The Casual Thread - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 118 Old 01-18-2008, 03:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm going to get a makeover at the MAC counter today, hopefully it will be fun. I got my lip waxed yesterday, and now I have some blisters :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 118 Old 01-18-2008, 04:18 PM

We had friends over for a playdate and lunch today so that fun. The mom's in our little group are awesome and they aww'd the u/s pic from yesterday.
Ds played really well with his friends. He is getting to be such a big boy.

April thankful mommy to my boys Big Red 3/06 Little Z 9/08 and happily awaiting the arrival of 10/10 :
#63 of 118 Old 01-18-2008, 05:39 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA_PI View Post
Yesterday I kept having really bad dizzy spells and I felt like my heart was beating way too fast.
SO glad I'm not the only one! This has been freaking me out. I don't get dizzy, but I feel like I have horrid circulation and like my heart's beating too hard. I can feel my pulse 90% of the places I stop to think about, and it ROCKS through my chest and belly. Hate it hate it hate it. It's like fingernails on a chalkboard to me. I've been wondering about palpitations too, but can't tell for certain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunQueen View Post
Well I'm glad my house isn't the only one suffering!
Is this ALL of us?! lol I've got a friend coming today to attack the kitchen with soap. Glory! She's my new BFF, lemme tell ya.

And my muscle cramps are starting to loosen up!
#64 of 118 Old 01-18-2008, 05:56 PM

I feel like shyt right now. Complete and utter shyt. My m/s is starting to hit me in the afternoons now. I can't take this. I just want to go home and go to bed.

Book loverread.gif - Sewer sewmachine.gif - Movie lover lurk.gif - Mommy to a wonderful little boy (8/4/08) biggrinbounce.gif - Aspiring writer notes.gif - On a mission to lose 15 pounds - all-around cool chick hippie.gif

#65 of 118 Old 01-18-2008, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrayinFor12 View Post
SO glad I'm not the only one! This has been freaking me out. I don't get dizzy, but I feel like I have horrid circulation and like my heart's beating too hard. I can feel my pulse 90% of the places I stop to think about, and it ROCKS through my chest and belly. Hate it hate it hate it. It's like fingernails on a chalkboard to me. I've been wondering about palpitations too, but can't tell for certain.
Does it kinda feel like adrenaline and butterfly type excitement and heart pounding only you are relaxing so it's for no reason? Mine feels that way and makes me kinda breathless but goes away eventually. Wierd feeling.

Jenn (36), wife to DH for 13 years, DD1(13) , DD2(10) and DS(4)

#66 of 118 Old 01-18-2008, 07:15 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HulaJenn View Post
Does it kinda feel like adrenaline and butterfly type excitement and heart pounding only you are relaxing so it's for no reason? Mine feels that way and makes me kinda breathless but goes away eventually. Wierd feeling.
That's exactly what it feels like! And I hate the breathless part. What IS that?
#67 of 118 Old 01-18-2008, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrayinFor12 View Post
And my muscle cramps are starting to loosen up!

That's great. Any improvement right?!

April thankful mommy to my boys Big Red 3/06 Little Z 9/08 and happily awaiting the arrival of 10/10 :
#68 of 118 Old 01-18-2008, 08:20 PM

iam sick and i want and need a babysitter soo i can sleep and rest haahha but not going to happen right now or not until hubby gets home from work

but my mom is comming tonight when she gets off of work she is comming all the way from dallas thank god too cause she said she would clean my house take my sons rabbit since cleaning the cage makes me even more sick and just babysit soo i can sleep and relax

ohh and right now i hate baby poop it seems like everytime i change my sons diaper he poops again or has a wet fart and man that is driving me crazy hahahha

Amanda mom to Mahmoud 7-20-06, Kareem 8-23-08, and Baby #3 due May 19th 2011
#69 of 118 Old 01-18-2008, 10:04 PM

I've been trying since last summer to get my son to get a handle on the whole potty concept. He's 3 1/2 now and today, after four days of intense 'battle' with him ... he POOPED IN THE POTTY!!!!!! WOOT! Diaper free days, here we come! I might really get him out of pull ups and everything before the baby gets here!
#70 of 118 Old 01-19-2008, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaspeach View Post
I'm going to get a makeover at the MAC counter today, hopefully it will be fun. I got my lip waxed yesterday, and now I have some blisters :
i've never been able to have anything waxed i guess because my skin is too sensitive. it rips like a whole layer of epidermis off. i am doomed to a lifetime of tweezing.
#71 of 118 Old 01-19-2008, 03:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HulaJenn View Post
I get that. it almost feels like I'm about to have a panic attack. I start to be able to feel my pulse really strongly, and quickly - feels like I've just run up a couple flights of stairs but I'm sitting down! I think it's due to the increasing blood volume
#72 of 118 Old 01-19-2008, 05:55 AM

I cannot eat anything except fruit. What is going on? I thought I was past all of this? The nausea since this afternoon has been horrible. I soooo want a chili slaw dog but I fear I would throw up everywhere because of it.
Help!

Book loverread.gif - Sewer sewmachine.gif - Movie lover lurk.gif - Mommy to a wonderful little boy (8/4/08) biggrinbounce.gif - Aspiring writer notes.gif - On a mission to lose 15 pounds - all-around cool chick hippie.gif

#73 of 118 Old 01-19-2008, 01:47 PM

I had an u/s this week and am so relieved. I had pretty much convinced myself that I wasn't pregnant any more (in spite of still having horrible m/s) - residual fears from past m/c - turns out that I am just crazy, and I couldn't be happier about it! I saw the baby moving, and the heartbeat - sooo sweet!

Zona - so sorry for your loss; I know how important that she was to you
#74 of 118 Old 01-19-2008, 02:17 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I get that. it almost feels like I'm about to have a panic attack. I start to be able to feel my pulse really strongly, and quickly - feels like I've just run up a couple flights of stairs but I'm sitting down! I think it's due to the increasing blood volume
I'm so glad to hear there are others going through this. Makes me think it's some variation of normal. It had me really freaked out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA_PI View Post
I cannot eat anything except fruit. What is going on? I thought I was past all of this?
I hear tale nausea comes and goes in stages. Eventually it comes less and goes more. Just take advantage of the ability to swallow some nutrients when you're not feeling bad. You're so close to the end of the first tri - chances are good you'll feel better soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamatotwo View Post
I saw the baby moving, and the heartbeat - sooo sweet!
Jealous! Jealous! Jealous!
#75 of 118 Old 01-19-2008, 02:51 PM

Anyone else getting the random gagging/dry heaving thing without a lot of nausea? I will be feeling fine, then I'll try to take a vitamin, or I'll smell something weird, or I'll cough, and then WHAMMO! I'm dry heaving without even feeling nauseous. When the gagging stops, I'm fine and not nauseous. Weird. Anyone?

Decluttering SAHM of three. Going for 2011 items in 2011.
#76 of 118 Old 01-19-2008, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldfinch View Post
Anyone else getting the random gagging/dry heaving thing without a lot of nausea? I will be feeling fine, then I'll try to take a vitamin, or I'll smell something weird, or I'll cough, and then WHAMMO! I'm dry heaving without even feeling nauseous. When the gagging stops, I'm fine and not nauseous. Weird. Anyone?
Yep!
Sometimes I am really nauseous but don't gag. And other times, like the other night, I go to lay down and dry heave so bad I had to run out of the room in order to not wake ds. Good times.

#77 of 118 Old 01-19-2008, 05:43 PM

Quote:

That happens to me too and my mom said it is the increase blood volume. Amazing how things are suddenly changing and picking up quickly. Ok, nap time for me!

#78 of 118 Old 01-19-2008, 06:30 PM

Wish I could get a nap! I need to convince the 5 and 2 yr old first. The 5 isn't so hard, she will lay in bed and read. The 2 not a chance! Maybe I can get in a nap before I have to go to work.

Mom of a 7 yr old, 4 yr old, and 1 yr old. Wow. How did that happen?
#79 of 118 Old 01-19-2008, 06:44 PM

Utterly exahusted and nauseated today Trying to nap here and there, but my 5 & 3 YO aren't having it and DH has to go into work for 6:30. I'm so doomed :

Oh and I'm with everyone on the dizziness, I felt like mine was more anxiety-ish, but I'm relieved to see I may be wrong.

Clean house??? What's that these days??? I guess the sad part is I don't really care

Meredyth partners.gif Travis, Mama to my boys J, L, E & my girl B
Bella Rose is here 07/29/10!
Always missing my angel1.gif
#80 of 118 Old 01-19-2008, 06:49 PM

I am really nauseous today too. I think it's worse when I am overtired. Ds was up a bunch last night and dh ended up taking him and sleeping with him in the other room. My dh should get a medal
I am trying to take it easy today and I tried to nap with ds but he decided to only sleep for an hour : They are off to the store - seriously my dh rocks, and I am going to take a long leisurely shower and then try to stay warm. The high is supposed to be 10 today and tomorrow:

#81 of 118 Old 01-19-2008, 07:48 PM

Ryansmama, we must live somewhat close. Our high here in Lexington is 10 today and tomorrow also.

I so badly want to nap today, and DD looks pretty sleepy (she had a slumber party with grandparents last night), but I am trying my best to keep her awake. She is at the strange point where naps = staying up late. I think I would rather have her asleep for the night by 8. Then I will nap until dh gets home from work at 10:30.
#82 of 118 Old 01-19-2008, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettie cracker View Post
Ryansmama, we must live somewhat close. Our high here in Lexington is 10 today and tomorrow also.
We are in Columbus. It looks so nice out today - lots of sun, but I prefer my couch, my blanket and my computer, thank you very much

#83 of 118 Old 01-19-2008, 10:46 PM

I have finally started to feel better!

I sewed some receiving blakets today for my mom to crochet around and I also got some doll diapers started. I should be turning the diapers so I can finish them but the computer called my name.

Finally not so tired either!
#84 of 118 Old 01-20-2008, 12:10 AM - Thread Starter

I'm weepy. And I don't like it. My muscles are doing decently, but they still hurt enough to keep me on edge. And being pregnant has brought up some childhood hurts (weird how that works) that I'm trying to deal with.

Weird - it's really been a pretty good day. But I hate feeling so weepy and clingy and fragile. I just want a good cry in dh's arms - and maybe a warm cuddly blanket and some oj.
#85 of 118 Old 01-20-2008, 12:19 AM

OMG, I can't keep up with this thread! But I will say that I noticed that October was added as a dd group so we are all moving up -- yay!
#86 of 118 Old 01-20-2008, 02:31 AM

I got a new king sized bed (ikea swedish for 6 hours to put together a bed..but it has a latex matress

I am tired (although the dh put it all together.....)
I did have to buy sheets for it and I also got new curtains that block out the sunlight and noise - then thought i should buy a dawn simulator - crazy pregnant chick

actually I am pretty far north so it is still dark when I get up

8 might be enough
#87 of 118 Old 01-20-2008, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh View Post
I got a new king sized bed (ikea swedish for 6 hours to put together a bed..but it has a latex matress

I am tired (although the dh put it all together.....)
I did have to buy sheets for it and I also got new curtains that block out the sunlight and noise - then thought i should buy a dawn simulator - crazy pregnant chick

actually I am pretty far north so it is still dark when I get up
Ooh. Living in luxury! I hope you enjoy your new mattress. I want a new one so badly. . . it's on the list of things to replace as we have money. and we're definitely getting a king sized bed when we replace our old queen.
#88 of 118 Old 01-20-2008, 11:17 AM

I went to a thrift store and bought a good supply of cute summer tanks with room. I can't wait to be pregnant and showing in the summertime!
#89 of 118 Old 01-20-2008, 03:00 PM

We've finally picked a boy's middle name! Which is good, because I keep feeling that Akachan's a boy.
#90 of 118 Old 01-20-2008, 05:57 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire_chan View Post
We've finally picked a boy's middle name! Which is good, because I keep feeling that Akachan's a boy.
Hmmm...Akakun? lol

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page