Am I really the first one? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 28 Old 11-16-2007, 11:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey, mamas! Well, I am kind of addicted to pregnancy tests and I took one last night even though AF isn't due until the 20th. And I got a BFP! I took 2 more tonight and got more faint positives. I am supposedly due August 1st, so here I am. :

Blessed mama of four
::
#2 of 28 Old 11-17-2007, 02:40 AM

Well, since there are no other August mamas yet - and I stalk the DDC boards relentlessly (living vicariously through others since, sadly, I am done having babies) - let me be the first to stay: Congratulations and welcome to the August DDC!!!! I hope you have a wonderful and healthy pregnancy. And rest assured, I'll be reading about in lurk mode! Good luck!
#3 of 28 Old 11-17-2007, 10:15 AM

Hi there!
I just wanted to post here even though I am not expecting :
Would love to join you for real... But just wanted to say hi until others arrive

Congrats!

New endeavor coming soon...
Raising Alice in Wonderland (DSD, 17), and in love with a Superman
#4 of 28 Old 11-17-2007, 04:00 PM - Thread Starter

Aww, thanks, mamas! : Well it looks like I am still the only one here today. I probably will be for awhile since I am due August 1st and AF isn't even late yet. I got a BFP 5 days early! I can't wait to meet my first pregnant buddy. I guess I will share a little bit about myself. I have a 4 yr. old ds and 22 month old boy/girl twins that were born at home in the water on New Year's Eve. They are still nursing around the clock, so we are just taking that one day at a time. I nursed my ds through my pregnancy with the twins and nursed them all together for 18 months, but I don't know how I feel about nursing 3 again. I guess we will just wait and see. I am feeling pretty good and starting my protein counting already. I am slowly weaning off caffeine, too. :

Blessed mama of four
#5 of 28 Old 11-17-2007, 06:30 PM

Hello from someone in the December DDC!!

I just wanted to say congratulations and wish you a happy pregnancy!

Karen, mother to a wonderful active three year old.
#6 of 28 Old 11-18-2007, 12:52 AM

Congratulations!!! I hope to be joining you soon. I'm trying to hold of poas till thanksgiving. I would be due August 2 if I get the Hopefully I'll be seeing you soon! Again, Congratulations!

Oh, by the way, what cd were you when you tested? You might convince me to test early: shhhh, don't tell!

In love with the Hubs (6-03) & : Kookie Pookie Girl (c/s 5-05) & Bouncy Big Boy (vbac 2-07) & : Miss Cheeky Cheeks (hbac 11-08) 100*90* 100lbs = Las Vegas : Almost there!
#7 of 28 Old 11-18-2007, 01:56 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!! That's awesome. First one. Special!

Mommy to THREE sweet boys & ONE sweet girl + a newb due in February!  I need a nap. 
#8 of 28 Old 11-18-2007, 12:16 PM

Hellooo!! I am so happy to be joining this club. This was month #3 ttc #3 :-) I am due August 2nd.

Jenn (36), wife to DH for 13 years, DD1(13) , DD2(10) and DS(4)

#9 of 28 Old 11-18-2007, 01:01 PM - Thread Starter

Congratulations, HulaJenn!! My first buddy!

PookieMom, I tested on CD 21 and I have 26 day cycles, so 5 days early. It was faint but it was there! Go ahead and test. I hope you will be joining us...

Blessed mama of four
#10 of 28 Old 11-18-2007, 06:02 PM

Anyone know how to add that little pregnancy week counter icon?

#11 of 28 Old 11-19-2007, 01:39 PM

I'll lurk around here, too, even though my EDD is 7/29/08...

Come ponder with me about food!
#12 of 28 Old 11-19-2007, 01:55 PM

I posted my introduction here, but to sum it up- I'm joining you, for now. Long story, but I can't take a test right now, but we'll see what happens. :

Newly single, chronically sleep deprived mama to my little wild thang wild.gif, born 11/17/12 

fly-by-nursing1.gif

#13 of 28 Old 11-19-2007, 11:41 PM

congrats

l, <>< wife to my sweetie, proud mama to 3 cubs, 2 who clw & 1 that i i ep for . baby was evicted early by induction due to severe pre-e/hellp syndrome
#14 of 28 Old 11-20-2007, 06:32 PM

Congrats!
I'm due July 26th but I'm guessing it will be an August baby. Just starting to feel twinges of morning sickness. is there anyone else who is still early but starting to feel sick?
#15 of 28 Old 11-20-2007, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyelizabeth View Post
Congrats!
I'm due July 26th but I'm guessing it will be an August baby. Just starting to feel twinges of morning sickness. is there anyone else who is still early but starting to feel sick?
My Af isn't even late yet and I am on a cracker and gingerale diet!!! LOL I didn't think it was possible to start this early. My other 2 pgs I was hardly sick at all! This one must be a boy! :-)

#16 of 28 Old 11-20-2007, 08:43 PM

I'm wondering if I should join the August board? I'm technically due in late July but given my history I'm sure the baby will be born in August. If you don't mind I might join in here!
#17 of 28 Old 11-20-2007, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwoods1995 View Post
I'm wondering if I should join the August board? I'm technically due in late July but given my history I'm sure the baby will be born in August. If you don't mind I might join in here!
Technically, I'm due in very late July, too
I've just been posting on both boards.

Newly single, chronically sleep deprived mama to my little wild thang wild.gif, born 11/17/12 

fly-by-nursing1.gif

#18 of 28 Old 11-21-2007, 01:15 AM

The more the merrier - we seem kinda empty right now.....bring on some more BFPs!!! :-)

#19 of 28 Old 11-21-2007, 09:36 AM

Hey galls, Just BFP today, due 7-31 but August feels right. Anyone recovering from a MC? I had one just last cycle and it has gotten me a bit nerved up. It was only 5wks in and I am sure it was due to a REALLY bad cold I got but still I want to be preggers SOOO bad, I hope this one sticks!

Mountain Biking bikenew.gifMama of 3 little beans, .      Epumped 1pump.gif 22mths for dd1 (2006) notes.gif
Nursed fly-by-nursing1.gifmy homebirth.jpg babe, dd2 (2008) until self weaned at 3yrsbouncy.gif. We survived a major nursing strike.

Awesome homebirth.jpg for Baby #3 who turned out to be a babygirl.gif (Aug 2013)!   

#20 of 28 Old 11-21-2007, 04:53 PM

Hi Everyone,
Posting here too. EDD is July 26th but I was 11 days past with ds and I think I am a late implanter since I just got a faint pos yesterday (what I thought was 16 dpo) August is probably more like it for me. But I might jump between both!
Congratulations to all!

April thankful mommy to my boys Big Red 3/06 Little Z 9/08 and happily awaiting the arrival of 10/10 :
#21 of 28 Old 11-21-2007, 06:40 PM

hello ladies!

I'm going to tentatively join you all!

I got a faint line at 9DPO on an early response test, and immediately ran to the store to get another test! ...which also gave me a faint positive.

My due date (if I ovulated when FF says I ovulated), is August 3rd!

I'm elated, but also a little nervous that something could happen...

I think that Christmas is the earliest we'll tell anyone.

...could someone please tell me how to do the pregnancy countdown in my signature? thank you,

looking forward to the journey!
charlene
#22 of 28 Old 11-21-2007, 06:55 PM
hyz

Hi! I'm going to jump in here, too. I got a positive test on the 19th--I'm still getting used to the lingo, but I think it was 14 DPO? So my EDD is 7/29/08, but I'm rarely on time for anything, and this will be my first ( ), so I'm guessing I'll run long. I'm going to poke back and forth b/t here and the 7/08 DDC. I'm really excited, but I'm trying not to be, since I know this is a fragile stage yet. Eeek. Think good thoughts!

Nice to meet you all--I'm hoping to get to know you over the next 9 months or so!

Mom to sweet DD 8/08, and adorable DS 10/20/10
#23 of 28 Old 11-21-2007, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geo_girl View Post
hello ladies!

I'm going to tentatively join you all!

I got a faint line at 9DPO on an early response test, and immediately ran to the store to get another test! ...which also gave me a faint positive.

My due date (if I ovulated when FF says I ovulated), is August 3rd!

I'm elated, but also a little nervous that something could happen...

I think that Christmas is the earliest we'll tell anyone.

...could someone please tell me how to do the pregnancy countdown in my signature? thank you,

looking forward to the journey!
charlene
I know it is hard to get too excited when it is so early. I too am going to tell my family at x-mas.
But congrats charlene!

The pg countdown I didn't realize is actually something you make yourself in your signature. You just have to update it yourself weekly -use any emoticon you like to designate your pg week and use whatever timeline you want (ie/ if you want to go up by 5's instead of 4's like I did....)
Welcome!

#24 of 28 Old 11-21-2007, 07:31 PM

I just adjusted my EDD to calc from my ovulation date instead of first day of last period and got July 30th instead of Aug 2nd. Which is the more accurate calc?

#25 of 28 Old 11-21-2007, 07:51 PM

I'm so excited! Am due in the beginning of August. I think sometime between the 3rd and 9th. I Refuse to give myself a day this time after going stir crazy with a 2 week late baby last time. Anyway, I can't wait to keep posting and hear how everyone is doing!
#26 of 28 Old 11-21-2007, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HulaJenn View Post
I just adjusted my EDD to calc from my ovulation date instead of first day of last period and got July 30th instead of Aug 2nd. Which is the more accurate calc?
The O date is more accurate since it is specifically tuned to your body, and the time your body released your egg. Not statistically when a woman should O. I would say July 30 would be they way to go.

Mountain Biking bikenew.gifMama of 3 little beans, .      Epumped 1pump.gif 22mths for dd1 (2006) notes.gif
Nursed fly-by-nursing1.gifmy homebirth.jpg babe, dd2 (2008) until self weaned at 3yrsbouncy.gif. We survived a major nursing strike.

Awesome homebirth.jpg for Baby #3 who turned out to be a babygirl.gif (Aug 2013)!   

#27 of 28 Old 11-25-2007, 05:13 PM

Not for sure yet but count me in. I'm kind of freaking out b/c we are not actively TTC. We had planned to sometime in the new year but last Sunday we DTD after a long drought. We use charting to avoid and I have incredibily short cycles (22 day average) so we don't get much opportunity. I threw caution to the wind and took advantage of the time with DH b/c I thought I was still at least 4-5 days away from O. Well, come to find out after plugging in my temps today it looks as though I Oed on CD11 instead of CD13 and put me 2 days away from O. According to TCOYF my due date would be Aug. 12th.

I know I will be happy with a BFP and DH will too but this time of year is very stressful for him. He worries about finances way too much and with the Holidays coming up and property taxes due in January I think he will freak out. I'm thinking that if I do get a BFP that I will wait to tell him (or anyone else) for Valentine's Day. That will get me to 10+ weeks to make sure everything is fine. I'm good at keeping secrets! My first pg I told DH right away (10DPO) and he ended up telling everyone before I was ready. That was also a bit of a surprise and the 2WW was the Christmas/New Year's holiday and I didn't think there was any way I could be pg so it went by without a thought. This time is so different. It's all I can think about!!!

Good Luck and Baby Dust!
I'm hoping that 2008 will bring some joy to all of us!!!

Peace!
#28 of 28 Old 11-25-2007, 05:56 PM

I am here, due Aug 7. I haven't told DH yet, I don't want to for a while. I had a m/c on Halloween and we were expecting to stop at 4. he will stress big time.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page