Anyone with Labial Tear experience? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 08-05-2008, 06:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I got a labial tear and a labial ulcer during Aydin's birth, both of which were stitched up by the midwife. After getting through 4 hours of pushing out a super huge baby (95th percentile for size) and then the crazy happy surrealness of having my baby right there, I wasn't asking too many questions about the tear and ulcer. I was taking percocet and motrin during the first week - the percocet was prescribed because of the ligament separation that I had - but have drastically cut back on painkillers (no percoset, a couple motrin once or twice a day).

Starting a few days ago, I've really started noticing the labia pain. A big problem is that, because of my ligament problem, I can't walk, so I've spent the last week on my butt, either lying down, sitting up in bed, or sitting in a chair.... I'm thinking it can't be too good to spend so much time sitting when I have this injury that's trying to heal. I don't know if the stinging I'm feeling is normal or a bad sign. I use a squirt bottle every time I use the bathroom, and am using witch hazel pads once or twice a day. I haven't been doing as good a job at airing myself out down there. I also have yet to use my sitz bath.

I wonder if anyone who has gone through this can share what I can expect, what I can do, warning signs to look out for, etc...

Teacher until birth of DS (7-27-08)blowkiss.gifand now DD (10-17-11)femalesling.GIF:, now SAHM, wife to my wonderful hard-working DH.   cd.gifnocirc.gifselectivevax.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 08-05-2008, 11:10 PM

I just did delivering my 9 lb 10oz little man. I just have to try keep my legs not more than hip width apart, no squats or anything like that and to do comfrey compresses & sitz baths.

She didn't stitch because the tears fit together by themselves if they were'nt being inspected.

Baby wearing Mamma to DS, dealing with all his allergies....and thriving w/another little bundle due in Early Feb
#3 of 5 Old 08-05-2008, 11:26 PM

I had a small labial tear as well (with one stitch)--I didn't even know I had to worry about it special.
#4 of 5 Old 08-05-2008, 11:32 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I had a significant labial tear after dd's birth 3 yrs ago (10lbs4oz), I used a lot of honey on it (honey is microbial and healing). I also had to lay low for a good 2 weeks, and remember stinging during urination for a good 7-9 days, I did play around a lot with angles to pee and found that leaning way way way back was the best for avoiding the tear in my case. Each day seemed to get better, but it did take a good 6 weeks to really feel like all was healed. Also frozen washcloths rolled up felt good to put in my panties. Wishing you a speedy healing and recovery. Is your perenium intact?
#5 of 5 Old 08-05-2008, 11:46 PM

sorry saw this and had to post! (congrats first of all!) I had 2 second degree bilateral labial tears, every once in a while I still get a twinge of pain and I'm almost 8months post partum. Nothing that makes me keel over or anything, but just enough for me to go "oh." It was pretty rough the first month, the second month I was still sore, but by the third month I was great. :::fast heeling vibes:::

bf.jpg Sami brokenheart.gif, wife to jammin.gif, mama to reading.gif Tate 10/14/05, moon.gifKaleb 12/17/07, angel.gifcandleflicker2.gif Bram 3/13/10-11/17/12, mischievous.gif Alden 2/1/12, pos.gif October 2014
 homeschool.gifvbac.gifuc.jpg 

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page