My mother... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-18-2008, 03:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Has me SO ticked off that I don't know whether to hit something, scream or just sit here and BAWL!!!!!

In case you haven't read the daily yet, here's my update there... http://www.mothering.com/discussions...=933674&page=2

Now, onto the update and rant....

My doctor's office called and they weren't able to coordinate the schedules for Tuesday, so it looks like it's gonna be on Monday at 9! I have to be there an hour and half early (have NO idea WHY! LOL) so I have to find someone to watch the kids at 6:45 am so that I can get there on time!

And my MOTHER!!!!!! !! OH CAN SOMEONE SMACK HER????????? ???????? When I called her, the first words out of her mouth were "So who's going to watch the kids so that I can be there?" I told her I didn't know since it was so early and that I had just found out and called Kevin then her and I hadn't talked to anyone else. She said, "Well, can't Jinger watch them?" (That's my DH's cousin) I told her I doubted it since her kids start school that day (they have modified year round in their district) and I wouldn't want to add to her first day of school stress! Then I said, if worst comes to wrost, you can watch them until Jack (my FIL) can get there. She said, "Well, it would be best if he could watch them the whole time so I can be there." By this point I am fuming! I tell her, "Mom! I haven't talked to anyone yet! I don't know WHAT is going to go on!" So she tells me that I don't have to raise my voice to her! OH MY CRAP!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!! !!! It is getting to where I don't want her there at all! (The only reason I DO is I need someone there to take pictures! LOL) I told her that I didn't want anyone but the medical team and Kevin there for the version part anyway, so what did it matter if Jack couldn't get there until 9? I mean, REALLY! The proceedure isn't until 9 and then they will start the pitocin. So WHY again can't she watch them for a bit??? SHE certanily doesn't need to be there at 7:30!!! Besides that, I know of NO baby that come the instant that pitocin is started! It could be HOURS until she arrives! Does she REALLY need to be there the whole freaking time I'm laboring?????? She was on her other line when I called, so I didn't get the chance to ASK her this. She said she would call me back later. I am getting SO annyoed with her that I can't hardly stand it! I mean, WHAT makes her think she's entitled to be there? Because she was there the last 2 times? It would be SO much less stress on me if she would just watch them for me! I swear I am almost WANTING this to all turn into a c-section jsut so that I don't have to deal with it all and her being in the room! Is that just plain evil, or what????? I mean, I'm almost preferring major surgery and giving up my vaginal birth just so I can have a tad bit of peace! That is just so sad!

I wish I just had the nerve to tell her to freaking back off and keep my kids and shut the crap up, but I just can't do that. I'm not that agressive!!

AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRGGGGG GGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH HHHHHHHHH! !!!!!!!!! Someone help me, PLEASE????????????????

Wife to Kevin (8-1-98)
: Proud Momma to Katelyn (4-02), Calvin (4-06), and Ashley (7-08) :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2008, 03:34 PM

Awww. to you. I think you should just say what you need to say to her then. Being pg has given me more assertiveness and if soemthing this important is almost making you contemplate major surgery I'd say put her in her place. It's not like you are doing it to be mean. Like maybe reminding her that the baby won't be born within minutes like you said and that it would really help in the whole scheme of things if she could watch the kids for that period of time? If need be and you have to tell her in a more assertive way then so be it. She will get over it. (well not that I know your mom....but most mom's would once they see that new grandchild!)
Good luck!

Jenn (36), wife to DH for 13 years, DD1(13) , DD2(10) and DS(4)

Old 07-18-2008, 04:13 PM

Yikes. She seems really bossy. I might tell her to come at the time you will feel comfortable at, and that maybe you can call her from the hospital. Let her know, that if she truly is wanting to HELP you and not just being there selfishly, she can watch your kids so you can be more relaxed.

If you want, I'll call her for you.... LOL.... I'm in a super snarky mood today.

Michelle, Mama to ~ F (10/06) ~ S (7/08) ~ H (2/11) ~ B (11/12)
Expecting a surprise (5/15)
Old 07-18-2008, 04:15 PM

I agree with the pp. You could always try phrasing it to her in a way that explained to her that for you, knowing your other children are well taken care of (even until FIL comes if I"m following your story correctly) would really help relax you and make you calm about the upcoming work of labor - in short, that you'd appreciate having her at the birth more, knowing it wasn't a struggle to have your other kids taken care of.

And take a deep breath.

Baby wearing Mamma to DS, dealing with all his allergies....and thriving w/another little bundle due in Early Feb

User Tag List