Feeling crampy...Is this normal? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 19 Old 11-22-2007, 01:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
First of all, hello to August DDCers! I'm really excited to be joining you. I just got my BFP yesterday, and am through the roof about it. I've been trying for #1 since June with frozen donor sperm. I actually got pregnant the first time, then lost it at 4.5 weeks. Five rounds of inseminations later, I'm really thrilled to be pregnant again.

So, here's my question... Cramping- is it *really* normal? Do other people experience it? Can I be feeling crampy right now and still have a normal, viable pregnancy?

Of course I've obessively googled this, I just still feel so shaky and burned from my last round, I sort of need to hear someone else tell me that this is normal.

So, any advice appreciated. And, I'm glad to be here!

A, partner to J, mama to O, now with a new username!

Building queer family since 2008!

(and oh, did i mention we're having twins?!?)

#2 of 19 Old 11-22-2007, 01:42 AM
hyz

I don't really know the answer to your question, since this is my first time being pregnant in any way, but I've been experiencing slight twingy cramping on and off for the last few days (my EDD is 7/29)--nothing painful, just enough that I notice it. When I'm having my period, I usually alternate between one month with no cramps, and the next month with awful cramps on the first day--this is not like that. So I hope it's normal!! I'll be watching for answers, too. Good luck!!

Mom to sweet DD 8/08, and adorable DS 10/20/10
#3 of 19 Old 11-22-2007, 10:36 AM

I know when I was pg with my first I had no idea what normal was and assumed the bad cramps I was getting meant something bad so i went to the ER. Turns out that it is completely normal unless accompanied by a lot of blood obviously - muscles are stretching, blood is building etc.....you're bound to have some twinging definately. But if ever in doubt call your doc/mw.

Jenn (36), wife to DH for 13 years, DD1(13) , DD2(10) and DS(4)

#4 of 19 Old 11-22-2007, 02:54 PM

Yes! I thought I was about to have my period with my first... weeks came & went & finally I took a pregger test. I say it's normal! I even have it this time around!

Wife to my of 10 years, SAHM to my 2 beautiful homebirthed girls Sydney (4/29/2006) Kennedy (3/21/2010) & 1 super Newfoundland
#5 of 19 Old 11-22-2007, 09:08 PM

I am also feeling crampy, sore and my pants already are bothering my lower tummy. I remember feeling REALLY tender down there the entire pregnancy last time, so much so that I could ONLY wear stretch waist pants even right at the beginning before I was showing. Right now I am thinking about getting into my jammies so I can let my imaginary belly out

Mountain Biking bikenew.gifMama of 3 little beans, .      Epumped 1pump.gif 22mths for dd1 (2006) notes.gif
Nursed fly-by-nursing1.gifmy homebirth.jpg babe, dd2 (2008) until self weaned at 3yrsbouncy.gif. We survived a major nursing strike.

Awesome homebirth.jpg for Baby #3 who turned out to be a babygirl.gif (Aug 2013)!   

#6 of 19 Old 11-22-2007, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BakerALM View Post
I am also feeling crampy, sore and my pants already are bothering my lower tummy. I remember feeling REALLY tender down there the entire pregnancy last time, so much so that I could ONLY wear stretch waist pants even right at the beginning before I was showing. Right now I am thinking about getting into my jammies so I can let my imaginary belly out
This is how I feel now and with my first pregnancy. I don't know for sure if I'm pregnant yet, but i really feel like I am!! I'll know next week!!
#7 of 19 Old 11-22-2007, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anyuka View Post
This is how I feel now and with my first pregnancy. I don't know for sure if I'm pregnant yet, but i really feel like I am!! I'll know next week!!
Hope to see you in a week or so!! ::

Mountain Biking bikenew.gifMama of 3 little beans, .      Epumped 1pump.gif 22mths for dd1 (2006) notes.gif
Nursed fly-by-nursing1.gifmy homebirth.jpg babe, dd2 (2008) until self weaned at 3yrsbouncy.gif. We survived a major nursing strike.

Awesome homebirth.jpg for Baby #3 who turned out to be a babygirl.gif (Aug 2013)!   

#8 of 19 Old 11-23-2007, 03:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BakerALM View Post
Hope to see you in a week or so!! ::
Thank you!! I just got home and put on my jammies!! Could be all the Thanksgiving food though! We'll see...........
#9 of 19 Old 11-26-2007, 10:02 PM

I know this thread is a few days old, but I'm weighing in to say YES. Cramps and abdominal tenderness have been my big first symptoms of both pregnancies.

Alexandra 4.11.05 and Colin 2.9.09. Click on my name to visit my homeschooling blog.
#10 of 19 Old 11-26-2007, 10:41 PM

I've been feeling crampy...and yesterday I sneezed and I thought my ovaries about exploded....soooo painful. Crampy and twingy.
#11 of 19 Old 11-27-2007, 12:54 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks everyone for the reassurance!

I was incredibly crampy from days 6-12 dpo. In fact, on the night of day 12, we were at my girlfriend's family's house for post-Thanksgiving festivities, and I burst into tears because it was exactly the way I felt right before I lost my earlier pregnancy. And then, I woke up in the morning and felt totally different- the cramps were all gone. Now I'm 15 dpo, officially 4 weeks pregnant, and while I still have some twinges, the AF-like cramps are gone, which is a huge relief.

Of course, it's still very early, but I'm tentatively beginning to feel like I can actually start posting here.

A, partner to J, mama to O, now with a new username!

Building queer family since 2008!

(and oh, did i mention we're having twins?!?)

#12 of 19 Old 11-27-2007, 09:21 AM

AngelaM, good to hear your feeling better:.

I am actually getting more cramps, and tenderness:. My husband says I was this way last time and I think he is right but I don't have it written down anywhere to check. I am beginning to feel more pregnant so I hope this is just normal:

#13 of 19 Old 11-27-2007, 10:14 AM

I just wanted to pipe in and post that most definately you can get crampy in early pregnancy. I have not YET in this pregnancy but all of my other pregnancies were like that.

It was quite uncomfortable as I remember and always made me nervous even though I *knew* it was normal.

Hang in there mamas
#14 of 19 Old 11-27-2007, 10:38 AM

Oh, I'm so glad to hear there are others feeling like this. I'm 5 weeks and my doctor's appt. is next week. I'm trying not to worry because I know the stress of worrying is not good either. I feel a lot better reading this though.
#15 of 19 Old 11-28-2007, 11:41 AM

Hi Guys

I am new to this board and just got BFP on Sunday so I am 4 weeks and 3 days , not that I am counting.. I am feeling crampy too. I spoke to the dr who has said she wants me scaned to check for EP but reading your letters I feel slightly more relaxed. The exploding overaries are just how I feel on one side. I describe it as ovulation type pain but hey that all over .
I am so glad I am not the only one like this
Clare
#16 of 19 Old 11-28-2007, 12:09 PM

last night i was crampy too, soi just slowed down for a minute and watched TV. LOL its weird to just relax LOL....

i think cramping is totally normal in early pregnancy. I also felt crampy for a week or 2 before i got my BFP.. I kept waiting for Af to show LOL

Melissa- homeschooling mom to Samantha ( 9) Gabby ( 8) Emma (6) and Diesel (12 months) and Rachel Rebecca Brock Erik Joe Noah 6-25-10 5 early miscarriages
#17 of 19 Old 11-28-2007, 12:46 PM

I got an early BFP at 9DPO and then started to see some old blood and feel crampy. I was terrified that I was miscarrying...

...now I feel an occasional twinge, and then it goes away. I take the cramping/twinging as a bit of a hint to drink some water and sit down for a moment.

charlene
#18 of 19 Old 11-28-2007, 07:10 PM

Mine seems to be better if I am moving about. If I sit and relax I can feel it more. Weird.
CLare
#19 of 19 Old 11-29-2007, 11:32 AM

Im at about 4 weeks and 5 days and I have been feeling strange cramps for a couple of weeks now. They aren't menstral cramps though...they're almost those weird cramps I get if I have a bladder infection. They almost feel like someone is putting an insane amount of pressure on my lowe abdomen. Sometimes they are pretty intense. I asked the doctor on Monday if they were normal and she infomred me that they are completely normal unless accompanied by blood or are extremely painful.

I think you are doing just fine!! This is my first baby too, so I don't know what to expect.

Good luck!!

Erica

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page