What are you dreaming? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 42 Old 12-21-2007, 07:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I always remember my dreams. While ttc I had a lot of baby dreams. This morning I had a sort of bad dream...a woman said that it was going to take me 2 years to conceive. I got my BFP this morning, so I am hoping that this was just my fears coming through.

Anyone else want to share?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 42 Old 12-21-2007, 07:29 PM

Haven't had any yet, but I wanted to say I sympathize with you having had that bad one. Those things always freak me out so bad! Why do they have to feel so darn real?!
#3 of 42 Old 12-21-2007, 07:31 PM - Thread Starter

They do seem real. It still has me a little nervous.
#4 of 42 Old 12-21-2007, 07:42 PM

I am already having baby dreams.
The one most recent, I had the baby and hubby really wants a boy so he of course was looking for the "parts" and I told him it was a girl. But with closer inspection we realized we had made a mistake and it was actually a boy. could this mean anything? I have always tried to tap into my gut feeling as to the sex and this time I can hardly think of girl's names and have that boy vibe but don't know if it's because we want one so bad? lol

Jenn (36), wife to DH for 13 years, DD1(13) , DD2(10) and DS(4)

#5 of 42 Old 12-24-2007, 12:21 PM - Thread Starter

I had a dream that we heard the heartbeat with a fetoscope. I was only 6 weeks, and it was so loud (louder then when you hear the heartbeat at 37 weeks).
#6 of 42 Old 12-24-2007, 02:48 PM

I normally do not remember my dreams, and when I am preggo I can only just barely remember my dreams. Boy are they weird!!! This morning in one, I was building things with Legos with other adults! There were no children around, but we were in like a preschool, and the kids were away doing other stuff, like out at recess or something. It was bizarre. I also remember the song "I'm Alright" by Kenny Loggins playing in the background. There's a part in that song I really like (it's a part with lots of harmony, and the background music stops during it), and I remember in the dream that I stopped playing with the Legos to enjoy that part for a moment, then I went right back to building.

And BlissfullyLoving... I wish I could hear a heartbeat through a fetoscope! My son's placenta was anterior, so neither my midwife nor I could ever hear the HB through a fetoscope. We always had to use the doppler I am hoping this one's placenta is where it should be!
#7 of 42 Old 12-24-2007, 03:08 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyoosh View Post
And BlissfullyLoving... I wish I could hear a heartbeat through a fetoscope! My son's placenta was anterior, so neither my midwife nor I could ever hear the HB through a fetoscope. We always had to use the doppler I am hoping this one's placenta is where it should be!
I think it is difficult to hear through the fetoscope under great circumstances. I had low fluid with DS, not dangerously low, and I still had to open my soul to hear that heartbeat. Hopefully you will hear it this time!
#8 of 42 Old 12-24-2007, 03:31 PM

I'm having crazy dreams, and they're all so real and vivid. Before, I might remember a few a week, now I remember a few each night.

Newly single, chronically sleep deprived mama to my little wild thang wild.gif, born 11/17/12 

fly-by-nursing1.gif

#9 of 42 Old 12-24-2007, 04:46 PM
Banned

before my AF was supposed to start (about 12 days ago), i had a dream in which i gave birth to a rat.

well, maybe i'll be specific. my husband was organizing a BBQ. we were having guests over for a BBQ and i was helping him get food ready, etc. then, i just felt really, really gassy and i decided to go to bed for a bit.

i settled in, and the guests started arriving. my husband came and checked on me, i still wasn't feeling well and asked him for a large bowl, some water, and some crackers.

he brought those back and then he asked if he should send the guests home and i said 'no, i'll be fine.'

then, i gave birth to a 6 lb black rat with pink nose, feet, and tail. it was painless--felt like i was passing gas really--and then i just picked up the rat and started nursing it. i felt so much better then.

the placenta came out and i put it in the bowl, and then i carried myself and the rat to the bathroom where i took a shower, cut the cord, and wrapped up the rat.

i then went out to the BBQ and had a good time with everyone. By the time i traversed from the bathroom to the living area where my friends were, the rat had turned into a normal, cute baby.

i woke up going "what?" and then i realized--next year is the year of the rat (chinese astrology).
#10 of 42 Old 12-24-2007, 05:17 PM

At this point in pregnancy, my dreams are about sex. Every pregnancy.
#11 of 42 Old 12-24-2007, 06:46 PM

I had a dream the other night that I grew a penis! LOL
I looked down in my dream and there it was and I was wondering why in the heck I had a penis!

I just hope it means a boy!
#12 of 42 Old 12-24-2007, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyddeville View Post
At this point in pregnancy, my dreams are about sex. Every pregnancy.

Me, too. Twice already (and I'm only about 8w), I woke up mid-orgasm.
#13 of 42 Old 12-25-2007, 10:57 PM

I had a dream that I was at a doctor's office getting ready to go into the u/s room, and Mickey Mouse walks in and he's the tech. We heard the heartbeat, and he gave me some mouse ears and then DH woke me up If only the Magic Kingdom offered prenatal care

Meredyth partners.gif Travis, Mama to my boys J, L, E & my girl B
Bella Rose is here 07/29/10!
Always missing my angel1.gif
#14 of 42 Old 12-26-2007, 11:58 AM

My dreams are all over the place, nothing really baby related but definitely all over the place.

Book loverread.gif - Sewer sewmachine.gif - Movie lover lurk.gif - Mommy to a wonderful little boy (8/4/08) biggrinbounce.gif - Aspiring writer notes.gif - On a mission to lose 15 pounds - all-around cool chick hippie.gif

#15 of 42 Old 12-26-2007, 03:49 PM

Last night's dream was crazy! It was long, but to sum it up, I was at a public pool. I was a child in the dream. All of us kids were lined up at the pool, playing a game where someone threw a ring in and the next person in line jumped in to get it. Somehow, names got mixed up and something happened to where one girl almost drowned. I remember her brother somehow being responsible.

Time went on, and a few years later, the brother went back to the father's home (he disappeared after this happened). The odd thing was during this part, I kept switching back and forth from being the brother to being myself.

Once we got there, the brother and his father started arguing about something, and suddenly the brother grabbed me and we started swimming (he lived near the ocean) out to this one area. He called it Luna, and he pulled me underwater and wouldn't let go. I started panicking until I realized that we could breathe (and talk) underwater. He showed me that from where we were, we could see his sister but she couldn't see us.

The whole rest of the dream was bizarre like that. We were going to swim through this "Luna", but somehow, the father turned it off to where it lost it's powers. We ended up having to raft back to shore and it took 8 months.

I had to give birth on the raft. On August 5th, the day I've been thinking this baby would be born for some time now.

Newly single, chronically sleep deprived mama to my little wild thang wild.gif, born 11/17/12 

fly-by-nursing1.gif

#16 of 42 Old 12-26-2007, 04:04 PM - Thread Starter

ananas that is a funny dream...how was it birthing on the raft?
#17 of 42 Old 12-26-2007, 08:48 PM

I had a dream that I started bleeding last night. It was so real.

I'm a modifiedartist.gif DH is a reading.gif we have 2 angel.gifs, and DS is a rainbow1284.gif baby.gif
#18 of 42 Old 12-26-2007, 08:50 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by frontierpsych View Post
I had a dream that I started bleeding last night. It was so real.

I had a dream last week that a woman came up to me and told me that this baby was not going to stick.

Those kinds of dreams are terrible! I think it is just our fears playing out.
#19 of 42 Old 12-26-2007, 09:04 PM

i had a dream the other night that my ex boyfriend kiddnapped me and my son and i was 8 month pregnant and he had a party to congralate him on being a dad and during the party i found away to get me and son out of their and we were about to steal his car when he came running after me with a gun

and i told my son to get on the floor and cover his head and i remeber thinking it is now or never soo i started the car and stepped on it and then i hear a gun shot going off

but i was just thinking i have to get to a phone and call my husband i miss him and love him way too much soo then i get to a store and run inside to call for help and i relize i been shot in the neck soo i run back to car to check on my son and he is ok playing with toy cars

soo i get to the hosptal hubby comes and i give birth in july not august but man that was freaky i hope i never dream like that agian

Amanda mom to Mahmoud 7-20-06, Kareem 8-23-08, and Baby #3 due May 19th 2011
#20 of 42 Old 12-26-2007, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlissfullyLoving View Post
ananas that is a funny dream...how was it birthing on the raft?
I actually somehow skipped that part. I went right from knowing I'd have the baby soon to somehow knowing I had him on the 5th. I would have been interested to see the birth on a raft

fly-by-nursing1.gif

#21 of 42 Old 12-27-2007, 08:32 AM

I have vivd pg dreams, too. Last night I dreamt that for some reason our car wasn't working and I had to walk to my drs appt today. It's several miles from our house (and it's freaking cold here, 25 degrees) so the walk took me 1/2 an hour to get there. I was in tears because I was late for my appt for the sono and they were going to cancel it because they were too busy.

I woke up early and got ready early this morning- I didn't want anything to make me late for that appt today! LOL

I'm Deborah, mama to Aidan, 11/02, Sean, 9/04 (my T21 SuperBoy), and Eleanor, 8/08.
#22 of 42 Old 12-27-2007, 10:41 AM

The morning I tested (3am) I had a sexual dream about men together. I guess I should have known right then what the test would say! I do tend to have very vivid sexual dreams when I'm pg, but ususally not homosexual ones!
#23 of 42 Old 12-27-2007, 11:10 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jule924 View Post
The morning I tested (3am) I had a sexual dream about men together. I guess I should have known right then what the test would say! I do tend to have very vivid sexual dreams when I'm pg, but ususally not homosexual ones!
I have all kinds of sexual dreams too. When I was pregnant with DS I had tons of dreams about being with other women.
#24 of 42 Old 12-27-2007, 01:12 PM
Banned

last night's dream was weird. my best friend (who is a guy) lived in a strange studio apartment on south street and 20th in philly.

i went to visit him, tell him i was pg, and then his girlfriend showed up and she was a little off about it, but nice enough, and then we discovered that my husband wasn't going to make it, so my friend broke up with his girlfriend and said he'd marry me and take care of the kid.

we love each other, but ew.
#25 of 42 Old 12-27-2007, 01:37 PM

i dreamed iwas starting my af when I was preg. with my first and had the worst cramps of my life it turned out I was in labor and had my ds later that day 8-22-04
#26 of 42 Old 12-27-2007, 06:19 PM

I had a dream last night that I was in labor, and I was refusing to let DH call the mw because I knew she would get here and I'd only be 2cm or something ridiculous like that.
#27 of 42 Old 12-27-2007, 11:35 PM

I used to remember my dreams vividly every single night ... until the last year or two. Now I hardly ever remember them. In the first week after I tested positive, I knew I had dreamt but I didn't know WHAT happened really. It seemed to be just collected chaos. But I did have kind of a record player of my own voice on repeat every time I woke up saying, "You're gonna have another baby" or "OMG you're pregnant" .....things like that .... just over and over and over .... SO I guess that's what I was dreaming.
#28 of 42 Old 12-28-2007, 12:20 AM

I had a dream last night that our house made another bedroom... for the baby. The house just knew we needed more room and poof, there it was. Don't I wish! I also wish I had some of those crazy sex dreams you all seem to have. LOL... no luck yet
#29 of 42 Old 12-28-2007, 11:13 AM - Thread Starter

Last night I had such an odd dream. I was much younger then I am, but my life was generally exactly the same. I had some family that disapproved of us having another baby, but I was already pregnant. We had wonderful sex to conceive the baby, and then I spent the rest of the dream sneaking around trying to have sex. We kept getting interrupted...it was interesting, and unsatisfying!
#30 of 42 Old 01-01-2008, 05:39 PM

So I had a birth dream last night (in the midst of like 4 other dreams I just remember being weird), I'd never really thought about orgasmic birth, but that was a rather convincing dream.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page