like decent ideas to me. I know there's controversy about goldenseal, but it gets rid of yukky stuff. Good luck!
#9 of 16 Old 07-18-2008, 03:01 AM

I'm sure that you are, but a reminder to moniter your temperature. Uterine infections are generally accompanied by a nasty smelling discharge.

Did you dilute the hibiclense enough? it should be about one small squirt of hibiclens to an entire peri-bottle.

Julia, mama to Bumpa 2008, and The Mole 2011

#10 of 16 Old 07-18-2008, 02:37 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you so much for your helpful suggestions!!!

Ya know... I did not dilute the hibiclens at all : I know, that's awful but it was just a quick wash and I didn't think it would hurt anything. Obviously it did!

I am feeling much better today. I've been taking emergen-c and was taking the probiotics I have, but I had dh run and get some azo cranberry last night... Just the kind w/vit c, probiotics, and cranberry... I've also been drinking 100% natural cranberry juice which is omg strong! The afterpains today are a million times better. I always get a slight temp after having a baby but its nothing that makes me think there's a problem as far as that goes. No bad odor so that's a good sign too.

Maybe I'm just being a wimp this time?! You'd think after the 4th time I would just sail on thru but no, not this time.

I *think* if it was a kidney infection I would be in much more pain right?

I got a good night's sleep last night, so that is helping too. I'm going to watch things very closely and see what happens. I'm also going to try and rest more today too.

#11 of 16 Old 07-18-2008, 02:50 PM

Sending you healing vibes.

Babybel 8/5/08. Growing her sister: ***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**40*
#12 of 16 Old 07-18-2008, 03:52 PM

Sounds like you've already gotten tons of good advice and are feeling better but I just wanted to add.....OMG the afterpains! I couldn't believe it! On night 2 I couldn't sleep at all, I was just up and down and moaning and secretly cursing my DS for wanting to nurse!

Hope things continue to look up for you!

Linzie~~wife to Eli 10.1.06, mama to Summer 5.06 and John 7.08
#13 of 16 Old 07-18-2008, 06:46 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linzie2 View Post
Sounds like you've already gotten tons of good advice and are feeling better but I just wanted to add.....OMG the afterpains! I couldn't believe it! On night 2 I couldn't sleep at all, I was just up and down and moaning and secretly cursing my DS for wanting to nurse!

Hope things continue to look up for you!
Aren't they awful?! My GOD! I thought I was going to die!!

#14 of 16 Old 07-19-2008, 12:32 PM

I'm glad it sounds like you're pulling through without the antibiotics. I got thrush from them with my second daughter (didn't know about probiotics then), no fun!

Would you enjoy the cranberry juice better if you watered it down? Water is good too.

Not to be negative, because I think you'll be fine, but a kidney infection could just feel like a UTI with an achy back. The back ache part could be totally masked by the postnatal aches and pains. Keep an eye on your temperature just in case!
#15 of 16 Old 07-19-2008, 02:02 PM - Thread Starter

I will definitely keep an eye on things! So far so good... I am keeping my fingers crossed! :

#16 of 16 Old 07-19-2008, 11:14 PM

Glad you are feeling better Huskermommy!

H

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page