All day nausea...help! am I alone? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 27 Old 12-23-2007, 05:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oh my goodness!

I do not remember feeling this sick and nauseated! I am about 7 w 4 d...

Is anyone else experiencing all day nausea? I've heard that B 6 helps and some other herbal remedies...

Any suggestions?
#2 of 27 Old 12-23-2007, 07:16 PM

Right here with you...sorry to say. I have never in my life felt so green.
Alicia

Get "101 Tips That Burn Belly Fat Daily
    For  Free thumb.gif , Visit Here 

#3 of 27 Old 12-23-2007, 07:17 PM

I am feeling really nauseous too, and I am only four weeks. Here is a great thread that discusses remedies for morning sickness: http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=618836

I am taking the milk thistle. I was doing the B6, but it was making me feel more sick. I have some in my prenatal, so I am getting enough. I have ginger capsules too. I have not really tried them wholeheartedly yet.
#4 of 27 Old 12-23-2007, 08:40 PM

yes, though I have hyperemesis (had it my first pregnancy too). I am taking zofran, which isn't working terribly well, and have already been to the hospital for fluids.
#5 of 27 Old 12-23-2007, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmill2 View Post
yes, though I have hyperemesis (had it my first pregnancy too). I am taking zofran, which isn't working terribly well, and have already been to the hospital for fluids.
#6 of 27 Old 12-24-2007, 12:15 AM

to you all. I've had a couple really bad days in a row. I'm chasing a one year old and am finishing my dissertation. Ug. I'm considering meds if I get much worse. I can't stay in bed all day moaning like I did the first time around. Hang in there!
#7 of 27 Old 12-24-2007, 03:01 AM

I'm feeling pretty nasty right now too. All day all the time. Eating actually helps relieve it though even though its counter-intuitive to eat when I feel like this.

Mom of a 7 yr old, 4 yr old, and 1 yr old. Wow. How did that happen?
#8 of 27 Old 12-24-2007, 08:26 AM

I had the all day nausea with my first two pregnancies, and I found that Sea Bands really helped:

http://www.sea-band.com/seaband.htm

I've already got them for this pregnancy - I wouldn't be pregnant without them!
#9 of 27 Old 12-24-2007, 08:32 AM

I am actually not feeling anywhere near as bad (yet) as I did at this point with my first pregnancy. I've been taking Floradix (iron & herbs) which has 100% RDA of B6, so maybe that helps?
#10 of 27 Old 12-24-2007, 05:43 PM

All day and all night. It is just this constant car sick feeling that doesn't ever go away. I told my dh the other night that it just felt like I had a bad hangover that won't go away!

I hope this ends soon! I've never had it like this before!
#11 of 27 Old 12-27-2007, 11:58 PM

I went on vacation and left my B vits at home. I felt yucky everyday without them. Today has been a good day I think because I took my B vits yesterday. I've also been sipping on lemonade/lemon water and kombucha (another source of B vits) which helps. Another thing that helped recently was just giving in and throwing up for once. As much as I hate to do it, it surely did help me feel better.
#12 of 27 Old 12-28-2007, 12:16 AM

Feeling queasy all day, but it's really really mild. Eating helps.

for feeling super-icky all day, I hope you feel better soon.
#13 of 27 Old 12-28-2007, 12:22 AM
Banned

ok, i don't have nausea. i have serious gas and constipation.

sometimes the burping makes me feel like vomitting.

i don't know if it's a bug, stress, or the pregnancy. i'm probably 4-6 weeks pregnant (ok, i don't understand if i'm supposed to count from the ovulation date or the date of the first day of my last period or how that is calculated by those stupid calculators. but if i count from ovulation, i'm looking at about 5 weeks?).

can you get it this early?

i'm going to look at the remedies. i have it all day, and the stomach hurts, and eating sometimes helps and sometimes makes it worse and drinking is good.
#14 of 27 Old 12-28-2007, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
i don't know if it's a bug, stress, or the pregnancy. i'm probably 4-6 weeks pregnant (ok, i don't understand if i'm supposed to count from the ovulation date or the date of the first day of my last period or how that is calculated by those stupid calculators. but if i count from ovulation, i'm looking at about 5 weeks?).
"They" count pregnancy from 1st day of last menstrual period (CD1). So even though I conceived on the 25th of November, they add two weeks to that automatically. So "really" I am 4 weeks 4 days pregnant (from conception), but I am considered 6 weeks 4 days.

And yes, you can get it that early. Bleh...
#15 of 27 Old 12-28-2007, 12:38 AM

All of the calculators use LMP assuming a 14 day luteal phase. For the best accuracy in getting your estimated month of arrival (2 weeks "early" to 2 weeks "late") take your O date and add 2 weeks.
#16 of 27 Old 12-28-2007, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
ok, i don't have nausea. i have serious gas and constipation.

sometimes the burping makes me feel like vomitting.

can you get it this early?

i'm going to look at the remedies. i have it all day, and the stomach hurts, and eating sometimes helps and sometimes makes it worse and drinking is good.
HCP "give you" two extra weeks because they count from your LMP, so you would add two weeks to how ever far away you are from your ovulation date. Going by LMP assumes all women have a 28 day cycle and ovulate on cd 14, but the majority of women don't know when they ovulated/conceived.

I threw up a few times and was really nauseas when I first found out, at 4 weeks, but I was a nervous wreck around that time. I started taking B6 and the nausea has greatly subsided and I haven't thrown up anymore. I'm only 6 weeks tomorrow, so I'm not holding my breath for it to go away completely, I'm just hoping it doesn't get any worse!
#17 of 27 Old 12-28-2007, 12:51 AM

Yeah, I've been feeling nausea for most of the day too. Mostly in the car. Eating something helps. I feel like my brain is giving my stomach mixed signals though. Just the thought of eating anything at all makes my tummy do flips. But when I actually DO eat, its good! But every bite I have to convince myself that it will be good all over again ..... That just doesn't seem normal does it?
#18 of 27 Old 12-28-2007, 02:52 AM

I've reached the point of being green constantly now. I was fine until yesterday. I'm 7w now and just feeling icky.
#19 of 27 Old 12-28-2007, 03:32 AM

yeah - i hear what everyone is saying about "morning sickness." i didn't experience it at all with my first and now i am absolutely miserable. thankful for your suggestions. what does everyone recommend for B vitamins? i am taking a multivitamin that includes B6 already. would more help me?
thinking about those sea bands . . . have heard from other friends that those are a great help.
keep the suggestions coming. can i make it like this until 12 weeks!?
#20 of 27 Old 12-28-2007, 10:45 AM

No just a regular B6 vit. They are tiny (thank gods) and works SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO well. OMG the past three days have been amazing.
#21 of 27 Old 12-28-2007, 11:21 AM

Me too! I feel sick when I'm hungry and then I feel sick after I eat too. It feels like having the flu that won't go away.: Here's hoping that second trimester makes everything better for us all! :

Divorced mama to baby girl (7/5/06) and baby boy (8/5/08) Into anything fun and creative!
#22 of 27 Old 12-31-2007, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ligeia View Post
Me too! I feel sick when I'm hungry and then I feel sick after I eat too. It feels like having the flu that won't go away.: Here's hoping that second trimester makes everything better for us all! :
Exactly. I haven't been around this board to post in a week or so, too tired and sick-y to get any extra time to get online. But, I have gone on diclectin ( think that was last time i posted was first day on) and it has helped my ms from getting any worse, it's gotten a little better. But the diclectin does make me tired still. Hoping that will alleviate a bit, but it beats how sick I felt before. I keep counting the weeks until second trimester (well, last time it got better several weeks into 2nd tri) like, EVERY day. Hugs, mamas.
#23 of 27 Old 12-31-2007, 12:19 AM

I feel like hell right now. I took a nap, and when I woke up it was time to cook dinner. my sickness had seriously let up for a few days but it seems like it's back in full force tonight.

I know there is a connection btwn feeling/getting sick and blood sugar. as long as I keep my blood sugar steady, I don't feel so bad. but if I nap or skip a meal it's bad.
#24 of 27 Old 12-31-2007, 03:20 PM

I've got the all day yuckies, too. What brand of vit b6 are you taking?
#25 of 27 Old 12-31-2007, 03:35 PM

Mine is getting a little better. Still sensitive to strong smells and meat. I try ti eat every two hours and snack on fruit as often as possible.

Book loverread.gif - Sewer sewmachine.gif - Movie lover lurk.gif - Mommy to a wonderful little boy (8/4/08) biggrinbounce.gif - Aspiring writer notes.gif - On a mission to lose 15 pounds - all-around cool chick hippie.gif

#26 of 27 Old 12-31-2007, 04:16 PM

for some strange reason, i feel more sick after i eat. i had a craving for spaghetti, so i made some really yummy homemade (meatless - as i don't feel like it) sauce, and now i'm sitting here, feeling like i have a football in my belly and i want to barf. i didn't eat too much either. on my calendar, it says my first trimester is over feb. 5th. i think january is going to be a tough month. ugh.
#27 of 27 Old 12-31-2007, 04:47 PM

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
over the last few days I have started to feel awful alot of the time...also I am exhausted and really nervous about how I will handle work when I go back on Wednesday...I seem to do best on a full stomach except that I can't have anything sweet or acidic including any fruit or juice or coffee. I just started taking B6 at night and it seems to maybe be helping...how much can you take a day?

Aimee, mom to Mirah b. 08/09/08
and my angel, Nico, , lost to us at 19 weeks gestation, 12/27/12
Longing for our rainbow

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page