Aug 08 - Who We Are - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-20-2007, 12:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Somehow I didn't even see this sticky thread

My name is Lyn and I am married to Arron, we've only been married for 2 months, but we have been living together for almost 6 years.

I have 3 children from a previous marriage and he has 2 children from a previous marriage. We have 1 together (2 1/2) and expecting our 2nd together. So, we're a regular brady bunch I guess.

We couldn't be happier about this pregnancy and we are hoping for a girl!

Yesterday we had our first midwife appointment and had a transvaginal ultrasound and saw the baby for the first time with it's little heart beating DH actually said to me "Well, now you're like really pregnant, I feel like I gotta keep you cushioned and do everything so you don't have to" OKAY! DEAL! I have been feeling SOOOO tired and nauseated lately that I'd be more than happy to let him

Ok, so anyway, this is my 7th pregnancy (2 miscarriages + 4 children + this pregnancy) and I always get a weird look from people when they ask. Why are big families looked down on? (sorry seperate rant)

/wave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2007, 02:38 PM

Hi there!! We're pg with #4 and have 2 boys, and one angel baby. We are just over the moon!!! I'm anxious for VBA2C and hoping I can find someone that is willing to help me with that. Baby will be due around 8.25.08. Best of luck to all you mamas!!!

Meredyth partners.gif Travis, Mama to my boys J, L, E & my girl B
Bella Rose is here 07/29/10!
Always missing my angel1.gif
Old 12-20-2007, 04:50 PM

Hi Im whitney, due with number 2 8/8/08 or somewhere around there! I have one DD who is 2.5 and will be three before the new baby is born!!
Whitney
Old 12-20-2007, 05:09 PM

hello everyone!
like many, i'm thrilled to be here.
my name is michelle (26) and i'm planning a homebirth again. we have one son who is three. we are from chicago but now living in england while my husband pursues a degree in new testament. we are just starting to figure out the homebirth system here on this side of the atlantic.
congrats to all!
Old 12-20-2007, 11:38 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Hi, I'm Stella. I have a 3 year old son, Toby. He just had a birthday (we found out about this one the morning of his birthday!) and he still loves "milky". I'm 27 and married to Nate for 5 years. We live in Northern California. I'm really happy to be pregnant, but my partner is frieked out looking forward to a fun pregnancy! Oh yeah, I'm due the 24th.

Stella, wild and gentle mama to Toby(12/14/04), Cedar(8/17/08), Luca (3/15/14), and one on the way!

Old 12-21-2007, 01:46 AM

I'm so excited to be here! My name is Tabitha and I've been married for 3 1/2 years. We've been trying to get pregnant for 2 years and 2 months and I just had a positive blood test today after our first IUI two weeks ago. I think my due date will be August 28 This will be the first baby for both of us and we are very happy and still in shock!
Old 12-21-2007, 11:46 AM

Oops, I forgot to post here...

This is our second child, our first was born in February of 06. Due date of this little one is somewhere around Aug. 19. I'll be seeing the same midwives group as with my son, and my first visit is in late January.

An introvert and ain't ashamed of it!  love.gif
Old 12-21-2007, 01:48 PM

I just got a positive test last night! We are expecting baby #3 around 8/29/08!
Old 12-21-2007, 04:59 PM

We are expecting #2 around 8-29-08 :
Old 12-21-2007, 06:08 PM

Hi, I'm Erin, I am 33 and have been married for almost 15 years (yes, I got married at age 18, luckily I married a fantastic man and the love of my life!). We have a 14 year old daughter (Lily) and 2 sons that are 8 & 5 (John & JJ)

Positive test for #4 now, EDD 8-28-07
Old 12-21-2007, 06:34 PM

I'm due Aug 20 with a surprise pregnancy, but Ill probably do more hanging around the Sept. board as #1 was 9 days late and #2 was 12 days late.
Im going to be having my 3rd uc/up and Im really hoping for twins!!
Old 12-22-2007, 01:33 PM

Hi! I'm not sure if it will be the end of August or the beginning of September but here I am! My name is Hannah, I've been with my husband for five years and we have one wonderful, perfect little daughter who is 17 mo. I can't imagine how I'm going to chase after her pregnant but we'll see how this goes! We own a store and my husband is training to become a fireman so we are ALWAYS busy and always working. DD comes to the store with me everyday and is turning into a serious little salesgirl.
Anyway, we are planning our second homebirth. Hoping it is as uneventful as the last one. So far I'm just waiting for all that extra pregnant body heat to kick in! I've been freezing...: And we live in Tucson, AZ.
Good luck everyone!

Divorced mama to baby girl (7/5/06) and baby boy (8/5/08) Into anything fun and creative!
Old 12-23-2007, 11:20 AM

Okay, I'm finally adding my info here!

This is babe #2 for us! My DH and I have been married for 2.5 years. We have one son who is just about 18 months. We're due 8/4/08. I keep having baby girl dreams, but when I'm awake, I'm pretty sure the baby is a boy. We'll see!

We're thrilled to being a having a midwife attended birth this time! We had our first appointment about a week ago, and so far so good.

I am experiencing a fair bit of morning sickness, which I didn't have at all the first time around. Yuck!

Mama to my beautiful boys born 6/29/06, 7/29/08, & 11/09/10.
Old 12-23-2007, 11:29 AM

Hello all and congrats on all the babies for Aug 08!!

Mrsdouglas5 (Christian, AP Mommy to a nursing toddler)
-Ohio
-Married to the love of my life since 5.5.05
-DD, Lauryn 20 months
-Angel Gabe 10.4.07
-3 furbabies
~excited, but cautious about this pregnancy since we just experienced a loss.
-EDD 5.15.08

*I own my own Wedding Planning company (work from home) and do pet sitting on the side b/c I love animals and want our daughter to appreciate them. I love to read, cook, travel and spend time with my hubby and daughter.

I look forward to journeying with you all and getting lots of support and advice.
Old 12-24-2007, 09:20 AM

Hi, I'm Amy, and this will be baby #3 for me! EDD is August 31 - my first two were born at 34 and 37 weeks, so I expect this one anytime in August! DH and I have been married since 10/29/99 and have one girl - Hannah 10/26/01 - and one boy - Aidan 2/05/03. Because we already have one of each, we will not be finding out the gender of this baby until it's born - a nice surprise the third time around! Good luck to everyone, and a Happy and Healthy Nine Months to us all!!!
Old 12-24-2007, 03:38 PM
Banned

hiya.

i'm pretty sure that this is the right DDC, as the calculators have given me dates from Aug 15 to Sept 9. LOL anyway, as of today, my period is 12 days late, and since i don't want to test, i assume that i'm pregnant about 4-5 weeks. maybe 6. to be honest, i'm terrible at counting anyway, even though i keep charts. i'm just overwhelmed by it.

my husband and i have been together for 10 years, married for 5 or so, and this is our first child. we're very excited about it.

i work as a yoga teacher, my husband is a writer/editor. we both practice buddhism. when the child comes, i plan to continue working, but fewer hours overall.

that's where i am now.
Old 12-26-2007, 01:22 PM

Heidi SAHM to eight. Expecting number nine around August 11

Mom of many minions . . . babyf.gif jumpers.gif     jumpers.gif     jumpers.gif
"And when our baby stirs and struggles to be born it compels humility: what we began is now its own." Margaret Mead 
Old 12-26-2007, 06:33 PM

Congratulations to all!! We found out yesterday (Merry Christmas to us!) that we're expecting #3!! BIG SURPRISE!! We had planned to only have 2, but apparently other forces were at work. I highly doubt I will get to 40 weeks (39 weeks #1 and 34 weeks with #2) Let's hope that #3 doesn't make as early an entrance as #2 though!! I would like this one to have his or her own birthday, however, so 8/30 would be fine.
Old 12-26-2007, 08:20 PM

Looks like I found where I belong

Our edd is 8/8/08

Looking forward to getting to know you all!
Old 12-26-2007, 08:42 PM

I'm here too, due in late August, and praying for our first live birth.

I'm a modifiedartist.gif DH is a reading.gif we have 2 angel.gifs, and DS is a rainbow1284.gif baby.gif
Old 12-27-2007, 01:02 PM

: I stepped away from MDC for awhile to focus on school and because TTC was going nowhere. I've been married to my Fuzzy for six years and am currently in school. :the baby will come around the 18th of August.

I'm still in shock, I only took a test because what I thought was :AF was only one day of really heavy spotting.
Old 12-27-2007, 01:13 PM

Hi Everyone!
I am April 31 SAHM to ds who is 21 months with an EDD of 8/28/08. I was 11 days past EDD with ds so I may go into August - we'll see. We are planning a homebirth again. Excited to be here with you all

April thankful mommy to my boys Big Red 3/06 Little Z 9/08 and happily awaiting the arrival of 10/10 :
Old 12-27-2007, 06:25 PM

Hi! I've been lurking for a while, and really like a lot of what I've read, so I decided to join. I'm from SLo MO, but I'm a country girl at heart, and once the new addition is in school we plan on moving out to a small town outside Columbia, MO (parents are going to care for it until then, and can't pass that up).

I'm 30, DH is 31, and this will be our first, due 8-8-08. My younger sister is pregnant too, three weeks behind me, so I'm looking forward to celebrating (or enduring???) this journey with her. DH and I are ethical omnivores, striving to eat locally produced food as often as possible. We brew our own beer, garden, compost, and plan on making our own baby food, cloth diapering, and obtaining as many baby items as possible second-hand.

Congrats to everyone!

Mama to BeaMax, born 8-3-08 :
: : : : :
Old 12-27-2007, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NormaJean13 View Post
Hi! I've been lurking for a while, and really like a lot of what I've read, so I decided to join. I'm from SLo MO, but I'm a country girl at heart, and once the new addition is in school we plan on moving out to a small town outside Columbia, MO (parents are going to care for it until then, and can't pass that up).

I'm 30, DH is 31, and this will be our first, due 8-8-08. My younger sister is pregnant too, three weeks behind me, so I'm looking forward to celebrating (or enduring???) this journey with her. DH and I are ethical omnivores, striving to eat locally produced food as often as possible. We brew our own beer, garden, compost, and plan on making our own baby food, cloth diapering, and obtaining as many baby items as possible second-hand.

Congrats to everyone!
Old 12-27-2007, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire_chan View Post
: I stepped away from MDC for awhile to focus on school and because TTC was going nowhere. I've been married to my Fuzzy for six years and am currently in school. :the baby will come around the 18th of August.

I'm still in shock, I only took a test because what I thought was :AF was only one day of really heavy spotting.
Congrats!!! I've *seen* you around here for awhile now Is this your first?

Tina - mama to DD1 10.75yrs, DD2 6yrs, DD3 2.5 yrs & baby due in June 2015 and wifey to DH.
Old 12-27-2007, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by treehugginhippie View Post
Congrats!!! I've *seen* you around here for awhile now Is this your first?
Yep!
Old 12-27-2007, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire_chan View Post
Yep!
How cool is that! You have all the MDC "knowledge" already even before conceiving

Welcome to the DDC and looking forward to getting to know everyone here

Tina - mama to DD1 10.75yrs, DD2 6yrs, DD3 2.5 yrs & baby due in June 2015 and wifey to DH.
Old 12-28-2007, 04:10 PM

I'm Shy (24) partner to Brooks (27). We are currently expecting out first child 8/24/08. I think we were both initially shocked as this was a huge surprise but I think its starting to wear off. I'm a NICU/Nursery nurse and currently work nights 3 times a week. Brooks does IT work for TimeWarner. We're both super excited.

dreads.gif  ribbonyellow.gif Proud Army Wife to DH ribbonyellow.gif  mama to one busy boy blahblah.gif and his dog2.gif  
Old 12-28-2007, 04:10 PM

I'm Meagan. My husband Alonso and I are from San Diego, but have been living in Queens, NY for about 2.5 years. We're both 27 yo and full time students. I study public interest law. I'll be done with school by my due date, August 20. But I'll be 8 mos when I take the bar, which is a little scary. This is our first, so we're very excited.
Old 12-28-2007, 08:15 PM

Hi ladies! I'm Holly, dh is Eddie and we have Delanie 3 1/2 yrs, Parker 18 mos and I'm due Aug. 21st. We are planning a home birth/birth center birth with this little one!

TF, BF, CD, HS, AP'ing Mama!

User Tag List