Is this your last pregnancy? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 27 Old 01-11-2008, 04:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm pretty sure this will be the last one for me. I know I'm in the throws of m/s and fatigue but I just really don't want a 4th child. I think 3 will be plenty for me. And if this pregnancy, God forbid, doesn't end well I don't think I'll try again. I just don't have any desire to be pregnant ever again.

dh wants to wait till after the baby is born to get a vasectomy. I'll support him in that but I'll also be very careful about sex after the baby is born until his test comes back with a zero count!

Is this anyone else's last pregnancy?

Mom of a 7 yr old, 4 yr old, and 1 yr old. Wow. How did that happen?
#2 of 27 Old 01-11-2008, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Megan~ View Post
Is this anyone else's last pregnancy?
Well, according to my dh, yes, according to me, no lol. I've convinced him to hold off on getting the big V until after the baby comes though - he was ready to go get fixed about 2 minutes after I peed on a stick lol!

Amy... mom to
Keith, Henry and Caroline
#3 of 27 Old 01-11-2008, 05:09 PM

Probably. DH only wants two, but I'd prefer at least three. He's pretty adamant about only two.
I adore being pregnant, but I can see what he's saying, and as much as I think big families are SO stinking awesome, I am probably not cut out for more than three, max.
I'm only 20 and it blows my mind to think I'll be done having children at 21. I guess only time will tell. Maybe I'll luck out with another unplanned pregnancy?
#4 of 27 Old 01-11-2008, 05:37 PM

This will be our second. If it were up to dh, we'd probably have a whole herd of them running around but I think two is a very good number. I have always had a very strong feeling that I should adopt someone who is unwanted and in need of a loving family. Hopefully we will end up adopting at least one but as for biological, this will definitely be the last one. I don't think my body is really built for having babies!

Divorced mama to baby girl (7/5/06) and baby boy (8/5/08) Into anything fun and creative!
#5 of 27 Old 01-11-2008, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Megan~ View Post
I'm pretty sure this will be the last one for me. I know I'm in the throws of m/s and fatigue but I just really don't want a 4th child. I think 3 will be plenty for me. And if this pregnancy, God forbid, doesn't end well I don't think I'll try again. I just don't have any desire to be pregnant ever again.
I kind of feel the same. I think I am only feeling this way because of my fatigue and food aversions. I never experienced that with my previous pregnancies, so I guess I've been very lucky/spoiled. Plus we're getting older so I don't know where another baby will fall in our timeline.

SAHM to 3 boys ages 10, 7, and 3.

#6 of 27 Old 01-11-2008, 06:24 PM

Heck, I thought I was done *before* this pregnancy!

Assuming all goes well with this pg, I'll be 38 when I deliver. We'll have three kids.

Yeah, we'll be done.

Decluttering SAHM of three. Going for 2011 items in 2011.
#7 of 27 Old 01-11-2008, 06:38 PM

Absolutely. We originally planned 2 children and I talked DH into 3. This will be our 4th and final. Since we've conceived using various forms of birth control and I'm not comfortable using hormonal methods, we will probably go with a vasectomy and/or tubal after the birth.
#8 of 27 Old 01-11-2008, 07:06 PM

I always thought I'd want three, but two (knock on wood) seems good right now. I keep telling DH (who wants 10) that this is the last time I ever want to be pregnant. This could also be the first trimester talking
#9 of 27 Old 01-11-2008, 07:08 PM

My last pregnancy was 3 children ago!

Mom of many minions . . . babyf.gif jumpers.gif     jumpers.gif     jumpers.gif
"And when our baby stirs and struggles to be born it compels humility: what we began is now its own." Margaret Mead 
#10 of 27 Old 01-11-2008, 07:22 PM

Win ir lose, this is our last pregnancy. If I have a third miscarriage in less than a year, I am taking that as a big fat sign that we should stop at 2.

FWIW, I always thought I only wanted 2, but when my youngest turned 2 I became open to the idea of a third. It was a very hard decision for me to make, but I know we will love having one more should he or she arrive.

I'm Deborah, mama to Aidan, 11/02, Sean, 9/04 (my T21 SuperBoy), and Eleanor, 8/08.
#11 of 27 Old 01-11-2008, 07:38 PM

Yes, I think so. I think three is going to be the limit as to what I can handle. I don't like the idea of vasectomy though. I feel changed by my c-sections and while v is more "minor" surgery, I'm concerned about supporting it. I'm not sure what else could make me feel safe enough though as we conceive very easily.
#12 of 27 Old 01-11-2008, 08:22 PM

Yes.

Actually, my now 2yo daughter was my last, lol

In the end, only three things matter: how much you loved, how gently you lived, and how gracefully you let go of things not meant for you." Buddha

#13 of 27 Old 01-11-2008, 09:18 PM

I'm several kids away from being "done," I hope. This is baby #3 for us, and I sure want a break for a few years after this, but I sure don't feel done. And I'm even saying that at 9 weeks pregnant in the throes of morning sickness.
#14 of 27 Old 01-11-2008, 10:11 PM

Can't imagine another...this one will make 3. I used to want 4-6 kids I love bigger families, Dh only wanted 2. We thought for a long time, we hadn't really decided for sure and then I was pregnant.

We have done foster care before and I think that might be in the future, maybe even adoption.

Jenn
#15 of 27 Old 01-11-2008, 10:11 PM

lol might have thought baby #3 was now pregnant with four..
it ain't over till its over or this lady sings..
I think at five I'd get my tubes tied....
I don't want to end up driving a family extendo airporter van

8 might be enough
#16 of 27 Old 01-11-2008, 11:13 PM

I can't ever imagine being done. This is #2, I would love 4 of my own and then to adopt two children. I plan to take a break after this one though, and take a year off after s/he has self-weaned before ttc again. I want to have my wisdom teeth removed and do a really good cleanse and have my toxic mercury fillings replaced too... and that's just a start

write@home mama to big boy (04-06) and little boy (10-08)
and someone new in november stork-suprise.gif

#17 of 27 Old 01-11-2008, 11:34 PM

Biologically I think yes we're done, but we've always wanted to adopt as well, so that will probably be in the next couple years. This will be #3 for us as well.

Meredyth partners.gif Travis, Mama to my boys J, L, E & my girl B
Bella Rose is here 07/29/10!
Always missing my angel1.gif
#18 of 27 Old 01-12-2008, 12:32 AM

Quote:
I want to have my wisdom teeth removed and do a really good cleanse and have my toxic mercury fillings replaced too... and that's just a start
lol all the things you can't do while breastfeedin or pregnant.
I got all my mercury out last time the little man weaned...
no metal left..got some minor gum surgery out of the way too
-hey when you have that window of opportunity not being pregnant or breastfeeding - I even donated blood and called up to go on bone marrow registry...

cleanse, fast, detox PLUS add some more toxins in...like a mojito...., run a marathon, do some home renovations, paint....an extreme sport or two
sigh....actually I'll settle for putting in a mamoth fluff order!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and a few unmentionable thousand extra calories in my mouth

BREASTFEEDING ROCKS!
I digress....

8 might be enough
#19 of 27 Old 01-12-2008, 02:56 AM

Who knows?

We keep on going back and forth. Before #1 we had decided on 5, after him it was 2 or 3. After a m/c a year and a half ago and another seven months of TTC without any luck we just kind of threw up our hands and said whatever, our kid is great so we're happy with one. Now that I'm pregnant again (and obviously not infertile) we're back to a few (between 3 and 5). So who knows . . . just kind of playing it by ear and understanding that God and the universe work in wonderous ways!
#20 of 27 Old 01-12-2008, 02:55 PM

Yes, our fourth and last.

Uhhh... I mean our fourth and FIFTH and last!! Little stinker! hehe...

wife - mother - midwife

CIRCUMCISION

The more you know, the worse it gets.

#21 of 27 Old 01-12-2008, 04:15 PM

This is it. Actually #2 was it and dh and I both heartily agreed on that! So . . . this is definitely it! He'll be getting fixed at some point during this pg.
#22 of 27 Old 01-12-2008, 08:01 PM

We think it is. Because of my rough pregnancy history, and the stress invovled with being pregnant and trying to lov the baby, yet not get too attached too fast, we think this has to be it. We already have submitted foster parenting/adoption paperwork for the state, before this pregnancy, so the rest of our children will come about that way. 13 pregnancies is enough for me.

Melissa- homeschooling mom to Samantha ( 9) Gabby ( 8) Emma (6) and Diesel (12 months) and Rachel Rebecca Brock Erik Joe Noah 6-25-10 5 early miscarriages
#23 of 27 Old 01-12-2008, 08:11 PM

before we married, we talked about having only one child. so this might be it for us. I was raised as an only, and some of my bestfriends are only children, so I'm comfortable with the idea. We won't do anything permanent for a few years in case we change our minds.

btw on the topic of amalgam fillings, I was in the process of having mine replaced, and had one removed/replaced the cycle before I got pregnant. Would you be worried about it?
#24 of 27 Old 01-13-2008, 12:48 AM

Well, I thought we were done with 2. But my dh wanted more (I think he just thought that and I got pg!), so here is #3 and I really want it to be my last. Dh said we'll see and I really want him to get the big V before the baby is born. Hopefully I can talk him into it!

TF, BF, CD, HS, AP'ing Mama!

#25 of 27 Old 01-13-2008, 07:19 PM

hmm... well our family is what you'd call a blended one I guess it started out as my son, his son and now our daughter together so altogether we have 3 already, but since one is my stepson I've only been pregnant twice not counting this time. This is only our 2nd pregnancy together and we're just enjoying our family so much. My husband is sort of on the fence leaning towards we're done, but is surprisingly still open to it since he only has one sibling (and his family thinks we should have been done with our daughter). I'm one of four children so to me the more the merrier...

Maybe one more after this one... maybe. lol

7th Heaven here we come! Due date early May
#26 of 27 Old 01-13-2008, 07:47 PM

I'll probably have one more in 3 years (I hope to be married then) and then another. I figure 3 kids won't be so bad but I could definitely be happy with just two.

Book loverread.gif - Sewer sewmachine.gif - Movie lover lurk.gif - Mommy to a wonderful little boy (8/4/08) biggrinbounce.gif - Aspiring writer notes.gif - On a mission to lose 15 pounds - all-around cool chick hippie.gif

#27 of 27 Old 01-14-2008, 12:16 PM

Yes this is my second and last. I was happy with one, really, really, really happy but my husband wanted a second. I actually think if this pregnancy doesn't work out, I had two miscarriages already, that I will go on birth control and convince my husband that one is enough. I think I am traumatized because all my friends have already had number two's and their lives seem too hard to me.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page