late July and/or post due date mommas support thread - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-05-2008, 05:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi all. Just getting around to posting. Looks like I haven't missed much. I was up with contractions last night for 3+ hours, nothing today. I'm 39+3, which puts me three weeks later than my latest born baby. maybe we're holding out for triple 8's...I guess I can make it that far. My due date is actually the 9th. I just still can't believe it. Still on the "uh oh, big baby train" but I'm trying to get over it. Meanwhile, I am getting a lot of work done.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2008, 06:06 PM
RBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madiesmommy View Post
Kris, if you are having ctx in any kind of pattern, and you are ready to try it, I'd do the castor oil. My gut says that I'd be like RBM...I'd try it, get miserable, and still not have a baby!! I don't know what ds is waiting for, but I'd be willing to buy it, steal it, make it, or poop it, if it would get him here!!
Castor oil is actually the one thing I haven't tried! I really really really hate having the runs, and the idea of going into labour with a sore, chapped bum from having the runs is just SO unappealing.

If I get to 42w though, I would likely consider it.
Old 08-05-2008, 06:52 PM

Thats my fear. Like I said I am only going to try it if my cervix has started doing something, anything. I have had a few nights of consistent contractions and yesterday I had a few sporadic doozies. No bloody show or anything. I am going to wait till my dh gets off work at 7 if the midwife gives me the ok and just take 2 teaspoons instead of four just to see.
Old 08-05-2008, 07:47 PM

ok midwife just left. i am 50 percent effaced and barely a 1. but i have a tendency to have contractions for quite some time before i get fully effaced and start dialating so she said to go ahead and take a nap and try the castor oil. if no labor tonight I am going to see her chiro and see if he can't help.
Old 08-05-2008, 08:41 PM

Hey ladies,

Just dropping in from August to post some support.

Hang in there, mamas! We're rooting for you.

I know you'll have your beautiful babies soon.

Warmest wishes,

nk
Old 08-05-2008, 09:12 PM

Still lurking and catching a glimpse of what my life may be like come the beginning of September. Hoping it happens quickly for the remaining few!
Old 08-05-2008, 09:42 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBM View Post
Castor oil is actually the one thing I haven't tried! I really really really hate having the runs, and the idea of going into labour with a sore, chapped bum from having the runs is just SO unappealing.

If I get to 42w though, I would likely consider it.
These are my feelings exactly. That and I have a hemorrhoid which is well under the control, that I fear will rage its ugly head if I try castor oil... I don't know why my gut says trying something won't work right now, maybe I have to get close to 42 weeks too to get the guts to try something. I have stuff already, castor oil, homeopathic black and blue cohosh, but I'm too chicken to try them right now knowing they might not work.

Oh well, there is always tomorrow to change my mind. And I think if I'm going to try anything I'd go for the 8/8/08 birthday. Our anniversary is 8/9 so I'd like his bday on a separate day so we can have our day to celebrate too :

Mommy to 6 year old dd and almost 2 year old ds, working to become happy every day and healthy along the way!
Old 08-06-2008, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris4chloe View Post
ok midwife just left. i am 50 percent effaced and barely a 1...
That's what I was on my 42w2d visit, after I had been having "real" contraction patterns for 10 days. Fortunately my midwife didn't tell me, so that I would not feel discouraged, . The contractions kept up enough forthe baby to come within three days.
Old 08-06-2008, 12:29 PM

I figure I might as well hold out for Friday, too. It's just very hard for me to consider what circumstance i would do the castor oil under. There's just nothing that sounds okay about that.

I keep hoping that having an orgasm will bring it on, oxytocin for mine, prostaglandin for his....but no. We dtd (can I say how much I hate that term?) lasst night, and baby was moving around SOOO much...I could feel her head moving through my pubic bone (a very strange sensation). And later, I was certain that I had sprung a water leak and would wake up in full blown labor....but no.

Well, today is 8/6/08. That's just two more days, right?
Old 08-06-2008, 12:50 PM - Thread Starter

I can't get hubby to DTD. He says it is too weird. We tried and he can't perform...I wish he would open up to the idea. And yes, I know I can do the other way for his pleasure, but I gag on my prenatal, much less his output

Been having ctx this morning 10 min apart. They are not strong. I am going to try to go about my day and see if they get stronger or stay. I'm still not ready to take anything to make them stronger though...just sort of want to do this on my own. I'll be here a while!

Mommy to 6 year old dd and almost 2 year old ds, working to become happy every day and healthy along the way!
Old 08-06-2008, 01:36 PM

Opted out of the castor oil last night. Went online to read how much, what to mix with and got scared by some of the comments that it can cause baby to have a bowel movement in utero and then you have meconium issues etc. Apparently it passes to the baby since it is being ingested by mom.

Started having contractions pretty strong every 5-7 minutes, then they faded off after a few hours. Was awake till almost 4 couldn't sleep, but I think I was having contractions in my sleep because I remember dreaming about having contractions and being in labor.

Have had about 6 contractions in the last hour this morning so far and they are VERY low and I have lots of pressure, so now they just need to get closer together.

Have an appointment with the chiro at 10, maybe he can get things aligned and working properly.
Old 08-06-2008, 03:50 PM - Thread Starter

My ctx stopped, so kris I hope yours continue! My mw says it is an old wives tale that castor oil causes the meconium. Usually the moms that take it are post due date and there is a high probability of some meconium in the waters at that point, so it is unclear if it is caused by the castor oil. She said it is less than 25% of her moms that use castor oil that have meconium in the waters...do not be fearful of that side effect if you are ready to use it otherwise!!

Old 08-06-2008, 05:04 PM

go Kris, go Kris!

aw, sorry madiesmommy. I'm here with nada too.:
Old 08-06-2008, 05:18 PM

im still here, still contracting but they are like 8-10 minutes apart. But are VERY strong. The chiro was great, I had like four contractions on his table and the last one as I got off the table was a doozy. Going to eat a sandwich and then do some of the stretches he taught me. Apparently my ligament that holds up my uterus on one side is tight and he said that is making it so that uterus and baby are not quite lined up.

Heres hoping things get closer together and I have this baby tonight.
Old 08-06-2008, 10:02 PM - Thread Starter

Don't go without me kris! Of course, I'm having lots of contractions and now some bloody show. It could be days still for me, but hey, I'll hold down the fort

Old 08-06-2008, 11:47 PM

go girls,go! ::::
Old 08-07-2008, 01:23 PM

hello? am I the last one standing, then? any new babies?
Old 08-07-2008, 10:10 PM

Baby was born this morning at 3:40 am. Went pretty quick once active labor started, for me anyways.

Sorry praireo, baby will come for you soon.
Old 08-07-2008, 10:32 PM

I hope madiesmom's absence means there is a baby!!!

Jenn (36), wife to DH for 13 years, DD1(13) , DD2(10) and DS(4)

Old 08-07-2008, 10:37 PM
RBM

I'm still here.

Had a biophysical profile ultrasound today. Fluid levels are good, placenta is good, so I'm still holding out for labour.

I think I will try castor oil on Sunday. I agree with the idea that it's generally post-dates women who try it, hence the increased likelihood of meconium. My MW said at this point that it's pretty likely that there's already meconium anyway.

I called an acupuncture place to see if I can arrange an appointment for tomorrow - might not work, but hey, it's worth a try!

I've now tried the breast pump and pineapple. I was stoked (and marginally squicked out) get colustrum on the pump, but I didn't get any action otherwise.

Today, I'm having tons of cramping and some contractions, but they aren't super strong, so whiel I'm kinda casually timing them on contractionmaster, I'm not really thinking anything is happening.
Old 08-08-2008, 03:05 AM

Quote:
I'm still here.

Today, I'm having tons of cramping and some contractions, but they aren't super strong, so whiel I'm kinda casually timing them on contractionmaster, I'm not really thinking anything is happening.
Thats how I was for the last few days before I went into labor, so maybe soon.
Old 08-08-2008, 12:54 PM - Thread Starter

Baby was born yesterday. I'm going to go make a separate post. Sorry to be MIA!

Old 08-08-2008, 01:43 PM

Quote:
I'm still here.

Had a biophysical profile ultrasound today. Fluid levels are good, placenta is good, so I'm still holding out for labour.

I think I will try castor oil on Sunday. I agree with the idea that it's generally post-dates women who try it, hence the increased likelihood of meconium. My MW said at this point that it's pretty likely that there's already meconium anyway.

I called an acupuncture place to see if I can arrange an appointment for tomorrow - might not work, but hey, it's worth a try!

I've now tried the breast pump and pineapple. I was stoked (and marginally squicked out) get colustrum on the pump, but I didn't get any action otherwise.

I don't know if you are having another BPP but if so I wouldn't recommend doing castor oil. I did castor oil and even though I thought I stayed hydrated it caused my fluid level to drop from 10 to 4.8. Luckily my midwife let me take a couple of days to rehydrate and the fluid level got back up to like 8 but a lot of CNM's/OB's induce or c-section with anything under 5 (true low fluid is 2 and under). Just wanted to share that info with you

Jenna in love with my DH Jon, loving our 2.5 year old, Caroline Tulip, and expecting another little one in August!
Old 08-08-2008, 11:53 PM - Thread Starter

RBM - I hope you at least enjoy the acupuncture. I do believe it helped prepare my body for labor even though it did not start it.

prarieo - it has to be soon!!

User Tag List