Forgive me, for I have sinned.... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-01-2008, 07:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
....I went through a McDonald's drive through at 11:15am this morning, and got a McChicken sandwhich....and the worst part was that DD was in the car!

I gave her a piece of the bun so that I could wolf down the terrible/terrific burger...

I'm too embarassed to admit this to anyone in real life...

please tell me I'm not the only one!

charlene
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2008, 07:15 PM

I had fast food last night after the NYE party we went to. it wasn't even any good. I was disappointed. If I'm going to be 'bad' and eat fries, I want them to at least be tasty. I'm paying for it today though ick.

I do really, really want chik-fil-a lemonade. mmm lemonade. it's so freaking good. I can live with out the waffle fries and chicky sandwich, but I can't pass on the lemonade.
Old 01-01-2008, 07:15 PM

French fries have been the only thing that has consistently tasted good to me lately. I ate some from Chili's today along with my grilled chicken breast. It was supposed to come with seasonal veggies, but I subbed for fries instead.

Bad, I know! I almost gagged choking down the chicken, but the fries were wonderful.

Mama to a 5.5 yr old boy and a 2.5 yr old girl.  Expecting baby 3 (another girl!) late June
***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***stillheart.gif

Old 01-01-2008, 07:19 PM

During my last pregnancy I craved McChickens constantly. And when I ate one, it usually got rid of my nausea for the next few hours. Don't be hard on yourself. Sure, it's junk food but the occasional McChicken won't be the end of the world. And if it makes you feel better, :
Old 01-01-2008, 07:33 PM

French fries have been a staple for me, too. Warm, greasy, salty...

You're not alone!

Decluttering SAHM of three. Going for 2011 items in 2011.
Old 01-01-2008, 07:36 PM

lol! LOVE the title!

I actually did worse though. With the nausea, all I can think of to eat is sugar. And you have to understand something - this is not like a "normal" person eating sugar. I have Lyme and sugar FERTILIZES it. But I ate the sugar - several times. It was stupid, but it gave me relief from the nausea/hunger for a few hours.

Oh, and I actually want McD too - I just haven't caved. Figure I couldn't after eating FREAKING POISON FERTILIZER. Rarrr.
Old 01-01-2008, 08:09 PM

I have had McD's once this pregnancy and I am only 7 weeks... ugh. Last pregnancy I ended up living on it... and I justified it because I was on the Brewer diet and I could get half my protein for the day in a shake and nuggets and a cheeseburger or something similar. We had no kitchen where we lived then, either, so that just enabled me further :

This time I am supposed to be on the WAPF diet and right now nothing really seems appetizing.

write@home mama to big boy (04-06) and little boy (10-08)
and someone new in november stork-suprise.gif

Old 01-01-2008, 10:47 PM

lol I'm with ya! I went through McDs just today for that very sandwhich and some fries. I have justified my sins though......I took dd skiing today for her first time (she is 2 1/2) and needless to say it was MISERY! Anyway not thinking when we decided to go skiing that it was the end of a holiday weekend and even though snow was in the forcast I figured we'd be out of there by noon so it shouldn't be a problem...well let me tell you a normally 1 hour trip turned into 3 1/2 HOURS! Normally I pack a lunch for a ski trip, but I knew we wouldn't be there too long. UGH! Traffic was at a CRAWL for 3 hours! An I'm still not feeling the least bit guilty about that sandwhich!

I do try to stay away from those places, but I don't beat myself up too bad if once in a while I do
Old 01-01-2008, 11:36 PM

That sounds SOOOOO yummy right now! LOL:
Old 01-02-2008, 10:26 AM

LOL, I have been craving fish sandwiches from MD! No cheese and it has to be right out of the grease. Oh just sinnfully yucky!

Mom of many minions . . . babyf.gif jumpers.gif     jumpers.gif     jumpers.gif
"And when our baby stirs and struggles to be born it compels humility: what we began is now its own." Margaret Mead 
Old 01-02-2008, 10:58 AM

We lost our bathroom for a day, so I had to go to McDonalds to use the facilities (I can pee in a shower, but....) anyway, I bought an egg mcmuffin and a hash brown. My lips were greasy for a week. So good.

Happy SAHM Mom and CBE to three jumpers.gifboys:  DS1 (11/06), DS2 (7/08), DS3 (11/10) and D?4 (12/12)!

Old 01-02-2008, 12:15 PM

yum. it sounds delicious to me right now!!
Old 01-02-2008, 05:37 PM

Whoever said lemonade, I am totally craving that, too! My nausea is getting better but for awhile the only thing that sounded good was french fries and chicken mcnuggets.

Blessed mama of four
::
Old 01-02-2008, 06:25 PM

Lemonade! Yes! Must get some...

Decluttering SAHM of three. Going for 2011 items in 2011.
Old 01-02-2008, 06:49 PM

Oh! I don't even like lemonade, but it sounds deliciously sugary with a hint of sour. Yummmm. I'm craving it. And french fries. The ones that were JUST cooked from burger king. I don't like burger king either, but they have really crispy salty fries. . .
Old 01-03-2008, 02:07 AM

It sounds like lemonade and french fries are the winners! We went out to eat for dh's work Christmas party and I chugged 3 huge glasses of lemonade.

Blessed mama of four
Old 01-03-2008, 01:21 PM

hehehe I thought of you ladies last night...

I hate fast food. The thought of it makes my mouth water (as if ready to vomit) and all I can picture in my head is a vat of grease, full of unnatural 'food', then wrapped in funky paper/styrofoam and left to sit on a shelf for hours. *kak*

That said...

I demanded that DH get a chicken sandwich from BK last night - not the 'real chicken', the chicken flavored bread sandwich... Do you know which one I mean? The long one? I wolfed it down and looked for more, hoping DH hadn't finished his. :

Last night was the first night I didn't get sick before bed! I could be on to something, here...
Old 01-03-2008, 01:22 PM

whoopsie! Double post
Old 01-03-2008, 01:22 PM

oh, boy.
Old 01-03-2008, 05:08 PM

Hey, I can't say much. Over the holidays, while we were traveling alot, there were times that 'eating out' was the only option we had. I couldn't lower myself to McD's standards, personally, but I did indulge in some Taco Bell and Burger King. For the record, I don't *really* believe there is ANY difference between one fast food chain to another, but after watching Super Size Me multiple times (including during our holiday vacation) I just couldn't ACTUALLY EAT McD's ... lol.

Oh, while we're craving those french fries. Have you SEEN Super Size Me? Did you SEE the "Jar" expiriement? Long story short, McD's fries stayed in the jar for almost 3 months and still looked like the day they came out of the fryer. Have you ever cleaned out your toddlers car seat chair? We ate alot of fast food before our diet, and my toddler would get fries lodged in that thing for 6+ months and they still looked new!

Wanna fry fix? Grab two or three red potatoes and a little cooking oil. Just cut the potatoes long ways into stips and heat the oil in a skillet. Viola fries! They're excellent, satisfy the craving and totally guilt free! (I happen to be eating them now! lol )
Old 01-03-2008, 08:27 PM

i do not like mcds only cause i hate how all the kids are like ohhh my it is mcds we have to go their kwim soo i refuse to go their and if i have kids in my car their is noo way i would even drive by one kwim

but here in texas we have a whatabugar and omg i love that place if i want fast food i go their for everything soooo yummm

Amanda mom to Mahmoud 7-20-06, Kareem 8-23-08, and Baby #3 due May 19th 2011
Old 01-03-2008, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytomahmoud View Post
i do not like mcds only cause i hate how all the kids are like ohhh my it is mcds we have to go their kwim soo i refuse to go their and if i have kids in my car their is noo way i would even drive by one kwim

but here in texas we have a whatabugar and omg i love that place if i want fast food i go their for everything soooo yummm
maybe we should go get some whataburger
Old 01-03-2008, 09:02 PM

I have seen Super Size Me and as terrible as it was, I still like McDonald's fries. During my m/s I just eat what I can, though.

Blessed mama of four
Old 01-03-2008, 09:05 PM

Haha, I've been eating absolute crap. I survive on cookies somedays. The thought of good, healthy food makes me gag right now.

Newly single, chronically sleep deprived mama to my little wild thang wild.gif, born 11/17/12 

fly-by-nursing1.gif

Old 01-03-2008, 10:09 PM

I saw Supersize me and swore I would never take my kids there again. However...when one is x-mas shopping and doesn't have time to go home for lunch and McD's is the only option...a Quarter Pounder with cheese and extra pickles and a chocolate shake has never tasted so good in my entire life! (incidentally I still haven't taken my kids there....)
In fact I am thinking of going to look in the car for some of those fries.......I'm sure they are still preserved......LOL
sad i know. I have also been loving grape juice and peach juice (not together). So a lot of crappy food.
On the other hand I have not craved sweets at all (other than the milkshake!) and I have still been loving fruits and veggies and eating a lot of cereal with bananas to satisfy my hunger at night -so I'm not all bad! :-)

Jenn (36), wife to DH for 13 years, DD1(13) , DD2(10) and DS(4)

Old 01-03-2008, 10:17 PM

texaspeach i ask hubby to go their tonight for dinner after reading this thread i started wanting a whatafish sandwich hahah man i love that place hehehehe the double meat cheese bugar is just as yummmmmm heheheh

man i hope iam not the only one but i never let my baby eat in the car seat unless iam sitting next to him iam always afriad he will choke or soemthing but he can have his sippy cup in the car seat just nooo food that is the rule in my car sooo i ahve nooo 6 month old french fries in my car hahahah

Amanda mom to Mahmoud 7-20-06, Kareem 8-23-08, and Baby #3 due May 19th 2011
Old 01-03-2008, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytomahmoud View Post
texaspeach i ask hubby to go their tonight for dinner after reading this thread i started wanting a whatafish sandwich hahah man i love that place hehehehe the double meat cheese bugar is just as yummmmmm heheheh

man i hope iam not the only one but i never let my baby eat in the car seat unless iam sitting next to him iam always afriad he will choke or soemthing but he can have his sippy cup in the car seat just nooo food that is the rule in my car sooo i ahve nooo 6 month old french fries in my car hahahah
No I would never let a baby eat in the car, but if you've been on a long road trip with a 5 and 7 year old, you really have no choice. I'm pretty sure I have fries, cereal, crackers and stuff I wouldn't recognize in my car! LOL

Jenn (36), wife to DH for 13 years, DD1(13) , DD2(10) and DS(4)

Old 01-03-2008, 11:35 PM

For some reason I don't get morning sickness but I do have crazy food aversions which, as a normally picky eater, makes things difficult. I will not want to eat anything for a day or two. If I try to eat I just spit it back out on the plate because I just don't want it. Finally I end up caving in by eating Wendy's. A Jr. bacon cheeseburger, fries and a Frosty (have to dip my fries in the Frosty!) is quite possibly the only thing that I can eat without spitting it back out.
Old 01-03-2008, 11:40 PM

I had a Wendy's baked potato and chili. Could have been way worse if I thought I could handle a burger and frosty! Love to dip my fries in that Frosty, yum!

Mom of a 7 yr old, 4 yr old, and 1 yr old. Wow. How did that happen?

User Tag List