"I'm still pregnant" roll call - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-22-2008, 07:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Come on out, I know I'm not the only one left...

Bubba (9) bikenew.gifLukey (5) jog.gif  Fat Baby (2) babyf.gif  Me faint.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2008, 07:12 PM

I'm still here!

No signs of anything happening anytime soon either...
Old 07-22-2008, 07:18 PM

me.

Hi, I'm Tabitha. I'm a homeschooling mother of four: ds (11) dd (9) ds (7) ds (5) And I'm expecting a fifth in 2014! Find me at http://www.omelay.blogspot.com
Old 07-22-2008, 07:20 PM

I'm still here--not due until next week so I'm not surprised.

Come ponder with me about food!
Old 07-22-2008, 07:26 PM

I'm here. I just over tired. I have too many ctx, too many false alarms. I know, nobody is pregnant forever, but I just don't want to feel this discomfort forever.

Mama of and , partners.gif with  Love
Old 07-22-2008, 07:38 PM

Here!

EDD is the 30th, so might still be here for a while yet.

Luckily, my body is "getting ready" apparently I'm 1.5 cm and 70% effaced as of yesterday....so maybe I won't have an August baby?

Babybel 8/5/08. Growing her sister: ***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**40*
Old 07-22-2008, 07:44 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Present! EDD this Friday-- 3 days!

Lucky wife to DH and mom to DS (10/02) and sweet DD (7/08) and DSD (3/93) and assorted animalia
Old 07-22-2008, 07:52 PM

I'm the 31st, same thing, no signs of anything. Just started my EPO regimen last night b/c both my sisters are coming from far away and will be here next weekend...I'd like them to be able to meet baby and they both leave on 8/2 so though that wouldn't be much overdue, it'd sure be a bummer!

WOHM married to SAHD, living the dream w/our: 3 girls (14,12,10) and 3 boys (7,5,3) and tie-breaker due Jan 2014

Old 07-22-2008, 08:05 PM

Only 10 days overdue here!
Old 07-22-2008, 08:09 PM

I'm here and I am officially the most pregnant I have ever been! I had DD 14 days before my edd and my DS 13 days before. I am now 12 days before my edd... I know that I still have time, but after yesterday's disappointment, all the issues with this pregnancy, etc., I have to say that I am downright depressed. And I am nervous as all get out that I"m gonna end up having this baby tomorrow - the one day I don't wanna have her on! My sister had a still born son (39 w 5d gestation) on July 23rd 7 years ago. I just think it would be bad to have her on that day (especially since my sister and I have a SERIOUSLY rocky relationship! She is a control freak that has always thought that I was out to upstage her or come out better than her - whatever THAT'S all about because I could care less!)

Anyway, I am just worried that this child is gonna slip back transverse before I have her - it won't be the first time she's moved! And I am worried about her fluids and everything. (Not to mention that my sister DID have the stillbirth and they never did determine a cause...) I am just a big ol' depressed basket case!

Wife to Kevin (8-1-98)
: Proud Momma to Katelyn (4-02), Calvin (4-06), and Ashley (7-08) :
Old 07-22-2008, 08:13 PM

Me! Still pregnant and hopeful everyday, until I go to bed and wake up AGAIN just having to pee a lot. I can't imagine being any more sore and uncomfortable today and it did not help that the people at Target thought I looked 'little' today - tell that to the doctor who said I have LGA!

Baby wearing Mamma to DS, dealing with all his allergies....and thriving w/another little bundle due in Early Feb
Old 07-22-2008, 08:31 PM

Present! Due 1 week from today (29th)...we're hoping we'll stay put until at least the edd! Sounds weird, but I'm actually hoping to be overdue! My stepmom is flying in on my edd...and my brother and sil are coming the next day...and it would be sooo nice if everyone can be here! We shall see...I might need to start standing on my head with legs crossed! Yesterday, my pubic bone was soooo sore...and I was having bhx every time I stood up! Today, the pubic bone is still sore, but bhx are so regular...Keep your fingers crossed...I'll keep my legs crossed!!! My 1st dd was 2 days overdue...but only because I did drink castor oil to 'help her out' before my hospital induction that was scheduled for the next day...So we're hoping for a similar deal this time!
Old 07-22-2008, 08:38 PM

Still here too. EDD in three days.
Old 07-22-2008, 08:53 PM

still here. edd is 26th...

Kerri....I just wanted to give you some 's ... that sounds like a hard place to be in. Hopefully everything works out for the best for you and no bad family blood ruins your experience. Just try and maintain your joy through it all...you're going to have a beautiful little baby soon!!

Personally...Im due in three days and I know its common for first timers to go long...but everyone has been telling me "any day now" for two weeks and I'm tired! Im 3cm, 70% efaced...cramping, nauscious and trying everthing I know to get labor going naturally. I haven't tried EPO or Castor Oil...I'll only consider that if I'm running late....

I just can't imagine being in this uncomfortable for another 2 weeks....

patience is a hard thing to come by when you're miserable.
Old 07-22-2008, 09:04 PM

I'm here, 5 days over. I'm just so done.
Old 07-22-2008, 09:16 PM

I'm here too....

2 days over... insane lower back pain!

Mom to Ds1 (8 1/2) Ds2 (6) Dd (2 1/2)!!!!
Old 07-22-2008, 09:36 PM

Count me here.
I have a few EDD's so I am really usure which one to go by. The earliest is 3 days from now (u/s), then the one I think most accurate is the 30th (using ovulation date) and then using LMP it would be August 3rd! But with the pre-action the last 2 weeks and baby dropping Friday, I am really hoping i don't have to be this miserable for 2 more weeks (props to those mamas overdue!).
Everyday I wake up with a little extra sign that gives me more hope but doesn't bring on the labour.
Like today i took absolutely NO heartburn meds (this is a person who wakes up choking on vomit and needs zantac throughout the day as well!) so I figure baby is low enough he is giving my esophagus a break! LOL Plus I had a "gush" of discharge (plug?). Maybe tomorrow I will wake up with a baby?? :-)

Jenn (36), wife to DH for 13 years, DD1(13) , DD2(10) and DS(4)

Old 07-22-2008, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erica57401 View Post
I haven't tried EPO or Castor Oil...I'll only consider that if I'm running late.....
FWIW EPO won't really bring on labor (like castor oil or a cohosh might) - it really just serves to soften/ripen the cervix. That's why I'm using it myself, just a little something to help soften everything up down there so that when my body/baby are ready, everything will hopefully be nice and loose, LOL.

Big hugs to the overdue and/or miserable mamas. I have some pelvic pain and a little crampiness (and now a summer cold, bleh) but it's all live-able. I'm so blessed not having to deal with pro-dromal labor and the like...

WOHM married to SAHD, living the dream w/our: 3 girls (14,12,10) and 3 boys (7,5,3) and tie-breaker due Jan 2014

Old 07-22-2008, 10:24 PM

I'm here. My due date is tomorrow, or the 25th depending on who you ask.

I'm having a lot of sporadic contractions. Just uncomfortable, not painful. But, they are anywhere from 7 minutes apart every now and again, to disappearing for a good 20 - 30 minutes before starting up again. Perhaps we're on to something, perhaps not.

~heather

heather - wife to my wonderful husband , mama to Brenten William 12/29/06, and Devin Findley 10/20/09
Old 07-22-2008, 10:46 PM

Me me me! I'm due the 25th/28th/30th depending on who you ask...so I might be here awhile.

Mommy to 6 year old dd and almost 2 year old ds, working to become happy every day and healthy along the way!
Old 07-23-2008, 12:07 AM

40 weeks 4 days here, tomorrow will hail the point of my longest gestation.... (ds1- 40w 4d ds2- 39 w 4 d) I'm feeling fine though, although now I know DH was right- this baby is a Leo
Old 07-23-2008, 02:26 AM

I am now 39 wks and 4 days. I am sooo ready to have this baby. Whenever I go to the grocery store all I hear is this chorus of "You haven't had that baby yet?" Today the deli lady actually told me to go home and force my husband to dtd. What an odd state pregnancy is- it encourages random strangers to bring up topics they never would ordinarily.

H
Old 07-23-2008, 04:17 AM

I'm here. Due date is the 26th...possibly the 29th.

Blissed out mama to 3 beautiful boys love.gif LIFE IS GOOD! thumb.gif

Old 07-23-2008, 04:33 AM

I'm here too.
My EDD is tomorrow or on 26, depending on who you ask.
Old 07-23-2008, 04:57 AM

here.
Old 07-23-2008, 10:17 AM
hyz

Here. I'm only 39w1d though, so no complaints. I'm hoping for a due date baby, or at least something before 41 weeks. Any earlier than that and I won't get all my work done that I'm trying to finish, any later and I'm going to start getting serious induction pressure from my OB, since US said this baby is greater than 90th percentile for size. No GD or anything else wrong, just one big honkin' baby. I'm not worried.

Mom to sweet DD 8/08, and adorable DS 10/20/10
Old 07-23-2008, 10:18 AM

Today is my EDD. I'm so ready to meet my new baby.
Old 07-23-2008, 10:35 AM

Still pregnant! 39w1d. I am so ready for this to be over. I have been trying to think about enjoying these last weeks but it is just seeming to last forever! My dd was born on her edd so maybe it'll just be another due date baby, which isn't that far off. I am just getting really annoyed with people and don't want to leave the house or even answer my phone! EVERYONE that comes in at work is like "you haven't had that baby yet?" or "wow! You're about to pop, aren't you?" Well yes I am! And I would LOVE to have this baby right now but it's not up to me so stop asking me when it's going to happen!

Divorced mama to baby girl (7/5/06) and baby boy (8/5/08) Into anything fun and creative!
Old 07-23-2008, 01:45 PM

39 Weeks and 2 days today...and my exciting news is that half an hour ago UPS delivered our new bed! Right now it's in three boxes, so DH and I will have to put it together tonight.

Why is this soooo exciting??

1. Because we have been sleeping on a mattress on the floor for 4 months!! Makes getting out of bed even harder.

2. Because now we will be sleeping much closer to the height of the co-sleeper that the baby will be using.

Yesterday I started thinking that with all the strange and interesting pains and sensations I've been feeling in strange and interesting places, I might not recognize early labor ("real contractions") when I have them. For the last few weeks I've had tightening across the top of the uterus, which I often don't notice, and from time to time I've had menstrual-crampy type feelings down low. In the last week or so I've had those small sharp needle kind of feelings around the cervix and vaginal area. And also some other sensations that are hard to describe...pressure on the pelvic floor from the baby maybe?

My midwives try to avoid vaginal exams, so I haven't been checked for effacement or dilation, which feels fine by me at this point. I started taking EPO (1300mg orally) yesterday. Next Tuesday (assuming I'm still preggo), my acupuncturist will start doing labor induction points. I can't imagine DTD at this point, but may start trying some...ahem...self-stimulation of various body parts....over the weekend.

I have no problem going to 41 weeks or a bit more, but if I get to 42 weeks then I lose my Birth Center birth.

Teacher until birth of DS (7-27-08)blowkiss.gifand now DD (10-17-11)femalesling.GIF:, now SAHM, wife to my wonderful hard-working DH.   cd.gifnocirc.gifselectivevax.gif

Old 07-23-2008, 09:54 PM

Count me in. My EDD is Tuesday the 29th.

User Tag List