Just feeling down.... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 07-29-2008, 03:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Dh is going for his V on Thursday and eventhough I feel "done" I just feel an overall sadness that this chapter in my life will be closing. It hurts a little to know that I will never have a life growing inside me again and to know that I will never give birth again (although I don't think I would be to excited to have to push out a 10lber with an almost 15 inch head and chest again! ).

I know we are done, I just feel like we are complete....but I just can't shake this sadness. I am trying to get rid of all the memories from the pregnancy and birth goes as far as maternity clothes and all the left over birth supplies, I think this may help...I hope. It just makes me sad to see them.

Am I the only one....is it hormones? Sorry and thanks to anyone who listened and read my ranting and moaning. It's nice to have a safe and understanding place to share this with.
#2 of 7 Old 07-29-2008, 04:28 PM

Awww.... I do know how ya feel!

I swore I was done after DD2. I just didn't think I could handle another pregnancy with morning sickness like I had with her. We kept putting off scheduling the V and wouldn't ya know, when DD1 went to school, it hit me! Got baby fever again! Funny thing is, I'm still not too sure we're done. There's been a lot of talk of a 4th during this pregnancy.

I worry I'll never really feel done. 4 is really all I can handle though, so either this one or the next one will be our last. I also feel the same sadness when I think about never doing it again. We got started so early, I feel like there are so many years left and we're already ready to close this chapter of our lives.

I'm sure it must be a mix of both, the hormones and just a natural feeling of sadness that it's over.

I have to tell myself that there are many wonderful things that wait down the road!

You're doing better than me! I have yet to be able to part with any maternity/baby clothes from any of my kids. (other than those that were too worn and got tossed)
#3 of 7 Old 07-29-2008, 05:21 PM

I am also "done" but cant bear to think about undergoing anything as final as a tubal or v..yet. We are gonna stick to birth control for a while. I am sure the hormones are not helping you deal with anything right now. I cant look at my belly cast without getting choked up. Like Mom2Lex&Cay said I think we just need to focus on all the awesome things we have coming to us in the future.
#4 of 7 Old 07-29-2008, 07:06 PM

Oh, I'm sad too. This pregnancy was an oops, and to be honest at this age the pregnancy was not really fun for me but now that I have my precious newborn, I would totally do it all again. I am so in love with my baby (and my big kids too) that the thought of never getting to experience it again is very sad. I'm sure that we are designed/created to feel this way...otherwise how would the human population continue? Anyway, dh hasn't brought up the v word yet but I'm sure it's not long before he does. I'm sure I will cry a river that day. You are not alone.
#5 of 7 Old 07-29-2008, 11:30 PM

Oh, I'm so there with you on this one.
Dh is planning to get his V in the next 6 months or so. We just had our 4th baby, and feel like we're done. I wanted him to get his V done now rather than later and told him it would be sooo bad if we got pg with a 5th! He smiled, and said it would be okay! I would absolutely LOVE for it to be okay, and would likely plan on getting pregnant after this newest one turns one year old, but it's really not okay. We live paycheck to paycheck, and can't really afford more kids. I also get very little to no support at home. I've chosen to homeschool the kids, and although we're able to get some lessons in every day, the housework is suffering, and I'm stretched pretty thin with everything I've got on my plate. I'm really at my limit.
I love being pregnant and the anticipation of giving birth. I love all the attention my newborn is getting by strangers when we're out and about. I love getting to know her as a person and spending time with her. I will really miss this stage in my life, and it does make me sad to know that I will never again feel a new life growing inside of me. I have not been able to get rid of any pregnancy stuff yet, and imagine that will be a process. I suppose I should just focus all my energy on the four children I've been blessed with.

Good Luck to you!

Mom of 4
#6 of 7 Old 07-30-2008, 01:34 PM

I'm feeling pretty sad about it too, although we haven't totally decided about it. It's been more than 3 months since Quinn was extracted and I still haven't put away/given away my maternity clothes. Part of that was living in crisis mode for so long. But part of it is this wish that maybe someday I'll get pregnant again and have what Quinn and I were cheated out of, a peaceful pregnancy and a great birth. I'll keep dreaming, because for now, I'm overwhelmed with my three. Here's to all of us healing.
#7 of 7 Old 07-30-2008, 01:52 PM

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page