very early mamas, are you crampy? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 27 Old 12-11-2007, 06:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
: I'm coming out of lurkdom to ask a question, not quite ready to dive in here since this is my 3rd DDC this year.

I have to ask though, are any of the really early mamas still crampy? I'm not even late yet, 10 days post ovulation. I've been crampy since I ovulated and I'm still crampy.

Just hoping I'm not the only one.

Mama to a 5.5 yr old boy and a 2.5 yr old girl.  Expecting baby 3 (another girl!) late June
***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***stillheart.gif

#2 of 27 Old 12-11-2007, 06:58 PM

11dpo here.. I'm crampy. I'm still not 100% convinced I'm actually pg (but you probably know that from all the drama and pee stick pictures!). I've been sort of achey/full feeling in the uterus region. Today I had a few very sharp cramps that lasted about 10 minutes. I thought for sure AF was on her way, but nothing.

: for you
#3 of 27 Old 12-11-2007, 07:11 PM

I was very crampy all last week (week3-4). I even posted about it here. Not so much so this week though.

''''

#4 of 27 Old 12-11-2007, 07:26 PM

Hey, Rach! Glad to see you here.
Sticky baby dust!

All I can tell you is that I continued to feel like AF was comin' any minute until about 5 weeks. It does nothing to calm your nerves! But it seems normal.

How does the current crampiness compare to your typical PMS?
#5 of 27 Old 12-11-2007, 07:29 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks guys.

Hi PrayinFor12! It's not as bad as my worst days, like day 1 or 2. It's more like day 3 or 4. Not what I would call mild, but not to the point where I feel like I need to lay down with a heating pad (not that I can do that anyway!)

Mama to a 5.5 yr old boy and a 2.5 yr old girl.  Expecting baby 3 (another girl!) late June

#6 of 27 Old 12-11-2007, 08:03 PM

Oh, poor Rach. I know this is hard, but don't freak if it's not noticeably worse than PMS.

I'm still (6wk5d) having a big dull ache all across my abdomen. It's very diff than those pre-AF cramps that finished a week ago. But it's still a feeling, and in our situation that can be hard.

Last Sunday was the dpo I started bleeding at last time (if you haven't counted yet, don't you dare! it'll drive you nutso) But I made it through Sunday and didn't faint from fear or anything. I just say all that to say "I know the feeling."
#7 of 27 Old 12-11-2007, 08:08 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks PrayinFor12, it's definitely not worse than AF cramps. I remember being crampy when I was pregnant with DS, and that one turned out alright!

If I can just get to 10 weeks, I'll feel a lot better.

#8 of 27 Old 12-11-2007, 09:43 PM

I am still crampy and I am almost 3 weeks DPO. They are not super serious cramps but it feels like my period is going to come any time now.

OP, hang in there, try not to stress - I appreciate how stressful and scary this is!
#9 of 27 Old 12-12-2007, 12:47 AM

I was crampy before I got my bfp but have heard of lots of women who continue to feel crampy much longer. Grow baby grow!
#10 of 27 Old 12-12-2007, 01:41 AM

I got my BFP at 9dpo, but was so crampy from 6dpo to 12dpo that I had trouble believing my period wasn't right around the corner. I had an early m/c in June, and feeling those cramps made me positive that this pregnancy wouldn't stick.

Well, now I'm 6 weeks pregnant! Obviously, things can still go wrong, but at least I'm no longer feeling so horribly crampy.

Much, much baby dust to you!

A, partner to J, mama to O, now with a new username!

Building queer family since 2008!

(and oh, did i mention we're having twins?!?)

#11 of 27 Old 12-12-2007, 08:12 AM

I sam still extremely crampy and expecting AF to show at any time!

Mom of many minions . . . babyf.gif jumpers.gif     jumpers.gif     jumpers.gif
"And when our baby stirs and struggles to be born it compels humility: what we began is now its own." Margaret Mead 
#12 of 27 Old 12-12-2007, 10:08 AM

I felt crampy too. It was most of the time in my sides, but sometimes in the middle even or very deep feeling of crampiness. I've had 3 m/c in the last year too. I feel ok now, and I'm hoping things continue to go well. I do feel better now as far as cramps go, BUT I'm very sick now, so I'm hoping that it's a good sign too. Good luck Rach!!!

Tenk ~ happily married with lots of kids

#13 of 27 Old 12-12-2007, 10:20 AM

I'm now 5w4d and I still feel not crampy but a touch of something. It's actually kind of cool-with our son I felt the aches on my left side, which is where the placenta ended up and this is very clearly on the right. Cramps aches and even bleeding are all pretty normal. And I think nausea is pretty typically a good sign, although it is no fun!

Happy SAHM Mom and CBE to three jumpers.gifboys:  DS1 (11/06), DS2 (7/08), DS3 (11/10) and D?4 (12/12)!

#14 of 27 Old 12-12-2007, 10:30 AM

I'm crying as I type this (I'm so freaking emotional) because I've been cramping for the past two days. At first they were really sharp and then this morning I woke up and almost called 911. My mom said they were "growing pains" but I wasn't sure. I still spot a little every other day but nothing regularly. I was wondering if I should be concerned but I guess not. Or should i????

Book loverread.gif - Sewer sewmachine.gif - Movie lover lurk.gif - Mommy to a wonderful little boy (8/4/08) biggrinbounce.gif - Aspiring writer notes.gif - On a mission to lose 15 pounds - all-around cool chick hippie.gif

#15 of 27 Old 12-12-2007, 11:40 AM

Mentioned: 104 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
I am at 5 weeks 3 days and started getting crampy last night...also some v. light spotting...my first MW appointment is not for another 4 weeks...I really want to try to reschedule for sometime earlier...I am just really scared and want to hear a heartbeat especially since I have not been having morning sickness or nausea..

Aimee, mom to Mirah b. 08/09/08
and my angel, Nico, , lost to us at 19 weeks gestation, 12/27/12
Longing for our rainbow
#16 of 27 Old 12-12-2007, 11:46 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you guys.

I see there are a few other worried mamas here. Lots of We're gonna make it through these first few weeks, I just know it.

#17 of 27 Old 12-12-2007, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA_PI View Post
I'm crying as I type this (I'm so freaking emotional) because I've been cramping for the past two days. At first they were really sharp and then this morning I woke up and almost called 911. My mom said they were "growing pains" but I wasn't sure. I still spot a little every other day but nothing regularly. I was wondering if I should be concerned but I guess not. Or should i????
AKA_PI,
Nearly called 911 because of panic or because the pain was really that bad?
If it was the pain, maybe you should go ahead and go to a walk-in doc (so you could see someone today.) If nothing else, you could ask 50 questions and put your mind at ease.

If it was "just" panic, I do that too. :
#18 of 27 Old 12-12-2007, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrayinFor12 View Post
AKA_PI,
Nearly called 911 because of panic or because the pain was really that bad?
If it was the pain, maybe you should go ahead and go to a walk-in doc (so you could see someone today.) If nothing else, you could ask 50 questions and put your mind at ease.

If it was "just" panic, I do that too. :

I think it was more panic than pain, although the pain was pretty bad. My mom told me it common and not to worry unless I started to bleed heavily. Once I got up and started moving around, I felt fine.

Book loverread.gif - Sewer sewmachine.gif - Movie lover lurk.gif - Mommy to a wonderful little boy (8/4/08) biggrinbounce.gif - Aspiring writer notes.gif - On a mission to lose 15 pounds - all-around cool chick hippie.gif

#19 of 27 Old 12-12-2007, 04:09 PM

I don't want to freak anyone out but I have been crampy and am now bleeding as of 7am. I went to the hospital and they couldn't give me a definite answer. I have to go Friday for a follow up and see if my betacount went up or down. If it went up, I am still progressing, if it traveled south then I am miscarrying. Sprinkle some of that fairy dust this way please!!!
#20 of 27 Old 12-12-2007, 05:33 PM

I've been crampy on and off. With my first pregnancy I was lay in bed crampy the entire 1st trimester, and even bled off and on... so far the cramps are very mild compared to that!
#21 of 27 Old 12-12-2007, 09:34 PM

Mentioned: 104 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
I started spotting just a tiny amount last night, and have been fairly crampy all day (especially on the right side). So I called the midwife this afternoon-I was not scheduled to see him for the first time until January 14th. ( I am 5 and a half weeks). When I told him my symptoms he told me to come in tomorrow morning! So, now I am really nervous...I thought I was just being anxious, but now that I know the midwife is concerned...well, I am scared.

Aimee, mom to Mirah b. 08/09/08
and my angel, Nico, , lost to us at 19 weeks gestation, 12/27/12
Longing for our rainbow
#22 of 27 Old 12-14-2007, 02:10 AM

For those of you with the normal "growing pain" cramps. Going pee can help relieve them. The pressure from a full bladder can aggravate that growing uterus.
#23 of 27 Old 12-14-2007, 09:28 AM - Thread Starter

Trying not to jinx it, but my cramps seem to be getting better...now it's only if I do a little too much activity, but if I take it easy they are very very mild and few and far between.

Although I did wake up this morning with a freaking big painful Bartholin gland cyst. OUCH! :

#24 of 27 Old 12-14-2007, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach03 View Post
Trying not to jinx it, but my cramps seem to be getting better...now it's only if I do a little too much activity, but if I take it easy they are very very mild and few and far between.

Although I did wake up this morning with a freaking big painful Bartholin gland cyst. OUCH! :

I suffer from the bad cramps too and the nurse told me they were completely normal. She said they usually last through week 9 and its just your body trying to get use to a new addition. I almost called 911 mine were so bad the other morning. Just hang in there, drink plenty of water and take it easy.

Oh yeah, she told me to take it easy too (I'm a VERY active person). I noticed that once I lounged around and relaxed, I felt much better.

#25 of 27 Old 12-14-2007, 12:57 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks AKA, that's good to know.

The cramping isn't worrying me so much now...just have to get past the 1st trimester and maybe I can relax a little. That's a looooong way away!

#26 of 27 Old 12-14-2007, 06:18 PM

Hey Ladies!

5w1d, 22dpo, and definitely a little crampy for the last week or week and a half, similar to light period cramps but not as bad. It's good to hear I'm not the only one.

(Also, a due date club! wow!)
#27 of 27 Old 12-14-2007, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maagpie View Post
For those of you with the normal "growing pain" cramps. Going pee can help relieve them. The pressure from a full bladder can aggravate that growing uterus.
I noticed that peeing helped. it makes sense that it's pressure from the bladder on the uterus.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page