regular clothes or maternity clothes? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 12-30-2007, 04:06 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
my favorite jeans died they needed to be replaced anyway. I've got other jeans, but they aren't fitting well these days. So do I stick it out and just deal with not having a new 'favorite' pair of jeans, buy maternity jeans that will probably be too small in a few months anyway, or buy regular jeans in the next size up?
#2 of 12 Old 12-30-2007, 08:26 AM

well, if you buy regular jeans in the next size up, you can wear them after the baby too when you're still getting back to before baby shape.

Amy... mom to
Keith, Henry and Caroline
#3 of 12 Old 12-30-2007, 10:17 AM

I would get the maternity clothes. A good pair of maternity jeans can be so comfortable! I bought the next size up when I was pregnant with DS. I rarely wore the pants while pregnant. The button band would bother me when I sat down. After DS I wore my maternity pants for a while and then I was back in my regular size jeans. I donated the bigger size jeans, and they were practically brand new.
#4 of 12 Old 12-30-2007, 10:27 AM

Get the maternity clothes - I've already bought a few things on sale, and a friend is giving me some more next week. For me, it's the pants that are most important fit-wise; I can't stand for my belly to feel pinched!
#5 of 12 Old 12-30-2007, 10:27 AM

I'd say spring for the "transition" wear, like the underbelly styles. I was too cheap to buy those during my first pregnancy but I have some now (from SIL) and it's soooo much better. The pants-a-size-up I bought when I was pregnant the first time were never very comfortable and looked sloppy, it wasn't really the good value I thought it would be.
#6 of 12 Old 12-30-2007, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wednesday View Post
I'd say spring for the "transition" wear, like the underbelly styles. I was too cheap to buy those during my first pregnancy but I have some now (from SIL) and it's soooo much better.
Yes, the underbelly pants are what I bought!
#7 of 12 Old 12-30-2007, 11:15 AM

Another idea is to wear your regular jeans unbuttoned with a belly band over the top. That way you can wait a bit before having to buy maternity. http://www.ingridandisabel.com/bellaband.html
#8 of 12 Old 12-30-2007, 11:28 AM

Deliarose beat me to it!

My instant thought was "spring for a bellaband." You can make ANY pair of jeans fit with that thing! And rather comfortably. They range 17-30 bucks - but you won't have any more probs making pants fit.

Ok, not sure about that very last month actually, but...
#9 of 12 Old 12-30-2007, 12:27 PM

I wash going to suggest the bella band as well; a great investment!
#10 of 12 Old 12-30-2007, 02:01 PM

I use an eleastic looped through the hole of my jeans and around the button when the time comes so I vote buy your regular size

Mom of many minions . . . babyf.gif jumpers.gif     jumpers.gif     jumpers.gif
"And when our baby stirs and struggles to be born it compels humility: what we began is now its own." Margaret Mead 
#11 of 12 Old 12-30-2007, 08:37 PM

I had the same problem. Maternity clothes were too big but I was definately out of regular ones. So I found these awesome, non-maternity but could be, sweatpants that have a drawstring so they fit me now and have room to expand for at least a couple months I'm sure. And they aren't grubby sweats - they are almost like yoga pants and can pass for dressy or casual.

Jenn (36), wife to DH for 13 years, DD1(13) , DD2(10) and DS(4)

#12 of 12 Old 12-31-2007, 11:51 AM

I would say spring for a few maternity clothes, particularly the pants. Since I've got a little belly now, the maternity pants feel most comfortable. I don't plan to buy many maternity shirts until further in the pregnancy but I have tons of strapless shirts from my pre-prego days to wear in the spring and summer.

Book loverread.gif - Sewer sewmachine.gif - Movie lover lurk.gif - Mommy to a wonderful little boy (8/4/08) biggrinbounce.gif - Aspiring writer notes.gif - On a mission to lose 15 pounds - all-around cool chick hippie.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page