My potatoes have failed me - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 20 Old 01-10-2008, 03:45 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The potatoes that had been so calming to my stomach made me sick tonight.

Oh, woo is me! What can I eat? Those that are really nauseated what is settling well with you?

Mom of a 7 yr old, 4 yr old, and 1 yr old. Wow. How did that happen?
#2 of 20 Old 01-10-2008, 10:44 AM

Pasta, rice, and garbonzo beans all settle my stomach!
#3 of 20 Old 01-10-2008, 11:09 AM

Hmm..I haven't tried the pasta but brown rice seems to work pretty good for me. Have you tried hummus (chickpeas) or even black beans? Great sources of protein.

Book loverread.gif - Sewer sewmachine.gif - Movie lover lurk.gif - Mommy to a wonderful little boy (8/4/08) biggrinbounce.gif - Aspiring writer notes.gif - On a mission to lose 15 pounds - all-around cool chick hippie.gif

#4 of 20 Old 01-10-2008, 11:55 AM

The title of this thread is funny to me - I guess I needed a laugh.

Whole wheat toast, apples, pretzels and cheese are about all I can do right now.

April thankful mommy to my boys Big Red 3/06 Little Z 9/08 and happily awaiting the arrival of 10/10 :
#5 of 20 Old 01-10-2008, 01:09 PM

Apples, string cheese, almonds, and honey nut cheerios are all I'm living on right now.

Mama to a 5.5 yr old boy and a 2.5 yr old girl.  Expecting baby 3 (another girl!) late June
***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***stillheart.gif

#6 of 20 Old 01-10-2008, 01:56 PM

nothing works for me

i am hungry but the throught of food makes me sick and if i dont eat i get sick and their is nothing that sounds good man i really hope this ends soon

but i have been eating nuts any type of nut starting at 2am when i wake starving and then i eat them again as soon as i wake in the morning and that seems to help a little bit once i force myself to acually eat them

Amanda mom to Mahmoud 7-20-06, Kareem 8-23-08, and Baby #3 due May 19th 2011
#7 of 20 Old 01-10-2008, 02:30 PM - Thread Starter

Well cheddar cheese and pickles did okay last night. I had heard that sour foods were good for pregnancy nausea.

Mom of a 7 yr old, 4 yr old, and 1 yr old. Wow. How did that happen?
#8 of 20 Old 01-10-2008, 02:41 PM

I had some of that really rich, moist lemon loaf cake with the super-sweet glaze on it this morning and BOY did that hit the spot. The perfect combination of sweet and sour.

Yesterday I drank a whole pitcher of lemonade.

Something about sweet/sour is really good right now. I think that's why I'm loving the veggie grinders (subs, heroes) right now, too. The pickles and the salt and pepper and the tomatoes and cheese... :

Rice pudding can be good, too -- very sweet and heavy with a little cinnamon.

Some things vary day-to-day -- two days ago, pizza was a non-starter but then yesterday when I was really hungry and about to lose it I forced myself to eat some and it helped. Last pg I couldn't do red sauce at all, though.

Decluttering SAHM of three. Going for 2011 items in 2011.
#9 of 20 Old 01-10-2008, 03:00 PM

For me grilled cheese or scrambled eggs work.

Stella, wild and gentle mama to Toby(12/14/04), Cedar(8/17/08), Luca (3/15/14), and one on the way!

#10 of 20 Old 01-10-2008, 04:13 PM

Glad I'm not the only one with changing cravings.

First I wanted fish then I baked the fish, DH ate it like nothing else and I barely stomached it.

Now I can't think of one thing to eat. Tried cottage cheese and peaches, the peaches were good, cottage cheese was not so great.

Hope everyone can find something to eat, are you eating protein. This is the hardest for me.

Jenn
#11 of 20 Old 01-10-2008, 04:19 PM

Rice Krispies have helped for me when I can't even think of eating the dinner I cooked for myself and DH. Last night, I cooked pork chops, wild rice and corn, but ate none of it. A bowl of Rice Krispies was all I could handle...then a late night run to McDonalds for a chicken nugget happy meal.:
#12 of 20 Old 01-10-2008, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldfinch View Post
I had some of that really rich, moist lemon loaf cake with the super-sweet glaze on it this morning and BOY did that hit the spot. The perfect combination of sweet and sour.

Yesterday I drank a whole pitcher of lemonade.
Me, too.
Meyer lemons are in the stores right now and I've been really craving them. So far I've made lemon chicken, lemon pudding, lemonade...

I am also loving homemade oven fries with lots and lots of ketchup - something we don't even normally have in the house. There's something about the sweet and sour that keeps the nausea at bay.
Finally, I was feeling so, so sick on the weekend and a big bowl of Vietnamese pho really did the trick.

Megan, loving her sweet rainbow1284.gif boys, born Aug. 2008 and Feb. 2011, and their sister, born still March 2007 candle.gif
#13 of 20 Old 01-10-2008, 05:51 PM

rice, beans and nuts. I've been eating rice cakes with peanut butter every morning as it is the only thing I can keep down for some reason. For lunch and dinner I've had beans and rice mixed with some dark lettuce with a tortilla on the side a lot of the time. Nuts and dried fruit are good snack foods so far.

Divorced mama to baby girl (7/5/06) and baby boy (8/5/08) Into anything fun and creative!
#14 of 20 Old 01-10-2008, 07:53 PM

Popcorn with salt, guiltless gourmet chips (salty), peppermint ice cream (bad, I know) pretzels, black and refried beans with salsa....hang in there!
#15 of 20 Old 01-10-2008, 08:07 PM

Try really weak ginger tea.... make sure its weak and not more than 1 cup a day ....

I LOVE CHERRIOS!

For me though, eating anything just about will settle my tummy. Problem is, just thinking about food makes me wanna hurl.

When does m/s end again? Cuz I didn't expirience this w/ the other three.
#16 of 20 Old 01-10-2008, 08:23 PM

For me it has to be super processed. Apple Jacks, Coca-Cola, frosted pop tarts, weak lemonade from powder are my best bet. : Sometimes triscuits with cream cheese. Almost anything else makes me puke, and trying something when it's not Exactly What I Want makes me puke, so then I'm two steps behind where I was when I started.

Generally, 95% of my diet is whole, raw foods, but early pregnancy is just opposite-ville. I keep thinking maybe I like this super processed stuff because there are absolutely no nutrients my system has to work on getting out? Whatever it is it's so weird.

Not really helpful suggestions, I know. Good luck!
#17 of 20 Old 01-10-2008, 09:27 PM

Thanks for the admission. Coca-cola is a big part of my diet right now and I've been scared to admit it!

Decluttering SAHM of three. Going for 2011 items in 2011.
#18 of 20 Old 01-10-2008, 09:49 PM

coke zero has found its way to our house this pregnancy, and i cannot STAND coke! i have not ever liked plain coke, it was always sickening to me, but i cannot stand diet coke now and want the zero!

megan, something a nurse told me about fighting nausea was to drink the syrup from a can of fruit.. sounded gross, but by accident last week i found myself drinking the juice from the bottom of a container of pineapple and it really hit the spot in the AM and helped fight off a good puke.

i apparently crave a lot of the same things when struck with m/s.. mostly citrus, pineapple, fresh fruit..
#19 of 20 Old 01-10-2008, 09:50 PM

OK, while we're being bad! I'm craving all the wrong stuff! I want chocolate more now than ever! I've had ice cream and chocolate chip cookies and I would kill for a chocolate doughnut or bovarian cream filled chocolate eclair! OMG! Oh, and I had some candybars too ...
#20 of 20 Old 01-10-2008, 11:22 PM

Toast, rice crispies, ice cream , scrambled eggs, kix cereal when I feel sick. When I feel better, I can eat most foods but some just don't appeal to me right now.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page