Tentatively joining you. *UPDATE* - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 20 Old 11-19-2007, 01:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My story is a long one.

It starts back in February of this year. I was single, but I was in the beginning of a "friends with benefits" relationship.

I am a firm believer in intuition and in spirit babies. At the time, I had my first spirit baby, a boy, visit me. He started giving me signs that he would be conceived in November, born in August. I saw his birth, and have seen it a few times- I'm in a dark room, but rays of sun are filtering in. It's very peaceful and serene.

At the time, many weird things kept happening. I woke up one morning calculating the cost of diapers in my head. I felt my baby beside me in bed a few times, but of course when I rolled over, there was nothing there. I had a sudden image of the aforementioned friend (we'll call him FWB for simplicity's sake) rubbing my very large pregnant belly.

At the time, I laughed this all off. I had, however, for years been seeing myself getting pregnant young, very young. I had seen the circumstances not being the best and would wake up years ago (I'm talking when I was 12 and 13) worrying about how I was going to tell people, what was going to happen.

I told myself, and this baby, that there was no way November would work, I wasn't even in a relationship! (Ah, how we fool ourselves).

He persisted though. He stayed around me, and kept telling me he'd be conceived in November. More and more, it began to look like there was no way- I was leaving for Mexico on the 10th, and didn't even think there'd be an opportunity to conceive before then. But, alas, Baby knew better than I, and on the 7th, FWB and I had a special goodbye.

I realized about two days later that with the timing, and the abundance of fertile CM, the Baby may have just gotten his wish, but I didn't think too much of it.

Fast forward to CD 22. I suddenly realized that I was eating all.the.time. I could eat a huge meal, be stuffed, and an hour later be searching the kitchen, starved. I was also exhausted. I laid down to read that day, ended up falling asleep, and woke up 3 hours later more tired than when I began.

CD 23 came. I should have got my period that day, if my body was following it's normal pattern and process. That's the day I started "freaking out". I realized when I laid on my stomach, I could very clearly feel a golf ball sized object in my lower stomach. Now, I know, everybody says it's not possible to feel your uterus that early, but, sorry, I felt it. :

I was also experiencing round ligament pain, though I didn't have a name to put with it yet. I was bloated, gassy, constipated, crampy. But they weren't PMS or period cramps- they didn't hurt, I was just aware of them.

CD 24. By now, I'd told FWB, and he after crying and panicking, started to accept it and make a plan. He has been amazing ever since. : I kept anticipating my period that day. I had so much runny discharge that I kept running to the bathroom, sure AF had started. I even finally put a pad on so I could stop worrying. I found out later from a friend that the beginning of her pregnancy was the same way- she was certain she'd started her period 50,000 times that day. The cramps got worse on this day; I had a few weird cravings (Taco bell and french fries anyone?). I felt very nauseous that night.

Which brings us to today. CD 25. At the latest, my period will come today, but I really don't expect it to. For one, I would be late- I'm NEVER late. AF never gives me an extra few days, she's more likely to randomly turn my 23 day cycle into a 19 day one.

It's early still, so I don't know what today will bring. My cervix is low, very low, soft, and closed tightly. Still having very runny discharge, and starting to get a bit crampy for the day. Oh, and some nausea just hit, too. Fun.

Because my cycles vary, and I'm not sure of the exact date of conception (my heart tells me the 8th or 9th), I'm getting different due dates, but I've decided to stick with August 1st. I have a feeling he'll be born on the fifth.

I'm in Mexico until January. It would be very hard for me to pick up a test. For one thing, because I never venture into town alone, and for now, I'd prefer no one know. I will try to pick one up at some point, but for now, it's interesting just to see how things are progressing.

I'm not sure yet if I'll be having a midwife attended birth or a UC. I plan to call around to some midwives when I get back, but for now, I'm not too worried about it. I'm eating insanely healthy- it's odd how that instinct kicked in right away. The second I suspected something, I began watching every little thing I put in my mouth.

So, it looks as if I may be joining you ladies. The next 9 months should be veeerrry interesting. Anyway, though, stomach is rumbling. Time to get my first meal of 20 for the day. :

Newly single, chronically sleep deprived mama to my little wild thang wild.gif, born 11/17/12 

fly-by-nursing1.gif

#2 of 20 Old 11-19-2007, 03:04 PM

Not in your DDC but wanted to say congrats! You have an amazing, beautiful story!

Doula, Wife and mom to A (11/23/01) and O (5/7/09)
#3 of 20 Old 11-19-2007, 11:45 PM

congrats mama.

l, <>< wife to my sweetie, proud mama to 3 cubs, 2 who clw & 1 that i i ep for . baby was evicted early by induction due to severe pre-e/hellp syndrome
#4 of 20 Old 11-19-2007, 11:55 PM

What a beautiful story! I had to comment because the fifth of August is a lovely day to birth a babe.

Kash, homeschooling mommy to Gillian (8/5/00) and Jacob (3/23/05)
and Brigid Eleanor (11/20/08)
#5 of 20 Old 11-20-2007, 12:54 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchfire View Post
What a beautiful story! I had to comment because the fifth of August is a lovely day to birth a babe.

Thanks everyone :

Newly single, chronically sleep deprived mama to my little wild thang wild.gif, born 11/17/12 

fly-by-nursing1.gif

#6 of 20 Old 11-20-2007, 02:24 PM

ooh, cool!!!

can you receive mail there in mexico?

let me know and i'll happily send you an hpt. (pm me) If you really wanna know with the pee on a stick method - or the belly getting larger will work, too! *grin*

BettyAnn
due when the lilies bloom . .. .hba2c planned. . ..
#7 of 20 Old 11-20-2007, 02:31 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyfrog View Post
ooh, cool!!!

can you receive mail there in mexico?

let me know and i'll happily send you an hpt. (pm me) If you really wanna know with the pee on a stick method - or the belly getting larger will work, too! *grin*

BettyAnn
due when the lilies bloom . .. .hba2c planned. . ..
I technically COULD receive mail, but with the mail system here, I'd probably have the baby before it made it to me

Also, I'm staying with friends, and it would arouse suspicion. I'd like to keep this under wraps for a bit

Thanks so much for the offer though! : I'm actually kind of enjoying the natural progression of things, seeing how I feel each day, listening to my body. I'll know for sure soon enough

fly-by-nursing1.gif

#8 of 20 Old 11-21-2007, 05:30 AM

Just wanted t say congrats and that is truely beautiful! Wish you and yur baby boy the best!
#9 of 20 Old 11-24-2007, 08:35 PM - Thread Starter

Today is CD 30. I went to bed last night feeling "officially" pregnant. Morning sickness was kicking my butt, I had craved raw onions (I hate raw onions!).

This morning I woke up, went to the bathroom. Looked down and noticed that the TP was pink. I started spotting then and have been bleeding ever since. It looks like typical period bleeding.

However- I don't think it is, and it's not just because I want to hold out hope. The bleeding didn't start normally, and throughout the day it's changed colors, but it's mostly been a very dark, almost maroonish, red. I know my body, and know when my period is coming, and none of it happened- for me a huge one was not needing chocolate. Also, the fact that I would have had a 29 day cycle, it's just unheard of for me.

From what I've been reading, it's a lot more common than people think to actually have a period the first month and even the second. I know a lot of people have one and then right after find out they're 6 months pregnant.

So- I really don't know what's going on, and I'm trying not to worry or assume either way. Basically, I'm just letting you guys know what's going on.

fly-by-nursing1.gif

#10 of 20 Old 11-28-2007, 05:33 AM

Not in your ddc but I *need* to check on ananas How are you doing? Has the bleeding stopped?
#11 of 20 Old 11-29-2007, 02:55 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezzy View Post
Not in your ddc but I *need* to check on ananas How are you doing? Has the bleeding stopped?
The bleeding stopped yesterday. It looked in every way like a period, but it didn't look like one of MY periods, if that makes sense. For one, it was a week late, which just doesn't happen with me. Second, during days two and three of my periods, I rarely leave the house. I rarely even get out of bed. If I do leave the house during those days, I use at least a few tampons while I'm gone. This time, I not only left the house on Day 2, I took a mile-long walk, and STILL only went through one pad that day! :

The bleeding stopped yesterday, which would make that a 5-day-period, and I never have a period less than 7 days.

My breasts are still growing, still crampy, still experiencing round ligament pain, and the morning sickness is hitting (it's bad today , sooo, I'm still saying I'm pregnant and that "period" was one of nature's flukes

I'll probably officially test tomorrow morning, and if not then, soon.

Thanks for asking! :

fly-by-nursing1.gif

#12 of 20 Old 11-29-2007, 07:03 PM

[quote=ananas;9863577

I'll probably officially test tomorrow morning, and if not then, soon.

[/quote]

Just a quick question, I understand many mom's just don't test, they go by what their body tells them but in your case if you are planning on testing a some point why the wait? I just don't understand?

Mountain Biking bikenew.gifMama of 3 little beans, .      Epumped 1pump.gif 22mths for dd1 (2006) notes.gif
Nursed fly-by-nursing1.gifmy homebirth.jpg babe, dd2 (2008) until self weaned at 3yrsbouncy.gif. We survived a major nursing strike.

Awesome homebirth.jpg for Baby #3 who turned out to be a babygirl.gif (Aug 2013)!   

#13 of 20 Old 11-29-2007, 07:25 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BakerALM View Post
Just a quick question, I understand many mom's just don't test, they go by what their body tells them but in your case if you are planning on testing a some point why the wait? I just don't understand?
I actually wasn't planning on testing at all, and when I started bleeding, it threw that off a bit. So now the tests are just sitting in a drawer, and...I'm not really sure what I'm waiting for, it's just nice to know they're there.

fly-by-nursing1.gif

#14 of 20 Old 11-29-2007, 10:06 PM

So sorry about your bleeding, mama! If you have a test, I would take it. :

Blessed mama of four
::
#15 of 20 Old 11-30-2007, 02:29 AM

Not in your DDC, but I had a very similar experience with DS #1. He kept showing up in my dreams and then all through my pregnancy, but as a grown person. It's been kind of cool to watch him grow up and see him turning into that guy who kept telling me it was time!

I also had not-normal bleeding for 2 cycles after I got pregnant with him. I was 11 weeks along when I finally went, "Uh...I don't feel well. I think I need to see the doctor."

Good luck with the testing tomorrow!

Dissertating wife of Mr. Amazing Man, mother to Boo Bear ( ) Captain Knuckle (13), and The Professor (5). Expecting Penelope Rose 5/10/2010 via planned c/s.
#16 of 20 Old 12-01-2007, 10:36 AM

Your story was beautiful. Thanks for sharing, please let us know how your testing goes if you wish to share again
#17 of 20 Old 12-02-2007, 07:54 PM

Just clicked the link to this thread in the NMY thread (last month's). So, are you pregnant? Just had a funky cycle?

Hi, I'm TJ!  lady.gif | NMY Grad love.gif | Mama to DD 5/13 babygirl.gif

#18 of 20 Old 12-03-2007, 12:09 PM

soooooooooo?????? have you taken the pregnancy test as of yet and what were the results??? im worried havent seen you post in a while...
#19 of 20 Old 12-03-2007, 02:39 PM - Thread Starter

I posted here if you want the full scoop of what's going on

fly-by-nursing1.gif

#20 of 20 Old 12-03-2007, 02:46 PM

Do you plan to test again, darlin'? I've been thinking of you...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page