So have you told anyone yet? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 19 Old 12-02-2007, 12:22 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just found out I am pregnant. We arent telling anyone until after Christmas. The reason being is that my sister is preggo too. She has lost a couple and this is her first. I want to make sure she is ok before I announce ours. It would be totally sad if she lost hers and I continued on.
#2 of 19 Old 12-02-2007, 01:10 AM

Mentioned: 104 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Hi,
We found out this morning and have told our parents (but not brothers and step-sisters) and one close friend (she has two kids and is a doula and a childbirth educator, so we will be asking her lots of questions)...I plan to tell my two best friends, and that will be it for now...I decided to tell everyone who I would be comfortable, or even need, to have know if there was a problem and the pregnancy didn't continue. I thought that I would want to tell EVERYONE...but I am finding myself more nervous thank I'd expected, and feeling a bit more private than usual.

Aimee, mom to Mirah b. 08/09/08
and my angel, Nico, , lost to us at 19 weeks gestation, 12/27/12
Longing for our rainbow
#3 of 19 Old 12-02-2007, 09:11 AM

I've told people. I finally broke down and told my mother the other day too - I wanted to wait until, oh, July to tell her lol. Unfortunately we live in the same small town as my parents and they would have found out soon anyways.

Amy... mom to
Keith, Henry and Caroline
#4 of 19 Old 12-02-2007, 10:36 AM

I told one freind who has a baby girl that was also born in August. I will tell my other two best friends at least by Friday, since we were scheduled to meet for drinks then they'd know anyway as soon as I ordered something non-alcoholic. We plan to tell everyone else around New Year's. It's kinda fun for DH and I to be keeping such a delicious secret.

''''

#5 of 19 Old 12-02-2007, 10:37 AM

I told my mom's playgroup and thats it.

Mountain Biking bikenew.gifMama of 3 little beans, .      Epumped 1pump.gif 22mths for dd1 (2006) notes.gif
Nursed fly-by-nursing1.gifmy homebirth.jpg babe, dd2 (2008) until self weaned at 3yrsbouncy.gif. We survived a major nursing strike.

Awesome homebirth.jpg for Baby #3 who turned out to be a babygirl.gif (Aug 2013)!   

#6 of 19 Old 12-02-2007, 11:31 AM

We told dh's family and they are telling everyone. I haven't told my family yet, though. My mom is coming to visit after Christmas so I think I will tell her then.

Blessed mama of four
::
#7 of 19 Old 12-02-2007, 11:43 AM

I've only told my 2 best friends. I think we'll tell my MIL next week.
#8 of 19 Old 12-02-2007, 12:31 PM
hyz

We haven't told anyone yet. I thought I'd be bursting to tell at least my parents and a few best friends the second we found out, but I've been so nervous about the possibility of m/c that I really don't want to tell anyone anything at least until we hear a strong heartbeat. DH has always wanted to keep it quiet until things were more sure, so he's glad for my change of heart.

Mom to sweet DD 8/08, and adorable DS 10/20/10
#9 of 19 Old 12-02-2007, 02:33 PM

I told my in-laws & the ladies in our parent & tots program. I wasn't going to tell anyone but my in-laws, but one of the women came up to me & said "Carley I had a dream you were pregnant!" I couldn't keep it to myself after that! Crazy!

I'll probably tell the rest of my family at Christmas, though I might wait even longer if they don't notice my bump. Yes, I have one already!

Wife to my of 10 years, SAHM to my 2 beautiful homebirthed girls Sydney (4/29/2006) Kennedy (3/21/2010) & 1 super Newfoundland
#10 of 19 Old 12-02-2007, 02:38 PM

I have told my family, and my dd's babysitter. But no one at work, and my best friends are far away and haven't told them yet, though I definitely would have if I could see them in person! I will quite soon though....but work, that's another story. I don't know how long I'll wait there exactly, but a while yet.
#11 of 19 Old 12-02-2007, 04:24 PM

We as a rule do not tell anyone until the second trimester
#12 of 19 Old 12-02-2007, 07:06 PM

Not telling anyone until after the first of the year. I'm hoping to hold out until Valentine's Day!
#13 of 19 Old 12-02-2007, 08:14 PM

We found out this morning and told DH's parents a couple hours later (in person). I don't know how long we'll wait to tell other people. With DS we thought we'd keep a secret for the first trimester but we totally couldn't. Everyone knew by like 6 weeks. Anyway with holiday parties and New Year's Eve coming up, if our friends and family see me NOT having wine/champagne they'll be all over it. I'll have to carry a glass around to fake them out .
#14 of 19 Old 12-02-2007, 10:33 PM

I had to tell my sister because we are messing up her wedding : and then we told the rest of my family, DH's family, and a few very close friends. Holy smokes, that's a lot of people!
#15 of 19 Old 12-02-2007, 10:56 PM

yeah we told everyone. I wanted to wait until x-mas but I am already showing and not feeling very well so i knew family would know because we see them a lot and live in a small town so by telling them, we had to tell our other 2 kids and in doing so....the whole world knows. LOL Hopefully nothing happens so i have to untell people. Does anyone know if having 2 previous healthy pg's and a normal cycle and good health dictate a low risk for m/c? (I know sometimes it happens for unknown reasons but should my concern be minimal?)

Jenn (36), wife to DH for 13 years, DD1(13) , DD2(10) and DS(4)

#16 of 19 Old 12-03-2007, 01:08 AM

I found out right before Thanksgiving and told my immediate family and close friends then. I conceived with donor sperm, and my family and friends have been very involved and supportive throughout the process, so I wanted to tell them right away. Also, I had an early pregnancy loss in June, and the fact that a bunch of people knew that I was pregnant was actually great - I don't know what I would have done without their emotional support. So, I'm hoping that things will be much stickier this time, but if they aren't, I will be counting on the love and support of my friends and family who already know that I'm pregnant again.

A, partner to J, mama to O, now with a new username!

Building queer family since 2008!

(and oh, did i mention we're having twins?!?)

#17 of 19 Old 12-04-2007, 07:18 PM

We've told our 2 closest friend-couples.
When we tell others may be determined by whether I have a visible bump or not (which I'd love!) Otherwise, it'll atleast be January. Family circumstances dictate that people will know by March anyway.

My sister is due in 3 weeks. That's part of why I want to wait.
#18 of 19 Old 12-04-2007, 07:54 PM

We told 2 good friends (they are due in June), and I told my department head at work so she will hopefully understand my tiredness/spaciness We will tell everyone at Christmas. It's a little early, but everyone will be around, so it's good timing! I can't wait!

fridgeart, lucky mum to E (5) and Ro (2)
#19 of 19 Old 12-04-2007, 09:36 PM

We have told our 2 best friends and that is it. We wil likely tell the kids in January, and i would like to tell my family AFTER i have the baby LOL

Melissa- homeschooling mom to Samantha ( 9) Gabby ( 8) Emma (6) and Diesel (12 months) and Rachel Rebecca Brock Erik Joe Noah 6-25-10 5 early miscarriages

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page