So, where's everyone having their baby? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

View Poll Results: Where are you having this baby?
Hospital 85 41.46%
Free Standing Birth Center 18 8.78%
Home (midwife assisted) 86 41.95%
Unassisted 12 5.85%
Did I forget something? 4 1.95%
Voters: 205. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 95 Old 01-03-2008, 02:37 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hospital for me as well. Got completely shut down on VBA2C yesterday, and was told I'll be scheduled for my 3rd section : I'm hoping that maybe I will go into labor on my own and get that VBA2C anyway But when it boils down to it, I just want the peanut here healthily & safely, no matter where that may be

Meredyth partners.gif Travis, Mama to my boys J, L, E & my girl B
Bella Rose is here 07/29/10!
Always missing my angel1.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 95 Old 01-03-2008, 08:06 PM

the midwife practice we're with does water births in a hospital
#63 of 95 Old 01-06-2008, 01:04 AM

We will be in the hospital with our midwife.

Last pregnancy, because of medical reason, I was required to labour in the hospital. I hope to be at home for longer this time.

Mama to two beautiful children. 

#64 of 95 Old 01-06-2008, 01:06 AM

I am planning to have a homebirth, but I still have a little convincing to do to DH. He doesn't exactly think it is worth the money. The way I see it, there is no way that I am giving birth in our hospital ever again and if he doesn't want to spend the money, then we will be having an unassisted birth.

Jessica ~ SAHM to Julianne (5-19-07) & Jocelyn (8-10-08) #3 12-25-10
Wife to my best friend and love of my life
#65 of 95 Old 01-06-2008, 04:00 PM

Unassisted at home.

I had my 3rd at home with a midwife, and my 4th at home unassisted. I tried so hard to hire a midwife but there were none to be had. It is the same this time and honestly, I can't see why I need one. Not to mention, if I ever found one, she would be at least a 4 hour car drive away, and I had my last in 4 hours 15 mins, from the time I woke until he was born...
#66 of 95 Old 01-10-2008, 03:24 AM
Banned

We are going unassisted. Our first two were hospital births and horrific! You think I would have learned after the first. Anyway the third was at a free standing birth center(even though I was perfectly happy on the floor at home dh made me ride in the van This time I am confident in my instincts and my body. I do not fear what my body was made for!! God bless all of you and your choices.
#67 of 95 Old 01-10-2008, 07:25 PM

Hospital for this one too. The first time around we had such a great experience there.
#68 of 95 Old 01-11-2008, 05:21 PM

I hope it's okay to just jump in and post. I'm new around here.

I'm also planning a home birth with my fantastic (and illegal) midwife. I've beyond excited.
#69 of 95 Old 01-16-2008, 09:20 PM

Well this will most likely be a repeat c-section...or what some peps call elective. I've had 3 already...I've wanted to have a water birth so bad, but I would be so terrified if something went wrong and trying VBA3C...plus I had a m/c in September...so I'm a little on edge.
#70 of 95 Old 01-16-2008, 09:53 PM

I am planning a homebirth with the same mw that caught my ds. I was "unassisted" in my first birth until 9 cm dilation (first check by midwife) and she pretty much just helped me catch him so I pretty much had an unassisted homebirth with a midwife present last time. I hope to do the same this time but we are in the process of finishing building a house so if it isn't done and we sell our current house I am not sure where we will be living...in that case we may move to a freestanding birth center not far away that my mw catches babies in too. Can't wait!

AP, Homeschooling, Part-Time working mom with 3 rambunctious boys fencing.gifbabyf.gifall born with love at home. (04 & 08 & 12).

#71 of 95 Old 01-17-2008, 08:59 PM

I live in Wyoming. There are very FEW choices for midwives here- as in 2 or 3. Most who were practicing are now not practicing at all because there was a midwife that was prosecuted this year. So... that leaves us with very few choices. On one hand an epidural sounds great but on the other hand, that feeling of snuggling up in my own bed after the baby comes is unforgettable also. We will probably end up going UC with a doula (I did manage to find one who will attend and support at UC) and some close homebirth supporting friends. I don't like feeling like I have limited choices. Ideally I would have a midwife here at home to help, but...
#72 of 95 Old 01-21-2008, 12:46 AM

Homebirth with a midwife for me!
#73 of 95 Old 01-29-2008, 02:02 PM

Homebirth again-everything willing. This time, I REALLY hope to have him/her in the birthtub!!!

Kara, Chad, dd L(5) and ds E(3) and expecting baby E on Valetine's Day grouphug.gif~We are a home-birthing, baby-wearing, home-made, co-sleeping, no-vax, crafting(both of items and of magick!), green living and loving family in Southern NH

#74 of 95 Old 02-17-2008, 03:07 PM

I have to revise my answer. I had a lousy feeling from my mw (the only one in the area) so I'll be having this baby in a hospital.

In the end, only three things matter: how much you loved, how gently you lived, and how gracefully you let go of things not meant for you." Buddha

#75 of 95 Old 02-17-2008, 03:37 PM

We finally decided on a homebirth with a midwife (or two). This will be my first homebirth and a VBAC. When I first started thinking of birthing at home I felt completely at ease about the birth, but now that I've committed to it and have begun reading about natural birth at home I'm feeling more nervous. I think I need to get the facts and read fewer stories. All things said both dh and I are totally excited about a homebirth. We live 5 minutes from a hospital so if we need to we can go there. Also, we met with the most fabulous midwife team. Our primary midwife is very calm and listens well, while the secondary midwife (who will also be at the birth) is very knowledgeable about intervening when needed. Meeting the midwives if what changed dh's mind from frightened about homebirthing to excited about it. I'm glad to see so many others choosing homebirthing, it's nice to have people in the same boat, but I also understand about wanting a hospital birth, that's where my first two were born.

Wife to James mom to dd(1999) ds1(2001)and ds2(7/08)
: * : * * : * * :
#76 of 95 Old 02-18-2008, 02:41 PM

After much soul searching and finacial crunching, we are again going with a homebirth. I'm so excited as it's what I wanted from the start but was worried it wouldn't be possible this time around. Woohoo!
#77 of 95 Old 02-18-2008, 04:25 PM

iam doing a vbac in the hospital hubby is totally agaist a homebirth soo i agreed to do the birth in a hospital if he agreed to hire a doula and let me labor at home as long as possiable

soo we both get what we what i get my doula and home labor and he gets the obgyn and hospital hahahah

if i had my way it would be a homebirth midwife and a doula but i guess i need to do somethings his way to make him happy right hahah

Amanda mom to Mahmoud 7-20-06, Kareem 8-23-08, and Baby #3 due May 19th 2011
#78 of 95 Old 02-19-2008, 05:18 PM

hey new here and cant figure out how to start new thread
not to computer savvy
wanted to know if anyone is in the fredericksburg,va area
and if so what midwives your going with or have used/ heard good things about
thanks
oh me i'll be going for homebirth
3 rd baby second homebirth

maya mama to dd 10,ds 5,ds 21m &15weeks
#79 of 95 Old 02-19-2008, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyshanti View Post
hey new here and cant figure out how to start new thread
not to computer savvy
wanted to know if anyone is in the fredericksburg,va area
and if so what midwives your going with or have used/ heard good things about
thanks
oh me i'll be going for homebirth
3 rd baby second homebirth
me again i found how to start a new thread haha

maya mama to dd 10,ds 5,ds 21m &15weeks
#80 of 95 Old 02-20-2008, 04:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytomahmoud View Post
iam doing a vbac in the hospital hubby is totally agaist a homebirth soo i agreed to do the birth in a hospital if he agreed to hire a doula and let me labor at home as long as possiable

soo we both get what we what i get my doula and home labor and he gets the obgyn and hospital hahahah

if i had my way it would be a homebirth midwife and a doula but i guess i need to do somethings his way to make him happy right hahah
Hey Amanda,
And you never know, you could labor at home "too" long and end up with a hb. oops

Zoie, granola mum to three boys on earth, one girl who soars  
#81 of 95 Old 02-20-2008, 04:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forsythia View Post
Well this will most likely be a repeat c-section...or what some peps call elective. I've had 3 already...I've wanted to have a water birth so bad, but I would be so terrified if something went wrong and trying VBA3C...plus I had a m/c in September...so I'm a little on edge.
Hi Forsythia,
I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you to get that waterbirth or vab3c or csection that makes you both happy and healthy. No matter what, I wish you a gentle birth experience. You and I both have the same timeline going. Our dc were lost in Sept and our new dc are due in Aug. I totally understand your nervousness. I'll be holding your hand online, will you hold mine?

Zoie, granola mum to three boys on earth, one girl who soars  
#82 of 95 Old 03-05-2008, 06:29 PM

Midwife assisted homebirth.

Homesteading Mama to homeschoolin' kiddos London (10) ; Alexander (8) :; Holden (5) :; and Sergei born at home 8/18/08
#83 of 95 Old 03-11-2008, 01:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoie2013 View Post
Hi Forsythia,
I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you to get that waterbirth or vab3c or csection that makes you both happy and healthy. No matter what, I wish you a gentle birth experience. You and I both have the same timeline going. Our dc were lost in Sept and our new dc are due in Aug. I totally understand your nervousness. I'll be holding your hand online, will you hold mine?
I will definitely be holding your hand! How thoughtful for you to think of me. Looks like we both have toddlers too! My youngest was born 6/06... I'm so sorry for your loss in Sept. Hugs!
#84 of 95 Old 03-19-2008, 01:00 PM

Can I change my answer My dilemma was not finding an available MW for HB, but I did as of this morning. So God willing, I will have a HBA2C!!!

Meredyth partners.gif Travis, Mama to my boys J, L, E & my girl B
Bella Rose is here 07/29/10!
Always missing my angel1.gif
#85 of 95 Old 03-25-2008, 08:47 PM

We are going to have a hospital birth with a midwife. We are new in town so I have heard diff. stories about the hospital and the midwife. Pros and cons. I'd love a homebirth but the midwife won't accept my insurance b/c they pay next to nothing for the HB. So, we are going to be at the hospital. I had my first in a hospital and everything went alright w/o interventions or meds. It should go fine, I feel more confident b/c it's baby number 2 and so I really am going to stay home very long...I don't want to be at the hospital any longer than I need to.
#86 of 95 Old 04-01-2008, 11:32 PM

I am doing it at home with a midwife, but my midwife is just going to be there to 'watch'. I want to deliver my baby MYSELF! My midwife is such a good sport, I can't wait!

Latina Mama of 3 and Wife of a great man since 1997
: : : : : : :
#87 of 95 Old 04-14-2008, 10:56 AM

I'm planning a home birth with a midwife. Will also set up for waterbirth as I really like to labor in the water. My first birth was in the hospital with a midwife.
#88 of 95 Old 04-19-2008, 02:16 PM

at providence medical
#89 of 95 Old 04-23-2008, 10:00 PM

We'll be having our baby at the Mountain Midwifery Center in Denver. I'd love to do a homebirth, but DH isn't entirely comfortable with that, so this is a nice compromise. Midwives, and a hospital nearby that they use for back-up in case something goes wrong. Non-interventionist care, and they let labor progress as it's going to.

Laura wife to Dan , BFing Babywearing RadicalUSing SAHM to my free range kid Craig (12/20/93) and eventual free range kid Danny (8/26/08)
#90 of 95 Old 05-05-2008, 10:51 PM

I'm planning a homebirth (my husband's sister homebirthed 16yrs ago, so he's already broke in!). I'll have my Naturopath, who is also a midwive, her friend, a CNM, and a wonderful doula, as I can't doula myself!

I've very excited and everything is falling into place!

~C

: CDing, Co-Sleeping, APing, breastfeeding, organic farming, wife to DH R, and mama to DD C, 3Sept2008

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page