have you gained/lost weight? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 20 Old 01-14-2008, 01:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I haven't been eating very well - we went on vacation for a week and we all know that means eating out a lot.

despite all that, I haven't gained any weight at 8 weeks 3 days. This is good for me, being the fluffy gal that I am, my target weight gain is on the low end of the suggested weight gain (20-25lbs instead of 25-35 lbs). I'll be happy if I only gain 2-3 lbs by 12 weeks.

what about you? how far along are you, have you gained/lost weight? how do you feel about it?
#2 of 20 Old 01-14-2008, 02:31 PM

I have actually lost a bit of weight. It fluctuates every day but today I was 5 lbs lighter than I was when I found out I was pg. Some days it is only 3 lbs lighter. I am sure that has to do with water retention.

I am actually kind of happy about it. I too am on the fluffy side and still had 20lbs to lose from having my last LO. My goal is only to gain about 20lbs total.

I know that a lot of not gaining anything so far is that I am eating a bit healthier. I haven't had the energy to excercise much so I know it isn't from that! LOL

I haven't met with my midwife yet so she may have other weight goals for me.
#3 of 20 Old 01-14-2008, 02:45 PM

I lost about 6 pounds and feel I might be gaining it back since I'm eating. My eating and is still very limited and not heavy at all. I do snack on tons of veggies and fruit so I know there is no weight gain there. I goal is to not be one those women who gains about 80 pounds during pregnancy. 20, I can deal with but I would love 15 even more. LOL

Book loverread.gif - Sewer sewmachine.gif - Movie lover lurk.gif - Mommy to a wonderful little boy (8/4/08) biggrinbounce.gif - Aspiring writer notes.gif - On a mission to lose 15 pounds - all-around cool chick hippie.gif

#4 of 20 Old 01-14-2008, 03:33 PM

Well, I too am not back to where I want to be after birth #1, and so far have lost weight. I am 7 weeks in, so I'm pretty happy about that, though I know it's because I am so nauseous and have a limited appetite. I've been trying to make sure I get lots of protein and fruits and veggies, but bleh, I don't want to eat anything right now.

I hope to gain very minimally this time around as well!

I am not crunchy enough for this forum. Everyday I get a little crunchier though! :
#5 of 20 Old 01-14-2008, 04:08 PM

I'm 10wk5d and have lost atleast 6 pounds. Doesn't this phenomenon seem weird as we're watching our bellies get poochy? Makes no sense at all.
#6 of 20 Old 01-14-2008, 04:13 PM

I'm in week 8 also and have lost about 3. But I chalk that up to nausea and I change my eating habits completely, so lots of fruits & veggies and no Entenmann's chocolate donuts My usual wieght gain is about 14 lbs or so and hopefully this baby will be no different - although it seems wrong that the only time I lose weight is when I'm supposed to be eating for 2!!

Meredyth partners.gif Travis, Mama to my boys J, L, E & my girl B
Bella Rose is here 07/29/10!
Always missing my angel1.gif
#7 of 20 Old 01-14-2008, 04:56 PM

I'm either at or 2lb over what I weighed when I found out I was pregnant. I'm 9w4d (I had to look it up. . . this is obviously not my first baby, or I would have known). I'm pretty petite, so I'm ok with having gained a tiny bit already. I'm also nursing 2 kiddos, so the fact that I've kept enough food down to be able to gain is making me really happy. I was SO sick for the longest time.
#8 of 20 Old 01-14-2008, 05:39 PM

Maybe I should get a scale...

Decluttering SAHM of three. Going for 2011 items in 2011.
#9 of 20 Old 01-14-2008, 06:10 PM

I have lost a pound from my pre-pg weight but I did get to the point where I'd gained 3-4 lbs a couple of weeks ago. I am now 1lb above where I started with DS's pregnancy, but I gained 39lbs and though it was all gone by 3mths PP, I don't want to do that again. By 12 weeks I had gained 2-3 lbs with him, I believe, and it wasn't until I hit 20 weeks that it started to pile on.

write@home mama to big boy (04-06) and little boy (10-08)
and someone new in november stork-suprise.gif

#10 of 20 Old 01-14-2008, 06:57 PM

With my first I didn't gain any weight till maybe month 4 or 5. Second is different I am at ten weeks and I think I have gained about 7 pounds maybe.
#11 of 20 Old 01-14-2008, 07:07 PM

I think I lost 5# since getting preggo. Though I made some yummy cranberry coffee cake yesterday, so I better watch out! I am nursing as well & trying for lower carb, higher protein diet.
#12 of 20 Old 01-14-2008, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldfinch View Post
Maybe I should get a scale...
I should change the batteries in mine. They went out just before I got pregnant so I have no idea. I didn't weigh myself at home last pregnancy at all. It started b/c dh didn't think it was safe b/c our scale measures body fat too and then I just didn't do it because I was always weighed at the mw office. But it feels like I have gained about 5 lbs so far and I am close to 8 weeks.
I DO weigh myself AFTER the baby is born b/c its AWESOME to see the weight come off. I lost 20 lbs more after passing my pre pregnancy weight with ds so that was cool.

April thankful mommy to my boys Big Red 3/06 Little Z 9/08 and happily awaiting the arrival of 10/10 :
#13 of 20 Old 01-14-2008, 10:38 PM

I have lost weight, maybe like 4 pounds? I'm dealing with nausea and low appetite, as well as significant food aversions. I'm glad to lose a little weight though, as I was trying to lose some when I got pregnant.
#14 of 20 Old 01-14-2008, 10:39 PM

I've only gained two pounds! WTH? I guess this is fine???

Book loverread.gif - Sewer sewmachine.gif - Movie lover lurk.gif - Mommy to a wonderful little boy (8/4/08) biggrinbounce.gif - Aspiring writer notes.gif - On a mission to lose 15 pounds - all-around cool chick hippie.gif

#15 of 20 Old 01-15-2008, 07:54 AM

Gained a bit, but I was VERY small to begin with. The only thing that helps the M/S is to : even though the thought of eating is repulsive. Well thats the reason for the weight gain it helped my M/S.

Mountain Biking bikenew.gifMama of 3 little beans, .      Epumped 1pump.gif 22mths for dd1 (2006) notes.gif
Nursed fly-by-nursing1.gifmy homebirth.jpg babe, dd2 (2008) until self weaned at 3yrsbouncy.gif. We survived a major nursing strike.

Awesome homebirth.jpg for Baby #3 who turned out to be a babygirl.gif (Aug 2013)!   

#16 of 20 Old 01-15-2008, 09:54 AM

I am staying the same

Mom of many minions . . . babyf.gif jumpers.gif     jumpers.gif     jumpers.gif
"And when our baby stirs and struggles to be born it compels humility: what we began is now its own." Margaret Mead 
#17 of 20 Old 01-15-2008, 12:07 PM

I am down about 9 lbs. I generally dont gain wt when i am pregnant. but i am hoping to actually gain about 20 lbs this time.

Melissa- homeschooling mom to Samantha ( 9) Gabby ( 8) Emma (6) and Diesel (12 months) and Rachel Rebecca Brock Erik Joe Noah 6-25-10 5 early miscarriages
#18 of 20 Old 01-15-2008, 12:45 PM

My midwives believe very strongly that there isn't a set amount of weight that a pregnant woman "should" gain. I try not to pay much attention to the scale - I only weigh myself at midwife visits. I eat according to what my body seems to want.

Last time I lost 7lbs in the first trimester and only crossed over my pre-pregnancy weight again when I was late in the second trimester. I gained 15lbs overall.

This time I was shocked at my first midwife appt to find that I seemed to have lost 8lbs already. But I re-weighed myself on the scale at work (where I'd weighed myself to find out my pre-pregnancy weight, because we don't have a scale at home) and found that I'd actually only lost about 4lbs.

I certainly don't think that anyone should freak out about losing weight or not gaining in the first trimester! It's totally normal.

Alexandra 4.11.05 and Colin 2.9.09. Click on my name to visit my homeschooling blog.
#19 of 20 Old 01-15-2008, 12:47 PM

I have lost several pounds. I have PCOS and have been on Metformin since last October. If I loose two more pounds (not that I am trying right now) I will have lost 60 lbs total since I started the medication. I would say that almost ten of them have been since I found out I was pregnant. I'm not sure if that is still the medication or the nasuea or a combination. I am still pretty overweight so I am not concerned with it. In addition to that, I always loose weight when I am pregnant for some reason.

Mama to:Ben (12), Natalie (9), Zoe (5)

#20 of 20 Old 01-15-2008, 01:39 PM

I have lost between 20 and 25 pounds since finding out I was pregnant. I am slightly worried...I normally loose that amount over about the fist 20 weeks and then start gaining, never have I lost so much so fast.
Alicia

Get "101 Tips That Burn Belly Fat Daily
    For  Free thumb.gif , Visit Here 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page