Mothering Forum banner

My little boy is growing up!

1K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  bluebirdmama 
#1 ·
Henry is already over 10 pounds and has outgrown all his newborn clothes. I can't even see him being in the 3 month size much longer because he is so long- I can just barely snap most of them.

I can't believe he is already 4 weeks old. He is doing real smiles now and holding his head up so well. Is time going so fast for anyone else? It feels like just yesterday I was pregnant and running around with my toddler, trying to get things ready for the baby!

#2 ·
oh, its going by so fast for me, too. it's so sad! i wish i could make time stop. my midwives came over today and weighed ds and he is 11 pounds even! even sadder, i made it my last appointment, because i hate the whole goodbye thing and didn't want to drag it out, but now i'm really sad.
they were amazing.

with my second baby, things went so quickly, and it just seems to be even faster now. i mean, my daughter just turned 7. 7! that's not right.

#3 ·
I'm right there with you!
I am sad because this is our last. I went to see my m/w last Monday because I was having pains (turned out to be a prolapsed bladder! UGH! but that's another story) and Owen weighed almost 13lbs.! Granted he was 10lbs. at birth but still that means he is gaining almost a pound a week. He was a month old today. I can't believe it, it seems like just yesterday I was still pregnant. I was over at mom's today in the bedroom where I had Owen and I just laid there and couldn't get over that it has already been a month since I was laying in that same bed birthing our boy.

I know what you mean about the good byes with your m/w. I have one more visit and I almost wish I wasn't going. I know I could go visit but with 3 kids now I doubt that will happen.

It's nice that it's going by so quick but it's also a little sad.

#5 ·
I feel the same way about Bodie. He's still so tiny, wearing premie clothes, even newborn is too big, but I can tell he is much bigger than he was. Friday we go in again, and well see for sure. He was 6lbs 13.5ozs LAST Friday at 2 weeks. He's trying to smile too, so darn sweet!!

#6 ·
I agree that the time is just zooming by! When I called my MW to set up a PP appt, she was like Whoa that baby's already six weeks!?!? I imagine DS is probably up 3+ pounds from his birth weight. I hope she has a scale in her office, I'd like to see! He was up 2 lbs at 3 weeks so it may even be more! DD was average sized at birth, but gained weight super slow so to have this guy with chubby thighs and big boobies is hilarious!

I also am sad about not seeing my MW for awhile. (like a long while!) She's an hour travel for us, so I'll be doing yearly exams with my family practice doc. DD is really going to miss her, too! This week we have plans to go to a fair and the zoo, but going to see Meg is up there on the list with those two things!
Really says a lot about your MW when your DC is all fired up to take an hour long car trip to see her!

#7 ·
I'm right there with you all. Meridith is One month two days - nearly five weeks old today. She had a growth spurt about a week ago and I swear over night grew out of all the newborn cloths and some of the 0-3 too.

She holds her head up no problem, she tries to sit up when you hold her in a reclining position and the kicker... she was on her tummy a few days ago and ROLLED OVER! She looks like a baby now, not like a new born.

ITs NOT FAIR how fast it all goes. The last few weeks of pregnancy drag on and on and then you birth your baby and then the clock speeds up and they're walking before you have a chance to even blink.

I adore my mw too and will probably visit her on occassion. She may retire before I have any more kids, and it just doesnt seem right to not include her in our lives. She's been such a part of them now for so long....

Ah... it's crazy isn't it?

#10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by abimommy View Post
AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH my baby is TEETHING!!

TEETHING!! NO FAIR!!

I am buying Hyland's in bulk, I am not even going to bother trying to avoid such things in a newborn.
Teething? That is certainly not fair.

I'm so sad that Cadence is already 7 weeks. She's looking so much less like a newborn and so much more like a baby. She's still in newborn clothes (and I bought her a couple preemie dresses the other day, but they are a brand that's a bit big to begin with). And still in newborn diapers. But she's filling out a bit, has outgrown her going home outfit, and is starting to really interact. She smiles and has laughed a few times. She coos and gets all excited when I get near her with an exposed boob.

As I look at my almost 4 year old and almost 9 year old and see them yelling and fighting and demanding, I realize that I really don't want her to grow up.

#11 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiffanoodle View Post
As I look at my almost 4 year old and almost 9 year old and see them yelling and fighting and demanding, I realize that I really don't want her to grow up.
Awe, yeah, that! They're just so lovely right now, and and sweet and snuggley... why do they have to grow up!

#13 ·
I'm sad too. Samuel was almost 10# at birth and at 3 weeks he is busting out of everything but I reFUSE to move him into the 3-6 clothes yet. Haha, he has to wear all these 0-3 things at least once. He's almost starting to smile, and his whole face is changing...I'm sad because I feel like I don't spend as much time doting over him than I did with #1....Must take more pictures!

#14 ·
Yup. we're experiencing this too. Noa is 7 weeks old and 9 Lbs 7 oz - she was 6 Lbs 13 at her 3 week check up. So she's gaining well which is good...but sad too that she's not a little newborn anymore. She's outgrowing outfits too. The only good part of that is that her cloth diapers are starting to fit her properly now.

Got to relive the birth a little bit yesterday as it was our last mw appt and she gave us the notes from the birth. I still can't get over how quickly it went - the birth and the end of my pregnancy.

I feel a little sad that I never managed to get the new camera before her birth. Our birth pics are terrible and I haven't taken nearly as many photos of Noa as I would like. No videos either because the current camera is partially broken and we can't take it off auto setting.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.