Sex! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-17-2007, 09:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I mean the sex of your baby Of course we all want healthy babies who arrive safely but does anyone have a sex preference?

I am pretty much torn right down the middle on this one. We have one boy and 2 girls so the thought of a boy is nice. On the other hand, DH is Jewish and favors circ (I was uneducated on the issue when we had DS) so if it is a boy, I would have to scramble to educate him. So for that reason I am kind of hoping for a girl. I do love little girls (big ones too!) but I love boys too... can you tell I am conflicted?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2007, 10:00 PM

We are hoping for a boy.

janie
mama to grace 12.11.01, cady 8.11.08, and ada 8.3.11
Old 12-17-2007, 10:25 PM

I was just coming here to post this!

I've been having very strong girl feelings and strangely DH does too. I always wanted a boy though.
Old 12-17-2007, 10:40 PM

I really don't care either way, but my 5yo wanted Henry to be a girl, and this time he said "please can we have a girl this time?!?" lol

Amy... mom to
Keith, Henry and Caroline
Old 12-17-2007, 10:51 PM

Of course the father wants a boy, me, I don't care either way. Just a healthy and happy baby. We want to be surprised about the birth upon delivery.

Book loverread.gif - Sewer sewmachine.gif - Movie lover lurk.gif - Mommy to a wonderful little boy (8/4/08) biggrinbounce.gif - Aspiring writer notes.gif - On a mission to lose 15 pounds - all-around cool chick hippie.gif

Old 12-17-2007, 11:17 PM

While my hubby and I would really like a girl..... "I" will love either very much and I am just excited that I will finally get to be a real "mommy". This is my first but my DH 2nd.
Old 12-17-2007, 11:35 PM

I have a vision of my DS and a wee DD. But, I don't know. I would love to have a mother-daughter relationship, so, if this babe is a boy, I will mourn that, most likely. That said, another little DS would be lovely, although, I will be forever outnumbered...

An introvert and ain't ashamed of it!  love.gif
Old 12-17-2007, 11:42 PM

Well having 2 girls already, I know Dh really wants a boy - and for that reason so do I - although secretly I don't care either way. At least another girl would be "familiar" if that makes sense. A boy would be brand new territory around here - plus I know with it would come a fight over the name being DH's "Jr." and i can't STAND that! I'd be happy with healthy. :-)

Jenn (36), wife to DH for 13 years, DD1(13) , DD2(10) and DS(4)

Old 12-18-2007, 01:13 AM

I REALLY wanted a boy when I got pregnant the first time. I always thought of myself as a boy's mommy. Of course, I never voiced my preference until we found out the gender.

With this one, I can honestly say that I really wouldn't mind either way. I got my boy the first time around, so in my eyes, everything else is just cream cheese.

Leah...wife to Colin, mommy to Liam 3/19/05 and Molly 8/18/09 :
Old 12-18-2007, 10:52 AM

I sort of assume that we'll have a boy, since we have DS, DH and the boy dog. It seems like maybe it's my place to be outnumbered as well.

We didn't find out last time and I carried right out front-looked pretty funny really. I had probably a few hundred people tell me while pregnant that it was a boy. People would yell from across the street! I NEVER had someone think it was a girl....so maybe there is something to the "tricks"? And we couldn't come up with any girls names, so maybe I knew too (although I think it was the entire city of Philadelphia telling me it's a boy).

I also read something that moms are about 70% accurate when guessing what gender their baby is.

Happy SAHM Mom and CBE to three jumpers.gifboys:  DS1 (11/06), DS2 (7/08), DS3 (11/10) and D?4 (12/12)!

Old 12-18-2007, 11:41 AM

I have my 2 girls so I am really hoping for a boy.
Old 12-18-2007, 12:01 PM

I'm hoping for another girl, DD wants a sister. DH has 3 boys already, and still wants a boy....He says "You got one girl, how many do you want?"
Old 12-18-2007, 01:54 PM

I'm hoping for a boy b/c I have two DDs and then a DS, so it would balance out. I'm all about balance and symetry. LOL But, really I don't care either way. A girl would complicate our living situation/bedrooms,etc ..... but otherwise I don't care! I'm not getting my hopes up for a boy b/c I did with the first two and look what happened!
Old 12-18-2007, 02:03 PM

Well I have two boys so we'd really like a girl. My kids don't know we're expecting yet, but my older son has been praying for a baby sister for a long time. My dh would love a daughter and so would I. So I'm spending most of my mental energy allowing myself to think about having a third boy so I can be ready if it is. I don't think I'd be disappointed if we have another boy, I'd be thrilled. I'd just separately have to mourn the loss of ever having a daughter. My gut is that this baby is a girl. But I can't really trust it because it could just as easily be wishful thinking. But I've felt like a girl was coming to us for a long time, two years maybe. So this may be her. We'll see.

We are finding out as soon as we can so that I have time to get used to the idea and also to KNIT as much as possible.
Old 12-18-2007, 02:08 PM

I really have no preference. But I feel so much like it's a boy, that I can't even imagine the possibility that I'm carrying a girl. Nor do I think about girl clothes, pink diapers, etc. We do have a girl name ready, but I have a hunch I won't need it this time. So bizarre. Never expected I'd feel so strongly about it.

Dh says there's one of each. It is nice living with an optimist.
Old 12-18-2007, 02:57 PM

I want a girl so I can buy girly wool

Mom of many minions . . . babyf.gif jumpers.gif     jumpers.gif     jumpers.gif
"And when our baby stirs and struggles to be born it compels humility: what we began is now its own." Margaret Mead 
Old 12-18-2007, 05:01 PM

I have no preference. For my first two kids, I secretly had preferences both times. But now, I really am neutral about it. I have very strong girl feelings. I had a dream before I knew I was pregnant, and DS and DD and another little girl were all with me. I didn't tell anyone about that dream, and the next day, my little boy asked "Mommy, you have a baby in your tummy? A girl baby?" He's asked me that almost daily since the first day he asked. He's only once asked about a boy baby, and then immediately laughed and said, "NOOOOO. Silly. It a girl baby."
Old 12-18-2007, 06:20 PM

We are hoping for a boy....I have two girls and a boy already, plus DH has two girls from his first marriage, so another boy would help balance things out a bit.
Old 12-18-2007, 07:12 PM

We really don't care either way. DH says he doesn't know which he'd prefer at all. I always thought I wanted a daughter for my first child, me being the oldest and all. But I started to feel when we were thinking about TTC that a boy as a firstborn would be awesome.

''''

Old 12-18-2007, 07:22 PM

Have yall seen this?

Know your baby's gender by 7 weeks gestation

DP wants a girl and has been having vivid dreams of us having a girl since we started talking about having a baby together. I would like a girl too but I hope this one is a boy for my DS to play with. He's such a lonely child. He talks about going to the "boy store" to get a bunch of boys for him to play with.
Old 12-18-2007, 07:24 PM

No preference here. This is our first baby, and we'll be thrilled either way. We really just want a safe, healthy pregnancy. This is sort of strange, though -- Last Thursday morning I got my BFP but didn't tell my husband until he was home from work that night. As he was on his way home, before he even suspected that I was pregnant, he had a quick vision of a dark-haired baby boy with eyes that looked like mine. Then, a few minutes after he got home, he learned I was pregnant. Even before he told me that, I had a feeling that this is a boy.
Old 12-19-2007, 02:28 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zookum View Post
No preference here. This is our first baby, and we'll be thrilled either way. We really just want a safe, healthy pregnancy. This is sort of strange, though -- Last Thursday morning I got my BFP but didn't tell my husband until he was home from work that night. As he was on his way home, before he even suspected that I was pregnant, he had a quick vision of a dark-haired baby boy with eyes that looked like mine. Then, a few minutes after he got home, he learned I was pregnant. Even before he told me that, I had a feeling that this is a boy.
That is really interesting. I have heard things like that before. A friend of mine had no prenatal testing but insisted from the beginning that she was having a boy. She said she just "knew." And she was right. Maybe you are too -- I guess we'll see!
Old 12-19-2007, 12:05 PM

Funny thing last night: my aunt called me and my 5 year old cousin was yelling in the background, "Monique, Shannisa is having a baby. Are you having a baby too?" My little cousin is my sweetheart. I was there when she was born and she's like my daughter. I didn't tell her I was pregnant yet because apparently she didn't like the fact that our other cousin was pregnant (she's very close to us both). So, again she screamed, "Monique, Shannisa is having a baby. Are you having a baby too?" I said, "Yes, Sierra, I'm having a baby." She said, "Shannisa is having a girl and you're going to have a boy. I don't like boys ever in my life but you're going to have a boy. Can't you have a girl like me?"

I almost died that was so precious. So I called my boyfriend last night and told him he was having a son. He asked how I knew and I recounted the story. I told him that children don't say things randomly, from the mouth of babes...

Book loverread.gif - Sewer sewmachine.gif - Movie lover lurk.gif - Mommy to a wonderful little boy (8/4/08) biggrinbounce.gif - Aspiring writer notes.gif - On a mission to lose 15 pounds - all-around cool chick hippie.gif

Old 12-19-2007, 02:32 PM

I would like a girl, and my sisters in law would DEFINITELY like a girl. I thought SIL having a girl this spring would reduce some of that pressure, but no she wants a niece too! My slight gut feeling is that this is a boy, though.
Old 12-20-2007, 11:17 AM

DH and I are secretly hoping its a girl. He has two sisters who have 3 boys amongst them, so I think his mom really wants a granddaughter. Of course we'll be thrilled with a boy (lots of hand-me-downs)!

I'm a little nervous because the cycle I got pregnant I had a dream where DH and I had twin boys! But usually my dreams are of a single girl. I don't really think my dreams are psychic predictions, but you never know!

Mama to my charming little boy, born at home January '09
Old 12-20-2007, 11:46 AM

It truly doesn't matter to us...however, I was bathing ds one night, turned my head for a second, and when I turned back around had the clearest vision of what his little sister would look like in his face....cool..but certainly not predictive...

Married to CH (2005) and mother to DS1 (6/2006), DS2 (8/2008) and DS3 Sept 22nd, 2011!   

Old 12-20-2007, 02:30 PM

I'm pretty convinced this baby is boy at this point. My best friend's one year is obsessed with me. Last night she was on my lap and just hugged and kissed all on me. Normally Bri is afraid of me but she's my bestest friend now. LOL. I figuring it's a boy at this point. My DBF is so happy to think he has a son on the way but we are sticking with our plan of not knowing the sex until delivery.

Old 12-21-2007, 02:02 AM

Same as with everyone else, would be happy with a boy or a girl as long as it is healthy since this will be our first living child, but I have felt right from the beginning, even before, that this is going to be a girl. I've been talking to "her" a lot. If it's a boy, I think he's going to be pissed at his mama.
Old 12-21-2007, 03:41 PM

We really dont care either way. I would like a boy, since the only boys i have had, were stillborn, but I would like a girl, because i think there is less risk for us if we have a girl.
My girls want us to have 6 babies, 3 girls and 3 boys, so they each get one of each... Ummm NOT happening.LOL

It is funny how i normally have to know, and i normally hope for one over the other, and this time, i really dont have a preference...

Melissa- homeschooling mom to Samantha ( 9) Gabby ( 8) Emma (6) and Diesel (12 months) and Rachel Rebecca Brock Erik Joe Noah 6-25-10 5 early miscarriages
Old 12-21-2007, 05:02 PM

I really want a girl, but it does not mean I would love a boy less. I just always wanted daughter.

User Tag List