Aug 08 - Who We Are - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 194 Old 01-10-2008, 06:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm Ashley

My first daughter was born in December, so it'll be interesting to have a mid-summer baby. Number 2 is due on the 22nd of August!
#122 of 194 Old 01-11-2008, 04:44 PM

Hi,

My name is Mary. I'm due Aug 22nd with our first. DH and I are very excited.

Best wishes and health to you all.
#123 of 194 Old 01-11-2008, 05:23 PM

I hope I'm not too late jumping in here. I guess this would have been a more appropriate place for my intro.

I'm Lydia (20), married to DH, Josh (22). We have one little boy, Noah, who is 16 months old (also an August baby) and we're (obviously) expecting our second in August of '08. We don't have a set due date, really, because my cycles weren't back from nursing yet.

I'm a SAHM and am currently (slowly) working on my doula certification and I dream of becoming a midwife someday.

I'm a passionate Christian and am fairly active in my church. As I type, I'm subbing in our church office (working VERY hard, obviously).

I look forward to meeting everyone. Wishing each of you a happy, healthy, and relaxing nine months!
#124 of 194 Old 01-11-2008, 08:54 PM

Hello! Popping in now that I've stopped throwing up long enough to sit at the computer. I should theoretically be due in July, last LMP of 10/15 but my cycles are really long, making the due date more likely first part of August. Now factor in the tendency for women in my family to go to about 44 weeks, and maybe I won't have a baby till September! What DDC should I be in?

I have one son, 4 yrs old, and we've had a few losses and been trying for a second since he was born, so I'm still keeping my fingers crossed.

I'm seeing a DO who's helping with hormone testing and such, so if I do lose the baby we might have a better handle on why, and he's a homebirth doc, but we may not call until after the birth unless we need him. We really want to UC this time. So all around pretty good things happening.

Well except throwing up 3-5 times a day for 5 weeks and then trying to fight off some sort of horrid respiratory infection, not good when you've been losing weight like crazy from not being able to keep anything down, including vitamins. I'm almost through it though and am finally getting my appetite back.

I work fulltime, but my boss just went through all this and is extremely sympathetic. She's 6 months along and just got off her subcutaneous pump for the hyperemesis. I did a lot of holding down the fort while she was gone for 3 or 4 months and now I can work from home part time till I feel up to coming back, which will probably be about another week.

Geez! Sorry for the long-winded intro. Guess I had a lot to say!
#125 of 194 Old 01-12-2008, 03:04 PM

Hi - I've been mostly lurking for weeks now. I'm a natural worrier and this is my first pregnancy. So I wanted to wait a while before I officially introduced myself. I was 11 weeks yesterday and I'm worrying a little less.
My name is Peggy and I've been with my DP, Lydia for almost 11 years - we made it official last year the day before my birthday (domestic partner in California). We decided we wanted a baby and so here I am - due August 1, 2008. It was a long strange trip getting here - it's not so easy when you have to shop for swimmers. But I'm happy to be here and to learn from all of you.

Number # 2 due 5/19/2011.
#126 of 194 Old 01-18-2008, 03:18 PM

My name is Sarah and I am due with twins in early August. This will be my fourth and fifth babies. I have three daughters, ages 7,6,and 3 1/2.

I am a doula, apprenticing to become a midwife, homeschooling mama, and wife to Joel. I live in Minnesota and we are planning our third homebirth!

Sarah

wife - mother - midwife

CIRCUMCISION

The more you know, the worse it gets.

#127 of 194 Old 01-21-2008, 11:50 PM

pregnancy brain never posted my intro...
...so I posted it again I was wrong oops
double post

8 might be enough
#128 of 194 Old 01-22-2008, 12:28 AM

Hello,

I'm newish to the forums (I've been lurking ever since I found out I was pregnant, which was on the first night of Chanukah)...

I'm 10 weeks along, am due 8/14, and this will be our first. I'm still really skittish about the pregnancy, and we haven't told anyone except very close friends & family. I'm excited, but restrained about it, if that makes sense. We're planning to tell a wider group of folks (including workplace) in mid-Feb.

I'd wanted a home birth, but our walls are thin (the joys of apt. living in the city), and I'm not comfortable making too much noise as is....I can't imagine I'd be able to really be comfortable making noise during childbirth. So we've found a wonderful CNM with a private practice with hospital privileges at a reasonably progressive hospital in the area that has a rep for respecting a woman's wish for non-invasive, natural childbirth. Best of all, our insurance will likely cover most of the fees, which was a concern w/ a home birth.

All this, and yet I still don't quite feel like a grownup some days. (But I am...at least, in theory, anyway...I'm 32.)

Oh, and I'm trying to figure out how this whole career woman/mom thing is going to work. My mom did it...so I figure I can as well...but it seems like it's going to be quite the challenging undertaking.

Oh! And we're trying to buy a house before the baby arrives. In the city. Despite having no lottery winnings to speak of. I suspect we may have bitten off more than we can chew on this front, but I suppose crazier things have happened.

Anyway, I look forward to more reading, and finally -- posting as well.

Warm regards,

-nk
#129 of 194 Old 01-22-2008, 03:55 AM

Hi I'm Alex, due with our second on August 17, 2008. We are blessed with a 2.5 yo DS already.

DS1 04/2005; DS2 08/2008
#130 of 194 Old 01-24-2008, 08:22 PM

This will be #2 for me, and as of right now, my EDD is the 16th.
#131 of 194 Old 01-25-2008, 08:56 PM

Hi. My name is Cheryl. I have been married for almost 8 years to my dh. This is our 5th pregnancy and I am due mid-August. I have one living ds who is 3 1/2. I have had 2 first trimester m/c and one ectopic pregnancy that required emergency surgery. I got pregnant my first month "trying" post ectopic and am currently 11 weeks pregnant. We also have 2 dogs and one fish. We love to be outdoors and are both chiropractors in WA state. My ds was born at home, in water and caught by my wonderful midwife. We are planning another home water birth in our new house which will, hopefully, be finished about 1-2 months before I am due! :

AP, Homeschooling, Part-Time working mom with 3 rambunctious boys fencing.gifbabyf.gifall born with love at home. (04 & 08 & 12).

#132 of 194 Old 01-25-2008, 11:24 PM

I am Liz, mom to Robert and Matthew and happily expecting #3 this summer. We tread lightly (or try to anyhow) on the earth and on each other. I'm so tired I can't write more because I just need to go to bed!!!
#133 of 194 Old 01-27-2008, 02:01 PM

Hello...I thought I put myself on here, but I am wrong. I am Alicia...I am 29 years old. This will be my 6th birth. I have 4 kids at home and one that was adopted when I was younger. I am so excited to welcome this baby and this will be our 1st UC after a C-section with our last.
Alicia

Get "101 Tips That Burn Belly Fat Daily
    For  Free thumb.gif , Visit Here 

#134 of 194 Old 01-27-2008, 08:31 PM

You can move me to the angel list. I haven't been here in a few weeks, found out at 7 weeks that I had a chemical pregnancy. Thanks.
#135 of 194 Old 01-27-2008, 09:26 PM

Just wanted to join you... we're expecting our second babe August 17. Can't wait to get to know you all better!
#136 of 194 Old 01-28-2008, 05:06 PM

Kara here!

Pregnant with Baby E who is #2 on Aug 8th(how cool would 08/08/08 be for a birthdate? LOL).

The nausea began again with this baby just like with Lea..I threw up every day with her for 8.5 months...I lost 50 lbs. Looks like I am on par for that again too, but I REFUSE to take medications that could harm the baby. The midwife says I am fine losing, the baby is getting what it needs, and Lea is fine, so I am not too concerned..but I do miss eating!

The belly is growing ever so fast this time, I didn't show till almost the last month with Lea, so I am excited to have a baby belly finally(ok check back with me on this in June or July..lol).

I will be having this baby at home as well(barring any unforseen occurences!) and I really hope to be able to birth in the water this time rather than having to push on the bed because of a lip of cervix the midwife had to hold back
Oh well, I had a healthy beautiful girl, who am I to complain?

Now, with this pregnancy, I am terrified of the birth----I literally get the shakes thinking about it! I was NOT scared at all for the first, and everything went pretty well and was done in 18 hrs, so I don't know what my issue is...I want to be calm about this baby..so why can't I be?

Kara, Chad, dd L(5) and ds E(3) and expecting baby E on Valetine's Day grouphug.gif~We are a home-birthing, baby-wearing, home-made, co-sleeping, no-vax, crafting(both of items and of magick!), green living and loving family in Southern NH

#137 of 194 Old 01-28-2008, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamatolea View Post
Now, with this pregnancy, I am terrified of the birth----I literally get the shakes thinking about it! I was NOT scared at all for the first, and everything went pretty well and was done in 18 hrs, so I don't know what my issue is...I want to be calm about this baby..so why can't I be?
Hormones?!
I had a breakdown yesterday about getting a speeding ticket. Hormones make me crazy. You have time to get peaceful about it. Good luck mama!

April thankful mommy to my boys Big Red 3/06 Little Z 9/08 and happily awaiting the arrival of 10/10 :
#138 of 194 Old 01-29-2008, 09:26 PM

I've been lurking here for a few weeks, but I thought I should go ahead and post an intro.

I'm Sarah, and I'm expecting baby #3 (edd is 8/19). I have a dd who will be 4 in a couple weeks, and a ds who is 10 months. This baby was a big shock, but after getting used to the idea we are excited.
#139 of 194 Old 01-31-2008, 11:25 AM

I just realized I never posted this...

I am Janel, and I am in WI. I am due August 28, 2008. I have two sons Hayden (1-20-05) and Zander (11-6-06). I am a sahm, and we will be homeschooling. I CD, BF, encourage holistic healing first, and overall try to live a simple life. In fact, my friends accuse me of wanting to be Amish. Ha.

J - Homeschooling mom to H (1/20/05), Z (11/6/06) and C (8/22/08)
I work from SON up to SON down! 
#140 of 194 Old 01-31-2008, 04:29 PM

I've been lurking around a bit for the last couple of weeks. DH &I are expecting #1 and had our first appointment and ultrasound last Friday and found out that we were a month further along than we expected we were. So my due date just jumped from Sept. 4th up to August 5th and I figured that now would be a good time to jump in and say Hi.
#141 of 194 Old 02-02-2008, 03:33 PM

Hi there!

I'm Stella and I'm expecting a new little bundle on 08/08

I have 5 children and had a m/c in October last year. I am so happy to have safely got to 13wks with this little bean - I feel like I can finally start looking forward to our new arrival

I've had 4 inductions but my last baby was a home birth and I'm looking forward to birthing this baby at home too

Looking forward to getting to know you all
#142 of 194 Old 02-04-2008, 01:28 PM

welcome Stella

Mom of many minions . . . babyf.gif jumpers.gif     jumpers.gif     jumpers.gif
"And when our baby stirs and struggles to be born it compels humility: what we began is now its own." Margaret Mead 
#143 of 194 Old 02-09-2008, 07:59 PM

I'm Sarah, 28, married to Jesse. We live in Key West and we're both in the military. This is our first, due Aug 28. I'm Agnostic, DH is a Christian.
#144 of 194 Old 02-10-2008, 05:04 PM

Better late than never, I suppose!

I'm Mandy, wife to Ryan, mommy to DS Avery Jack. We are expecting #2 in early August.

CPST ***I can help keep your child safe in the car. Ask me a car seat question!***
#145 of 194 Old 02-14-2008, 03:02 AM

Hey everyone! I'm Kylee (23), married to Russell (26) for a little over 2 years. This is our first (after 2 years of TTC) and my EDD is the 26th of August. I work as an RN on labor and delivery but actually want to have a home birth. Alas, I got diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes last June (which is why I think it took so long for us to conceive, my body was in chaos), so right now I'm getting prenatal care with an OB (the most hands-off one where I work) and seeing my endo every 2 weeks for the pregnancy since everyone seems to be "risking me out" but I still haven't quite let go of the idea yet. I'm also starting grad school in April to get my MSN and become a Certified Nurse-Midwife. This is both of our parents' first grandchild and we're all really excited! And I'm thinking about doing the HypnoBabies home study course. Anybody else used it before?
#146 of 194 Old 02-14-2008, 10:35 AM

Welcome new mamas! I don't jump in here very often to say hello. I hope everything goes well for you throughout your pregnancy.

Book loverread.gif - Sewer sewmachine.gif - Movie lover lurk.gif - Mommy to a wonderful little boy (8/4/08) biggrinbounce.gif - Aspiring writer notes.gif - On a mission to lose 15 pounds - all-around cool chick hippie.gif

#147 of 194 Old 02-14-2008, 11:30 PM

i am expecting #4, 8/23/08.... we are super excited. i keep lurking each day, but i feel comfortable at the 12 week mark to join in!
#148 of 194 Old 02-19-2008, 01:36 AM

Hey There!
I'm Keri, Just turned 28 and am due 08/08/08! YEAH! My son Tenzin will be 3 next month. I am a Waldorf preschool teacher and have a preschool in my home. My DH Tai is my preschool assistant, and domestic God! Gotta love a man that will cook and clean
I live on Vashon Island, WA- a 15 min. ferry ride from Seattle.
I'm feeling GREAT! I have a HUGE belly already. (it's only one!)
But my first son was 11 lbs. 3 oz! I am planning to have a midwife at a birth center in Seattle. Had my son at home, but since we're on an island I am just not thrilled about the thought of transferring or waiting for the ferry should the need come up!
Great to meet all of you!
#149 of 194 Old 02-19-2008, 02:34 AM

Hi! I'm Jessica.
I've been with my husband for almost 6 years, I have an almost 9 year old step-daughter and an 18 month old son. Baby is due on August 8th 2008.
Good luck to everyone!.............And WOW there are a lot of us!
#150 of 194 Old 02-19-2008, 09:17 AM

Hi! I'm Kari (26).

I thought I was due in september, but yesterday i decided to use one of those online due date calculators and found out i was 4 weeks further along that we thought (how did that happen??). So here I am, due aug 14 or so, probably closer to the end of Aug.

I'm a s(w)ahm living in Oslo with my norwegian hunk. originally from SE WA/Portland OR. We're planning on moving to the US for a time after this little one is born.
I work as a freelance real estate photographer and photographer for friends at the moment. I enjoy cooking and being spontaneous and hopefully I will enjoy some success from gardening on our balcony come summer.

Dd still nurses though it's pretty much dry nursing now. I hope to keep it going until my milk comes back! This has been a great pg and will continue to be so!

I've got three monkeys jumping on the bed!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page