The Casual Thread - Page 4 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#91 of 118 Old 01-20-2008, 06:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Ooh. Living in luxury! I hope you enjoy your new mattress. I want a new one so badly. . . it's on the list of things to replace as we have money. and we're definitely getting a king sized bed when we replace our old queen.
I sheepishly found the old queen sized matress a new home and after sleeping on the double for too long it became obvious it was time...

it was so old and springy (in the wrong way)
Ikea had their big 25% off sale on so I figured now was the time..they are pretty cheap there (I don't think there's one over 1k unlike those matress stores...tempur pedic wants over 3k...OUCH) I bought one in the rejects section for my dd 2 years ago - 200 dollars (foam, spring and wool cover and its really nice to sleep on but its a 3/4 size and only about 5 foot 8 in length..it had to fit a victorian bedframe I had...perfect! but too short for an adult..people were short 100 years ago!

This morning I had my 13yr old dd, my 5 yr old ds, my 3 yr old ds all piled in and we all had room =heaven.

8 might be enough
#92 of 118 Old 01-20-2008, 06:47 PM

That's great to hear that you all had room. We're getting a king so my husband and I can have our 3 year old, 16 month old, and new baby in the bed with us. We're way too squished with the 4 of us in the queen right now.
#93 of 118 Old 01-20-2008, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrayinFor12 View Post
Hmmm...Akakun? lol
#94 of 118 Old 01-21-2008, 12:28 AM

My nipples look normal again--my breasts grew to compensate.

I am HUGE!
#95 of 118 Old 01-21-2008, 03:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA_PI View Post
The spaghetti I craved so bad last night, didn't taste as good for lunch today. Maybe I should have eat a frozen meal.
I was craving pizza so bad a couple of nights ago, and at like 4 pieces that night. Ever since it hasn't sounded too good at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonapellucida View Post
my grandmother died this morning
Oh, I'm so sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrayinFor12 View Post

So apparently, this fatigue thing is normal. Ok - what about my feet freezing clean off?
Mine are freezing too : I usually can go without socks in the house, not lately!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldfinch View Post
Anyone else getting the random gagging/dry heaving thing without a lot of nausea?

Newly single, chronically sleep deprived mama to my little wild thang wild.gif, born 11/17/12 

fly-by-nursing1.gif

#96 of 118 Old 01-21-2008, 03:22 PM

cold feet?
I am a one woman furnace...last night husband and I were watching some movie...the day after tomorrow about the new ice age...I am eating a quart of icecream....socks off...dh is on the couch in a blanket shivering...

8 might be enough
#97 of 118 Old 01-21-2008, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh View Post
cold feet?
I am a one woman furnace...last night husband and I were watching some movie...the day after tomorrow about the new ice age...I am eating a quart of icecream....socks off...dh is on the couch in a blanket shivering...
That's so funny. I've been freezing. I can sit in my house with tights, jeans, socks, long sleeves, and a sweater, and just be shivering. It changes as I get bigger, though. This summer, I should be nice and comfortable.
#98 of 118 Old 01-21-2008, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh View Post
cold feet?
I hear ya about being a furnace. When I asked my partner the other night how he had slept he said "you were so hot it made me feel sick, couldn't sleep, had to get up and go turn down the furnace some more." He is always complaining that I heat up the bed to a billion degrees. LOL. How will I survive summer? It is about 10 F here currently.
#99 of 118 Old 01-21-2008, 07:23 PM - Thread Starter

My muscle cramp stuff has been (fairly) ignorable today! Woot woot and woot again!

And last night I realized my belly just doesn't seem still. I can't feel movement. It's like some 6th sense thing. I perceive that it's not still. Very cool. Makes me wonder if any of y'all have done that?
#100 of 118 Old 01-21-2008, 07:44 PM

I keep wondering if I'm feeling movement, too, but I'm only 8 weeks so I'm sure it's not possible yet. Then again, I'm sooo gassy. And freezing, and achy and nausous (sp?) and tired. I can't wait to get through this part.

Besides that, I had a profitable and fun weekend away with dh (I do jewelry home shows and did one out of town for fun). I plan to go to bed EARLY tonight. I swear some nights I feel like I should go down with my 3 yo at 8:30!!
#101 of 118 Old 01-21-2008, 08:04 PM

Yay for the eased up muscle cramps prayingfor12!

Ok, so I am wondering if I need to worry here. This afternoon my almost 4 yr old dd (33ish lbs) and I would laying in my bed watching a movie (trying to get a nap). She jumped onto my lower abdomen. Should I be worried???? I know there is tons of padding, but...

We haven't told her yet that I am pregnant - we want to wait to tell her till I am past the 1st trimester. Sooo, she has no idea why I was so upset.
#102 of 118 Old 01-21-2008, 08:08 PM

You could tell her she's got to be careful with your tummy (and guard against being jumped on kids have poor memories) I think you will be fine as you are still in the pelvis mostly...

8 might be enough
#103 of 118 Old 01-21-2008, 08:18 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettie cracker View Post
Ok, so I am wondering if I need to worry here. This afternoon my almost 4 yr old dd (33ish lbs) and I would laying in my bed watching a movie (trying to get a nap). She jumped onto my lower abdomen. Should I be worried???? I know there is tons of padding, but...
Seems that if something were wrong, you'd be hurting. You'd get squished before the baby would I think - you'd probably know.
#104 of 118 Old 01-21-2008, 09:54 PM

I can't believe it! Bettie I just came on to ask the same question!! My toddler body slammed my tummy today and I was quite concerned, expecially because afterwards my tummy felt sore and a bit crampy. Luckily my dd went down for a nap shortly thereafter and I took the opportunity to lay down and do nothing for an hour or so. I was/am concerned but I'm trying not to over-react.
Now is the time when I wish I had one of those at home dopplers to check for the hr
#105 of 118 Old 01-21-2008, 10:13 PM

My baby daddy (aka BD) did the sweetest thing Saturday night. I spent the night at his house and while I was sleeping, I felt his hand on my stomach. The baby would jump and his hand would be there. He said he did that for almost an hour while I was sleep (I was exhausted and hadn't rested in days). He said it was cool and he felt as if the baby were responding to him because it kept moving around all night (granted it was 2 inthe morning). Then Sunday morning I woke up with bad m/s and he went out in the cold and the snow to get me some grits and watermelon since that's the only thing I can stand to eat in the mornings. I was craving spinach by dinnertime and he made me a big pot of it (I LOVE his spinach) and just told me to relax while he took care of me since I'm always having to do it alone.

Times like those, I really love that man...and other days, he's just a baby daddy. LOL

Book loverread.gif - Sewer sewmachine.gif - Movie lover lurk.gif - Mommy to a wonderful little boy (8/4/08) biggrinbounce.gif - Aspiring writer notes.gif - On a mission to lose 15 pounds - all-around cool chick hippie.gif

#106 of 118 Old 01-21-2008, 10:34 PM

Monique, I am so glad that you had a great weekend with him! Hopefully he just needed a little reality check and will be a responsible man.
#107 of 118 Old 01-22-2008, 12:25 PM

Let's hope so, bettie.

Is anyone else experiencing back aches already? My back has been killing me all weekend? I thought maybe I slept wrong but today it's so achy. Any relief suggestions?

Book loverread.gif - Sewer sewmachine.gif - Movie lover lurk.gif - Mommy to a wonderful little boy (8/4/08) biggrinbounce.gif - Aspiring writer notes.gif - On a mission to lose 15 pounds - all-around cool chick hippie.gif

#108 of 118 Old 01-22-2008, 04:14 PM

My three year old has jumped on my tummy SO many times since I've been pregnant. It's no cause for worry unless it's causing you lots of pain. There's a ton of padding in there. For both of my previous pregnancies, I fell straight on my belly once each. . once on the sidewalk and once on paver stones. Both times, I was about 20 weeks, and although it hurt, the babies were fine.
#109 of 118 Old 01-22-2008, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jule924 View Post
I swear some nights I feel like I should go down with my 3 yo at 8:30!!
Me too. I have been trying to nap with ds in the afternoon so that I can spend the time after he goes to bed with dh, but some days it's TOUGH!! Like I doubt I will make it long tonight because ds caught a nap in the car and I missed out

I am SOOO tired the last few days and still pretty sick. Smells send me over the edge. Public restrooms are a BAD idea but I have to pee so d*mn much I don't have much of a choice and I am a horrible mouth breather. I get all Darth sounding. Cute.

April thankful mommy to my boys Big Red 3/06 Little Z 9/08 and happily awaiting the arrival of 10/10 :
#110 of 118 Old 01-22-2008, 06:46 PM

Well I have been dealing with insomnia BAD, Cant get to sleep before 1pm and then get woken up multiple times by my DD, the pinging heating system, hubbie rolling over or snoring, massive tummy acke, the cat RUNNING around the house, basically anything! Then when my hubbies alarm goes off at 6:20am I can't really get back to sleep. Last night I maybe got 3hrs total, I feel wasted and ill, it made my M/S SOOOOO much worse today. I have basically been lying on the floor trying to play with my DD all day while she destroys the house. BUT the worst of it is that today is the 3rd anniversary of my dads very sudden death (he was only 58). I just want to crawl under the covers and be alone.

At least my mom is here now having a jolly time with my DD (its good to get her mind off today) and I am vegging in bed with the laptop( I should be napping but I can't sleep). Also my hubbie is bringing home dinner.:

Mountain Biking bikenew.gifMama of 3 little beans, .      Epumped 1pump.gif 22mths for dd1 (2006) notes.gif
Nursed fly-by-nursing1.gifmy homebirth.jpg babe, dd2 (2008) until self weaned at 3yrsbouncy.gif. We survived a major nursing strike.

Awesome homebirth.jpg for Baby #3 who turned out to be a babygirl.gif (Aug 2013)!   

#111 of 118 Old 01-22-2008, 07:25 PM

I HAVE been going to bed with my 3 year old at 8:30. If I'm not in bed and sleeping by 9:30 I get too tired. I am rarely able to nap and I find I need a good solid 10 hours to 'keep up'
My DH works construction and gets up at 5 am so he often hits the hay early with me.
Occasionally the phone will ring around 9;30-10 and I catch myself thinking "Who would call at this hour?" and then realizing it isn't that late yet.
#112 of 118 Old 01-22-2008, 07:36 PM

Thanks for the replies about the belly jumpers. I did have cramping worse than the normally dull cramps last night, though not much. But just to be safe, I was horizontal on the couch all night after getting dd to bed at 8.
#113 of 118 Old 01-22-2008, 07:38 PM

Totally unrelated to pregnancy but I'm addicted to celeb gossip and just found out Heath Ledger is dead! How awful is that?! http://www.people.com/people/article...173072,00.html

#114 of 118 Old 01-22-2008, 07:54 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
He said it was cool and he felt as if the baby were responding to him because it kept moving around all night
Aside from the fact that this is super-cute... Exactly HOW far along ARE you?! Girl, I can't even feel the baby myself - no way could someone else feel it! Are you having septuplets and just not telling us?

Quote:
Is anyone else experiencing back aches already?
Yeah, mild ones. Heating pad?

BakerALM, I'm sorry your day is going so lame. Best wishes for good sleep tonight and a nice day tomorrow.

Me: Woke up with a 2-finger-sized numb spot on my rear. Seems to only be numb when I'm walking. WHAT is THAT?! My chiro said not to worry unless it gets worse or the spot gets bigger. Ideas, Ladies? Seems freaky to me.

Oh, and in random news, my parakeet has a massively swollen and discolored leg and toe. He's going to a bird vet Friday.
#115 of 118 Old 01-22-2008, 08:26 PM

I am feeling so depressed right now. I don't know if it's because of the m/s messages people are posting of their losses or if I'm just out of it, but the depression really just hit me. I have my first appointment tomorrow and are terrified right now. I need a hug. Ithink I'll call my grandma.

#116 of 118 Old 01-22-2008, 09:21 PM

Quote:
I am feeling so depressed right now. I don't know if it's because of the m/s messages people are posting of their losses or if I'm just out of it, but the depression really just hit me. I have my first appointment tomorrow and are terrified right now. I need a hug. Ithink I'll call my grandma.
Reading about losses always makes me nervous, too. Just remember that most babies are ok. It just seems like there are a lot of losses because those people post, while most people don't post daily. I don't have a better way to make you feel better, though.
#117 of 118 Old 01-22-2008, 09:29 PM

Meg: Take me to the bed or lose me forever!

Oh my god, I love that scene. I say it to my husband all the time. (especially lately when I am so tired that I can barely drag myself from the couch to bed).
#118 of 118 Old 01-22-2008, 09:53 PM

I could have sworn I could never feel as tired as I did taking care of my older ds when I was pg with #2, but I take it all back now!! #2 ds is not a great sleeper and was up and down for 2 hours last night and then up at 5:30 again, though thankfully went back to sleep until 7. The kid is killing me!! I'm thinking about puting the humdifier in my room with the door closed and asking dh (who can sleep in the guest bed) to care for him until at least 6am. Ds is night weaned so he should be fine.

: let this part be over soon!! I'm seriously going to be in bed by 9 tonight!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page