When are you "due and what baby is this... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 73 Old 11-26-2007, 12:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am "due" on August 5th, and this is baby #4. I can't believe that I am pregnant!

Hannick is 7 and born at the hospital.

Kettie is 5 and born at home in the water.

Mallaigh is 3 and born at home in the water.

I am a doula and apprenticing to be a homebirth midwife. I normally get really really sick, but have decided not to be this time around! I feel totally fine so far (obviously, I am only 14DPO!) except my boobs hurt. Maybe they want to grow!

Sarah+1

wife - mother - midwife

CIRCUMCISION

The more you know, the worse it gets.

#2 of 73 Old 11-26-2007, 12:40 PM

Congrats on baby #4!!!

I'm hoping for a water birth but I'm not brave enough to try a home birth since I am going to have a VBAC and we live in a rural area.

Enjoy your pg!!

#3 of 73 Old 11-26-2007, 01:40 PM

I am due on Aug 5th also and this is baby #5 for me. ( I have actually also had 2 mc (18 & 14 years ago))

Unfortunately all of my children have been hospital births, all of them natural however with no medication.

David - 18 boy (was circ'd I was only 16 and didn't know any better)

Deanna - 16 girl

Presley - 12 girl

Tristan - 2 1/2 boy (uncirc'd and still currently bf'ing)

I wish I could do a homebirth but I'm too paranoid to try it. I worry ALL the time about my pregnancies and just wouldn't be able to "enjoy" a homebirth, as much as I want one.
#4 of 73 Old 11-26-2007, 02:00 PM
hyz

Well, this will be number 1 for me, EDD 7/29/08! :

I don't have any "alternative" birthing plans--I'd be too scared to do it the first time in any event, and DH is a medical resident pretty well acquainted with the local hospitals--I know I'll have a good advocate in him.

Mom to sweet DD 8/08, and adorable DS 10/20/10
#5 of 73 Old 11-26-2007, 02:38 PM

This is my second baby. My dd#1, Annika, is a month shy of 2 1/2. I'm due sometime in late July/early August. I'm thinking more on the August side because I tend to ovulate late in my cycle. I had my dd at a birthing center in water and I would love another water birth. I'm thinking home birth this time around since there is not birthing center where we now live - besides the ones in the hospitals, which do not allow water births. Right now I'm feeling bloated, nauseous and grumpy. I can't remember it being this bad the first time around.
#6 of 73 Old 11-26-2007, 03:42 PM

This is also my second baby. My dear Sydney is 19 months & she was born at home in the water. She's still nursing & I haven't had a cycle so I'm not sure when we conceived.

I haven't had any preggo symptoms since last week & am trying not to freak out about it. I was sooooooooo sick my first pregnancy, it was easy to tell I was pregnant morning noon & night. I've got to think positively :

Wife to my of 10 years, SAHM to my 2 beautiful homebirthed girls Sydney (4/29/2006) Kennedy (3/21/2010) & 1 super Newfoundland
#7 of 73 Old 11-26-2007, 06:28 PM

I have one DD, Lola at home who is 21mths we are still EPing but my supply is beginning to tank due to this pregnancy.: She was born at the hospital after I labored at home, I arrived at 7cm and was 10cms 45mins after I arrived. This worked out well for a hospital birth since the hospital staff had minimal time to screw things up. We tried birthing in the water, they had a huge birthing tub at the hospital but I could not get comfortable in the tub. Amazingly enough after trying a bunch of different positions the only one that felt "right" was on my back in the bed. :

We are planning a homebirth for this bean with GREAT BFing support so we can hopefully fix any problems early and fulfill my dream of CLWing:

I am due July 31.

Mountain Biking bikenew.gifMama of 3 little beans, .      Epumped 1pump.gif 22mths for dd1 (2006) notes.gif
Nursed fly-by-nursing1.gifmy homebirth.jpg babe, dd2 (2008) until self weaned at 3yrsbouncy.gif. We survived a major nursing strike.

Awesome homebirth.jpg for Baby #3 who turned out to be a babygirl.gif (Aug 2013)!   

#8 of 73 Old 11-26-2007, 06:51 PM

Congrats to everyone!!!

May I ask...What is CLWing?
#9 of 73 Old 11-26-2007, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAMommy View Post
May I ask...What is CLWing?
Child Led Weaning verses Mother Led Weaning from the breast.
their is a great forum here dedicated to it.

It is basically impossible to do in its true form while Exclusively Pumping no matter how hard you try.

Mountain Biking bikenew.gifMama of 3 little beans, .      Epumped 1pump.gif 22mths for dd1 (2006) notes.gif
Nursed fly-by-nursing1.gifmy homebirth.jpg babe, dd2 (2008) until self weaned at 3yrsbouncy.gif. We survived a major nursing strike.

Awesome homebirth.jpg for Baby #3 who turned out to be a babygirl.gif (Aug 2013)!   

#10 of 73 Old 11-26-2007, 08:20 PM

Gotcha. I too EPed for nearly 10 months. DS was in the NICU for 10 days and I tried everything to get him to BF but he's just like his daddy...Instant Gratification. My supply droped when AF returned and I couldn't keep up. My job was great about letting me pump in my office but we had a guest speaker come and I was not able to pump (at work) for 3 days and that was the end. I tried and tried to get it back...taking tons of Fennegreek and pumping several times a day and night but it was no use. I left that job a few months later and wish I had tried harder. I am so dreaming about being able to BF this next time around. I still haven't tested to see if I got a BFP and I'm already reading the BFing boards and visiting the LLL site.

:
#11 of 73 Old 11-26-2007, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAMommy View Post
Gotcha. I too EPed for nearly 10 months.

I am so dreaming about being able to BF this next time around. I still haven't tested to see if I got a BFP and I'm already reading the BFing boards and visiting the LLL site.

:
It is amazing the number of mom's on mothering that have EPumped for their babes!! I think we just know how important BM is and when things go wrong we just pump it instead.

I am also dreaming about BFing! I am on the board of my local LLL and have been going since lola was about 5mths. I wish I had found them sooner. I would start going to LLL to meet friends and make BFing buddies if you run into trouble early on. I love my group, they are sooo supportive of my EPing and of any mom dedicated to BFing. Not to mention if they have any pumping questions the leaders always ask me:.

#12 of 73 Old 11-26-2007, 09:54 PM

Hi! Just made it here, with a EDD of August 3 for baby #2.

My daughter Alex is 2 1/2. She was born in the hospital with an independent midwife and no pain meds, and I'm planning to go the same route with #2.

Alexandra 4.11.05 and Colin 2.9.09. Click on my name to visit my homeschooling blog.
#13 of 73 Old 11-27-2007, 02:45 AM

Congrats to everyone!

I'm due Aug. 6th. this will be my 3rd baby. My first was a hospital induction w/ an epidural and my second was an accidental unassisted birth. I'm hoping to birth at home w/ #3.... no reason to rush to the hospital again! I'm not into the water birth thing though... i hate water, LOL
#14 of 73 Old 11-27-2007, 12:36 PM

Our due date is August 3rd.

This will be our second child.

our amazing daughter will have just had her 2nd birthday when this blessing arrives. She was a hospital birth with no pain meds.

best wishes to everyone,
charlene
#15 of 73 Old 11-27-2007, 01:25 PM

I dunno when exactly I'm due - sometime late July/early August! This is baby #3 for me, #4 for dh.

#1 - Keith - 5yo, born at the hospital
#2 - Henry - 1yo (barely!), born at home

This one will be a homebirth too

Amy... mom to
Keith, Henry and Caroline
#16 of 73 Old 11-27-2007, 01:45 PM

Hi everyone!

I'm estimating DD at 08/01/08 since I tend to ovulate really late in my cycle. This was my first full PP cycle.

Our son is just about 17 months. I'm hoping to keep nursing him throughout the pregnancy.

Oh, yeah. DS was a natural (fast) hospital birth. Spent most of labor in the shower. Really sped things along. This baby will be a hospital birth too, but I'm hoping midwife attended. We live in a really rural area, and just aren't comfortable with a HB in these circumstances.

So excited to be here!

Mama to my beautiful boys born 6/29/06, 7/29/08, & 11/09/10.
#17 of 73 Old 11-27-2007, 01:55 PM

Alright, I'm taking the plunge and posting! I've been too nervous to even believe in this pregnancy for a week now!

I'm due with #1 on August 4, 2008. I conceived with frozen donor sperm, doing my IUIs at home with the help of a friend who's a nurse. I would love to do a homebirth, but my insurance won't cover it, and after going into debt to buy all this sperm (who knew???), I really can't afford to pay out of pocket.

Hey, Baker, you're a fellow Rhode Islander, no? Where did you deliver your first?

Congratulations to everyone!

A, partner to J, mama to O, now with a new username!

Building queer family since 2008!

(and oh, did i mention we're having twins?!?)

#18 of 73 Old 11-27-2007, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelaM View Post

Hey, Baker, you're a fellow Rhode Islander, no? Where did you deliver your first?
Oh WOW, I totally missed that your from providence! We should get together! I'll PM you to save everyone the side chat.

I delivered at Newport hospital and it was a great place hospital wise, I actually switched from W&I in my 8th month after seeing Newport's rooms and private baths! The rooms are huge, with LARGE windows, and only about 20 beds on the whole floor, also they are really focus more on natural so their C/S rate is lower than RI.

I would have to say their Lactation Services were not so hot, they say they are baby friendly and I can tell overall they are BUT I still left with a bottle because they did not know how to fix the problems I was having. NOT so HOT! : I wish I knew more about who to trust and more importantly who NOT to trust. But if basically your BFing follows the normal course of with minor latch issues and you don't have any crazy strange problems like we did then I think the staff their is great for those kinds of things.

We should get together to chat, I have been searching out MW for awhile and i think I found "the one" if you need to go to the hospital.

#19 of 73 Old 11-27-2007, 06:56 PM

This is my second pregnancy this year with a mc in Jan 2007. I am 38 (almost 39) and this pregnancy has the exact due date as my DD was. Weird. I have a 2 year 4 month old daughter. DD was born C sec due to full placenta previa. We are looking into a homebirth or birthing center VBAC--depending on who we can find to assist. My EDD is 7/31/2008, but I have no idea when I ovulated due to really differend cycles each month. I am also BFing and am a LLLeader here in Los Angeles. I can't remember if my nausea had kicked in yet in my last couple of pregnancies, but I am feeling pretty good, though tired with what has now become all night nursing-ugh (we cosleep).
#20 of 73 Old 11-28-2007, 01:15 AM

I dont know when i am due, except the frist week or so of august.

I have 3 girls, several angels, and we are excited and nervous. The planned birth is a water homebirth.

Melissa- homeschooling mom to Samantha ( 9) Gabby ( 8) Emma (6) and Diesel (12 months) and Rachel Rebecca Brock Erik Joe Noah 6-25-10 5 early miscarriages
#21 of 73 Old 11-28-2007, 09:53 PM

[Hi! Just made it here, with a EDD of August 3 for baby #2.

My daughter Alex is 2 1/2. She was born in the hospital with an independent midwife and no pain meds, and I'm planning to go the same route with #2.]

I was wondering how this works, having an independant midwife in a hospital. It seems like most hospitals wouldn't allow this since it would be risky insurance wise. Do you mind sharing your experience?
#22 of 73 Old 11-29-2007, 12:25 AM

Hi all!! My partner Gabe and I are expecting our first child on August 3rd. We are moving to Aberdeen South Dakota come February or March. We are looking for experienced midwives in minnesota or north dakota willing to assist us in a home birth. We are so so excited!! Anyone have any ideas??
#23 of 73 Old 11-29-2007, 03:48 PM

I am due August 10th and this will be our second child. I am cautiously excited, as it's still pretty early (just got "the line" this morning), but am excited to be here! I look forward to getting to know you!
We had a MW/unmedicated awesome labour with our first, in the hospital. We will likely do the same for the next one. I'd love a home birth, but we live 1+ hour from the hospital. We were home 4 hours after I delivered DD, as everything went well, so it wasn't a big deal for me to deliver there.

fridgeart, lucky mum to E (5) and Ro (2)
#24 of 73 Old 11-29-2007, 11:22 PM

: Mamas! I am SO happy to be here! This will be baby #4 for us, I am due August 1st and we are planning another homebirth.

We have a 4 yr. old DS who was born at the hospital. After 30 beautiful hours of labor at home, arriving at the hospital dilated to a 9, I still ended up with pitocin, epidural and episiotomy.

Our twins are 23 months old and were born at home in the water on New Year's Eve. :

Blessed mama of four
::
#25 of 73 Old 11-30-2007, 01:07 AM

Hi everyone!!! New here, and excited to join. Mama to one smarty pants 18 mo who told a stranger today when she asked how old dd was-- "18 months". LOL. That mama was surprised to hear dd answer the question! Of course, dd will probably say she is 18 months now until she is 5 yo, lol.

Hoping hoping hoping that all goes well, and I'll stay in the August duedate club! Early days, yet.

I had dd in hospital, no meds, long pacing labor with my best friend as a fantastic doula. I'll be almost 40 when this bean is due, yikes!!!
#26 of 73 Old 11-30-2007, 01:27 AM

This is baby #3 for us.
My first - Hannah (7 3/4) was born in hospital almost au natural (they don't offer epiderals here but I gladly tried a shot of demerol!) after 33 1/2 hours of labour and the doc having to break my water.
My second Emma (5) was also born in hospital but in a surprisingly less amount of time - only 5 hours and my water had broken on its own at home.
When I did the calc using my ovulation date I get July 30th as my EDD but my doc today argued that my date is Aug 3rd so we are placing bets! :-)

Jenn (36), wife to DH for 13 years, DD1(13) , DD2(10) and DS(4)

#27 of 73 Old 11-30-2007, 08:44 AM

My EDD is 8/14/08 based on ovulation, this will be our first child.

''''

#28 of 73 Old 11-30-2007, 01:15 PM

All I'll claim as a due date is August, but I'm here!

This is our second child. Our first is in heaven.
#29 of 73 Old 11-30-2007, 03:17 PM

Hey! I'm due first week of August (but maybe last week July??).

This is my second, first is Naima 2 1/2 years old.
#30 of 73 Old 11-30-2007, 04:22 PM

I'm here too - not sure if late July or early August, and nervous about everything until I see a heartbeat.

My ds will be two in a month. My favorite thing that he says is "uh-oh geddyo!"
He was a very easy labor - I got bumped from birth center to l&d floor b/c of meconium, but then it was a 4-hour labor with no meds. If all goes well, I'm worried about having this one in the car!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page