The Casual Thread - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 118 Old 01-15-2008, 02:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So ya know how every day you want to say something on here but it's not big enough to start a new thread? Other DDCs have "weekly chat" threads. Wanna try it?

My casual info for the day: Dh is working from home today JUST because I'm so weak. Blood sugar's fine - go figure. Never felt such fatigue.

You?
#2 of 118 Old 01-15-2008, 03:03 PM

i wish hubby would have taken baby to work soo i could just relax and rest didnt get much sleep last night

but i need to go eat lunch since have not been throwing up today

Amanda mom to Mahmoud 7-20-06, Kareem 8-23-08, and Baby #3 due May 19th 2011
#3 of 118 Old 01-15-2008, 03:12 PM

I've been transferred to a new dept at work without any forewarning and want to leave this organization all together.

Today is my sorority's 100th anniversary and i'm supposed to have dinner with some of my sisters but I don't feel like going.

Book loverread.gif - Sewer sewmachine.gif - Movie lover lurk.gif - Mommy to a wonderful little boy (8/4/08) biggrinbounce.gif - Aspiring writer notes.gif - On a mission to lose 15 pounds - all-around cool chick hippie.gif

#4 of 118 Old 01-15-2008, 03:13 PM

this is a good idea.

I'm sorry you guys are feeling so bad

I started school this week and am already worn out by it!
#5 of 118 Old 01-15-2008, 03:28 PM

I hear you on being tired. DH has been doing all the cooking because by evening I have no desire to cook. Cleaning is a joke too!! I'm sure hoping this passes soon!
#6 of 118 Old 01-15-2008, 04:08 PM

I'm so over snow.

Amy... mom to
Keith, Henry and Caroline
#7 of 118 Old 01-15-2008, 04:16 PM

cooking and cleaning wait we r suppost to do that while pregnant hahaha

i cleaned sunday inbetween throwing up and getting dizzy since hubby took the baby all day hahah

cooking nope i ahve not did that since the m/s kicked in food just makes me sick hahah

#8 of 118 Old 01-15-2008, 04:20 PM

last night my daughter peed on me and i was up all night with stomach issues. i am exhausted, even more than i usually am while pregnant.

earth.gif trottin', pole dancing, Norway and Sweden lovin' , hippie.gif,WOHM Kiddos born waterbirth.jpg 12/11/06 and 08/09/08 
belly.gif with #3 puke.gif EDD:01/2013 yikes2.gif So in love loveeyes.gif with my sweet Swede 2twins.gif and my bonus-son 10/25/98 carrot.gif

#9 of 118 Old 01-15-2008, 04:29 PM

The spaghetti I craved so bad last night, didn't taste as good for lunch today. Maybe I should have eat a frozen meal.

I'm totally making me an appointment to a spa and getting a massage and facial.

Book loverread.gif - Sewer sewmachine.gif - Movie lover lurk.gif - Mommy to a wonderful little boy (8/4/08) biggrinbounce.gif - Aspiring writer notes.gif - On a mission to lose 15 pounds - all-around cool chick hippie.gif

#10 of 118 Old 01-15-2008, 04:37 PM

This is really random but what the hell...

Top Gun is one of my favorite movies and it came on last night. I get so tickled when I think about this one part of the movie:

Meg: Goose, you big stud!
Goose: That's me, honey!
Meg: Take me to the bed or lose me forever!
Goose: Show me the way home, honey!

Considering the soundtrack was pretty darn awesome too, I love that movie. Ok, let me get back to work.

#11 of 118 Old 01-15-2008, 04:37 PM

I ate TWO donuts last night. Talk about a sugar craving.

DH should be home in less than 2 hours, he's been gone 8 days. I haven't told him about the bleeding yet...

I can tell the bleeding is irritating my uterus, I'm crampy, but not bad, just enough to be noticeable and annoying, and I feel icky in general, like I have intestinal cramps too... yuck.

On a positive note, the midwife I've been trying to get hold of called me back, we can meet with her on Saturday at 2pm. But I am an idiot. I didn't even tell her about the bleeding. Talk about scatterbrained.

write@home mama to big boy (04-06) and little boy (10-08)
and someone new in november stork-suprise.gif

#12 of 118 Old 01-15-2008, 04:52 PM

my grandmother died this morning

Mom of many minions . . . babyf.gif jumpers.gif     jumpers.gif     jumpers.gif
"And when our baby stirs and struggles to be born it compels humility: what we began is now its own." Margaret Mead 
#13 of 118 Old 01-15-2008, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonapellucida View Post
I'm so sorry.

A, partner to J, mama to O, now with a new username!

Building queer family since 2008!

(and oh, did i mention we're having twins?!?)

#14 of 118 Old 01-15-2008, 04:56 PM

My kids are being goofs today. They're both wearing just diapers because they stripped their clothes off. They've been lounging around the house and jumping off of all the furniture. And it's fine with me. At least they're happy.

I kind of wish I'd either have m/s or feel fine. This all day nausea is going to be the death of me.

I have a friend with a 6 month old who just told me she might be pregnant. I should be excited for her, but she's not ready for a second baby yet. I don't know how her marriage would withstand it. For that reason, I hope she's not pg yet. She hopes she's not either.

That's what's on my mind today.
#15 of 118 Old 01-15-2008, 05:04 PM

My DH left for Las Vegas this morning, he won't be back until after midnight Thursday night So I'm totally bumming about that. The kids miss him already and it isn't even time for him to come home from work yet. They have a sixth sense about him being gone!

I'm over it being ass-cold! WTH!
#16 of 118 Old 01-15-2008, 05:05 PM

I'm over the winter, too. It would be nice if it would just warm up. We're not supposed to get to 32 for the next 10 days. . . .. . TEN DAYS of below freezing weather, even during the day. That's crap~!
#17 of 118 Old 01-15-2008, 05:28 PM

Quote:
I am so sorry for your loss.
#18 of 118 Old 01-15-2008, 05:30 PM

One of my good friends is pregnant too (due in March) and after story time yesterday we took the kids to eat at Golden Corral. MMMMMMMM it was perfect. The best was this cake they make called Shadow Cake. It's calling my name today. I actually considered calling to see if they would sell me a cake - SAD!

April thankful mommy to my boys Big Red 3/06 Little Z 9/08 and happily awaiting the arrival of 10/10 :
#19 of 118 Old 01-15-2008, 05:33 PM

On Friday, I went to the doc with a terribly sore, swollen throat and white spots all over my mouth/throat. The rapid test came back negative, but my doctor started treating me for strep, not wanting to risk that while pregnant. She said those tests are frequently inaccurate and it looked just like strep. I called Monday to get the results of the culture, and it was negative. Yay, I got to stop the antibiotics which made me feel sick - but I was taking them just long enough to give me a yeast infection. booooo!
#20 of 118 Old 01-15-2008, 05:50 PM

Quote:
I am so sorry for your loss

Jenn (36), wife to DH for 13 years, DD1(13) , DD2(10) and DS(4)

#21 of 118 Old 01-15-2008, 06:35 PM

Went to lunch with my BFF bitched about our jobs, had a salad, loaded baked potato & Delmonico ribeye and didn't even feel like throwing up... that's a good day

Meredyth partners.gif Travis, Mama to my boys J, L, E & my girl B
Bella Rose is here 07/29/10!
Always missing my angel1.gif
#22 of 118 Old 01-15-2008, 06:53 PM

I walked after lunch today, took and shower and now the kids are in the bathtub...

Can't wait for dh to come home, don't want to make supper, nothing sounds good and it is worse once I cook, I'm not used to feeling crummy and now on top of all of it I think the hormones had hit a new high and I'M GRUMPY

Please I want to feel atleast somewhat normal again.
#23 of 118 Old 01-15-2008, 07:22 PM

zonapellucida iam soooo sorry for ur loss

well my son is running around with just a shirt on noo diaper and he goes and sits on my arm and when he gets up i smell it and it stinks he firted on my arm how gross hhahahahah

but i talked to my bff who is due july 18th and we have a doc appt tomorrow at the same place well we plained it that way hahah we go to the same doc office but she sees the midwifes and i go to a obgyn cause the midwifes dont do vbacs and the ob does but we get too hang out tomorrow and watch big love after our appt hahah

#24 of 118 Old 01-15-2008, 07:49 PM

I'm traveling for two days next week and then half of the month of February for my work. I'm really nervous about how I will do since I'm exhausted and nauseous 3/4 of the time.

On the upside I had lunch with a good friend today and her now 2 month old baby. She was a coworker who quit and I'm so glad we're still staying in touch.

In the end, only three things matter: how much you loved, how gently you lived, and how gracefully you let go of things not meant for you." Buddha

#25 of 118 Old 01-15-2008, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountrylivinmomtoB View Post
I hear you on being tired. DH has been doing all the cooking because by evening I have no desire to cook. Cleaning is a joke too!! I'm sure hoping this passes soon!
THis is SOOOO my house, all I manage to do is get the bare minimum of laundry so at least we have clean underwear.

Quote:
I miss my g-ma also.

We bought a new car yesterday night, TOTALLY ran the dealership. Not my style but don't ask don't tell is my moto when it comes to selling a car to a dealer. My hubbie is basically a mechanic on the side without the degree and he said that with used parts and him doing all the labor to get the car perfect we would need to put in $4K!! The dealer gave us $7400!!! Even after they were allowed to ask us questions (which we told the total truth to, they just asked the wrong questions), take it for a ride and look at in there shop. They must have CRAPPY mechanics! In the end we are only paying 9 dollars more per month for a 2006 Toyota Scion XA with only 3000 miles. I am in heaven!!!!

Mountain Biking bikenew.gifMama of 3 little beans, .      Epumped 1pump.gif 22mths for dd1 (2006) notes.gif
Nursed fly-by-nursing1.gifmy homebirth.jpg babe, dd2 (2008) until self weaned at 3yrsbouncy.gif. We survived a major nursing strike.

Awesome homebirth.jpg for Baby #3 who turned out to be a babygirl.gif (Aug 2013)!   

#26 of 118 Old 01-15-2008, 10:29 PM

I'm sorry for your loss zonapellucida

I feel great all day until it's time to make dinner. Then I feel so nauseous. It does make cooking a challenge sometimes. I'm grateful for the symptom though.

Tina - mama to DD1 10yrs, DD2 5.5 yrs and DD3 22 mo and wifey to DH.
#27 of 118 Old 01-15-2008, 10:36 PM

Quote:
I got the man to clean the house this weekend it was looking like an episode of COPS...seriously...and I couldn't wash dishes I'd have added vomit to them.

I am so tired I cannot understand it.
Going to see my doctor next week...

been craving egg salad and smoothies...go figure.
egg salad usually gives me those raunchy egg farts this pregnancy nope
(probably the rock hard cryptonite constipation that prevents gas from penetrating)

8 might be enough
#28 of 118 Old 01-16-2008, 01:15 PM - Thread Starter

Zona, I'm sorry friend.

Everyone,
I keep seeing mention of being insanely tired. Is it NORMAL to be so tired you feel like you can't take a deep breath? (I'm breathing fine. But I do feel like that.) Yesterday, dh had to stay home from work because I couldn't even feed myself.

Is this supposed to happen? Will it last long?
#29 of 118 Old 01-16-2008, 02:02 PM

Zona, I am so sorry for your loss.

This was a great idea. I wish I had something of relevence to say but I don't! LOL

I think I am feeling better. At least a bit. i just wish I could get these dang headaches to go away! I know it is from the increases blood volume and flow! I can't wait for it so slow down so I can get some relief!

Hopefully we will all start to feel better in the next couple weeks!
#30 of 118 Old 01-16-2008, 02:21 PM

Zona I loss my grandma on 4th of July. I am so sorry for your loss.

I feel ok today. Woke up in a funky bad mood. Just not liking work very much. Had a meeting with my acting team lead that lasted 2 hours. A lot was accomplished and made my morning go by. I'm just read to go home for the day.

I haven't talked to my BD since Monday night. Not sure why but whatever. Had dinner with my sorority sisters last night. Lots of laughs and I even hooked my sister up with our hot waiter. His name is Aaron and his ruggishly handsome and speaks spanish. LOL. My sister has already said she's going to screw him. She's raunchy but speaks her mind. Gotta love her.

Still amazed I'm 11 weeks. I do feel a little a naueous but I think a good nap would fix that. Heading home at 3:15 to put on a nightgown and get in the bed. Might watch a movie but I think I'd prefer to sleep.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page