My Mouth Tastes like SOAP, YUCK! WHY? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 01-09-2008, 11:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(x-Posted)

Well it started about 24hrs ago, my mouth just tastes like soap. YUCK. I can't get rid of it, it is my saliva that actually tastes that way. I know it MUST be pregnancy related, I have never had this happen before ever. It is just disgusting and I am worried that the taste is trying to tell me something is OFF in my body. Anyone have any ideas or ever heard of anything like this before?

THANKS!

Mountain Biking bikenew.gifMama of 3 little beans, .      Epumped 1pump.gif 22mths for dd1 (2006) notes.gif
Nursed fly-by-nursing1.gifmy homebirth.jpg babe, dd2 (2008) until self weaned at 3yrsbouncy.gif. We survived a major nursing strike.

Awesome homebirth.jpg for Baby #3 who turned out to be a babygirl.gif (Aug 2013)!   

#2 of 6 Old 01-09-2008, 11:29 PM

I've heard of metallic tastes when pregnant.

Have you tried brushing your teeth? Rinsing out with a lemon juice mixture or similar strong flavor?
#3 of 6 Old 01-09-2008, 11:44 PM

I know this is really comforting, BUT I had this happen when I started taking an antibiotic. At this point, I taste it for 20 minutes, 2 hours after swallowing a pill, and otherwise it seems normal.

I know that's not the same, but it's good evidence you can get used to funky-flavored mouth chemistry.

Try hard candy? That helped me get used to the antibiotic-mouth.
#4 of 6 Old 01-10-2008, 11:23 AM

I had the metal mouth taste in the beginning. I usually passing but there was nothing I could do to shake it.

Book loverread.gif - Sewer sewmachine.gif - Movie lover lurk.gif - Mommy to a wonderful little boy (8/4/08) biggrinbounce.gif - Aspiring writer notes.gif - On a mission to lose 15 pounds - all-around cool chick hippie.gif

#5 of 6 Old 01-10-2008, 12:41 PM

Hmmm, I've never heard of this. However, I think you're spot on that it is an indication that something is OFF in your body. Are you taking any meds/supplements? Have you eaten any new foods? Maybe there is something you have been eating for awhile that your body may have been trying to warn you about before the pg,and now you're sensative enough to pick up on it? I'll talk to my midwife and see if she has any suggestions! I don't know what else to do. I'll keep my eyes open as I look through my 'natural' stuff.
#6 of 6 Old 01-10-2008, 01:40 PM

I have the same thing, it's been happening for about a week now. It gets worse as the day progresses. It's almost as if I've been eating sugary candy all day long, but of course, I haven't. It sucks!

The only experience I've had with a weird taste in my mouth is from constipation/acid stomach, which I had problems with a while ago. But that was more of an acidic taste, definitely different.

Mama to BeaMax, born 8-3-08 :
: : : : :

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page