Swings - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 08-01-2008, 12:59 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So we basically have no baby gear....my breasts, a few slings/carriers, car seats, and a double stroller we haven't used because we're just not there yet, and that's it. We have a rocking chair, but it's downstairs and I haven't been venturing there unless I'm leaving the house and have to go down.

But I know the boys like swinging and rocking, and I know we need some gear. I've never looked at swings and don't know how to evaluate them. Are they all pretty much the same? Is there a particular kind to avoid? Anyone have one of those Baby Bargains books or a swing you really, really like?

We're getting one; I just don't know what one to look for or if it really matters. They seem very different than the swings in use when I was a babysitting teen...
#2 of 5 Old 08-01-2008, 01:38 AM

I have the travel bobby swing which detects babies weight when turning it on and also has a timer and music. i register for it for my shower and got it but i do remember it was $60 at babies r us or a little cheaper at target. sydnee is 3 weeks and spends most of the day napping in it instead of her bed. its also real easy to move around since it is able to fold and pretty light weight.

Momma Morgan to Addison (3), Sydnee (1), Kimber 4/18/2010,and one angel 7-2009
#3 of 5 Old 08-01-2008, 09:10 AM

naking....
I second the travel boppy swing. Just got it this week, we also have a fisher price cradle swing. The boppy swing is nice b/c baby actually lays down, makes them feel cuddled. I got mine from walmart online.

Jess,mama to Brycenangel2.gif , Elijah, Jonaah and Josiah
#4 of 5 Old 08-01-2008, 12:52 PM

We just went yesterday and got the fisher price rocker/glider thing. It is super supportive and glides (rocks) in either direction and plays music. We haven't used the music much. She slept so well in it yesterday. I was actually thinking about laying her down in it now...
#5 of 5 Old 08-01-2008, 03:03 PM

We have the Fisher Price Rainforest swing. It was the only one I could find that has a plug-in option (it also runs on batteries). It was a little more expensive (about $130 at BRU, but that is Canadian), but I figure we would make up for it by not having to buy batteries all the time. It takes like 6 D-cells, so that would add up fast.

Wife to DH (06/10) and Mummy to DD (07/08).

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page