Daily 7/18 - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 48 Old 07-18-2008, 01:34 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i am 39 weeks!

i had not made a single thing for the new one yet, so i did today thinking maybe that is why he isnt born yet. now he can be born and have his very own blanket- i even embroidered his full name on it! if that isnt tempting, i dont know what is!

my last baby was born at 4 am on the day i turned 39 weeks. please, do not let this one wait until 44 weeks!

i too check my own cervix and it is much more forward than it had been. his head is very very low. c'mon full moon!

Hi, I'm Tabitha. I'm a homeschooling mother of four: ds (11) dd (9) ds (7) ds (5) And I'm expecting a fifth in 2014! Find me at http://www.omelay.blogspot.com
#32 of 48 Old 07-18-2008, 01:54 PM

Kerri, what about the Webster technique (from a chiropractor) and acupuncture? My bf did the acupuncture on my pinkie toes, and it turned the baby, who was also transverse. She snuck her head back out again, but I feel confident that we can get that head in my pelvis again, too. The little frozen veggie/hot pack thing seemed to help too. I hope it works!
#33 of 48 Old 07-18-2008, 02:25 PM

Well back from the docs. He didn't do a check (which is okay by me I guess - I would hate to be disappointed in any lack of progress really), but he did say that the baby's head has moved right down in the pelvis (is that the same as engaged?). I totally noticed that this morning too- way more pressure, cramping, achy pelvis etc... ao I hope that is a good sign.
I am also overanalyzing toilet paper -anyone else obsessed lately? I think there is a pink tinge to my discharge but maybe it is the lighting in my bathroom? I feel like I did when TTC and trying to see that second line on a pg test! LOL

Jenn (36), wife to DH for 13 years, DD1(13) , DD2(10) and DS(4)

#34 of 48 Old 07-18-2008, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HulaJenn View Post
Well back from the docs. He didn't do a check (which is okay by me I guess - I would hate to be disappointed in any lack of progress really), but he did say that the baby's head has moved right down in the pelvis (is that the same as engaged?). I totally noticed that this morning too- way more pressure, cramping, achy pelvis etc... ao I hope that is a good sign.
I am also overanalyzing toilet paper -anyone else obsessed lately? I think there is a pink tinge to my discharge but maybe it is the lighting in my bathroom? I feel like I did when TTC and trying to see that second line on a pg test! LOL
hee, I totally am doing the TP Tango now .

Just like TTC...

yay for baby moving down!

Babybel 8/5/08. Growing her sister: ***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**40*
#35 of 48 Old 07-18-2008, 02:33 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Still hanging out here, not quite 39 weeks yet. My midwife will be out of town this weekend, which of course meant my body started up the prodromal labor last night in hopes of a UC. Today is my little girl's 2nd birthday so I'm just happy to not go into labor today!

Chaotic uc.jpg homeschool.gif mama to 5 plus a bonus one on the way.  stork-suprise.gif

chicken3.gif

#36 of 48 Old 07-18-2008, 03:09 PM

Quote:
I stalk too! I never see anything "good". I used to stalk the TP when for implantation bleeding or signs of AF when I was TTC. And of course when I was newly pregnant. It's like when I bought 100 OPKs and used them all up BEFORE I ever had my first pp AF. Umm, Got Issues?

Michelle, Mama to ~ F (10/06) ~ S (7/08) ~ H (2/11) ~ B (11/12)
Expecting a surprise (5/15)
#37 of 48 Old 07-18-2008, 04:19 PM

Happy birthday to your dd, and happy birthing-versary to, Red Sonja!!
#38 of 48 Old 07-18-2008, 05:35 PM

Yep, stalking the TP here as well and nothing
Just got back from my acupuncture appt. Oh wow, I am already feeling some light contractions and even more crampy and pressure now : I really hope to go tonight or tommorow. She said it could take up to 24 hours and showed me what to have DH do for acupressure as well. I'm getting ready to go to the parade and now I'm not so sure that was a good idea- my birthing ball is calling my name I'll update when I get back tonight

Come on full moon, let's have some babies!!
#39 of 48 Old 07-18-2008, 06:02 PM

mhaddon, oooh, sending you vibes! I might have to look into accupuncture if this works...

I've also noticed we're slowing down, less births now, not as much excitement every day!

Thinking about Teneal/Tenk! Hoping your induction went well and Bodie is snuggled with you right now.

My baby is wiggling around a lot right now, lots of BH ctx. Just taking it easy here, looking forward to a nice weekend with my DH, and looking forward to my mw appointment on Monday.

edited to add:

OMG, my baby just went NUTS for about 30 minutes. Seriously, more movement than I've ever, ever felt before. Now she seems to be sleeping again. Is this normal? Whoa. I hope so.

Babybel 8/5/08. Growing her sister: ***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**40*
#40 of 48 Old 07-18-2008, 06:34 PM

i had my baby!! he is the best ever. he was born around 3 this morning and my family is so perfect. and i had the best midwives. and i was so sure i would go super late like i did with ds. but i wasn't even 41 weeks yet!!

the afterpains are killer.

anyways, stats:

born at home, caught by dp/dad.
9 pounds 4 ounces (my biggest baby yet, dd was 8/8, ds was 7/12)
super sweet and soft and good smelling.

ELVs all around. :
#41 of 48 Old 07-18-2008, 06:39 PM

congrats delicious!! I am not looking forward to afterpains

So after walking around with baby real low in my pelvis today, I am suddenly feeling SO menstrual crampy that I wanna put a heating pad on and curl up and die! Is this possibly the onset of labour -cuz I have my kids Ukrainian dance concert tonight but if labour is imminent then I don't want to go! I guess there's no surefire way to tell. Could just be that one step closer that could drag on for weeks right? Owwwwie!!

Jenn (36), wife to DH for 13 years, DD1(13) , DD2(10) and DS(4)

#42 of 48 Old 07-18-2008, 06:50 PM

congratulations, delicious!! best wishes for a snug babymoon.

Hi, I'm Tabitha. I'm a homeschooling mother of four: ds (11) dd (9) ds (7) ds (5) And I'm expecting a fifth in 2014! Find me at http://www.omelay.blogspot.com
#43 of 48 Old 07-18-2008, 07:11 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
So after walking around with baby real low in my pelvis today, I am suddenly feeling SO menstrual crampy that I wanna put a heating pad on and curl up and die!
I've been crampy for a while now... Sometimes I get contractions with the cramps sometimes I don't. But OOWWW I don't want my period back and I got mine back at 6 weeks with DD and THOSE menstrual cramps were HORRIFIC!

Mom to two beautiful girls and  ****5****10****15****20****25****30****35******

Come check out MDC's Updated User Agreement  
#44 of 48 Old 07-18-2008, 07:32 PM

Congrats, delicious! Woo hooo!

Prairie - Unfortunately we don't have any extra cash for me to be able to go see a chiro or get accupuncture done! But I am "spinning baby" (lol) like crazy trying to get her to turn!! I've been using the peas (well actually a big old cold pack thingy that I got from the chiro last year after my car accident) and heating pad thing and nothing yet! But I'm not giving up! I'm GONNA get this baby to turn on her own! I'm determined! LOL (They will still induce on Monday even if she's turned, just due to the lower fluids...)

Wife to Kevin (8-1-98)
: Proud Momma to Katelyn (4-02), Calvin (4-06), and Ashley (7-08) :
#45 of 48 Old 07-18-2008, 07:36 PM - Thread Starter

woo hoo! congrats delicious!!!!! that sounds like a wonderful birth!

forgot to say it earlier, but congrats to you too spark! bloody show is something to celebrate!

had a MW appt today and picked up the la bassine from her. everything was great with the babe and i. babe is LOP, but at least that's not just OP, right?!? the head was even lower than it has been for the past couple weeks. like, she couldn't palpate much more than the lower back of the head and top of the neck above the top of my pelvis. no wonder i feel so crampy the past day or two! she said she doesn't think it will be all that long, but she's fine with however long it will take. ITA with her, but lemme tell ya, i would love for these stretch marks not to grow any more than they already have. i have them just kinda coming out from my bellybutton (like a sunshine on my belly) and they're not too big, but they creep a teensy bit further with every passing day, and have been for the past week or so.

i almost forgot, she and her partner also played "guess the baby's weight" today. they're thinking upper 6's to low 7's. yay for that! dd was right around the same size (not quite 7.5# when born at 42+2), so it sounds right on for me at this point (40+6 today). it makes me feel a little better since everyone seems to think my belly is sooooo big. i think it looks bigger than last time because of the fact that i'm about 10-15# lighter, so there's just less fluff, which in turn makes the belly look that much bigger in comparison to the small-ish body that's attached to it.
#46 of 48 Old 07-18-2008, 10:08 PM

Congrats delicious on your arrival!

So work was annoying and unnecessarily stressful (I mean, I work at home for the love of God...) today and seriously, I had crazy painful contractions when I was totally stressing out. I can only imagine my silly job putting me into labor... It made me grumpy and then I snarked out at DH who is now hiding in the family room with the dogs. I'm off to fold 2 loads of diapers.... *sigh*

Have a nice night ladies! ELV !

Michelle, Mama to ~ F (10/06) ~ S (7/08) ~ H (2/11) ~ B (11/12)
Expecting a surprise (5/15)
#47 of 48 Old 07-18-2008, 10:24 PM

Congratulations delicious! :

I'm sitting here, contracting about every 4 min. Going to call midwife soon...
#48 of 48 Old 07-18-2008, 10:59 PM

Well I've had a few contractions, but nothing to be excited over.

Yay! Another baby : and I really hope this is it DawnaRose ELV's!!

Well I'm wore out it was in the 90's for the parade and just me and my mom and the boys. Good thing they sat pretty still waiting for the candy to be thrown at them

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page