Date Confusion? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 12-07-2007, 01:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just hoping for a little validation in my thinking...

My LMP was Oct. 19th, which going by normal cycle standards (which I normally have) I ovulated/conceived approximately Nov 1st. I'd be due around July 25th.

BUT my LMP was also my first period without my IUD (removed Oct. 16th), and it lasted 2 weeks. So its not really a normal cycle.

I had some spotting, very light on Nov 20-21st. I think this was implantation bleeding, but it occurred almost 20 days after when I would have ovulated (going off of my LMP). That is too long! So in actuality I think I must be due a week into August.

I know for sure that we had sex about 4 or 5 days before this spotting. A little close for implantation, but still possible right? Ugh, I don't know. I feel like a difference in due date of almost 2 weeks is significant, but maybe it doesn't really matter.

I just don't know if I should present my half-baked ideas to my MW. This will be my first time using a MW, do they usually seem open to the idea of dating by implantation bleeding? I'm very clear on the fact that its not reliable, but I feel sure on this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 12-07-2007, 03:01 PM

I would talk to my MW! If they are not open to the idea you have the WRONG MW. Also they may suggest an ultrasound for dating purposes. That is totally up to you, you don't have to have it if you don't want it.

You probably did not O on you normal schedule since your bleeding lasted for so long. Did you happen to keep track of anything like when you BDed or CM during the last month for more detailed information. Also when did you get your first positive that could also be helpful.

I MCed last cycle so my period was also longer than normal it though off my O day by the same amount of days longer my period was. I am not saying that is the norm but just what happened to me.

Mountain Biking bikenew.gifMama of 3 little beans, .      Epumped 1pump.gif 22mths for dd1 (2006) notes.gif
Nursed fly-by-nursing1.gifmy homebirth.jpg babe, dd2 (2008) until self weaned at 3yrsbouncy.gif. We survived a major nursing strike.

Awesome homebirth.jpg for Baby #3 who turned out to be a babygirl.gif (Aug 2013)!   

#3 of 6 Old 12-07-2007, 09:59 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for answering

No I wasn't keeping track of anything, I wasn't expecting or trying to get pregnant. I got my first positive on Nov 28th, last Wednesday. It was a very dark line, no doubts about it!

I'll definitely mention it to my MW then, I was starting to think I was going a little crazy. I've never not known when I conceived, so it feels weird being in limbo.
#4 of 6 Old 12-07-2007, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SN-Mommy View Post
I've never not known when I conceived, so it feels weird being in limbo.
I forgot to mention that this is almost exactly the same situation I was in with my first DD. I never kept track of ANYTHING not even the date of my LMP. So I had no idea when I conceived, we were not "trying" but we were not using any contraception either. I basically just knew a few days before AF was coming by feeling and would stock my purse with tampons. Well AF never came and on top of it I got bit by a dog (in the stomach , I still have the scars where the few teeth that actually broke skin )and came down with what I though was the stomach flu, well actually it was MAJOR MS so life was a little crazy. By the time I realized that I had missed AF I was about 6wks by my best guess. The line was SUPER dark and showed up the same time as the control. I agreed to a vaginal US for dating and came up in about the same time frame as my guess. I ended up going 4 days before the US EDD so their was no problem with me being late and not really knowing when I conceived.

Mountain Biking bikenew.gifMama of 3 little beans, .      Epumped 1pump.gif 22mths for dd1 (2006) notes.gif
Nursed fly-by-nursing1.gifmy homebirth.jpg babe, dd2 (2008) until self weaned at 3yrsbouncy.gif. We survived a major nursing strike.

Awesome homebirth.jpg for Baby #3 who turned out to be a babygirl.gif (Aug 2013)!   

#5 of 6 Old 08-02-2008, 10:44 AM - Thread Starter

Wow, I forgot I asked about this so long ago...

Well here I am into August, so I'm guessing my first instinct about the implantation bleeding was right. I did end up with a dating ultrasound that put me at July 22nd. Now its 1.5 weeks after that, so I'm sure that was likely WRONG

I just feel like an idiot for getting my hopes into a July baby
#6 of 6 Old 08-02-2008, 10:56 AM

I had an u/s which showed I was due in July 30, according to my LMP I was due Aug. 1, so it might or might not help to get an u/s I've seen/heard some women going up to 43 wks gestation! I went up to 42 wks with my first AND I was induced, 3 days of labor! : I regretted, my baby wasn't ready I should've waited.

just hang in there, I know the feeling

Latina Mama of 3 and Wife of a great man since 1997
: : : : : : :

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page