Post Partum Consitpation? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-31-2008, 05:14 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
I think my bowel was compressed during birth. I was in a lot of pain right after the birth in that area and my midwife thought I had tore (nope) it was just really sore... My babe was born with a 14 inch head that didn't mold and a nuchal hand My first PP BM was great but it's just gone downhill... I'm managing one or two BM a day but for the last couple days it's been so hard to do them and I'm in so much crampy pain I'd rather go through labour again. Not kidding.

Midwife knows and I thought it was over yesterday until tonite... So I've eaten a big bowl of bran, downed a bunch of water today... but silly me was also feeling tired and didn't even think and took an iron pill last night or this morning? I can't remember...

I really hope this goes away soon... I'll keep eating the bran and I don't mine the cereal But I just want this GONE!

Mom to two beautiful girls and  ****5****10****15****20****25****30****35******

Come check out MDC's Updated User Agreement  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2008, 01:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
You might try taking a large dose of a cal/mag supplement, or a stool softener.

Be the change you want to see in the world. - Gandhi
Old 07-31-2008, 02:26 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Right there with ya. Nathan is almost 4 weeks old and I've had those hard, painful stools since he was about a week old. (The castor oil kept things cleared out for a good three days post-partum.) Lots of fiber and greens help somewhat, but I still deal with it a lot. My little guy's head was also 14", no nuchal hand but he came out at Mach 4. (That reminds me, I still haven't posted my birth story!! ) I'd never thought about actually having some injury or trauma to the bowel, but it makes sense that there'd be some shock or something.

)O(   Far-away Mama to: Pooka (16)...Alex (14)...Mickie-Lamb (13)...Solo Mama to: Punkin' Seed (8)...Tootsie Pop (6)...Lil' Man (3) and a yikes2.gif due February 2012

~~~~ribbonpurple.gifDV Survivor/Fibroribbonpurple.gif~~~~ 

4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32**heartbeat.gif36***40

User Tag List