Anyone nervous? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 21 Old 12-24-2007, 11:26 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am so excited, and I feel really positive about this pregnancy. But, every twinge I feel I am nervous of what it might mean. I remember feeling the same way with DS. I was nervous that when we went to hear the heartbeat there would be none, and I would just be in the middle of a hysterical pregnancy. I took a second test today, and it was still positive and darker then the one from Friday. AF would only be a day late. Does anyone have these feelings?
#2 of 21 Old 12-24-2007, 11:47 AM

I have had those same feelings for all of my pregnancies. I just see it as the early stages of "mother worry." I think it's natural.
#3 of 21 Old 12-24-2007, 12:05 PM

I feel the same way. I do feel like all will be well with the babe, but after having a loss, my biggest fear is wiping and seeing blood, sorry if TMI. I'm a nervous wiper I'm just taking it one day at a time, and wishing baby well & sending lots of sticky thoughts. But I'm confident that I will be holding my little babe come August

Meredyth partners.gif Travis, Mama to my boys J, L, E & my girl B
Bella Rose is here 07/29/10!
Always missing my angel1.gif
#4 of 21 Old 12-24-2007, 01:35 PM

Yep, I worry too. I try really hard to take things day by day but it is definitely a rollercoaster of emotions in the beginning. I am 6 weeks now and I feel more relaxed as each day goes by. I took more pleasure than is sane in adjusting my little ticker from 5 to 6 weeks last night!
#5 of 21 Old 12-24-2007, 01:42 PM

I worry moreso with this baby than when I was preggo with my son, because this baby is going to my best friend and her hubby. So because s/he is intended for someone else, I feel MORE protective of her/him in the womb than I did of my son.
#6 of 21 Old 12-24-2007, 02:02 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks everyone! meredyth I know exactly what you are talking about witht he wiping. I keep thinking the same thing when I got to the bathroom. It feels better to talk about the fears. I feel this pregnancy is really strong. I feel so nauseous all the time already.
#7 of 21 Old 12-24-2007, 03:20 PM
Banned

yup, i've been having them.

i've been constipated and gassy, which sometimes feels like cramping, so i keep thinking that my chart is all wrong and that i'm about to get my period OR that i'm going to miscarry.

i am anxious about it, but i've been doing my affirmations, meditations, and pranayama (breathing techniques) and that has helped a lot.
#8 of 21 Old 12-24-2007, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyoosh View Post
I worry moreso with this baby than when I was preggo with my son, because this baby is going to my best friend and her hubby. So because s/he is intended for someone else, I feel MORE protective of her/him in the womb than I did of my son.
Ok, that made me cry. So sweet and what an amazing gift you are giving.
#9 of 21 Old 12-24-2007, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
i've been constipated and gassy, which sometimes feels like cramping, so i keep thinking that my chart is all wrong and that i'm about to get my period OR that i'm going to miscarry.
I've felt like that at the beginning of all 3 of my pregnancies. The only one I didn't feel like I was going to get my period any day now was the one I miscarried. Drives me batty though lol.

Amy... mom to
Keith, Henry and Caroline
#10 of 21 Old 12-24-2007, 08:51 PM
Banned

amy:

thanks, that is reassuring! everything is going fine. . .and i'm anxious about a lot of things right now (work and money too!), so it's all rolled in. LOL

ah well. it will pass. and at least, this is reassuring!
#11 of 21 Old 12-24-2007, 11:42 PM

Quote:
amy:

thanks, that is reassuring! everything is going fine. . .and i'm anxious about a lot of things right now (work and money too!), so it's all rolled in. LOL

ah well. it will pass. and at least, this is reassuring!
you're welcome! Just take it day by day Are you in phoenixville? I'm only about an hour from you - a good friend of mine lives in phoenicville and my midwife is in chester springs so i'm up that way ALL the time!

Amy... mom to
#12 of 21 Old 12-25-2007, 12:23 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by amymaew View Post
I've felt like that at the beginning of all 3 of my pregnancies. The only one I didn't feel like I was going to get my period any day now was the one I miscarried. Drives me batty though lol.
Oh thanks for saying this. I have had the gassy, crampy feeling too, and today I even had very, very light spotting. I am just making myself a little crazy with worry.
#13 of 21 Old 12-25-2007, 04:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meredyth0315 View Post
I feel the same way. I do feel like all will be well with the babe, but after having a loss, my biggest fear is wiping and seeing blood, sorry if TMI. I'm a nervous wiper I'm just taking it one day at a time, and wishing baby well & sending lots of sticky thoughts. But I'm confident that I will be holding my little babe come August
Me too. I just had gas pains and got worried because they can mimic uterine cramping to me. Luckily a trip the bathroom fixed that!

Mom of a 7 yr old, 4 yr old, and 1 yr old. Wow. How did that happen?
#14 of 21 Old 12-26-2007, 11:08 AM
Banned

amy: are you using rising moon midwifery? i'm considering them. do you think they'd be open to UC shadow care?
#15 of 21 Old 12-26-2007, 11:37 AM

Quote:
amy: are you using rising moon midwifery? i'm considering them. do you think they'd be open to UC shadow care?
Yes I am! Jane might be - I don't know about Kate. I'm going to see Jane next week if you want me to see what her feelings on it are. lmk I love them both - Kate caught Henry and was VERY hands off. She arrived about 1/2 hour before Henry was born. Feel free to pm me

Amy... mom to
#16 of 21 Old 12-26-2007, 11:53 AM

I am a mess. I just poas to see how VERY dark the line waqs compared to the faint line I got a week after my missed AF. There was no mistaking it was very pregnant but I am really looking forward to a quatitative

Mom of many minions . . . babyf.gif jumpers.gif     jumpers.gif     jumpers.gif
"And when our baby stirs and struggles to be born it compels humility: what we began is now its own." Margaret Mead 
#17 of 21 Old 12-26-2007, 12:05 PM

Oh yeah, beyond nervous. I'm on progesterone supplements now because my levels were dropping, this is my 3rd pregnancy this year, and I'm still crampy.

I'm a basketcase. I have an ultrasound next week to try for a heartbeat and that seems so far away.

Mama to a 5.5 yr old boy and a 2.5 yr old girl.  Expecting baby 3 (another girl!) late June
***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***stillheart.gif

#18 of 21 Old 12-26-2007, 12:37 PM

Yeah - I'm very nervous too, even though I am feeling good about this pregnancy and have a lot of m/s, I am checking the TP obsessively and am reluctant to announce it to others (although it appears as though my MIL is taking care of that for me ).

....the more time that goes on, the better that I am feeling about it though...hopefully you will, too.
#19 of 21 Old 12-26-2007, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach03 View Post
Oh yeah, beyond nervous. I'm on progesterone supplements now because my levels were dropping, this is my 3rd pregnancy this year, and I'm still crampy.

I'm a basketcase. I have an ultrasound next week to try for a heartbeat and that seems so far away.
Wow, what a year you've had! I'm praying that this pregnancy will go well for you!

Tracey, mama of 5 beloved children here with me on Earth and one precious son I will meet again in Heaven 6/17/09 - 9/6/09.

#20 of 21 Old 12-26-2007, 04:19 PM

Thanks tangozulu

Mama to a 5.5 yr old boy and a 2.5 yr old girl.  Expecting baby 3 (another girl!) late June
***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***stillheart.gif

#21 of 21 Old 12-27-2007, 01:33 AM

I'm nervous too. I don't really have many symptoms. I never had ms with my other two, but I remember my bbs growing and feeling really sore all the time. With this pregnancy, the tenderness comes and goes. I do feel that there's something going on down there. It almost feels like BH where something down there ( a few inches from the belly button) sort of hardens and then softens again, yet it feels gentle. I'm having a really hard time putting it into words though. I'm not quite 5 weeks so I don't know what it could be. Maybe it's just my innards rumbling around.

I have a little fatigue, but I'm not sure if that's due to all the running around from the holidays or if it is the pregnancy. My pants don't require me to wear a belt to stay up anymore. My provider doesn't see patients until 10 wks, and it seems so far away.

SAHM to 3 boys ages 10, 7, and 3.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page