Mothering Forum banner

my first day alone

805 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  moonstruck 
#1 ·
today was my alone with my two sons after my hubby went back to work. a 2 year old and an almost 3 week old. on top of that i care take for my dad with dementia. i am proud that i can say that i had a good day. i made the choice to worry only about what really mattered and not to stress on the small stuff. in my head it could have gone terrible, but the 2 year old only had 1 temper tantrum and my dad didn't have a major anger outburst. the 3 week old was awake more than usual, but hey i got to see his eyes more than usual

anyways, what i thought was the impossible turned out to be possible yeah!!! let's hope tomorrow is that good too!

See less See more
#2 ·
glad things went well and hope it contiues that way. but also *hugs* in advance for the days that don't go so well too.

I was alone yesterday for the first time and dd seemed to pick that day to stay awake the entire day. Got some stuff done, not as much as I want, but I'm flexible and accept what I get.

#5 ·
It sounds like things went well!

My DH just went back to work on Monday too, so I was a bit nervous learning to juggle all the kids. If we're all kind of clean, partially dressed, been fed some and not too poopy then I'm considering the day a success.

#6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by EmilyS View Post
I'm so nervous about my first day alone with the 2 year old and newborn. it sounds like everything went really well for you. hang in there!

popping in from the August DDC to say, ME TOO! Congratulations, mama on doing so well. My 2 yo is definitely noticing the decrease in attention her way, and that is WITH other adults around to help. I am worried about how to care for both simultaneously. My 2 yo still likes so much physicality (runs to me for kisses and hugs when she gets a boo boo every hour or so) clings to me when strangers are around, needs me to pull her pants up and down at potty, sits on lap for stories, etc. I LOVE that, but it is hard when I am already holdng a nb, to keep up this same physical rapport with my dd, and I worry about her exhuberantly and accidentally squishing him. Sigh.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.