My old friends yeast infection and constipation... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 12-12-2007, 09:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What a bummer. I dealt this both of them through my entire last pregnancy and they are back full force. I tried every natural cure for yeast infections and ended up having one for about 4 months so I'm heading straight for the monistat this time around. Blech. As for constipation it's an ongoing battle. I love coconut meat and oil to help, lots of greens and fruits and prunes but you can never tell one day to the next what you're gonna get. I've had a horrible (and I mean really horrible) cold for the last week so this is really like the icing on the cake.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 12-12-2007, 09:52 PM

Sorry you're feeling so bad. That stinks. Being pregnant should be something we get to completely delight in. I hate that it brings so much discomfort.
#3 of 8 Old 12-12-2007, 10:06 PM

This may be too much information but, I used to get YI all the time then a Dr. pointed out that maybe I was not dry enough, I started to wipe myself after each shower really well and I have not had an infection since.

good luck, I know how uncomfortable it is
Jenn
#4 of 8 Old 12-13-2007, 09:36 AM

Have you tried garlic? Like actually chopping up garlic and taking it like a vitamin? Or even sticking one in the vagina? When I feel like i'm getting "something", I'll put a garlic up there and it really helps. I'm not sure if you can do that while pregnant, but it works great with me. Also, taking oil of oregano pills works great (My chiro recommended those- his wife takes them during each pregnancy to combat yeast).
#5 of 8 Old 12-13-2007, 03:12 PM - Thread Starter

I have tried EVERY natural remedy for yeast and nothing works except monistat. It sucks. I can't eat raw garlic because it really really upsets my stomach, but I eat a lot of it cooked. Right now I'm trying coconut oil as it has anti-fungal properties. I'm eating it and putting it "up there". So...if that doesn't start to work in a few days I'm off to the pharmacy. I'm hoping that I can at least get a handle on it so I don't have to go through what I did in my last pregnancy. Sheesh. I thought that oregano was contraindicated for pregnancy, but I looked it up and it's not on my list of no-no's. Maybe it's not ok internally while breastfeeding. I'm going to meet my midwife today so I'll ask her. Thanks for all the advice!
#6 of 8 Old 12-13-2007, 03:20 PM
Banned

I'm crashing this party to pick up some natural remedies for constipation, please!! (I'm in the June DDC)
#7 of 8 Old 12-13-2007, 03:56 PM

Happy,
I hear tale that chowing down on apples or chugging apple juice will fix it. Like in a scary fashion.
Oh hey, you may hear that flax works - and it does - but it'll mess up your hormones, so be careful there.
Good luck.
#8 of 8 Old 12-13-2007, 05:26 PM - Thread Starter

For constipation I have been eating prunes, drinking a lot of water, taking an additional cal/mag supplement (in the evening) and a probiotic supplement (morning and evening), eating lots of fresh veggies and fruits, and eating coconut meat and coconut oil. Other things that help are excersize and getting your blood flowing...I really love yoga stretches because it massages your internal organs. Use a stool beneath your feet if you are constipated this will help with the ease of elimination. Stomach massage can help but not in the first trimester...you want to go with the digestive tract so massage clockwise. "The Natural Pregnancy Book" seconds a lot of these and also says that iron defiency can cause constipation...a good remedy for this is a syurp made with dandelion and yellow dock roots in blackstrap molasses, and also bran. Hope this helps anyone else who may be suffering from constipation.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page