Other pregnant nursing mamas? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-26-2007, 04:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Does anyone know offhand if Mother's Milk tea is safe during pregnancy? I thought I remembered it was a no... TIA.

Tracey, mama of 5 beloved children here with me on Earth and one precious son I will meet again in Heaven 6/17/09 - 9/6/09.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2007, 06:20 PM

I just found out yesterday!! Just about 4 weeks. I'm technically due 9/1/08, but I didn't get to 40 weeks with either of my other children so I highly doubt I will this time. I am still nursing #2. He is nightweaned and only nurses when he asks during the day (he does the "milk" sign) which is about 5 times a day. I had planned to at least get to 18 months especially since he was 6 weeks early. I'll just have to see how I feel. I'm not sure how my milk will hold out either. So far it is not uncomfortable at all and he keeps getting colds so I don't feel he should wean yet.
Old 12-26-2007, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangozulu View Post
Does anyone know offhand if Mother's Milk tea is safe during pregnancy? I thought I remembered it was a no... TIA.
I know that the Earth Mama Angel Baby mother's tea is not safe during pregnancy, but this is ok. My friend used it just fine. http://www.motherlove.com/product_mo..._glycerite.php
Old 12-26-2007, 10:51 PM

Still going strong here. My ds is 17 mos and still nurses several times a day and once at night. I'm thankfully not sore and not feeling much m/s. I hope that is because of the nursing. I did nurse my dd until I was 12 weeks pg w/ my ds, she self weaned. I'm thinking that I'll be tandem nursing this time, as ds nurses so much more than my dd ever did at this age. I still don't know my due date, as I haven't had a PP af yet!

TF, BF, CD, HS, AP'ing Mama!

Old 12-27-2007, 03:02 PM

I am nursing my 13 month old and I am due around 08/13/2008. I will be nursing until my toddler self-weans.

Chelci

Chelci  Anthony, parents to:  E- 11/2006, A- 07/2008, and K- 09/2014.
A Few Facts About Our Family  

Old 12-27-2007, 03:49 PM

Nursing is starting to give me cramps if he does it too long. This concerns me. I suppose I need to teach him some limitations.

Mom of a 7 yr old, 4 yr old, and 1 yr old. Wow. How did that happen?
Old 12-27-2007, 04:21 PM - Thread Starter

I've been sooo sick the last few days and DD has been nursing soooo much. She's been nursing for a couple hours each morning between 5 and 7 am after I bring her into bed with us. Last night, she slept until 4am and I nursed her and put her back in her crib and then she slept until 9:30. I have felt better today than I have in weeks. I think the long nursing session in the early morning was pushing my body too much. It could also be the massive quantites of lasagna I have been consuming Anyone else feeling like nursing and morning sickness are related?
Old 12-27-2007, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetney View Post
Anyone else feeling like nursing and morning sickness are related?
I have never heard or read that. It makes sense, to me, that pregnancy and nursing put a lot of demands on your body though.
Old 12-29-2007, 05:03 AM

I thought I'd posted in this thread earlier in the month but I mustn't have. DS is almost 21 mths and still not night-weaned. We're planning to nightwean soon... we just moved and our other bedroom is full of the owner's furniture, so when that is moved, DS will probably sleep beside daddy for a while. Nursing is painful but he's catching on with the open wide to get a good latch thing, and then it isn't so painful. But I am going insane with the lack of sleep. He hasn't started complaining of a drop in supply but who knows. I really would love to tandem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jule924 View Post
I just found out yesterday!! Just about 4 weeks. I'm technically due 9/1/08, but I didn't get to 40 weeks with either of my other children so I highly doubt I will this time. I am still nursing #2. He is nightweaned and only nurses when he asks during the day (he does the "milk" sign) which is about 5 times a day. I had planned to at least get to 18 months especially since he was 6 weeks early. I'll just have to see how I feel. I'm not sure how my milk will hold out either. So far it is not uncomfortable at all and he keeps getting colds so I don't feel he should wean yet.
I see in your siggy that your second babe was born at 34 weeks, what about your first? I'm a little worried this one may try to come earlier than my 1st, and I'm wondering if you have read much about nursing during pregnancy when you've had a previous preemie birth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTH3989 View Post
I am nursing my 13 month old and I am due around 08/13/2008. I will be nursing until my toddler self-weans.

Chelci
DS was born at 36 weeks as well. Do you worry at all about nursing causing premature labor with this babe? Obviously I don't know the circumstances around your 13mth old's birth, but mine was SROM at 36+3... barely preterm, but still enough to bother me that this one may come even earlier, and that nursing may up the chance of that happening.

write@home mama to big boy (04-06) and little boy (10-08)
and someone new in november stork-suprise.gif

User Tag List