'Fess up, ladies.... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-19-2008, 09:46 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Who has DTD?

I have to admit I am dreading the first time, and I am definitely not ready yet. But poor DH! I think I am going to have to start being creative.... LOL!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2008, 10:30 AM

Dang girl, it's only been a month! Give it some more time!
Old 08-19-2008, 11:47 AM

i was one of the later moms, i guess (7-29) but sheesh! i have always waited 'til 6 weeks +! i am 3 weeks pp, still bleeding.

Hi, I'm Tabitha. I'm a homeschooling mother of four: ds (11) dd (9) ds (7) ds (5) And I'm expecting a fifth in 2014! Find me at http://www.omelay.blogspot.com
Old 08-19-2008, 12:26 PM

8 weeks + here, and nothing happening. About 3-4 weeks I, um, helped him out. Nothing since. Once I was cleared for action it's been the furthest thing from our minds!
Old 08-19-2008, 12:55 PM

Noah will be 6 weeks on Friday and I have my 6 week pp visit on Monday. My wonderful dh is very patient and understanding, but I know he's ready. Last time dd was 8-10 weeks old before trying again. Since I only had a minor tear this time, it'll probably be soon. I'm just so tired that if I have to choose between sleep and sex, sleep is definitely going to win!

Wife to my wonderful man, mommy to DS 02/2005, DD 12/2006, DS 07/2008, Matthew 10/4/2009, 2 and Due 11/2010!!
Old 08-19-2008, 02:17 PM

I am not quite 3 weeks pp and although I had no tearing, I still feel like things are going back to where they should and having some pink discharge. Plus then I have to think of birth control cuz I am not one of the lucky ones that can use breastfeeding as such. I usually get AF the first month pp. DH is starting to get whiney and doesn't expect the full out deal, but once it is bedtime, any sort of intimacy is so far out of my head.....

Jenn (36), wife to DH for 13 years, DD1(13) , DD2(10) and DS(4)

Old 08-19-2008, 02:26 PM
hyz

Well, I am 2 weeks pp today, so nothing's happening here!

My question is that I had a pretty significant tear (2nd degree, I think--I had interior and exterior stitches, and they go pretty far back towards my bum), so should I still expect to be back in action at 6 weeks, or will it be longer for me?

Mom to sweet DD 8/08, and adorable DS 10/20/10
Old 08-19-2008, 02:29 PM

i guess i'm in the minority here, but we waited 12 days.

Jenny (27) partner to Michael (28) mama to Zoe (8) Selene (4) Garvin (2) and baby Gwendolyn (born 14 Jan 2011)
Old 08-19-2008, 03:43 PM

Zoe is 7 weeks old today, and we have not done anything yet. I only had a small tear, and this is probably the longest we've ever waited. I'm just SO NOT in the mood, and still upset that dh only took 3 days off after our baby was born. I don't feel emotionally connected with dh, so there. We'll have to see....

Mom of 4
Old 08-19-2008, 03:48 PM

With my first i had minor tear.. worth 4 stitches.. and it took 9 months before i was unsore enough for sex...

with my second i tore horribly, but had no stitching, just kept my legs together.. and had sex 3 weeks postpartum

with this one, I had sex yesterday.. so just barely 5 weeks postpartum.. and we waited longer due to th epain in my hip, not due to not wanting to have sex, or anything like that.

Mum to DS (8yrs), DD (6yrs), and DS(3.5yrs). kid.gif

Old 08-19-2008, 05:15 PM

I'm only 2 weeks PP but I'm still bleeding off and on a lot but only had some small tears. Can't say I'm up for it yet. I know DP would like to but where can I find the energy between breastfeeding and newbornness in general. Also LO is still sleeping on me for most of the night in between feedings.

We took a shower together and he good time though

I'm pretty much planning on waiting for the 6 weeks.

Baby wearing Mamma to DS, dealing with all his allergies....and thriving w/another little bundle due in Early Feb
Old 08-19-2008, 06:42 PM

Hyz - it will depend on you, really!

With my DD, I had a 3rd egree episiotomy and a 4th degree tear, so there was nothing for quite some time. We tried at round 7 weeks PP, but it was too painful. We attempted it again every week or so, but I didn't find it not painful until DD was about 6 months old! (And even then, my libido was GONE! I only did it, really, becuase of DH!)

With my DS, I had a 1 degree tear. We wait until 7 weeks PP, again, and it wasn't too painful, but it was still uncomfy until about 4 months PP.

This time around, I m not sore at all THERE due to having a c-section, so I don't know what it's going to be like... Anyone with a c-section that can tell me, tummy wise, how it's gonna be? I know DH is BEYOND ready! With all the pelvic rest/bedrest for 10 weeks, we tried twice after that in 3 weeks but it was uncomfy for me so we didn't again, and now I'm 3 weeks PP (And still spotting - and I"m NOT gonng do it with a "muddy field" as DH calls it (He says "Game delay due to muddy fields" when AF is here! Big goober!) ), so it's gonna be at least another couple of weeks before I'm "cleared"... He is couting down the time, poor guy! (But I hate to tell him, I still have NO libido at ALL! *sigh* I don't normally get THAT back til around 6-8 months PP!)

Wife to Kevin (8-1-98)
: Proud Momma to Katelyn (4-02), Calvin (4-06), and Ashley (7-08) :
Old 08-19-2008, 07:11 PM

we have once, at 2 weeks pp and it was fine. I didn't have any tears or soreness at all after having Dashel, so it was just like old times...

I really have no desire to do it again right now, but my DH definitely does!
Old 08-19-2008, 07:12 PM

Honestly, I started going crazy after a week. I'm two weeks and two days PP and are ready to get it on! I have my PP check up at 4-5 weeks and hope to get the greenlight from my doc that we can "get this party started". I've helped him out once since I've delivered but we're both so tired at night, it was even a stretch for that.

I too had a c-section and have pretty much stopped bleeding, with occassional spotting.

Book loverread.gif - Sewer sewmachine.gif - Movie lover lurk.gif - Mommy to a wonderful little boy (8/4/08) biggrinbounce.gif - Aspiring writer notes.gif - On a mission to lose 15 pounds - all-around cool chick hippie.gif

Old 08-19-2008, 08:26 PM

Just DTD the other day, 7 weeks PP. I had a 1 degree tear which I declined stitches on. I had DH take a look to see if it was well healed before he got the green light. Surprisingly, better than I thought it would be.

When ds was born, sex was painful for months and months. Between that and my low libido (bf'ing caused???), having ds really changed things for us for a long time! We also co-slept and lived in a 40 foot school bus without a door on the bedroom - kinda surprised our friends that we ever got pregnant again.

This time around we moved into a regular house and "we have doors now!" was our code for letting each other know we were ready to get back at it. I'm hoping that our sex life will get back to normal more quickly this time around.

A & A treehugger.gif (09-02), DS - Rain Wildcoolshine.gif (09-05) , DD - Noa Sage goldfish.gif (06-08) & DS - Silas Blaze heartbeat.gif (02-11)   homebirth.jpg  winner.jpg
Old 08-19-2008, 08:27 PM

by the way, gotta say I totally agree with the poster who said that if the choice is sleep or sex, I choose sleep!!

A & A treehugger.gif (09-02), DS - Rain Wildcoolshine.gif (09-05) , DD - Noa Sage goldfish.gif (06-08) & DS - Silas Blaze heartbeat.gif (02-11)   homebirth.jpg  winner.jpg
Old 08-19-2008, 11:18 PM

I am 6 weeks PP but nothing yet. I go to sleep with the baby at 9pm!
Old 08-20-2008, 01:24 AM

Wow. Not even thinking about it. (Except to tell J how I'm not even THINKING about it yet. ) He isn't in a hurry, though. He's a "There's a time and a place..." kind of guy.

Last time, it was a loooooong time before we attempted. I don't think it will be the same this time, but with breastfeeding (which did seem to affect my libido last time) and all that's involved in caring for two newborns, maybe it will be awhile.
Old 08-20-2008, 03:09 AM

we DTD at 4 weeks PP, then again at 5 and at 6 and 7. i t was ok the first time but much better the longer pp I am. Just found out my insurance will not cover BC other than sterilization so we need to figure out what we are going to do about that,

: mom of Gavin Rhain and Grant, Doula
Old 08-20-2008, 10:48 AM

I wish! I've been wanting to for two weeks, but we seriously haven't found the time.
(5 1/2 weeks PP here)
Old 08-20-2008, 12:11 PM

We dtd on Sunday- and it wasn't painful, but it wasn't the best we've ever had, either. Apparently, my. lady bits are still stretched out a lot from the birth. So I'm for waiting a bit longer, just because we were both really looking forward to it, and then it wasn't all that.

So.. yeah. something to be said for waiting, I guess.

Be the change you want to see in the world. - Gandhi
Old 08-20-2008, 12:19 PM

Just 2w pp here as of yesterday, still bleeding. The bleeding actually seems to have picked up in the last 2 days, maybe I've been doing too much...I'll rest more today.

I had a 2nd degree tear, still haven't looked at it, but it feels like its healing up ok. DTD? No desire yet!

Poor DH though, I definitely need to help him out in that area a bit more...

TMI question...anyone else have weird sensations in their clitoris? Like it gets more blood flow or something now and gets really sensitive? This is definitely a new pp development for me. Its almost painful...

Babybel 8/5/08. Growing her sister: ***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**40*
Old 08-20-2008, 04:39 PM

Sounds like a lot of us are in the same boat. We're 6w pp tomorrow and not much going on here. With #1 we waited about 2.5 weeks or so and not sure with #2. This time, the combo of having 3 kids and cosleeping with 2 plus our hectic schedules.... yeah, so not happening right now.

I feel bad for hubby though so yeah, I've helped him out a couple of times too, but thats about it. Probably a few more weeks... but who knows, we'll see.

Cari bfinfant.gif Family Business Owner Married to my HS Sweet-Heart Michael photosmile2.gif
Mama to Bridgitt read.gif (12/99) Rheannon joy.gif (05/04) and Meridith energy.gif (07/08)

and Griffin baby.gif April 2, 2013

Old 08-20-2008, 10:06 PM

It just trips me out how many of us have to help our DHs/DPs out LOL. I SOOO wish men could have babies...

Book loverread.gif - Sewer sewmachine.gif - Movie lover lurk.gif - Mommy to a wonderful little boy (8/4/08) biggrinbounce.gif - Aspiring writer notes.gif - On a mission to lose 15 pounds - all-around cool chick hippie.gif

Old 08-20-2008, 11:15 PM

DH and I both really want to but we are waiting until 6 weeks PP (next Wed) just to be on the safe side even though I was feeling just great 2 weeks PP, I don't want to push it.

Jenna in love with my DH Jon, loving our 2.5 year old, Caroline Tulip, and expecting another little one in August!
Old 08-21-2008, 01:41 AM

The little guy will be 6 weeks this friday and nothing going on over here either. With my first I think I waited for 6 months!! This past birth was pretty easy physically and I would have been ready weeks ago but dh and I are not in the same state right now. We're about two states apart! :

*formerly apecaut*, Mom to A, Calliope (stillborn 40 weeks 6/22/07), A and O
Old 08-21-2008, 02:40 AM

We have.. We waited till almost 3 weeks PP when I stopped bleeding. DH is very bad at being patient:

S Momma to:8:5:4:1.5 and: May 29 2010 loving wife to C:
:::: ::: formally mom_2_3_girls
Old 08-21-2008, 03:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiberLover View Post
Just 2w pp here as of yesterday, still bleeding. The bleeding actually seems to have picked up in the last 2 days, maybe I've been doing too much...I'll rest more today.

I had a 2nd degree tear, still haven't looked at it, but it feels like its healing up ok. DTD? No desire yet!

Poor DH though, I definitely need to help him out in that area a bit more...

TMI question...anyone else have weird sensations in their clitoris? Like it gets more blood flow or something now and gets really sensitive? This is definitely a new pp development for me. Its almost painful...
Not in your ddc, but had to reply...

This is very normal and many women experience sharp pain, or increased sensitivity to the clitoris after birth. Mine went away about 6 mo pp.

HTH!

I am not crunchy enough for this forum. Everyday I get a little crunchier though! :
Old 08-21-2008, 03:27 AM

Well, I am separated and haven't DTD since the night Nathan was conceived, but I'd have to say even if I had the opportunity, I wouldn't. And my lil' guy's going to be 7 weeks on Saturday. For one thing, although my bleeding absolutely stopped almost three weeks ago, last Sunday it started again. I don't think it's a period, but hey, who knows. I know that *I* was conceived when my sister was 6 weeks old, and I have a neighbor now that was 3 weeks pregnant at her 6 week postpartum visit, so ovulating that close to childbirth is certainly possible.

That's utterly beside the point... I don't think, with any of my other births, that I DTD prior to about 3 months postpartum.

)O(   Far-away Mama to: Pooka (16)...Alex (14)...Mickie-Lamb (13)...Solo Mama to: Punkin' Seed (8)...Tootsie Pop (6)...Lil' Man (3) and a yikes2.gif due February 2012

~~~~ribbonpurple.gifDV Survivor/Fibroribbonpurple.gif~~~~ 

4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32**heartbeat.gif36***40

Old 08-21-2008, 02:46 PM

we did at like....2.5 weeks. the trouble now is getting the opportunity!

User Tag List