Aug 08 - Who We Are - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 194 Old 06-06-2008, 12:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm late getting in here, but been lurking as usual....

I'm Alana, I'm a Marine Corps wife and SAHM. I'm hoping for a "natural" birth in a hospital (just hired a doula- very excited about that). I have a 17 month old, Naomi and baby boy, Gabriel is due August 3rd.

I'm also a big fan of MDC (duh!- haha)....I consider myself really AP/ crunchy, I babywear, lactivist, intactivist, (going to try cloth diapering this time around- we'll see how that goes, I hate laundry...), natural birthing....I know I'm missing some stuff, but that's a start....
#182 of 194 Old 06-07-2008, 12:44 AM

I'm Rebecca, 20 years old expecting first baby (boy) with DP EDD- Aug. 1

Sorry I'm late getting here but that's kind of typical of me
#183 of 194 Old 06-12-2008, 12:38 PM

I'm Anna, mom to three boys. We'll find out in August whether this one is a boy or girl. We're planning a home waterbirth.
#184 of 194 Old 06-12-2008, 03:32 PM

Amber, really late posting here but have been in the DDC forever it feels like.. haha.

20 years old, first baby.. it's a boy! Aiden Super anxious SAHM and fiance to my love.

SAHM Amber 24      DH Chris 26     DS Aiden  3  BFP for Christmas!!   25****30****35baby.gif***40!! 8/30 It's a stork-girl.gif

#185 of 194 Old 06-15-2008, 01:59 PM

Hello everyone!

I'm Leisha, just turned 26, I'm from Belgium and am expecting my first baby at the end of August! Pregnancy was a bit of surprise but I'm really excited (and so is my boyfriend, mostly ).

I'm mostly a lurker here but I wanted to say hi

Mommy to DD bouncy.gif born August 2008 

#186 of 194 Old 06-18-2008, 01:21 PM

Hello, I forgot to add my name here. We have 7 and are expecting #8. We don't know what we are expecting and won't until the baby arrives. I had a c-section with my 1,6 & 7. I had v-bacs with 2,3,4,& 5 and home births with 3,4,& 5. I am hoping to have a v-bac in a hospital with this one. I just found out the doctor that is going to the birth will be leaving in the end of July. I am due Aug. 7. We will see what happens. I don't believe I will go that long. With # 6 I went a week early, and # 7 was two weeks early.
#187 of 194 Old 06-20-2008, 03:44 PM

Hello, I'm Amanda. My husband, Chris, and I are expecting our first - a girl. We live in Indiana and have four cats. I hope the cats adjust to having a baby around!
#188 of 194 Old 06-21-2008, 10:16 PM

Hi All! My name is Cameo. I'm expecting our fourth on August 18th. I have three daughters already, aged 3, 5, and 7, and we don't know the gender of this one, which is driving my friends who want to shop crazy. My husband of 12 years is in the Army and currently in Iraq since December. We got pregnant right before he left and I got to tell him the news over there. We're really hoping he can make it home for the birth.
#189 of 194 Old 06-27-2008, 04:09 AM

Hi there,

I'm Maxime, 20 years young and married to Brian since last August. We live in Lakewood, CO and this will be our first baby! Lili Elizabeth is expected around August 25th and we just can't wait for her to be here!

Maxime - Wife to Brian (08.11.2007) - Mommy to Lili Elizabeth (08.12.2008)
#190 of 194 Old 07-09-2008, 07:41 PM

I am getting in one this late too. But glad to be saying hello. We don't have a lot of friends with children, and the ones we do know aren't exactly crunchy at all...

At any rate, I am a 5th grade reading teacher and self-proclaimed naturalist. Ryan and I just celebrated 5 years of marriage. We live in Philly and have a daughter who will be 2 on August 5th. I was hoping for a late spring baby (it's so hot right now!) but here we are-- our first due date was Aug. 4th. An ultrasound (which did not confirm gender) pushed our due date to Aug. 18th, but now the midwife says I look closer to being back at the original due date. Hrmmmm.

We had DD at a free-standing birth center with a wonderful midwife. It was very peaceful and calm. Though we weren't in our home, we felt very much at home and can only hope for such a smooth and wonderful experience this time too.

How are we all staying cool?

Linnea...DH of 7 years, and 2 DD (8/06) and (8/08) expecting a new team player in early November!
#191 of 194 Old 07-28-2008, 11:46 AM

Hi - I'm so late coming here (39 weeks today) that I feel a little silly posting here, but I just recently started getting involved here on MDC, and am looking forward to turning to all of you for parenting advice when I need it.

I'm Melissa, married to Jim for 3 years, and we're expecting our first - a boy - on August 4th. We live in Los Angeles.
#192 of 194 Old 08-03-2008, 01:58 PM

Hi everyone,
I'm new here too, due 8/10. Just was put on bedrest for mild PIH - so now I have plenty of time to lounge with the computer!

My midwives want to induce on my due date, so I'm hoping I go into labor spontaneously before then. 7 days . . . I really want to have a natural birth.

I'm loving reading all the birth stories of 8/08 members and also the signs of labor. Can't wait to hold and nurse my little one!
#193 of 194 Old 08-09-2008, 12:21 PM

A late hello to you all

I was due 8/04/08 and just found this website yesterday in my attempts to show myself that I'm not the only woman on the planet that is pregnant past their due date.

I'm a mother to Fallon, a precocious 5 year old princess, married to Travis for almost a year, but we've been together for 8 years.

I'm having this one with a midwife at a birth center after my terrible hospital/OBGYN experience with #1. Never again!

Can't wait to meet my new little man and breastfeed again.

**Human Milk for Human Babies!**
Mother to 6 yr-old DD (my little actress!) 1.5 yr-old DS (my spirited little dude). Wife to bestest DH!
#194 of 194 Old 10-03-2008, 05:34 AM

I'm a bit late but hey better late then never right? I actually just got here from a friend online

I'm Cayla. I'm a mommy of two little girls. My EDD was 08/28 but I had her on 08/24 unexpectedly at home unassisted. My mother & 3.5 year old daughter were my coaches and my husband delivered our second child.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page