late July and/or post due date mommas support thread - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-03-2008, 12:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
OK, our board has really slowed down, and it is getting to where I don't even really want to come visit. I know many of our early July mommas wend past their due date and understand some of our misery. I also know there are many of us left due at the end of July/early August who haven't had our babes yet and still need labor support, or lack of labor support, as opposed to post partum support.

I myself am either 41 + 2 or 40 + 4 (I think I'm counting right) and I am obesessing about every change in how I feel, bowel movement, mucous, every twinge... And my worry is I am loosing confidence in my ability to give birth to ds when it comes time, or if it will ever come without medical intervention. My mw is awesome, but as with most home birth mw's she is very hands off so I won't see her until tomorrow. She will not push me to try anything, but also is free to discuss it with me to try blue/black cohosh, castor oil, etc. DH and I were going to DTD last night but I felt sick and did not want to!

I know he can't stay in there forever, I can't stay pregnant forever, but will I be able to get him out given I have been told the whole time how big he is, and will I go into labor on my own at this point?? UGH!

I know I'm not alone, or the first to feel this way. Please chime in with how you feel and/or your words of support.

Mommy to 6 year old dd and almost 2 year old ds, working to become happy every day and healthy along the way!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2008, 01:43 PM

I'm with you! I don't answer the phone anymore. My doula emails me now because she's knows this and that everybody is calling to check in. Do our parents seriously think we're going to forget to call them when we have our first baby and their first g.child?? And everybody keeps asking me when I'm due!!

Going by my very latest possible due date still makes me 40 + 5 today. I'm feel like I'm in a vacuum or something where I wake up everyday with nothing new, I just try to ignore any thing going on that's not a baby coming out. I haven't lost my mp that I know of, no bloody show, ctxs have slowed waaay down. Yesterday I did have some ctxs for a couple of hours that were actually a little more intense (and I was watching the orgasmic birth movie) but they went away. Other than that, just a lot of pressure. Oh, and I've been feeling kind of sick - I have a headache and just kind of feel crummy.

Have a midwife appt on Tuesday when I'll be 41 w by the latest EDD. We're going by that so I get more time and I was really glad she did that even though a lot of signs pointed to a slightly earlier EDD (5 days) but I'm still worried we'll get to the place where I have to go to the doctor for NSTs and he'll tell me my baby is too big and I"ll get more stressed out. And my mom is coming in a week - I don't want her at our homebirth and she knows this, but I'd still feel bad if the baby hadn't come yet or we had to kick her out for the birth or something. I just don't want any body but DP, the midwife and the doula there. I'm officially starting to freak out about all the family coming to visit and the fact we have friends coming to stay with us mid-August until they get an apartment.

I have some acupuncture appts T, W &Th next week - maybe that will help? I've run out of the bulk RRL tea & EPO I bought and don't want to buy any more. Would it really do anything more?

Sorry this is a huge gripe!

What are your best tips for making the days go by?

Baby wearing Mamma to DS, dealing with all his allergies....and thriving w/another little bundle due in Early Feb
Old 08-03-2008, 01:52 PM

Me!

40 + 4 here. I have a mw appt. on Monday, so I'm wondering what, if anything has changed.

Last week I was 1.5 cm dilated, 75% effaced, soft...but it was the same the week before too.

No mucus changes. No bloody show. No MP. Tons of BH ctx, with increasing strength and low back achiness and menstrual feeling cramps. That's it. Oh, a bit of a "clearing the bowels" going on, but that happens with me all the time anyways, I didn't ever get constipated this pregnancy.

Having sex.

Taking EPO both vaginally at night and a few capsules during the day orally.

Drinking RRL tea.

Bouncing on the birth ball.

Feeling like I'm getting a titch depressed that she isn't here yet...that I'm waiting and waiting. DH is off work until the 13th too. If we don't have a baby soon, he has to go back then and I'll be alone with baby, no hubby. Sigh. He's tired of the waiting too.

Its the waiting and not being able to go very far (I live in the middle of nowhere, so anywhere non-local is a 3 hr drive or so) or do any of the fun stuff (like mountain biking, rafting) that we'd normally do that is getting to us. I mean, I can only go out to eat, go shopping, stoll around, and see a movie so many times.

I wish this little one would come and hang out with us, be a family now, when we can all hang together.

Trying to stay calm, focusing on opening, moving forward, letting baby flow...

But yeah, I'm with you on this is getting depressing...

Babybel 8/5/08. Growing her sister: ***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**40*
Old 08-03-2008, 02:22 PM

I can commiserate. I am 41w2d today or 40w2d if you go by a later due date that my midwife and I decided against.

Either way I am overdue and depressed. Yesterday was uneventful, very few cntx, and no other signs.

I am seriously starting to think my body is broke. My last baby was induced with pit so maybe it just doesn't know what to do on its own.

I know I can go longer and to be patient, but I dont want to.
Old 08-03-2008, 03:03 PM - Thread Starter

My last (and first) babe was induced too b/c of PIH. I asked my mw is it possible that I just need pitocin since my body was not allowed to do its thing last time. She assured me no... I just did not get to go through this stuff last time and since I've had a babe I am more prone and sensitive to my prodomal labor stuff.

Like last night I had pretty intense ctx for 3 hours 10 min apart. Went to bed, they stopped. I have had increase in clear mucous, I have had menstrual like cramps and back aches for days. I feel like ds is sitting on my hoo ha and my hemorrhoids...and will fall out any moment. And then I feel great the next minute like I'm not even preggers!

I personally have stopped talking to people because they always insist on telling me about people they know that lost their baby post date. I heard one of those stories last week and it has really stressed my brain. I am a fanatic about feeling ds move now, and I am worried about waking up and not feeling him move one day (what mother wouldn't be?!)

I knew I wasn't alone. I hope some of our early July mommas take time to post some tips, hints, help

Mommy to 6 year old dd and almost 2 year old ds, working to become happy every day and healthy along the way!
Old 08-03-2008, 03:19 PM

count me in. I'm officially 39w1d at this point, which I suppose would be okay if I didn't have a history of going WAY early. Yes, my pregnancy dream of full term has come true, but I am terrified by the size of this lump in my body and wondering how I will push it out. Trying to stay calm.

I'm taking passion flower and motherwort to chill out. I find them both to be very helpful.

I've done acupuncture, sex, brisk walks. nothing. I was on bed rest for so long to prevent me from going early. So, I put on some pounds where I don't really want them, and I am tired so easily now, I can't hardly move around....everything hurts. My feet are swollen. My hands are swollen. I have sciatic pain. I can't sleep at night. I'm afraid that my baby will get stuck in my pelvis and I will have a csection or she will die. This is supposed to be my dream birth...the one out of four that I can actually have a home birth for...when I planned for one every time. I grew a garden just to surround my birth tub, and fixed up the whole porch for this. My tub is still in the closet. Everything's ready and has been for weeks. Heck, I've been prepared to have a baby since week 27, just in case.

I mean, I have plenty to do,and on one hand, everything is fine. I've had some really good quality time with each one of my kids in this wait, I've gotten a ton of stuff done, and I still have plenty to do. I'm trying to finish quilting a queen size quilt for my teenager before he leaves home in two weeks. But the tension on the machine keeps getting messed up, and right now I have 3 sewing machines in my living room, and not sure if any of them work.

OK, I'm depressed too. I've decided to think of it like Ihave some really strange physical ailment that is going to go away in a while, no baby. But then, what is that thing moving in me?

arrrrrgggghhhh!

Fiber Lover, I go up your way all the time. I want to come visit you and buy some wool covers, if indeed it's true that you make them. Later, that is. Maybe in October....I'm assuming you're somewhere between here and LaVeta.

Hang in there mamas!
Old 08-03-2008, 04:28 PM

madiesmommy - I can't believe when people do that! This is my first baby so I just kind of look at them with disbelief that they would be so rude and inconsiderate to do that. I've been really worried about movement even though I think it turns out I don't need to be - he moves a lot except for when I think he's sleeping, but if you poke him he'll start to squirm as he wakes up.

I've been doing EPO orally since 36 weeks, and vaginally since 37 and now I'm all out - should I buy more? I kind of feel like any benefit my cervix has gotten is there already and won't go away if I stop taking it. Also have been walking a lot and DTD, but I don't really feel like DTD now, I just feel like my body is so occupied already and a primary motivator to DTD is to bring on labor.

My midwife hasn't been doing vaginal exams yet, so I don't know anything about my dilation or effacement - maybe she will on Tuesday? She's never even mentioned them - I wonder if it has something to do with me GBS +?

Baby wearing Mamma to DS, dealing with all his allergies....and thriving w/another little bundle due in Early Feb
Old 08-03-2008, 05:20 PM

mforbes,
it's probably because of the GBS that your midwife is holding off. Many just do, also. And it's not like the best indicator of anything. I've been stuckat 50% effaced 3-4 cm for a few weeks now.. big deal, no baby.
Old 08-03-2008, 05:35 PM

Just wanted to jump in with some hugs. I had my baby on the 15th but know what it is like to be left waiting and waiting. My kids have all been post dates, 41w 2d, 41w 3d, 40w 1d and 40w 6d respectively. I have taken to not telling people my duedate since I never have a baby by then. But it does happen eventually and all my kids have been healthy when delivery time came, no troubles breathing, no jaundice, just chubby perfect babies! It'll happen when the time is right, no woman is incapable of going into labor.

eta: sorry no tips on moving things along. I have tried everything and nothing brought me a baby in my arms. Just when I would feel the lowest and like I was going to be a beached whale forever, baby would make it's apperance.

Jessie (29) mom to Emma (2002), Anthony (2004), Elizabeth (2006) and Ava (2008) and someone new 2010
Old 08-03-2008, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madiesmommy View Post
I personally have stopped talking to people because they always insist on telling me about people they know that lost their baby post date. I heard one of those stories last week and it has really stressed my brain. I am a fanatic about feeling ds move now, and I am worried about waking up and not feeling him move one day (what mother wouldn't be?!)

I knew I wasn't alone. I hope some of our early July mommas take time to post some tips, hints, help

What kind of person tells someone who is overdue a story about a baby that died when they were overdue? Do they think that really helps anyone? :...some people:

Jessie (29) mom to Emma (2002), Anthony (2004), Elizabeth (2006) and Ava (2008) and someone new 2010
Old 08-03-2008, 07:22 PM

I had my baby on the 23rd- she was exactly 3 weeks late, so I KNOW how all of you feel.

My baby was perfect. I had a home water birth and during the entire 40 hours (including 3.5 hours of pushing) her heart rate never went down. She came out pink and screaming and got 10/10 on her APGARS. My placenta was perfect and although I tore a bit (she was almost 10 pounds LOL), I am recovering.

The pressure in the end from folks was almost unbearable, but I maintained my faith that she knew when she was ready to come (and also in my MW who was monitoring me twice a week after 41 weeks) and she did.

We did try some methods of induction, including black and blue cohosh and castor oil and they did nothing. If I had folded under the pressure and been induced at the hospital I would have most definitely ended up with a c-section- my body was just not ready till it was ready.

They always come out. Stay strong Mamas.

April, wife to Scott, mother to Lily (07/23/08) and furbaby Bella (6/21/04), and expecting baby #2 in February 2012. 

Old 08-03-2008, 07:29 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessiemom View Post
What kind of person tells someone who is overdue a story about a baby that died when they were overdue? Do they think that really helps anyone? :...some people:
Well, for starters - MY MIL. She is the worst offender on calling and being a pain in my ass. DH actually told her today that a watched pot always boils slower and to stop calling everyday...that we would call (1) if we need her (which is unlikely unless hell freezes over) or (2) when ds arrives and we are ready for them to come over. She didn't respond well to that, started throwing a guilt trip about not seeing dd in weeks (which is due to her schedule, not ours) and he just said whatever mom and hung up. He is so mad that she would tell me that story and that she is being like she is...selfish. She actually told me a week ago she had made her realtor schedule slower from the 28th to the 31st so I should try to have ds during that time. Like I am controlling this at this point

Sorry, needed to vent since this conversation just happened today. I'm fed up with her and wish we could move out of state overnight, before ds arrives!!

Old 08-04-2008, 01:42 AM
hyz

I'm just checking in to say I'm still here. I was really hoping for something to happen this weekend, but no luck. There's always tomorrow, right?

Mom to sweet DD 8/08, and adorable DS 10/20/10
Old 08-04-2008, 01:43 AM - Thread Starter

Hey hyz, I was just wondering about you reading HulaJenn's answer to my other post. Yes, there is always tomorrow, or the next day...or as my bff pointed out 08/08/08 is only 5 days away. I joked that ds was waiting until that perfect birthdate...I've learned not to joke knowing he can hear me

Old 08-04-2008, 04:44 AM

Just wanted to say that even if we're not posting as much, many of us are still reading - it just is harder to post and keep up. NAKing is harder then it sounds!

I'm proof that you can't stay pregnant forever and that the baby will come no matter how discouraged you get. I was at the end of my rope this time. Going by my first u/s date I was 12 days overdue, and by "my" date I was at least 9 days. But shes here now and worth the wait.

I wish you luck in getting things going and peace in the wait!

Cari bfinfant.gif Family Business Owner Married to my HS Sweet-Heart Michael photosmile2.gif
Mama to Bridgitt read.gif (12/99) Rheannon joy.gif (05/04) and Meridith energy.gif (07/08)

and Griffin baby.gif April 2, 2013

Old 08-04-2008, 10:21 AM
hyz

Checking in again this AM. It seems like we've stopped the daily threads--too depressing? I'm 40+6 today, and at least I've had a couple new developments. The BH ctx have started to feel a bit more uncomfortable, are a bit more frequent, and this morning I had a clump of dark red blood when I wiped, followed by a fair amount of brownish CM. So that's something. DH went to work, and I'm working from home, and trying to get some errands done--bill paying, etc., and I have two animals here that need to go to the vet (dog with apparently sore teeth, bunny with an eye infection), and I just know if I make them appointments I'll go into labor and have to cancel. So maybe I should hurry up and make those appointments?

ETA: Ok, now I've definitely had what I would describe as "bloody show" (big string of bloody mucus), followed later by two little gushes of clear/pinkish fluid enough to soak through two folded paper towels (no pads in the house...). Could it be?? And I didn't even get to make the vet appts yet! No steady ctx, though--I'll probably still make the appts.

Mom to sweet DD 8/08, and adorable DS 10/20/10
Old 08-04-2008, 10:59 AM

Hugs for you all! I've had all my babies late except baby 3 (3 days early) and this one (4 days early). It is SOOO hard going overdue! I am a very impatiant person as it is. I can't wait to come back and read all of your wonderful birth stories!! You are all in my thoughts!

Amy - Blessed wife to Jesse (the best dad in the world), mother of 10 on earth plus 8 in heaven.   PROUD to be a Catholic! : winner.jpg familybed2.gifhomeschool.gif

Old 08-04-2008, 11:49 AM

Well I am still here. 41w3d now by one due date or 40w3d by another.

Last night had cntrx every six minutes, not super strong, but strong enough to notice. Went for a walk after dinner but they didn't pick up in intensity or get closer together. I stayed up watching tv and timing until about midnight and fell asleep. No more cntrx while I was sleeping, or maybe they just were not strong enough to wake me up. Had a pretty restless sleep and have been up since just before 6.

Sitting here having the same sort of cntrx, maybe something is working its way? Going to call my midwife when it gets a little later, see what she thinks?

I have an nst and ultrasound scheduled for three today, really hope I can cancel it.
Old 08-04-2008, 11:57 AM - Thread Starter

I hope it is it for hyz and kris! I guess I really will be the last July due date momma standing - thank goodness some of you August mommas joined our DDC so I'm not alone!! I go to the mw in a few minutes to discuss where to go from here. I KNOW I want this baby out, but I also want to be patient...ugh, the decisions to make.

Old 08-04-2008, 01:11 PM

I'm still waiting, 40w 6 d today (or more, have another EDD of that would make me 5 days later)

Went for a walk this morning with DP and dog after a very suprisingly relaxing and great night last night just hanging out with DP and making dinner - came back from walk and had big glob of clear gelatinous stuff with blood in it, so we took a shower, DTD and now I'm bouncing on the birth ball.

Have acupuncture for tomorrow night and midwife tomorrow - maybe he's finally starting to come? Of course DP is just swamped with work now and has an important meeting with a new client tomorrow morning...

Old 08-04-2008, 01:22 PM

Hang in there ladies. It must be hard since so many mamas were due early in the month and have checked out. If it helps any, a good friend of mine was due this month too and went to 42 weeks exactly. Her mw tried to get her to agree to a hospital induction the night before the babe arrived, but the NST gave no indication of any reason to induce other than post dates. My friend stuck to what she felt was right and the next day went into labor naturally and had a great birth. Babe was a little big--9 lbs+--but everything was just fine. I was at 40 weeks, 4 days myself and was SO, SO ready, but I just tried to trust that the babe knew what was best for her and she did arrive when she was ready. It can't be long now mamas!
Old 08-04-2008, 01:55 PM

aw,shucks, madiesmomma, I woudn't bet on being last just yet. my son was flying in last night after two weeks away (I told him the baby would definitely be born before he got home). Well she wasn't. But some people thought she was waiting on brother. It was raining, his plane got diverted and delayed, and then I started having crampy leg pain and menstrual pain....babe moving and bumping my cervix...I thought, "ok, let's go! by the time they get back we'll be filling the pool". But no. I laid down to get some rest, and that was that.

Boo hoo!
Old 08-04-2008, 04:41 PM - Thread Starter

I saw my midwife today. She was very encouraging. Doesn't feel ds is too big, that he is long and just right. She said we would go with my gut feeling that if I tried anything it would be a bust - I'd feel miserable with no baby. DS has dropped another inch, I can't see how he'd be any lower without being outside my hooha Hanging on here!!

Old 08-04-2008, 11:37 PM

Just dropping in to say hello and know that we're cheering you on from the August DDC.
Old 08-05-2008, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by megsy View Post
Just dropping in to say hello and know that we're cheering you on from the August DDC.
:

Eyes are on you, ladies!

mama to Allison 8-18-08 and Ethan 1-24-11  heartbeat.gif

Old 08-05-2008, 03:21 PM

ok anyone still left here? or am i the only july hold out? LOL
Old 08-05-2008, 05:25 PM - Thread Starter

I'm still here...just haven't posted today. I can't believe I woke up another day without having woke up in the middle of night with labor ctx!! Oh well, not meant to be I guess. In fact, all the ctx of yesterday have stopped today. So has the intense pressure I was having, so I don't know what that means. I'm technically 41 weeks tomorrow from my latest due date (41 + 5 by my earliest) so I'm moving towards 42 weeks fast!!

Old 08-05-2008, 05:40 PM
RBM

I'm still here too (newbie that I am).

41w today and no signs of ANYTHING.

As most of you, I've tried all sorts of natural-ish induction methods - bouncing on the ball, walking (even wii hula hoop), RRL tea and tablets, caulophyllum, black cohosh, EPO (though my cervix is already soft and dilated, so I don't need this).

I think my MW and I will be talking artificial rupture of membranes soon. My body is ready to go....I'm just missing some contractions...

I just wanted to commiserate with you fine ladies. Being overdue sucks.:
Old 08-05-2008, 05:44 PM

My midwife and her new assistant will be here in about an hour to check to see if all these sporadic contractions have done anything to my cervix. If they have, castor oil here I come.
Old 08-05-2008, 05:47 PM - Thread Starter

Kris, if you are having ctx in any kind of pattern, and you are ready to try it, I'd do the castor oil. My gut says that I'd be like RBM...I'd try it, get miserable, and still not have a baby!! I don't know what ds is waiting for, but I'd be willing to buy it, steal it, make it, or poop it, if it would get him here!!

User Tag List