Spotlight list 1/14: PrayinFor12 - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-16-2008, 08:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by amymaew View Post
Are you going to take childbirth classes? What kind?
No. I prefer getting TONS of exposure to how other women birth, and then finding my own way. I guess that's a way of being educated though - seeing what normal can look like in all it's crazy forms. I read stories and watch videos both, but carefully avoid the ones with much intervention or where the mama's scared.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2008, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelaM View Post
I love these spotlight discussions! It's so interesting to find out about each other!

My questions:

1. Are you currently working or volunteering outside the home? If so, will that change when the baby comes?

2. Do the "important people" in your life know about your pregnancy yet? (Family, friends, church, etc.) Are they excited, supportive?

3. What scares you the most about becoming a new parent?
1. I volunteer at my kids school...so that may slow down a bit.

2. Friends first then family....and they were excited! and supportive, though we are holding off on some family who aren't as supportive until my second trimester, unless they find out sooner...

3. Time and healing...I'm not scared. But anticipate that there will be a long transitional time for my family...Healing because of a c-section...
Old 01-17-2008, 12:42 PM

Ok Holly a few more just to keep it going.

Do you have any weekend plans?

Favorite movie?

Guilty pleasure?

April thankful mommy to my boys Big Red 3/06 Little Z 9/08 and happily awaiting the arrival of 10/10 :
Old 01-17-2008, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forsythia View Post
though we are holding off on some family who aren't as supportive until my second trimester, unless they find out sooner...
Love it! I totally would've too if we hadn't already bought plane tickets to see them - bad timing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryansma View Post
Ok Holly a few more just to keep it going.

Do you have any weekend plans?
Nope. But can I tell you about next weekend's plans?! Our first m/w appt is Thursday. Friday night and Saturday night we'll be in a snazzy nearby hotel - a full day between to lounge and play. Glorious! I can't wait!
(By chance, we ended up at a Marriot recently for the night. It did so much for my mood, I begged for a repeat.)

Favorite movie?
The Sound of Music. Always has been. I remember sitting in my grandmother's lap watching it at her house. Over and over and over.

Guilty pleasure?
Like something I enjoy but it makes me feel guilty? Or is it something I enjoy that I don't want to admit?
The first would be when I'm watching a show, they start in with some really screwed up ideas about God, and I don't turn it off. If it's the second, then I sorta like American Gladiator.
:

User Tag List