daily 7/19 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 27 Old 07-19-2008, 02:31 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
morning

---

maybe there's something to the full moon after all.

I'm up with contractions that I'm pretty sure are real this time - they we're too uncomfortable to stay in bed for. Having some bloody show too, woohoo. Just sent dh back to bed as he's looking rather dead -- wish I was trying to get some sleep instead of being awake, but it is what it is. but I'll be ooooh so disappointed if this isn't it.

Karen happily partnered mother of 3 beautiful girls (teen/toddler/newborn).
#2 of 27 Old 07-19-2008, 03:23 AM

Well, so far the full moon has done nothing with me.

Baby suddenly had that "I want out" tempertantrum last night, where it felt like Baby was trying to claw it's way through my belly button! So much movement from such a little thing, in such a short time. Then suddenly the cx began.

And they lasted ten full hours of EVERY two minutes. Nice and strong, some boardering on quite painful. All "real" cx not b/h. Only to fizzle off and leave me to feel exhausted, frustrated, tired, and very sore!

I really want to scream! I think Baby is scared of my four year old son! The cx began to stall when my DS came and jumped on me, and then snuggled up and fell asleep at my side. A very cute picture we made, but now I just want to cry as I keep thinking I could possibly have been holding my baby by now!

Oh well! Another day, another hope for a baby. And today is my nineteenth anniversary! That means that nineteen years ago I made the best decision of my life and married my Love! And perhaps I will birthe a "fruit" from that love today!

I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY do hope so!

Any misspellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional;
they are placed there for the amusement of those who like to point them out.
#3 of 27 Old 07-19-2008, 03:41 AM

xixstar, I hope this is it for you!

Jenny, wow.
How frustrating I hope you are holding your baby soon, I can't imagine how frustrated that must be!

Nothing much here at all. Kids with their dad for the weekend, me & dh home on the internet, doing laundry, etc. This is our last weekend of just us time before the baby is here, for certain, too bad I'm not feeling anything bordering on amorous or snuggly Poor dh. I haven't even been able to stand sleeping in bed with him. The only one who's been nice to sleep next to is ds2. ds1 wanted to sleep with me last night, and of course I let him when he wants to, but GAH, SO uncomfortable, he takes up more of the bed than dh does.

It's just hard cause we have a full sized bed right now. I'm not sure how we're going to work co-sleeping (mainly me, baby, and I would hope dh, but I don't think that will work). I really don't want to lose the aspect of me & dh's space, too, cause I don't want it to never come back.

For purely selfish reasons I am ok with, I don't want to co-sleep forever. I want to transition this baby into a crib around 6 months for the first part of the night at least. This is super important to me this time, as transitioning to a bed with the older ones became a very unpleasant struggle after I had met my limit on constant co-sleeping. (I think they were each around 3.5/4 before they would have anything to do with their own beds at all, I was SO DONE by that point, mostly it was about the extended nursing, I think)

And I DO want to make sure that our space stays our space for me & dh. I didn't do that with my ex, and I know it really negatively impacted our relationship, along with never having us time, which will also take a priority for me & dh. (Date night will be happening for us at least once a month!!)

Anyway, I guess I'm just rambling

I wish I would just have this baby already, but I'm still 8 days from edd, so fat chance. Oh well, I want all the laundry to be caught up first anyway.
#4 of 27 Old 07-19-2008, 04:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidzaplenty View Post
...I think Baby is scared of my four year old son! The cx began to stall when my DS came and jumped on me, and then snuggled up and fell asleep at my side...
Hey, that might not be your imagination... my labour would stall in the same way every time my son came near me - did not help that he kept screaming, "No, stop!" randomly each time. Labour never established for good until I sent him to spend the afternoon and night with some cousins. The one thing that I had not prepared for was having to send my son away for a few hours in order to give birth.
#5 of 27 Old 07-19-2008, 04:39 AM - Thread Starter

still up, still contracting, dh only got like 10 more minutes of sleep before I decided that I needed his attention. but have been wondering about Spark... she's been awfully quite since yesterday morning....

Jenny, hope things pick back up for you and keep going! It is frustrating to have things going for so long and then just stop.

#6 of 27 Old 07-19-2008, 06:07 AM

Good morning. I'm awake b/c I can't stop itching I'm going to take a shower and go back to bed. No contractions just some cramping and it has only picked up b/c I'm awake... Blah.
#7 of 27 Old 07-19-2008, 07:34 AM

I woke up at 3:45 am with a shot of adrenaline. I couldn't fall back asleep like I normally so very easily because DH was breathing all over me....I hate that.

Then DD#1 woke up at 4:50am all excited because it is her best friend's 4th b-day party today, so now I am up, tired, hungry and DH feels like this is a good day to sleep in and not help me.

I am trying not to get crabby, but I can feel it creeping in. At least this daily thread is my pregnancy haven since this has become a everything about baby club instead of a bunch of pregnant ladies...don't know why that is bothering me either

Oh yeah, only 2 more days until my appt where I learn my inducing fate. I am 39W tomorrow.
#8 of 27 Old 07-19-2008, 08:05 AM

42 weeks 3 days and I am still here and still pregnant.

I ate more spicy food last night and all it did was make for a very uncomfortable night of acid reflux and heartburn...and then lead to a crying session around 1 am (which actually felt pretty good). At this point I have tried everything but castor oil and am considering asking my MW about that tomorrow when she is here. On the other side I am considering stopping from doing anything and just waiting- but that would be almost impossible as I am very much a type A personality.

My MW stopped by for a short visit yesterday to do a quick NST. It was really cool and everything looks good with the baby. I have lots of fluid and she doesn't think babe is too big and even had some room left.

Happy Saturday ladies!

April, wife to Scott, mother to Lily (07/23/08) and furbaby Bella (6/21/04), and expecting baby #2 in February 2012. 

#9 of 27 Old 07-19-2008, 08:12 AM

aprilsfools - I'm 42 +1 so hard isn't it? I'm facing induction next week (Weds or Thurs) if baby doesn't come before then. I've tried just about everything as well except castor oil...but I'm getting to the point where I'm considering it!

Saw my MW today and she said that baby has gone from a nice position into a really awkward one typical...I've been told to spend the day on all fours...

I hope our babies come soon!
#10 of 27 Old 07-19-2008, 09:04 AM

39w 5d
Lots of tightening last night, enough to get my hopes up but nothing this morning. My hips are aching like crazy. I had a dr's appt yesterday and everything is fine. She's not even worried about my hugely swollen feet. The babe flipped over; she was facing right and now left.
Hope this is a highly productive baby weekend, especially all you Mommas past 41-42 weeks!!
#11 of 27 Old 07-19-2008, 09:31 AM

xixstar - we're in a similar boat. I lost my mp yesterday a.m. then had pretty consistent ctx while watching Juno last night (pretty funny, huh?). Got up around 3am with ctx every 20 min or so, intense, rapid baby movement and some show. Got another couple hours sleep and the ctx have now slowed and are less intense.

I sent dh to work (as much as he was conflicted) thinking things will likely not pick up until later and I don't want the pressure of hanging around waiting. I'm hoping this is the real deal - after reading so many stories of days and day sof this, I'm a little skeptical, but I have always said the baby would come around the 18th.

kidzaplenty - sorry to hear your frustration. It's going to happen! Hang in there.

I'm going to talk to the baby today and sleep as much as I can. Stay cool everyone and try to enjoy the day.

mom to DD and one on the way, wife since 1997 to a great guy

#12 of 27 Old 07-19-2008, 10:21 AM

Well no full moon baby here. i really thought the cramping yesterday was gonna bring on something, but i went to my kid's ukrainian camp concert and cam home and had the best sleep ever! WEnt to bed at 10:30 and just got up now at 8 a.m.! My pee was so dark from not getting up to pee or drink last night! LOL (sorry tmi!)
I didn't eat supper last night either- cuz I wasn't feeling well with the cramps,so i am surprised I am not super starving? So that's new.
Kids have their ukrainian camp windup this morning - we get to go to the pool. Yay. The water will feel nice anyway. Anyone know if we're okay to sit in a hot tub?
ELV to the ones that need it and have a good day everyone.

Jenn (36), wife to DH for 13 years, DD1(13) , DD2(10) and DS(4)

#13 of 27 Old 07-19-2008, 10:27 AM

I'll bet Spark is crowning!!!! Hope the rest of you guys will soon be in the same boat.
39w1d here.
Hard to believe I have 6 days to my DD. Who woulda thought it? Now, hopefully I won't join the 42 weeker club! But I'm not seeing too many signs she's at all ready to come out yet, except more BH contractions.
*sigh*

Lucky wife to DH and mom to DS (10/02) and sweet DD (7/08) and DSD (3/93) and assorted animalia
#14 of 27 Old 07-19-2008, 10:35 AM

also 39 weeks 1 day. nothing last night, except i couldnt sleep well- my body was restful, but i was mentally 'awake' all night. it was really strange. something hormone-related, no doubt.

it is so exciting to visit this forum each day and see who gave birth!

Hi, I'm Tabitha. I'm a homeschooling mother of four: ds (11) dd (9) ds (7) ds (5) And I'm expecting a fifth in 2014! Find me at http://www.omelay.blogspot.com
#15 of 27 Old 07-19-2008, 10:45 AM

Aprilfools and Emma76 - sending you both labour vibes and don't-gestate-as-long-as-I-did vibes. I also had to spend a good amount of time on all fours the last days; my baby's head was engaged but the rest of the body was oddly diagonal, even when I was almost completely dilated.
#16 of 27 Old 07-19-2008, 10:58 AM

Not feeling good today, but not because of the baby - well indirectly. I hope those of you in limbo crown and have those babies real soon!! A friend had hers last night and I could not be happier for her. She was a week and 1/2 overdue per her due date and was getting nervous that baby would never come. I still have a week and 1/2 to my due date, and I'm not sure I'm going to make it...going to post with needed help in another post.

Mommy to 6 year old dd and almost 2 year old ds, working to become happy every day and healthy along the way!
#17 of 27 Old 07-19-2008, 11:12 AM

Good luck, xixstar! ELV!!

Jenny - How frustrating! I hope you DO end up with an anniversary baby! How FUN!

Hmmmmm..... Spark HAS been quiet, hasn't she??

As for me - the full moon did nothing! Baby is still transverse (Which REALLY hurts when she attempts to stretch, let me tell ya! LOL) and I am still dealing with the morning sickness! ICK!

Wife to Kevin (8-1-98)
: Proud Momma to Katelyn (4-02), Calvin (4-06), and Ashley (7-08) :
#18 of 27 Old 07-19-2008, 11:14 AM

sending lots of ELVs to everyone getting close. i hope this is it for you xixstar, and i have to agree, spark must be having or have had that LO! : for both of you!

nothing too exciting here today. i'm 41wks now. it's kinda funny when ppl ask when i'm due and i reply in a very nonchalant manner, "oh, last week." it's strange to think that sort of response wouldn't have been soooo surprising once upon a time. now people look at me like i've grown 3 heads or something!
#19 of 27 Old 07-19-2008, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pazerific View Post
i'm 41wks now. it's kinda funny when ppl ask when i'm due and i reply in a very nonchalant manner, "oh, last week." it's strange to think that sort of response wouldn't have been soooo surprising once upon a time. now people look at me like i've grown 3 heads or something!
I can relate - they look at you as if they should roll up their sleeves and prepare to catch the baby. I've also had people look as if it is irresponsible for me to be away from home and doing anything... I find that a little irritating.

mom to DD and one on the way, wife since 1997 to a great guy

#20 of 27 Old 07-19-2008, 01:36 PM

We were really hoping for a full moon baby last night, but no go. Today again is another day of feeling crampy and off and on strong contractions, but very IRREGULAR. This morning my lower back is really hurting, so maybe something more is happening today?

ELV to those that are going into labor, and Jenny hope you have an anniversary baby today.
#21 of 27 Old 07-19-2008, 01:52 PM

Hmmm.... finnaginsmom hasn't been on since last night Hope she's holding her baby too!

Sigh, guess I get to look forward to going to the fair tonight w/ DH and the boys.
#22 of 27 Old 07-19-2008, 02:36 PM

kidzaplenty: ugh! I think we all want you to have that baby! I hope your ds calms down a little! I think my ds was scaring the baby too the other day, throwing a huge screaming fit.

emily: you crack me up! where do all these moms with the babies come from, huh? why can't they just leave us pregnant girls alone?:

I was another fool of the moon, hoping there was something going on, feeling all sorts of wierd sensations and trying to make them into something other than just plain wierd.

I'm still trying to get my girl to leave her head in my pelvis, and she sneaks it out every time. I feel like I can't do anything anymore. I want to finish cleaning the house, but I just look at it.

I guess I'm just trying to believe that everything is fine and relax, but I'm having a hard time doing that!

i hope you ladies contracting squish some babies out! send us some of your juju!
#23 of 27 Old 07-19-2008, 03:20 PM - Thread Starter

cause I'm trying to pass time, an update....

I'm at a loss for whats going on -- I'm having real labor contractions, no doubt about it -- tons and tons of bloody show and some just out right blood and ouch they hurt. But they're not getting any more or less. And, if I get up and move around, they totally back off to every 15-25 minutes. If I stay lying in bed, they are 6-10 apart but very hard to deal with.

After they tapered off lots this morning, I finally agreed to go to the farmers market with dh. We tried walking around our yard to get things moving again, but it's hot and boring. The farmers market was no cooler (upper 90s today) but it did get things going again --- oh and an even better response to "when are you due" is "I'm in labor now.." -- that gets some serious looks.

On top of everything, everytime I talk to my mw or doula, everything totally stops for at least 30 minutes. How frustrating.

Well, I finally cut out some postpartum cloth pads and dd is cutting out the rest for me, so I'm gonna go get those sewn up while I continue to wait. Then we'll honestly have absolutely everything ready for this birth -- maybe thats holding me up a bit? I don't know.

#24 of 27 Old 07-19-2008, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhaddon View Post
Hmmm.... finnaginsmom hasn't been on since last night Hope she's holding her baby too!

Sigh, guess I get to look forward to going to the fair tonight w/ DH and the boys.
I wish! I'm here. Busy this morning, shopping and groceries and back out for stuff to clean the food pantry with because, I saw an ANT yesterday which means I need to basically autoclave everything in the kitchen because I don't do well with bugs. Contractions, boring and I am ignoring them. Nothing else, I got my hair trimmed and a pedicure though this morning, so if I ever go into labor I won't look like such a hobo. 40w5d....:

Michelle, Mama to ~ F (10/06) ~ S (7/08) ~ H (2/11) ~ B (11/12)
Expecting a surprise (5/15)
#25 of 27 Old 07-19-2008, 05:47 PM

the August babies are coming. Sigh.
I did buy some witch hazel today and put about 3 tbsp on some pads and put in the freezer (does that sound like about the right amount?). Now the kids are officially done their camp activity for the summer and now all we do is sit and wait. Hopefully the weather is cooperative so we can go to the beach instead of hanging out at home for the next 2 weeks!

Jenn (36), wife to DH for 13 years, DD1(13) , DD2(10) and DS(4)

#26 of 27 Old 07-19-2008, 06:04 PM

I'm still here, on one hand feeling left out b/c I too have an insider instead of an outsider, but on the other, I'm only 38w2d so with lots of mamas more than 40 I feel I have nothing to say...

I love reading all the birth stories though and seeing the pics.

...sigh...all I think I have to do to be ready is pick a name...dh won't help. ah well, I'm sure we'll figure it out at some point.

WOHM married to SAHD, living the dream w/our: 3 girls (14,12,10) and 3 boys (7,5,3) and tie-breaker due Jan 2014

#27 of 27 Old 07-19-2008, 06:30 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Here, and as long as I'm sitting I don't even know I'm preggers... 40w4d today.

When I stand the only reason I know is because my back hurts in that my tummy is too big.

Every so often I'm hit with a contraction and think ok now go somewhere... nope... Dh wants to know what I do to make the babies NOT want to come out.

What happens if my body just DOESN'T go into labour. Ok I know I have a couple weeks and such but : This weekend would have just been so nice

Alrighty off to think about if I want to try futile attempts to start contractions or if I'm content just waiting it out cuz that's obviously what my body needs to do

Mom to two beautiful girls and  ****5****10****15****20****25****30****35******

Come check out MDC's Updated User Agreement  

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page