Daily 8/1 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 08-01-2008, 09:46 AM - Thread Starter
hyz

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Guess I'm first today? Or the rest of you are off having your babies?

After my little rant yesterday about the OB threatening induction, DH and I planned a night of labor inducing activities. It started with a marathon walk with the dogs. That's pretty much where it ended, too. We were so tired and hot and sticky after the walk that we came in and passed out. lol. So much for the pineapple binge, nipple stim, dtd, and other things on the list.

Walking definitely causes frequent ctx, but they're pretty painless, except for the fact that by the end of the walk I feel like I've done about 500 sit-ups--just tired in the middle. Nothing else I do even seems to cause BH, much less "real" ctx. I was very patient, not antsy at all to have this baby, until the induction threat yesterday (she wants to do it next weekend), but now the fact that labor just really doesn't feel imminent is making me worry....

But I have a light day of work planned today, lunch with a friend, and then another night of labor inducing activities scheduled with DH (and maybe we'll take it easier on the walking this time so that we actually get to the rest of the list!)--so, a nice day. A nice day for a birthday, too (hint, hint, baby ).

Mom to sweet DD 8/08, and adorable DS 10/20/10
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 08-01-2008, 10:46 AM

Well, I guess some of us officially made it to August. Happy second due date hyz!

I had some tightening sensations last night, like my BH, which I had every 10 min since the acupuncture treatment. But, alas, I went to sleep and woke up with nothing. I actually feel SOOO good I just don't know what to think.

I have another followup acupuncture today to up it another notch to see where it goes. It really has made me feel better all over, so if all it does is help me feel good to endure labor, then it is worth it. I need to call my mw to see what she wants me to do beyond this. She mentioned how she really wanted ds to be born this week. Not sure if that is because she has so many early August due dates or something else

Mommy to 6 year old dd and almost 2 year old ds, working to become happy every day and healthy along the way!
#3 of 9 Old 08-01-2008, 10:53 AM

I always said I never wanted to be pregnant in August and I guess that's come back to haunt me...Still waiting and thinking about getting some more acupuncture. I went once this week but when I was going to make more appointments because I've heard you should go a few times in a row usually, the acupuncturist tells me she's leaving for vacation that day!

I think I can be patient today, and really what choice do I have.

I was getting ctxs regularily from about the time I hit 37 weeks (I'm 40w4 days by the latest due date), had a few rounds of timeable somewhat painful ctxs but they always went away when I went to bed. NOW I feel like I have no ctxs! Seriously I went to acupunture at 40w1day and that was the first day I had no real ctxs - I might get a few randomly but that's it - is my body regressing?!?!

Baby wearing Mamma to DS, dealing with all his allergies....and thriving w/another little bundle due in Early Feb
#4 of 9 Old 08-01-2008, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madiesmommy View Post
Well, I guess some of us officially made it to August. Happy second due date hyz!

I had some tightening sensations last night, like my BH, which I had every 10 min since the acupuncture treatment. But, alas, I went to sleep and woke up with nothing. I actually feel SOOO good I just don't know what to think.

I have another followup acupuncture today to up it another notch to see where it goes. It really has made me feel better all over, so if all it does is help me feel good to endure labor, then it is worth it. I need to call my mw to see what she wants me to do beyond this. She mentioned how she really wanted ds to be born this week. Not sure if that is because she has so many early August due dates or something else
I though, I wrote this... It's exactly what is going in on around here.

Mama of and , partners.gif with  Love
#5 of 9 Old 08-01-2008, 11:31 AM - Thread Starter
hyz

Ahh, I'm not alone! So quiet, it was starting to feel lonely around here... Well, I hope the big day comes soon for all of us.

About that second due date of mine--the story is that 7/29 is my EDD by LMP, and for some reason the OB just rounded it to 8/1 at my first appointment. I always kind of assumed she was doing it to give me an extra couple days at the end before I was officially "late", because she does have a good reputation for being a more "alternative" doctor. Well, yesterday it seemed like it was just a mistake when she said 8/1. She pulled out the wheel and was basing everything on the 7/29 date, which is the first time she's done that. I couldn't really complain, because I know that's the real date, but I still felt cheated. Sigh.

I've never had acupuncture before, but it sounds intriguing. Do you have to find someone particular to do the labor inducing type treatments, or should any decent practitioner know how to do that?

Mom to sweet DD 8/08, and adorable DS 10/20/10
#6 of 9 Old 08-01-2008, 12:49 PM

I got lucky that many people in my community use this one practice for pregnancy/woman/labor related issues and I got referred there by many people. From what I understand some are better at others at "labor preparedness" so I would ask if that is something they do a lot of. It is something they are all trained in, but some practictioners just do not do much of that kind of treatment.

The acupuncturist should also do their full initial meeting with you, as I did not realize how helping my digestion and sleep and my emotional points were as important as those that stimulate my uterus. I wish I had asked more about aggressiveness of treatment, as we started out least agressive and are working today to the most aggressive treatment she will give me. I understood it could take 2-3 appts to meet maximum effectiveness, especially since I've never had acupuncture before, and I would not have been as comfortable doing all the points that we did yesterday at my first appt - she did have to work me gradually up to more and more.

I highly recommend it - if all else fails I'm feeling good

Mommy to 6 year old dd and almost 2 year old ds, working to become happy every day and healthy along the way!
#7 of 9 Old 08-01-2008, 01:56 PM

I second the acupuncture if only because it makes you feel good - I felt soooo good after my appt and still feel pretty good although I have moments of mild despair that I may be an elephant.

I felt great after my appointment this week. I decided since my original acupuncturist went on vacation after one appt (which has slightly irritated me) I would call some more - turns out every body is on vacation starting this weekend/month! Found one who was recommended by my doula who can fit me in next week T, W & Th.

Hopefully I'm not still pregnant then.

Baby wearing Mamma to DS, dealing with all his allergies....and thriving w/another little bundle due in Early Feb
#8 of 9 Old 08-01-2008, 02:02 PM

hi everybody!

My dp is a chiropractor and an acupuncturist, so I get treatments pretty much whenever I want. I do like acupuncture very much, although I find that it's very emotionally challenging for me sometimes. I know there are some practitioners that do more labor stim than others (and he does not), but he's done several patterns on me for labor or pregnancy related treatments that he looked up in his books. In my limited understanding, acupuncture points are the same...it's just the pattern of how the needles go in that change the treatment, so I feel totally fine about being treated by dp, even though pregnancy isn't really his thing. Oh, and I agree with pp that its a good idea to not start out with a really agressive treatment...even 7 or 8 needles can be a lot to experience the first time around...20 or more is something entirely different!

Well, I'm still pregnant. 39w tomorrow. I know, I know. But I was realizing that I have been prepared mentally to give birth since week 27, when my ds2 was born...so it's been 3 months since I started anticipating birth.

what can I say? I give up! I've never been this pregnant before. I have never felt my baby's movements slow down because it's getting late in the pregnancy. It's all new to me, and quite frankly, feeling scary. I'm taking passion flower to calm myself down.
#9 of 9 Old 08-01-2008, 02:28 PM

Still here also, was really hoping not to make it to August, but I guess lo has her own ideas. Today is my other due date. My cycles are typically 35 days versus 28 days, so based on 28 days my EDD was last friday the 25th, but based on a 35 day cycle today is my EDD.

My midwife and I were going off the 7/25 because all ultrasounds were giving a date of 7/21-7/23, but I guess maybe she was waiting for today? I can only hope. I am getting tired of the calls, and the comments. UGH.

Last night I started having some different feeling contractions. Not whole tightening, but more like they started in my back and worked their way around and I just felt really crampy, but none ever went into a full blown contraction. I was really hoping they would kick up if I tried to sleep and I would get woken up, but alas here I am.

Today I dont have alot planned, just take my daughter shopping for a birthday party sleepover she has tonight, and to clean the house (AGAIN). Maybe do a little bit of work on the computer and hope baby decides to come tonight.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page