Does this happen to anyone else? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 07-18-2008, 08:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wondering if this happens to anyone else and if there are any tips on dealing with it....I'm getting these AWFUL charlie horse cramps in my hips - they seem to start in my hip joint/the side of my groin. They are so bad I buckle which makes me worried that I might fall down the stairs or something sometimes I almost dropped the cat today when I suddenly got one - and it was like the 4th or 5th one today. I usually get them on one side predominantly while the other side just does a partial charlie horse.

I'm hydrated, take cal/mag and walk/stretch I've in general noticed more cramps lately, even in my legs - any tips?

Also, why the hips? Is it just the pressure of the baby? The baby is really low and has been the whole time but these really suck because they make sitting and getting up even more uncomfortable.

Baby wearing Mamma to DS, dealing with all his allergies....and thriving w/another little bundle due in Early Feb
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 07-18-2008, 08:59 PM

I got that when I started pushing (or, when my uterus did- I had nothing to do with it )- went all the way down the outer side of my hip, thigh, and calf. I chalked it up to the baby coming down and my pelvis being somewhat out of alignment, but that's just a guess...
#3 of 7 Old 07-18-2008, 09:13 PM - Thread Starter

Yeah that kind of cramp sounds like what is happening but I'm not having my baby...hmmm

The alignment thing could be it, I'm sure I"m not perfectly balanced after having this large baby in me, especially since he lays on the left side.I'm just going to sit on my birth ball and bounce for awhile that might help relax things - it's so frustrating this evening I'm getting them any time I get up and move around.

Baby wearing Mamma to DS, dealing with all his allergies....and thriving w/another little bundle due in Early Feb
#4 of 7 Old 07-18-2008, 11:37 PM

That happened to me more right before my 2nd DD was born. Woke me up at 3am, then contractions REALLY started in a few hours. :

(I'm due in December - sorry to interfere - I'm just feeling the need to read birth stories today!)

Mama to 3 girls 12,8,3
#5 of 7 Old 07-19-2008, 02:51 AM

Something similar happened to me too, in the last week before I went into labour, and it happened during labour. I don't think I had alignment issues, because I had been seeing a chiropractor regularly, but maybe the baby's position contributed.
#6 of 7 Old 07-19-2008, 12:08 PM

Sounds like what I get after laying on one side for too long. Mine is more on the outside of my hip versus close to the groin. I've gotten them off and on since my 2nd trimester. They are awful, sometimes waking me up and making me moan in pain. I, too, tried cal/mag to help as well as a myriad of pillow configurations, sleeping postures, etc. It's a drag. Sorry you're dealing with them too.

mom to DD and one on the way, wife since 1997 to a great guy

#7 of 7 Old 07-19-2008, 12:13 PM - Thread Starter

I'm just going to chalk it up to hope I'll be having my baby soon - actually it's a fact we'll all have our babies soon, it's simply a matter of when...

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page