Daily 7/18 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 48 Old 07-18-2008, 01:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i was going to post on yesterday's, but then i realized it's friday now!

hope you're all doing well and having some lovely, productive, baby producing ctx or getting much needed rest (you in particular dawnarose)!!!

i've been contracting on and off since earlier this evening. nothing to make me watch the clock dilligently, but enough to make me take a little notice. had to poo 3x (which is unusual and labor-ish for me) but no show or MP to go along with it.

i'm 40+6 today. having a little bit of labor cold feet, but once it's here, i'm sure i'll be fine. just trying my best to pump myself up about it and remind myself that it WILL NOT be the same as dd's, no matter what it actually IS.

keep the birth stories coming mamas!!!
#2 of 48 Old 07-18-2008, 02:19 AM

It's not quite tomorrow here yet, but I'd rather get a jump on tomorrow. That full moon that everybody's talking about.....oooooh it sure is pretty and big and round!

Anyways, I'm just putting along being pregnant, more pregnant than I have ever been. It's a really funny thing. I can't sleep, and I made the mistake last night of trying to read an article about how crappy maternal death rates are in the US by Ina May. Wrong choice for reading!

I had a massage today..with a long foot rub. Yahoo! Now if she would just come back and do that for the rest of the night, maybe I could get to sleep.

My little girl is going from my pelvis, transverse, and back again. It makes for a really interesting time.:

Hope everyone has a great day
love the birth stories
#3 of 48 Old 07-18-2008, 02:58 AM

hi all. i am up with contractions that are now 5 minutes apart! i have had so many close call that i still don't know yet. but, they are going around through the small of my back and i just took the biggest midnight poop!

we will see, full moon babe or not!
#4 of 48 Old 07-18-2008, 03:56 AM

anyone up????? when should i call the midwife? ctx holding steady at 5 minutes apart for 11/2 hrs or do...
anyone????
#5 of 48 Old 07-18-2008, 03:57 AM

: Good luck rootsandwings!

I've been contracting regularly for weeks now. I'm 40 weeks 3 days, 2cm dialated and about 75% effaced. The contrax had slowed down some last week, but the last few days they've been getting fairly regular and a bit more intense.

I just can't wait for this to be over! I knew that I would reach a point in pregnancy where I got sick of being pregnant, I just didn't realize how intensely I'd actually want it to end!

It's 3am here and I can't sleep. Not that this is different from any other night lately, but I wish that I could at least catch a few good night's zzz's before I begin active labor!

mama/stepmama (07/08/08/97)
#6 of 48 Old 07-18-2008, 03:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootsandwings View Post
anyone up????? when should i call the midwife? ctx holding steady at 5 minutes apart for 11/2 hrs or do...
anyone????

When does she want you to call? Did you guys discuss it previously?

Mine won't come until I am no longer able to really speak through a contrax... Call her if you feel you need to! The worst she'll say is call her back later!

#7 of 48 Old 07-18-2008, 04:25 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootsandwings View Post
anyone????
If you need to call call, the worst she'll do is tell you to go lay down and call back later

But I've heard a generalization of 4 minutes apart, a minute long for an hour.. 4-1-1

Mom to two beautiful girls and  ****5****10****15****20****25****30********40**

Come check out MDC's Updated User Agreement  
#8 of 48 Old 07-18-2008, 04:34 AM

rootsandwings - hopefully it became really obvious to you to call or not! It really depends on what you & the MW talked about. Also, how far away your MW is. Wishing you a THIS IS IT! moment and a beautiful peaceful birth!

I'm up to eat some cereal. : I'll be back to join the posting party after some more sleep.

Spark and her four firecrackers.
#9 of 48 Old 07-18-2008, 06:48 AM

Well I've been up since DH got up for work at 4:30. Nothing happening but I was hungry for some cereal and decided to make my RRL brew. As soon as it is done i'm going back to bed. I have decided I do not like my DH today. Just b/c he complains about not getting any sleep and I think by the time your break it down he actually gets more than me and it is in one clump, not small intervals. I'm tired of DS2 waking up and screaming for daddy and daddy needing sleep so not even cuddleing w/ him for a few minutes, but taking 10 minutes in the morning to put his socks on : (while he's screaming for him)
Plus I really don't want a c/s right now and she won't come out and even if by some odd miracle she did come out it would take him 2 hours to get home and that is if he rushed, which he never does and by then I don't even know if I'd want him around. I'm such an emotional mess today. Poor guy has no clue why I'm upset. Stupid hormones, ok going to sleep so I don't start randomly crying again...
#10 of 48 Old 07-18-2008, 08:06 AM

I'm here, though the cx have picked up again. I am hoping this is it, but I won't trust it until I see a head!

So MAYBE I will be holding my LO today. If not, I am sure I will crash when they finally go away.

Any misspellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional;
they are placed there for the amusement of those who like to point them out.
#11 of 48 Old 07-18-2008, 08:10 AM

40w1d here

Not having any contractions though. I think he's quite comfy in there.

I've developed some sort of head cold. I'm trying to drink lots of water and get plenty of Vitamin C. And use my neti pot! That thing is amazing, it's the only thing that is helping me breathe right now.

I hope this full moon brings on some action for some of us!!!

Mama to DS 7/23/08.
#12 of 48 Old 07-18-2008, 08:17 AM

39w 4d
On my way to Dr appt. Not sleeping, feet like bowling balls, no ctx....sigh
#13 of 48 Old 07-18-2008, 08:26 AM

Hi Everyone,

I'm loving the full moon, too. It was so clear here last night; I wish the heat and humidity would go down.

I felt strange yesterday late afternoon and evening - not myself at all. Granted it was 90+ degrees and humid all day yesterday, so I suppose I could have been pooped on account of that. But instinct says not so. And my dog kept staring deeply at me...completely bizarre I know, but it made me wonder if she sensed something.

It seems I lost my mp this morning and have had cramping with some ctx for most of the night. Could this be it? Very possibly. I had a short talk with the baby last night and told him/her that we're ready and it's okay to come now.

Debating whether or not I should go grocery shopping. Probably better to stay here and rest; I wouldn't want to create a scene at Trader Joes. If things slow down, maybe we'll go to a movie instead.

Enjoy the day today, everybody! I can't wait to read birthing stories tonight/tomorrow. I know there are going to be at least a few!!!

mom to DD and one on the way, wife since 1997 to a great guy

#14 of 48 Old 07-18-2008, 08:56 AM

42 weeks 2 days here and hoping that the full moon will trigger something.

Have a good day everyone.

April, wife to Scott, mother to Lily (07/23/08) and furbaby Bella (6/21/04), and expecting baby #2 in February 2012. 

#15 of 48 Old 07-18-2008, 09:12 AM

rootsandwings - I hope you're either mooing at the sunlight or holding your babe right now!

aprilsfools - you get my vote for labor vibes today!

Ruby - yeah it could be leading up to it. But, then won't you want your home stocked with food? If you have someone to go with, I'd go grocery shopping.

Kidzaplenty - I am SO ready for you to have that baby! Probably not even 5% as much as you, though!!!! Aren't you looking forward to giving birth so you can stay in bed for a few days... even if you do have a newborn to take care of!

Okaaaaay.... I got a great gift today! : Bloody show! : I had some yesterday & now today it's definitely around! Now, I *do* realize this could mean a baby sometime soon or sometime later... but goodness, I'll take any "impending labor" sign at this point!

Update:
Contracting? Oh, my gosh, YES YES YES. I woke up SHOCKED I was still pregnant today.
Crowning? No.
Labor? Nada.

#16 of 48 Old 07-18-2008, 09:47 AM

38+2 (or 39 depending on who you ask)
Good luck to those in labour! How bout that full moon vibe!!
Ctrx last night, lots of dishcarge this a.m. and I think baby is lower - my back is really achy and pelvis and my belly button is pointing down! LOL
I have to have this baby before DH starts a big stretch of nights on Monday or he will be useless to me!
I see my doc today at 11 a.m. - I think I am gonna ask for a check - I have had so many ctrx and discharge - surely it must be doing something! (And if not for sure I will be disappointed but at least then I will know not to get so excited everytime I have a ctrx! LOL)

Jenn (36), wife to DH for 13 years, DD1(13) , DD2(10) and DS(4)

#17 of 48 Old 07-18-2008, 10:10 AM

I feel odd today, but am still here. One due date says I'm 39 weeks, but the one I go by has me in the mid 38th week. I have a slight headache - not enough to take a Tylenol - and my tummy feels weird. I had lots of loose stool yesterday, followed by an enormous amount of gas...so much it is funny! I think I am convincing myself today can't be the day because timing just isn't great for various reasons. I must not be fed up enough yet, so I will keep going. He is moving great, and other than these oddities, I feel great. So, who knows!

Lots of labor vibes to those of you contracting - may those be productive and useful contractions!!!

Mommy to 6 year old dd and almost 2 year old ds, working to become happy every day and healthy along the way!
#18 of 48 Old 07-18-2008, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HulaJenn View Post
I see my doc today at 11 a.m. - I think I am gonna ask for a check - I have had so many ctrx and discharge - surely it must be doing something! (And if not for sure I will be disappointed but at least then I will know not to get so excited everytime I have a ctrx! LOL)
I've been checking myself. And, after what like 3 months of regular ctx I had nada! No change! But, only recently after my marathon contracting over the last 3 days have I felt an actual change.

I like to think it's all just preparing us, whether or not our cervix tells the tale... our bodies & babies do.

So, I hope you DO get whatever information you want and yet if you don't, it doesn't mean nothing's happening with the ctx.

#19 of 48 Old 07-18-2008, 10:32 AM

39 weeks today. Last weekend, I was having SO many pre-labor symptoms, but all week, nothing. It's like I am 30 weeks again! Yesterday, I had a great day, just playing vacation. Slept in, went on a hike!-that's how 'not pregnant' I feel, out to dinner....Today, I am determined to do the same, and not focus on when I am going to get to hold our little boy...so we'll see what I can get into. Maybe a movie? it's hot here. Each day's a new day!!!!
Best of luck to all of the soon-to-be full moon mommies and babies, it was beautiful here last night!
#20 of 48 Old 07-18-2008, 10:32 AM

mhaddon - sounds like a rough way to start the morning. *hugs* I hope some extra rest has you feeling a little better.

Sleeping was difficult last night, was up about 5 times between 11pm and 3am and finally drifted off into sleep but had some crazy dreams.

Today is going to super hot, near 100-degrees, and I really wanted to get out of the house. But don't think we'll be going anywhere other than trying to stay cool here at home.

Karen happily partnered mother of 3 beautiful girls (teen/toddler/newborn).
#21 of 48 Old 07-18-2008, 11:12 AM - Thread Starter

after a long night's sleep for me, i'm feeling much better. no more ctx for the time being, but we all know how quickly all that can change. i've got a MW appt at 1:30pm today, although i expect it to be rather standard. i had a very very very short one on wed too, just to check babe's heart tones and my BP (both were excellent), so i imagine today will be rather quick as well.

has anyone else been craving carby foods lately? normally i try to get some good protein in at every meal, but in the past week or so, i just want more carbs. maybe it's instinctual carbo-loading or something, kinda like how athletes carbo-load before big events. i dunno what it is, but i think i've had potato something with dinner every single night and cereal for breakfast every morning for a week straight now!
#22 of 48 Old 07-18-2008, 11:46 AM

40w4d today. I ate super spicey red curry thai tofu for dinner last night, I mean, HOT. I like things 1*, this was 4*. I ate the whole thing, drank about a 1/2 gallon of RRL, took my EPO and had a few contractions and some heartburn and nothing.
I don't have anything going on, no discharge, no MP. Boo. Just crampy, like menstrual cramps, but that's it.

I'm hungry again. I'm always hungry. I wish I had a maid who would go make me some homemade waffles with tons of syrup and butter. Yummm..... and a big mimosa and some raspberries..... drool....

Michelle ~
Mama to ~ Finnegan(10/06) ~ Samuel (7/08) ~ Henry (2/11) ~ He's here! joy.gif Baxter (11/12)

#23 of 48 Old 07-18-2008, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pazerific View Post
has anyone else been craving carby foods lately? normally i try to get some good protein in at every meal, but in the past week or so, i just want more carbs. maybe it's instinctual carbo-loading or something, kinda like how athletes carbo-load before big events. i dunno what it is, but i think i've had potato something with dinner every single night and cereal for breakfast every morning for a week straight now!
I'm glad to know it isn't just me coping with this at the moment! It's really like I can't possibly get enough carbs. I eat a ton of them with every meal (and sometimes a granola bar in between!), but it's just never enough!

I wondered the same thing about instinctual carbo-loading...

#24 of 48 Old 07-18-2008, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spark View Post
... I got a great gift today! : Bloody show! ...
Bloody show is a nice sign. Of course, I had 5 days of it before I got to "real" labour but at least it was something new after all the aimless contractions, .

Quote:
Originally Posted by pazerific View Post
...has anyone else been craving carby foods lately? normally i try to get some good protein in at every meal, but in the past week or so, i just want more carbs. maybe it's instinctual carbo-loading or something, kinda like how athletes carbo-load before big events...
That is what I experienced the last week of pregnancy. I don't eat a lot of carbs and I never crave them, but I suddenly needed pasta and bread desperately. There are various books that mention carb-loading in preparation for labour and birth.
#25 of 48 Old 07-18-2008, 12:22 PM

still here, still contracting away...
#26 of 48 Old 07-18-2008, 12:35 PM

Oooh Spark and DawnaRose, hoping today is your babies birthdays!

Pazerific, yep, I'm TOTALLY carb loading and craving. Which is odd, since I haven't been for the whole pregnancy until now...hmmm.

Last night had more menstrual cramp type feelings from the evening and even all night when I was waking up to pee (like 5x), combined with the strongest BH ctx yet. I'm hoping my body is prepping, even if it takes a few weeks!

Babybel 8/5/08. Growing her sister: ***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**40*
#27 of 48 Old 07-18-2008, 12:47 PM

It seems like their is less and less of us each day...

Ok now I'm hungry. I always crave carb, but now want some protein. However, at dinner if their aren't enough carbs I do not get full at all.

I'm doing better now after some sleep. I have an acupuncture appt today at 3pm so we will see if this helps anything along. I am crampy right now, but not contracting. I am taking the boys to a parade right afterwards so maybe my body will know it isn't a good time and do something

Spark & DawnaRose I hope you go into real labor soon!!
#28 of 48 Old 07-18-2008, 12:49 PM

still pregnant, still contracting...baby has turned from op to loa though! woohoo!
that moon was beautiful through my girl's bedroom window last night. hoping it helps things along.

Jenny (27) partner to Michael (28) mama to Zoe (8) Selene (4) Garvin (2) and baby Gwendolyn (born 14 Jan 2011)
#29 of 48 Old 07-18-2008, 12:58 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Still preggers here too... Dh fell asleep before we could DTD last night and I didn't sleep... the heartburn last night sucked. And we're almost out of water, so unless I go get more (and I can't fill the big jugs) then I have to wait til DH gets home...

But I am crampy and it's pretty painful... I would just like a baby before the end of the weekend lol it's not asking too much.

I'm not answering my mom's calls again today... I will not answer them. She works today and tomorrow anyways but not until like 3-11 but at least she can only call for so long. I just feel like sending my dad an email for her. "Yes I will talk to you about what you want to talk about, however you need to respect that I can't do it right now. I need to focus on baby. Please understand." but she didn't get it when I told her the other day... *sigh*

DD got up early too so just as I was going to get some sleep I was rudely awake:

She's happy playing, I'm going back to lay down.

Mom to two beautiful girls and  ****5****10****15****20****25****30********40**

Come check out MDC's Updated User Agreement  
#30 of 48 Old 07-18-2008, 01:12 PM

Had my appointment yesterday with the nurse practitioner that I just love to pieces. I haven't gained any weight and my BP was good (120/70) and the baby's HB was 148, I haven't dilated any further and I am measuring 36 weeks (I'll be 38 on Saturday - I've been measuring 2 weeks behind this whole time due to the fluids being low...). We chatted about a few things (including the fact that I am still throwing up every morning and she gave me a new prescription.) and then when she was feeling my tummy for where Ashley was, I said, "She's still breech, isn't she?" She said, "I am pretty sure she is, so let's go get Linda (the u/s tech) and get a quick peek." So we waited a few minutes for her to finish up with someone else and we headed in. Sure enough, she is NOT head down! Oh no! not MY child! She is COMPLETELY TRANSVERSE! Her head is smack dab on the right side and her bum smack dab on the left side! *sigh* So they checked to make sure there was enough fluid to even DO a version. Well, there were a few pockets, but Michelle (the NP) wasn't sure if it was enough to do the version, so she said that she would talk to me dr about it and then call me back. Well, my dr had left to go to the hospital to deliver a baby, so she said it would be a couple of hours before I heard back. Well, by 2:30 she called and said that Dr B was still at the hospital, so she had talked it over with Dr. Messer (the other doc in the practice who ended up delivering Calvin) so that I wouldn't be on pins and needles waiting. Dr Messer said that yes, there was enough fluid, but only because she is transverse and basically "halfway there". So, Michelle asked me if I had been plan on an epidural and I told her yes. She said good. They were working to coordinate the doctor's schedules and the hospital schedule and if Ashley doesn't decide to flip down and come on her own by Tuesday, then they are going to have me come in, get my epidural, do the version once that kicks in and then induce me if the version doesn't kick me into labor (which I guess a lot of times it does.) so that we don't have to worry about her turning back once they get her down. Of course, she did inform me that there is a risk that she would still try to flip back up while I'm laboring requiring a c-section or that doing the version might put her in fetal distress, also resulting in a c, but I am okay with that. I'm not going to be hung up on the fact that I might not get to have her vaginally. As long as she gets here safely and we are both healthy, then by all means, do what cha gotta do to get her here! (The reason they are doing this now instead of waiting things out or waiting until I am past due is because my fluid levels are looking like they are going back down again and they want to get her here before it goes down any more.

So, if she doesn't turn on her own and come before Tuesday, that's my day! I am feeling a LOT less stress knowing that I have a "goal date" now and that she will be coming then and I don't have to freak out over her low fluids! I just have to keep a watch on her movements so that they don't slow down, etc. If they do, then I'm to go right to the hospital and they will do the version then and get me going, etc.

I've been doing everything on spinningbabies to get this LO to turn on her own so I don't have to get that version and hopefully once she's head down she'll hurry and come on her own!!!!!

Wife to Kevin (8-1-98)
: Proud Momma to Katelyn (4-02), Calvin (4-06), and Ashley (7-08) :

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page