how is everyone feeling today? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 44 Old 12-21-2007, 02:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm 5 weeks today. had my first mw appointment yesterday, and I think it went well. physically, I'm doing ok. I haven't thrown up again, and my boobs aren't hurting nearly as bad as they were. I got some sleep last night.

Emotionally, on the other hand, I am not doing so hot. This is our first pregnancy, so I'm pretty nervous. Not so much about what will happen in the pregnancy at this point because it's pretty out of my hands, but about motherhood, labor, and bfing. Just your normal first time mom worries I guess.
#2 of 44 Old 12-21-2007, 02:47 PM

I am sure you will be fine. It is normal to be worried. Your life is about to change.

I am feeling pretty sick. I have started a new job, and i throw up everyday while at work. I am so tired, but that has a lot to do with the fact I work until midnight every night, and have to be up with the kids at 7 am. I also have a lot of anxiety, since this pregnancy is on the tail of several losses.
I am looking foreward to the second trimester. when I wont be as sick or tired, and I wont be working retail during the holidays. LOL

Melissa- homeschooling mom to Samantha ( 9) Gabby ( 8) Emma (6) and Diesel (12 months) and Rachel Rebecca Brock Erik Joe Noah 6-25-10 5 early miscarriages
#3 of 44 Old 12-21-2007, 02:52 PM

I actually woke up feeling great. Lots of energy, hungry for a change and anxious. And then about an hour ago, fatigue hit me and so did nausea. I don't want to be too sick because my DBF is taking me for a night on the town. He's put a lot of work into planning this and I would feel bad if I felt awful all week. He's leaving to go home to MS for Christmas tomorrow and I'm going to miss him. Boobs are still sore and my face is breaking out slightly.

I agree on the feeling nervous. I'm going to be a first time mother too. I can't believe it's happening and I keep wondering if I'm doing or will do something wrong. Geez! Pray for me, ladies. LOL

Book loverread.gif - Sewer sewmachine.gif - Movie lover lurk.gif - Mommy to a wonderful little boy (8/4/08) biggrinbounce.gif - Aspiring writer notes.gif - On a mission to lose 15 pounds - all-around cool chick hippie.gif

#4 of 44 Old 12-21-2007, 04:22 PM

I'm still having a fair amount of morning sickness, but no vomiting. The challenge is that I get nauseated on an empty stomach, so it's really hard to deal with things like cooking dinner or working up the motivation to go to the cafeteria for lunch. I need to do a better job of snacking.

My breasts are so, so sore. I broke down and put on a maternity bra today. So I'm sagging all over the place (Size E + non-underwire = lots of sag), but at least I'm a little more comfortable.

Alexandra 4.11.05 and Colin 2.9.09. Click on my name to visit my homeschooling blog.
#5 of 44 Old 12-21-2007, 04:39 PM

Dd and I are sick with a cold I feel better today than yesterday but I'm going to try and take a nap because I want to be well enough to go to a concert tonight. Dh and I are going to see the pianist Jim Brickman. I have a weak spot for good piano music...I even want to use it for pregnancy/birthing music. Very relaxing.

On pregnancy - my bbs are sore but that's about it. I'm surprised I'm not super hungry yet.

Tina - mama to DD1 10yrs, DD2 5.5 yrs and DD3 22 mo and wifey to DH.
#6 of 44 Old 12-21-2007, 06:06 PM

I spent all morning forcing myself to not barf. Then at about 2, I was starving and wanted to eat every unhealthy thing imaginable. Dh took me to Boston Market - dear sweet man.
#7 of 44 Old 12-21-2007, 07:27 PM

I'm feeling pretty good, just VERY tired, and very sore boobs. Everytime DD nurses I want to scream!! Today I am SOOO Hungry too. I am 6 weeks. The sore boobs came this week and so did the tiredness.
#8 of 44 Old 12-21-2007, 07:45 PM

So far, I don't have many symptoms other than that I am ravenously hungry. Oh, and I'm a bit of an emotional basketcase too. One moment I am overjoyed and the next moment I am panicked at the thought of 2 under age 2 (plus my older children)!:
#9 of 44 Old 12-21-2007, 08:38 PM

I am feeling good. A little tired (probably unrelated). I have been going through waves of nausea followed by starvation. The worst thing is that I fell yesterday, and my back is killing me. I cannot get comfortable, and I do not want to take anything. It kept waking me up last night (probably why I am tired).
#10 of 44 Old 12-22-2007, 12:15 AM

I'm at 4w1d today, so I'm still feeling rather symptomless. I am feeling tired, but I am not sure if it's the pregnancy or the cold, dark weather. I went in to confirm my pregnancy with the nurse's station in family medicine. I thought they were going to do all the bloodwork, but I just peed in a cup. My providers don't see pregnant women until 10 weeks so I guess I'll call for an appt for sometime early February.

SAHM to 3 boys ages 10, 7, and 3.

#11 of 44 Old 12-28-2007, 04:49 PM

I'm tired, tired, tired. Just sleepy all the time. The fatigue is back full force this time around. I find myself having to nap during lunch in my car and then leaving work about 20 minutes early to get home to bed. I don't sleep well during the night. When will the restless nights end?! Then my DBF (he's a jerk to me right now is all over the place. I suggested we go to the bank and add his name to my account, he said let's wait a few weeks he has another idea in mind.

Book loverread.gif - Sewer sewmachine.gif - Movie lover lurk.gif - Mommy to a wonderful little boy (8/4/08) biggrinbounce.gif - Aspiring writer notes.gif - On a mission to lose 15 pounds - all-around cool chick hippie.gif

#12 of 44 Old 12-28-2007, 05:03 PM
Banned

doing better.

less gas and constipation today. i did have a bowel movement (modest) this am, and no nausea.

i'm eating fairly normally, i just have to eat as soon as i feel hungry or i'll get gassy/sick feeling.
#13 of 44 Old 12-28-2007, 05:11 PM

I'm not answering in case I jinx myself.

Amy... mom to
Keith, Henry and Caroline
#14 of 44 Old 12-28-2007, 05:39 PM

Hungry and a bit tired. But, I've just had morning sickness that goes away mid-morning thus far. With my last two, I had the all day nausea.
#15 of 44 Old 12-28-2007, 06:17 PM

Feeling pretty good still. I have some nausea, sometimes terrible nausea, but generally it is tolerable.
#16 of 44 Old 12-28-2007, 07:07 PM

Today has been a really good day. 7 weeks now and today is literally the first day in weeks that I haven't been bone-tired. The exhaustion has been insane, but today I felt really pretty good. Tired, but not inhumanly tired. Nausea, but under control. I ate really well today too -- lots of protein, lots of food, which seems to help me a lot.

Thanks for asking!
#17 of 44 Old 12-28-2007, 08:40 PM

I feel totally normal, which makes me paranoid. Oh wait, I am a little um, constipated. I don't recall that being a pregnancy symptom but it's not something I usually have a problem with.

SAHM to 3 boys ages 10, 7, and 3.

#18 of 44 Old 12-28-2007, 09:34 PM

No worries, Sigrid, it is a preggy sign!

I'm feeling no nausea now, but nothing sounds tastey either. Ugh. Food - who needs it!

Otherwise, my foot is being stupid. It twitches so much it's sore. Sometimes flat painful.

Hey, anyone know if muscle cramps get better in the second tri like everything else seems to?
#19 of 44 Old 12-31-2007, 12:19 PM

I felt fine, but tired. DBF and I woke early to get into work early for my appt this afternoon. I got a call 20 mins ago that the nurse called in sick and they had to reschedule me for almost another month! So now we're having to rearrange schedules and get that figured out; not to mention $1,000 copay I have to pay at my first visit. I've considered just putting it on a credit card and pay that off, but heck, this is just a lot of money. I'm a little stressed about money right now.

#20 of 44 Old 12-31-2007, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigrid View Post
I feel totally normal, which makes me paranoid.
I feel totally normal too - and also am paranoid about it. I don't think I've ever been so anxious to go to the doc before. I can't wait to get the reassurance that everything is alright. I know I am pregnant, but it's unnerving that I don't feel like it!

Jordana, mama to almost 8 year old Evan, 3 year old Atticus, and 1 year old Tabitha - my gifts from heaven

#21 of 44 Old 12-31-2007, 03:04 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA_PI View Post
I felt fine, but tired. DBF and I woke early to get into work early for my appt this afternoon. I got a call 20 mins ago that the nurse called in sick and they had to reschedule me for almost another month! So now we're having to rearrange schedules and get that figured out; not to mention $1,000 copay I have to pay at my first visit. I've considered just putting it on a credit card and pay that off, but heck, this is just a lot of money. I'm a little stressed about money right now.

$1000?!
! GEEZ. With my insurance, I have to pay my deductible twice, because our billing year is over July 1, so I have to pay a $1200 deductible instead of 600, but the mw is letting me stretch it out over the whole pregnancy. That's outrageous! I'm shocked that you're expected to cough up that much cash at your first appointment.

eta: then we'll have to pay the the remainder of the mw's fee, the insurance co will hopefully pay 60% of her fee. I hope I hope I hope.
#22 of 44 Old 12-31-2007, 05:05 PM
Banned

overall, i'm feeling good.

the constipation is basicly gone, and i have to remember to keep eating. i feel bloated a bit, but i don't look it at all. i do have a bit of an upset stomach--and i'm not sure why. could be anxiety.

i haven't had any appointments yet; to be honest we're still deciding what we want to do in regards to shadow care, and i haven't heard back from one midwife.

i'm also talking with the insurance company about these things. we have high deductable, and so we have to pay at least $2750 for an in-network midwife; and we'd have to pay $5,500 for an out-of-network midwife.

and, it looks like (so far) that neither midwife that we are considering wants to do "shadow care"--not openly anyway. they seem to suggest lying to an OB or lying to them.

if the insurance company says that an OB is paid for completely, then it would be easier to lie to an OB. I only want a few appointments anyway.

I am questioning/wondering what i'm anxious about. i have a bit of a butterbur about money, and i get anxious about possibly feeling/being sick, and that's about it.

i'm upsest that my house is messy and that i don't feel well enough to do anything about it. that makes me nuts. and ryan is no help in that regard. he'll complain if he has to do it.
#23 of 44 Old 12-31-2007, 05:15 PM - Thread Starter

I feel you on the house work. my house is a wreck too, and I have no energy to clean it. before CHristmas our water heater sprung a leak and flooded the closet under the stairs.. everything that was in the closet is in my living room. we're not normally the tidiest of people anyway, but this is just awful now.

I've got all these worries. I want to scream at my mind to stop worrying! I'm worried the mw is going to find a reason to drop me, I'm stressed out over going to my next appointment. I hate appointments. I've got social anxiety so I'm hoping once I get t o know the mw better I relax.

I'm worried that morning sickness is going to kick in full force in a few weeks and I'll be too sick to go to school.

come on mind.. stop worrying.
#24 of 44 Old 12-31-2007, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
i'm also talking with the insurance company about these things. we have high deductable, and so we have to pay at least $2750 for an in-network midwife; and we'd have to pay $5,500 for an out-of-network midwife.
Wow, the midwives (that do homebirths) in my area do not even charge that much for prenatal care and the birth. That is a lot of money for shadow care.

AKA_PI Sorry about the appointment being rescheduled and the $1000. I get really nervous about money too. We have quite a few expenses coming up this month too, and I am not sure how we are going to swing it.
#25 of 44 Old 12-31-2007, 05:33 PM

I really hear y'all about the house cleaning and midwife problems. My house is both cluttered and gross. Dh is keeping it running / food on the table. But I can't stand much because of the foot cramps - and I imagine it may be a while.

I'm wanting to talk to atleast 2 midwives. I have talked to one. The other just will not call me back (weeks now.) I'll go ahead and make an appt with the one in about 10 days if all else fails.

But back to the topic at hand,

I feel stress. Lots of anxiety. One single stupid thing is causing it - the foot cramps. My right foot has been uncomfortably tight for about 16 hours now. Unbelievable. I live in constant fear of pain that will make me scream to keep from passing out.

Nothing's working - potassium, magnesium, calcium, water, sodium, stretching. Nothing. I suspect the Lyme disease is ripping nutrients out of my system. I intend to have massive bloodwork next Mon (7th) to try and find out. Meanwhile, it's an emotional battle.
#26 of 44 Old 01-01-2008, 01:19 AM

I'm feeling so-so. Woke up feeling great because yesterday I was getting over a nasty UTI. I even flipped out and took another test because I felt so good(what is WRONG with me lol!). BFP of course Then DS was a pill all day and he was stressing me out so bad I started to feel sick and got diarrhea. But that could be from the UTI antibiotics, too.

And for all the FTMs who are freaking out constantly, don't worry, this is my secnd and I"m still freaking out. With DS I had this insane fear until about 6 months that I'd miscarry/lose him. I've never had a m/c and he was perfectly healthy. Well, I am having the insane fear with this one, too. Especially because I feel way better with this one than I did with DS. But that could change I guess....
#27 of 44 Old 01-01-2008, 11:58 AM
Banned

woke up feeling great today. no stomach problems, no constipation! hooray!

i agree that it's a lot for shadow care. there's a mw online who gave me some insight about 'a la carte' care that she does for UCers, and the total for her (assuming she didn't come to the birth) would be $800 or so, and (assuming she did come to the birth), about $1200 or so. but, seems like no one here wants to do that, at least, i haven't found any one.

most everyone is normal, full-on medical.

so, right now, i'm just looking for an in-network OB.

now, i am anxious, but about what i'm not sure. i've been able to stay calm today, and i've increased my pranayama to help with this. smells really do get to me, and so my husband is going to clean the kitchen and i'm going to clean the bathrooms.

we're going to straighten up a bit, which should hlpe my overall mood.
#28 of 44 Old 01-02-2008, 03:55 PM

Two days into the new year and I'm an emotional wreck. Had a talk with DBF the yesterday about our relationship and as far as he's concern, we'll raise the child and we can see other people if we want. Ok, so that means for the rest of my pregnancy, he's going to "do what he wants to do." Then today I get a call from my parents who were soooo excited about this baby and now my mom says she and my father don't think it's a good idea. Basically considering how my BF doesn't love me and has no intention of marrying me, that is not the life they wanted for their daughter who has now become a statistic (yes she said 'statistic'). So, I'm 27, unwed, single, black female with a child. Thanks mom for making me feel better about myself.

I was so upset that I've been crying all day and threw up all over myself. All I could do was change my shirt and get back to work because, well, I'm a statistic and have to take care of my pending child. Forgive me for saying this but maybe I shouldn't have even said anything to anyone and went another route...

#29 of 44 Old 01-02-2008, 04:02 PM

AKA_PI Wow that is an awful lot for anyone to take. I really do not know what gets into people. Sorry about your parents and your BF. Tomorrow has got to be better!
#30 of 44 Old 01-02-2008, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlissfullyLoving View Post
AKA_PI Wow that is an awful lot for anyone to take. I really do not know what gets into people. Sorry about your parents and your BF. Tomorrow has got to be better!
BL, I need for tomorrow to be better. I'm so stressed out and just generally unhappy. All I want is peace in my life right now and the people who I look to and always count on, dogged me.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page