Making the annoucement - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-10-2007, 02:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Has anyone started to tell people yet? If so, how did you do it?

Me, I put the pregnancy test in a gift box with a congrats card. My boyfriend opened the card and said, "congrats for what?" He opened the box and saw the test, not realizing what it was. When he did all he could do was say OH! Then he jumped up, kissing and hugging me. He wanted to call his parents ASAP but I told him to wait a minute and let this sink in. LOL

Book loverread.gif - Sewer sewmachine.gif - Movie lover lurk.gif - Mommy to a wonderful little boy (8/4/08) biggrinbounce.gif - Aspiring writer notes.gif - On a mission to lose 15 pounds - all-around cool chick hippie.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2007, 03:33 PM

There's a story with mine. This is our second baby - I had a miscarriage 5 months ago. When that happened, we had 5 friends who cried their eyes out with us. Family just :. So...
Those 5 are the only ones that know! They earned the right to be the first.

My parents will come visit at Christmas and we plan to tell them then.

My dh's family will all be together on Christmas Day. So we'll call then and let the whole family have something to yack about.
Old 12-10-2007, 04:05 PM

I'm with prayinfor12 -- I will only tell people whom I think would be there for me if I should lose the baby. With previous pregnancies I have told supportive family members and friends from the first day I got my bfp. This time, we are waiting a bit, mostly because even family and friends are going to be totally shocked that I am pregnant again (we were only planning 3 children).

Prayin -- I am sorry about your loss. I have been so fortunate in not experiencing one but it is one of my greatest fears because I can only imagine how devastating that would be.
Old 12-10-2007, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacelovingmama View Post
I will only tell people whom I think would be there for me if I should lose the baby.
That's pretty much what we decided. After DH, the first person to know was my brother, whose wedding we're screwing up (he's getting married the last week of July, so I won't be able to attend since I can't fly that close to my due date). I told my mom, dad, sister and mother-in-law the next day. So far they're the only ones who know, and we've asked them to keep quiet about it for now. But they're also all people whose support I would want if anything were to happen.

The woman who will be our midwife also happens to be one of my closest friends, so she'll probably find out this week, too.
Old 12-10-2007, 11:58 PM - Thread Starter

I finally told my parents tonight and they are excited. His parents are another story. He just found out that his mother is having a hsyterectomy (sp?) in the morning and he's stressed. I've told my best friend and immediate family and two co-workers (had to for scheduling purposes) but for the most part, I think we're going to wait until after the first doctor's appointment (Dec 31) to start spreading the news.

Book loverread.gif - Sewer sewmachine.gif - Movie lover lurk.gif - Mommy to a wonderful little boy (8/4/08) biggrinbounce.gif - Aspiring writer notes.gif - On a mission to lose 15 pounds - all-around cool chick hippie.gif

User Tag List